McAgger
Red Alert
11 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Sahin - Page 2 Empty Re: Sahin

Post by Arquitecto Sun Aug 26, 2012 10:19 am

ynwa wrote:@ Arq:
We don’t need an option to buy though, do we?

It’s quite clear that he wants to stay at RM and fight for a spot so he wouldn’t have came if this was the case. He’s not really our best midfielder now is he? Lucas is. Gerrard whilst good at CM is A LOT better in the front 3 so Sahin coming would get our best finisher into the final third on a regular basis. Lucas has also had a long-term injury in the past and we had no quality to replace him and to an extent, we do now albeit more Allen than Sahin.

Adding to that, we have potentially 70 games this season. Whilst Shelvey and Henderson are highly rated young players, they don’t have the quality just yet to help dominate games so would be great options against the lesser sides or coming off the bench. They both will get games this year, so Sahin won’t steal time off them.

Sahin’s arrival also potentially spells the end to Adam and Spearing – which is massive. Mediocrity breeds mediocrity. We saw it when we signed Carroll and brought in Adam and Downing to compliment him so getting rid of them will open up space for Suso, one I rate very highly. Saying that, that’s no disrespect to Spearing and Adam, they are good players in their own way but they’re not players that should be part of a squad that wants top four – they just don’t fit that into that category.

Rodgers won’t make Sahin the main man, if anything he’s here to help compliment Suarez and help Luis out. Suarez has the burden of having to create and finish his own chances, so by the time he shoots he is exhausted and rushes into the shot. Sahin knows how to create so would put them on a plate to Suarez.

He also would be a massive help to fight for the top four, which gets us to sign quality again. Happy with this loan. Smile

Great post as usual ynwa.

Mate it all comes down to me simply whining on how we could not acquire his permanent signature as its spurns from all the weeks I was so anxious and excited for a successful deal. My earlier thoughts are based mostly on assumptions and reactive responses yet its clear to me with the help of your thoughts and personal contemplation that even if it is JUST a loan deal, it'll significantly assist us to Top 4, as the latter would bring wonders to this club.

I hope Henderson can be included though as I didn't have Shelvey in mind. To be honest I've never been a fan of Shelvey really as Hendo is more a prospect for me.

Back on topic, hopefully it pans out well for us as I'm sure Rodgers has a plan.

Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by SchinnerC Mon Aug 27, 2012 7:30 am

With Lucas injured, the most possible midfield 3 will be Allen-Sahin-Gerrard. The question though is who will play the holding role. Allen did magnificient in the 'Busquets' role against Citeh, breaking up plays and linked the defence and attack well. Sahin made a name for himself in the Deep Lying Playmaker role alongside Bender/Kehl in Dortmund, with the whole team playing to his beat. Who do you reckon should play the more attacking role? Allen or Sahin?
SchinnerC
SchinnerC
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Mon Aug 27, 2012 8:12 am

It'll be something like:

Allen Sahin
Gerrard

Imo. Don't think Lucas injury is serious. Maybe 2-3 weeks max before he comes back to full fitness.

@Arq:

There's no doubt that we've had hoped there was a buy-out clause, but this isn't the case so it's not really the end of the world.

Saying that, I do feel Henderson has a higher ceiling than Jonjo.
I personally feel Shelvey is highly rated by others as he takes risks and has full confidence in himself whilst Henderson always goes plays the simple pass and only plays a killer ball if he knows it'll succede.

Saying that, they're both great prospects and I hope they both make it. We're going to have an amazing midfield if Shelvey, Henderson, Allen, Suso and Lucas all stay for the next 2-3 seasons. Add Gerrard to that, and we'll go back to bullying teams like we did under Rafa. Very Happy
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Mon Aug 27, 2012 8:17 am

I don't know about you guys but if Sahin's spell with us is successful, I don't think he'll leave us. In fact, I think he'll force Madrid's hand to sell him.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by SchinnerC Mon Aug 27, 2012 8:43 am

In theory it would be

Allen Sahin
Gerrard

But from what I see, Brendan likes one of them to roam forward and one to drop in front of the two CBs. Both have good work rate and defensive skills but neither of them are proper DMC imo.

And I do think Shelvey > Hendo too. Shelvey has better technique, has more presence and look a more tactical player. Hendo also lack the composure Shelvey possesses.
SchinnerC
SchinnerC
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Tue Aug 28, 2012 1:32 am

ynwa wrote:It'll be something like:

Allen Sahin
Gerrard

Imo. Don't think Lucas injury is serious. Maybe 2-3 weeks max before he comes back to full fitness.

@Arq:

There's no doubt that we've had hoped there was a buy-out clause, but this isn't the case so it's not really the end of the world.

I personally feel Shelvey is highly rated by others as he takes risks and has full confidence in himself whilst Henderson always goes plays the simple pass and only plays a killer ball if he knows it'll succede.

Saying that, they're both great prospects and I hope they both make it. We're going to have an amazing midfield if Shelvey, Henderson, Allen, Suso and Lucas all stay for the next 2-3 seasons. Add Gerrard to that, and we'll go back to bullying teams like we did under Rafa. Very Happy

Reports suggest Lucas could well be out for 6 to 10 weeks with a torn thigh muscle. Tomorrow things should be clear, so we'll have to wait and see.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Tue Aug 28, 2012 8:48 am

Did he tear it?

Thought it was just bruised/sore. He would of stayed in the dressing rooms if it was any more serious.

We should find out soon when lfc.com give us an update.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Tue Aug 28, 2012 9:24 am

ynwa wrote:It'll be something like:

Allen Sahin
Gerrard

@Arq:

Absolutely. Our team is already making him at home (Borini taking him to dinner) as they say once you experience Anfield as a Red you never want to go back. We can only wait.

Best thing is Shelvey and Hendo are completely different which provides us two different components for the future as this goes even beyond positional reference (CM & CAM).

Suso biased or unbiased has long been my favourite prospect as we need to fight tooth and nail to keep him.

Agreed as a whole.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2