Great Leader Sprucenuce
Onyx
Vibe
Tomwin Lannister
ErPupone
20 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

FIGC Approves of 12-man benches - Page 2 Empty Re: FIGC Approves of 12-man benches

Post by andiii Wed Aug 22, 2012 12:59 am

12 places is a luxury so i'm sure coaches wouldn't choose all 12 based on how good the players are. a few spots could be rotational for the deadwoods

andiii
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

FIGC Approves of 12-man benches - Page 2 Empty Re: FIGC Approves of 12-man benches

Post by Sri Wed Aug 22, 2012 1:20 am

So basically the first string is on the pitch, while the second sits on the bench? It does free up the option of making like for like substituitions for every position if there is a need, and to some extent also give more tactical options.

But these positives are still limited by the fact that there are only 3 subsitutions allowed. Implying that a maximum of 9 players would just be 'warming the bench' every match.

Except for a 'feel good factor' of being on the first team bench, as an added incentive to youth/reserve players, I don't see how this makes any revolutionary sense. Some of the posts in this thread make it seem a revolutionary idea - maybe someone could explain a bit?

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Emaharg Wed Aug 22, 2012 1:36 am

Could potentially give lots of youngsters a better chance.
Don't see how it is a bad thing.
Emaharg
Emaharg
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by andiii Wed Aug 22, 2012 1:43 am

yea, you might be surprisingly winning a game 5-0... but have no youngsters on the bench. with the 12 places it will give more chance they can get game time when the situations come up
andiii
andiii
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Wed Aug 22, 2012 1:55 am

Emaharg wrote:Could potentially give lots of youngsters a better chance.
Don't see how it is a bad thing.

The key word is potentially.

With the 3-subsitutions cap, there is still only a marginal improvement in chances.

Substitutions are done in case of :
a. Injury to a player
b. Tactical change (mostly when the match is tight and in a deadlock, or the team is chasing the game) [I would put Red card suspensions here too, since they require a change in tactics]
c. Fresh legs (without loss of on-field quality, unless the team is having a good lead that they are confident of holding on to) [I would put withdrawing players to rest them here, as its just a corollary case]
d. Other circumstances (which might be slipping my mind right now) and/or combination of above three

For (a) - 12-man bench could prove helpful, as the manager has the option to do like for like changes.

For (b) - Managers would generally not trust throwing in a younger player in such circumstances, though there can be exceptions ( 8-2 :facepalm: ). So I don't see how 12-men benches improves anything here.

For (c) - Yes, younger players will get more chances in such a case. But these cases happen a handful of times in a season? Obviously, the manager would choose a slightly mixed bench for these games w/o being overconfident?

I am not saying its a bad idea, just don't see it as a decision having too much impact or consequence. As I said, reading through this thread gave me a distinct impression that it was being hailed as a revolutionary change. Maybe I just don't get that aspect of it yet.

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by andiii Wed Aug 22, 2012 2:28 am

you missed when you're winning comfortably
andiii
andiii
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack Daniels Wed Aug 22, 2012 2:30 am

@srigooner
It's revolutionary for FM players lol
Jack Daniels
Jack Daniels
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Wed Aug 22, 2012 2:54 am

Jack Daniels wrote:@srigooner

Lol.. Well I play FIFA, but never got around to FM anyway.. Mavbe I should give it a try sometime hmm

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Wed Aug 22, 2012 3:31 am

srigooner wrote:
Jack Daniels wrote:@srigooner

Lol.. Well I play FIFA, but never got around to FM anyway.. Mavbe I should give it a try sometime hmm

Nooooooooo. Please don't do it.
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Chelsea

http://pose-grpp.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Juveman17 Wed Aug 22, 2012 2:01 pm

Never played FM, what so great about it?

Fifa 12 Career Mode > All others
Juveman17
Juveman17
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

https://www.youtube.com/user/juveman176

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2