First Team

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Zeman's tactics at Roma - Page 2 Empty Re: Zeman's tactics at Roma

Post by Patrick Bateman Mon Aug 20, 2012 12:20 pm

dronte wrote:
urbaNRoots wrote:Well Roma will be entertaining to watch again, Zeman :bow:
Well, the same was said when Luis Enrique came in charge.. We will see

Zeman is completely different to Enrique.His football is much more direct.

Zeman Quote about Enrique

b]He focuses on ball possession,” reflected Zeman last October when asked to compare his 4-3-3 with that of the Spaniard, who he didn’t always speak fondly of. “I do not, as I have no patience – it’s a question of character, but I want to always get to the goal.”[/b]

Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Eivindo Mon Aug 20, 2012 1:37 pm

Zeman, what a character. Gonna try and get all Roma games this season as well, dont think they can disappoint like last year.
Eivindo
Eivindo
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Mon Aug 20, 2012 1:54 pm

Roma :bow:
Zeman :bow:
The real total football :bow:
F*ck you Pep :bow:
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Mon Aug 20, 2012 1:55 pm

Most usually when Goal legacy goes one way, reality goes another.

So using this incredible law of nature, I'm predicting Zeman and Roma to flop hard.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Mon Aug 20, 2012 2:14 pm

free_cat wrote:Most usually when Goal legacy goes one way, reality goes another.

So using this incredible law of nature, I'm predicting Zeman and Roma to flop hard.

There is wisdom in these words Laughing

However lets be honest, the bar REALLY isn't that high in Serie A...As long as Roma puts 11 players on the field in most of its games they should finish top 6 at worst
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Mon Aug 20, 2012 7:21 pm

Zeman's tactics at Roma - Page 2 39a51

:bow: :bow: :bow:
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Fri Aug 24, 2012 1:50 pm

If anyone wants to know exactly what Zdenek Zeman is all about, James Horncastle has the nail right on the head with this epic piece of writing -

http://jameshorncastle.com/page/2/

Big thanks to RG for this find.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Patrick Bateman Sun Sep 02, 2012 10:02 pm

Even Inter fans love Zeman.

A banner on the Curva Nord displayed by Inter fans tonight said

"Honour to Zeman,icon of clean football

:bow:

Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by elm_baraja_shaman Sun Sep 02, 2012 10:14 pm

Patrick Bateman wrote:Even Inter fans love Zeman.

A banner on the Curva Nord displayed by Inter fans tonight said

"Honour to Zeman,icon of clean football

:bow:

basically cos Zeman hates Juve so its naturally expected...
elm_baraja_shaman
elm_baraja_shaman
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by ErPupone Thu Sep 06, 2012 1:46 am

Patrick Bateman wrote:

Good piece here by the Mirror on the legend smoking

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/spotlight-on-serie-a-beautiful-loser-1303145

ErPupone
ErPupone
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:00 am

Swanhends wrote:
free_cat wrote:Most usually when Goal legacy goes one way, reality goes another.

However lets be honest, the bar REALLY isn't that high in Serie A...As long as Roma puts 11 players on the field in most of its games they should finish top 6 at worst

So, Roma is currently 8th and since Milan seem to be doing better and better, it doesn't seem they have much chance of getting anywhere over 7th place....

Is my law of nature validated again? Very Happy Or we should wait till the end of the season? Very Happy
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:33 pm

They're just 3 points off 5th place, definitely not out of contention. Roma have depth issues that are quite important this season.

