Onyx
rwo power
Zealous
white_star
11 posters

Go down

Villa gets fined Empty Villa gets fined

Post by white_star Wed Aug 22, 2012 2:35 pm

This is not about barca but to discuss the topic of gettIng fined for this. I know it is a rule and all but he was thanking his family for supporting him during his injury. Fining Somone for that is just dumb. He did not advertise or offend anyone. What are your guys thoughts on this?

[quote]Barcelona star David Villa is set to be fined for revealing a touching message to his family as he celebrated his scoring return from a long-term injury.

The striker - who missed the second half of last season and Euro 2012 after breaking his leg last December - announced his return to first-team action in emphatic style on Sunday by scoring the final goal in Barca's 5-1 win over Real Sociedad in their first match of the new season.

Villa celebrated scoring just seven minutes after coming off the bench at the Nou Camp by removing his shirt to reveal a t-shirt with a picture of his wife and children and the message "Impossible without you".

Spain's all-time top scorer was booked by the referee for removing his jersey, something which has long been a known consequence, but he is now in line to be fined between 2,000 and 3,000 euros (around £1,500 to £2,350) for doing so.

Article 91 of regulations enforced by the newly-established Competition Committee state that a shirt "displaying any kind of advertising slogan legend, acronyms, logos or pictures, whatever its contents or purpose, shall be punished with a minimum fine of 2,000 to 3,000 euros and a reprimand."

"It has been a difficult time and it is nice to be back," Villa said after the match.

"I am pleased to be able to say I can forget about the injury now. I have had five weeks training at the maximum level but my body still struggles to reach the levels required to play 90 minutes. I'll keep on working until I van eventually play a full game again.

"Because of me, I am sure it has been a difficult time for (my family) as well."

Eurosport - 8/22/12 5:10 AM
[quote]
white_star
white_star
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Shakhtar Donetsk

Back to top Go down

Villa gets fined Empty Re: Villa gets fined

Post by Zealous Wed Aug 22, 2012 2:37 pm

This is honestly the most retarded rule in football. Unless a player is flashing an advertisement then there should be no reason to fine someone or even flash a yellow card for taking off their shirt.

I wonder if Villa knew about the fine though hmm
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by white_star Wed Aug 22, 2012 2:38 pm

True maybe he was going to do it regardless of the outcome. I am sure that fine amount won't hurt him financially but it is still a dumb rule.
white_star
white_star
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Wed Aug 22, 2012 2:43 pm

Who set up that rule - FIFA, UEFA or the Spanish League? (I mean is it valid in other leagues, too?)

And yeah, I agree that a yellow for taking off the shirt is stupid Villa gets fined 01_03_heiligenschein

Last edited by rwo power on Wed Aug 22, 2012 2:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Wed Aug 22, 2012 2:47 pm

The rule only exists because of sponsors who want people to see their brand when a goal is scored. Don't let anyone tell you anything different.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Wed Aug 22, 2012 3:45 pm

So he shouldn't be fined because he returned from injury? He broke a rule.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Wed Aug 22, 2012 4:22 pm

the rule is stupid imo.. but in some cases it does make sense i think.

particularly when the message is "why always me" or something dumb like that.

but the yellow and a fine wont change the fact that players will do it, i only remember it effecting games a couple times like when cassano did it and then got a second yellow so he was actually suspended

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Wed Aug 22, 2012 4:27 pm

mtfootball wrote:So he shouldn't be fined because he returned from injury? He broke a rule.
The point is more that the rule is a bit stupid when it comes to such private messages. If the message is commercial, I think it is okay, as then the player likely got money for it, so the fine would be fine.

As for booking players for taking off their shirts - if they are good-looking it's certainly a shame Razz
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by buddytaller Wed Aug 22, 2012 4:35 pm

Rules are rules, players know they'll get booked and do it regardless. Manchester City players probably abuse that rule the most, all most all their players have one message or the other underneath their jerseys from "Why Always Me" to "Fuerte Apache" to "Eid Mubarak".
buddytaller
buddytaller
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Wed Aug 22, 2012 5:04 pm

These guys are millionaires. I'm sure they're not crying themselves to sleep over a few thousand euros lost.

Villa knew the about the yellow, but probably not about the fine. I doubt he cares anyway. It's chump change for him and I honestly think it was worth it after being out so long.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Aug 22, 2012 5:06 pm

Point is the rule should'nt even exist in the first place, people have argued this for years and rightly so.

The rule only exists because of sponsors who want people to see their brand when a goal is scored. Don't let anyone tell you anything different.

Thumbs up
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Dutti Wed Aug 22, 2012 5:13 pm

Competition Committee: "We are too stupid to know the difference between an advertisement and a personal family message."
Dutti
Dutti
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Die Borussen Wed Aug 22, 2012 6:00 pm

what zeal said about the sponsors

it makes sense

Die Borussen
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by white_star Wed Aug 22, 2012 7:05 pm

buddytaller wrote:Rules are rules, players know they'll get booked and do it regardless. Manchester City players probably abuse that rule the most, all most all their players have one message or the other underneath their jerseys from "Why Always Me" to "Fuerte Apache" to "Eid Mubarak".

What ? The rule shouldn't be there in the first place! He had a picture of his family thanking them because with their support everything is possible. Very wrong indeed they should hang people for it next season smoking

If it was a player I will not name you would become a lawyer to defend him!
white_star
white_star
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Wed Aug 22, 2012 7:49 pm

I thought the rule was one had to take off the entire jersey?! Villa just raised the front of his jersey to reveal a message that really is as nice as it gets. The fine he received would do nothing to his bank account but it's a very ancient rule that honestly should be reviewed.

Also what Zealous wrote...
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down