dostoevsky
Milan31
Rossoneri Ninja
8 posters

Go down

Massimiliano Allegri Empty Massimiliano Allegri

Post by Rossoneri Ninja Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:02 pm

Everyone remember this
On the eve of the second Leg of Arsenal Vs AC Milan, Massimiliano Allegri gave his first ever interview to an english newspaper defending Wenger and criticizing Gunner’s Transfer Market activities.
Outspoken Allegri is the hottest coach in Serie A after winning the title in his first season in charge of Milan.
Sat at the top of a board-room table at the Italian giants’ famous Milanello training ground, Allegri defended manager Arsene Wenger but condemned Arsenal’s policy of cashing in on their stars.By doing that, Allegri argued, Arsenal’s message to players and fans is that they lack ambition.
Allegri told me: “For me it’s impossible to win the title or Champions League without signing big players. You will never do it without big players. That goes for Arsenal, Milan or any big club. You must buy big. I have a strong team but in that I have three big players, bringing experience, character, technical ability and leadership. You need leaders.”
“For me in every team there are two leaders. One technical and tactical leader and one with character. In Milan our technical leader is Zlatan Ibrahimovic. In terms of character, until last year, it was Rino Gattuso. Now Mark Van Bommel or Thiago Silva.”
Allegri took charge 18 months ago with a brief to restore the Italian giants as one of Europe’s powerhouses. Milan signed Robinho, Ibra, Kevin-Prince Boateng and Antonio Cassano among others and Allegri delivered instant success, winning their first Serie A since 2004. Boateng told SunSport before the first leg Arsenal are ‘either brilliant or don’t know what they’re doing’.
But Allegri said: “I don’t agree because Arsenal have a big coach. They know every time what they have to do on the pitch. It depends on their rivals as well. It’s not fair to criticize Wenger so much and it is not right, because every year Arsenal sell one big player or two big players and the team still manage to play well and finish in the top four.
“But it’s also true that if they want to win trophies they have to keep their best players. And make two or three big signings. If somebody told me this summer we have to sell Zlatan and Prince I would say no. No”
Allegri laughed and joined his hands in mock prayer.
In 2007, star Thierry Henry left Arsenal for Barcelona. Without Henry Arsenal still beat Milan at the San Siro and knocked them out of the competition four years ago. But the following summer Arsenal lost Mathieu Flamini to AC Milan on a free and Alexander Hleb to Barca. A year on Emmanuel Adebayor and Kolo Toure joined Manchester City.
After managing to hold on to want away Cesc Fabregas in 2010 they still sold the Catalan star to Barca as well as Samir Nasri to City last summer. Allegri’s take on Arsenal’s decline is simple and based on common sense.
The Milan boss added: “If you sell your big players obviously the other players are also affected mentally. Psychologically. For this thing the club is also very important. The club sends the important message to the fans and the players.”
“If in the summer Milan sells our big players the message the players and the fans will receive is that the club lack ambition. When you start to build the team, the big players MUST stay. Three, four or five years. You need three or four years to win the Champions League. My plan is to win the Champions League with Milan in the next two years.”

Should've handed in his resignation if he had any pride.
Rossoneri Ninja
Rossoneri Ninja
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Massimiliano Allegri Empty Re: Massimiliano Allegri

Post by Milan31 Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:24 pm

:facepalm:
Milan31
Milan31
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:30 pm

i dont like allegri...

even with great champions on disposal... say if he were to coach team like real madrid he wont win CL

or should i say, if he were to coach technicallly brilliant team like barcelona he will lineup song mascherano and busquets as midfield lineup

Last edited by JespSwe on Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:41 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:39 pm

“If in the summer Milan sells our big players the message the players and the fans will receive is that the club lack ambition."

Hearing it loud and clear :coffee:

Our coaches will sadly have to play a very dangerous game during times of austerity. Leonardo was willing to make demands that would make him unpopular with the board, Allegri prefers to play the silent game. I can't say I prefer either one, because Allegri needs the courage to demand control over our squad, whilst there was little Leonardo could do without an actual job.

If Max is left with the skeleton squad we currently have, I expect him to create the reserves we need to back up the players who do deserve to be in our starting eleven and compliment them. Financial considerations may be out of his hand, however he needs to respond by trusting our youth system, it's the only way we're going anywhere because we can't buy our way out of trouble. He's a good coach to see us through a stage when we need to be defensively strong in the league to maintain our positions in the Champions League spots, however he needs to start trusting in your youth whilst he does this or we're going nowhere fast and then he is a problem.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Eivindo Tue Aug 21, 2012 4:00 pm

This might be Allegris last season, as CL qualification is no certainty, and Berlusconi must blame someone.
Eivindo
Eivindo
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by nichabr Tue Aug 21, 2012 4:07 pm

Allegri has done great for us i don't know what you guys are getting on him about...Its not like he can help it if the club need to keep their books straight by selling players all of that are obstacles a milan coach has to face nowadays and we have to accept it.
nichabr
nichabr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by red&blacklegion Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:36 pm

I dont think he is the strong figure that Milan needs ,especially now.You need a Milan legend like Maldini to be both a father figure and a coach.
red&blacklegion
red&blacklegion
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by BiasedMilanFan3 Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:53 pm

I'm not expecting major results from Allegri this season with a squad like this.
BiasedMilanFan3
BiasedMilanFan3
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by DiRocco Wed Aug 22, 2012 12:43 am

Eivindo wrote:This might be Allegris last season, as CL qualification is no certainty, and Berlusconi must blame someone.

Not even trying to be negative but I'd say it's a distant dream if this is the squad they enter serie a with. With teams like Napoli, Juve, Roma, Inter, even Fiorentina all looking better on paper and the pitch so far. Not to mention Udinese and possibly a dark horse in Genoa...Very early to make judgements but If you guys crack the top 5 this year it would be an achievement.

I think Allegri will be sacked no matter what this year. Hopefully for the good of Italy you guys prove my whole blurb as a terrible call by me, but I really doubt it.
DiRocco
DiRocco
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Rossoneri Ninja Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:11 am

I share Red & Blacks opinion that Allegri is not a strong enough figure with the club management. The fans needs reassurance and after this transfer season few will ever trust B&G, it concerns me greatly that Allegri is not letting his voice be heard, according to him the squad no longer has any leaders ( apart for Ambrosini).

Our three most creative players Seedorf, Zlatan and Cassano have left yet we are hell bent on playing the same formation we used for the past two seasons.
Rossoneri Ninja
Rossoneri Ninja
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down