In any case no one expected Zeman to be successful, they expected him to entertain like crazy, and he has.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Die Borussen Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:39 pm

ive said it too, they werent gonna finish top 5 like that, now that they bought torosidis they might stand a chance in finishing even top 3 :coffee:

Die Borussen
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Eivindo Mon Jan 28, 2013 4:14 pm

its not in romas nature to win, they provide entertainment, like arsenal..

predict something might happen after roma gets a new stadium in the future
Eivindo
Eivindo
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Mon Jan 28, 2013 4:22 pm

Eivindo wrote:its not in romas nature to win, they provide entertainment, like arsenal..
predict something might happen after roma gets a new stadium in the future

Spoiler:
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Lupi Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:05 am

:bow: Zeman football is the best football you can find now , the rest is either parking the bus , or pass the ball to 5 player and get it back ,record the event and watch in 5000000000000000000 times . After the brazilian style of football declined and dribling turn into running left and right with change in pace
Lupi
Lupi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by marottalad Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:32 am

i was in awe of how roma played vs bologna pin point passes, fast movement, 1-2's, midfielders linking up with forwards. if roma had a defence and some better defenders they can be serie a champs in 2013/2014 season. but knowing how roma operate they will continue to use burdisco, they won't bring anyone in and zeman will be sacked before then :coffee:
marottalad
marottalad
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:19 pm

free_cat wrote:
Swanhends wrote:

So, Roma is currently 8th and since Milan seem to be doing better and better, it doesn't seem they have much chance of getting anywhere over 7th place....

Is my law of nature validated again? Very Happy Or we should wait till the end of the season? Very Happy

No way I'm giving up yet Very Happy

they'll finish above Catania and someone else
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by ErPupone Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:20 pm

marottalad wrote:i was in awe of how roma played vs bologna pin point passes, fast movement, 1-2's, midfielders linking up with forwards. if roma had a defence and some better defenders they can be serie a champs in 2013/2014 season. but knowing how roma operate they will continue to use burdisco, they won't bring anyone in and zeman will be sacked before then :coffee:

Zeman used Burdisso because he had to. Marquinhos, our best defender so far this season, was hurt. Seeing how disastrous the Argentine was against Bologna, I would give a chance to Romagnoli if ever something happens to our starting pair of Castan-Marquinhos.
ErPupone
ErPupone
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:40 pm

The Beautiful Losers.

Best way to describe Roma. If Eurypides could write plays about football, Roma would be his favorite subject as we're such a romantic/ tragic side.

What see with Zeman is what you get with Zeman. I'm just along for the ride and I'm quite enjoying it.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by marottalad Thu Jan 31, 2013 3:10 am

ErPupone wrote:
marottalad wrote:i was in awe of how roma played vs bologna pin point passes, fast movement, 1-2's, midfielders linking up with forwards. if roma had a defence and some better defenders they can be serie a champs in 2013/2014 season. but knowing how roma operate they will continue to use burdisco, they won't bring anyone in and zeman will be sacked before then :coffee:

Zeman used Burdisso because he had to. Marquinhos, our best defender so far this season, was hurt. Seeing how disastrous the Argentine was against Bologna, I would give a chance to Romagnoli if ever something happens to our starting pair of Castan-Marquinhos.

castan-marquinhos is ok but not good enough to win serie a with. I think you need atleast 1 more quality centre back a signing maybe like a solid centre back that's out of favour at a big club e.g the albiols of this world or another good defender a 10-15 million dollar centre back signing.
marottalad
marottalad
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by ErPupone Thu Jan 31, 2013 4:31 am

marottalad wrote:
ErPupone wrote:

castan-marquinhos is ok but not good enough to win serie a with. I think you need atleast 1 more quality centre back a signing maybe like a solid centre back that's out of favour at a big club e.g the albiols of this world or another good defender a 10-15 million dollar centre back signing.

Well I don't think our goal now is to win Serie A. A Castan-Marquinhos partnership is definitely good enough to reach our objectives (goodness knows what those are now). Though I do agree that some depth wouldn't hurt.

I see our fullback positions as more of a problem. Piris has improved greatly from the disaster he was at the beginning of the season, but still is rather shaky defensively and can't possibly keep up playing as much as he has done recently. Balzaretti is not at all living up to the hype that surrounded him when we got him (I'm not particularly surprised by this since he can't pick a cross if his life counted on it). And Dodo' has shown to be the left back version of Pato: talented, but injury prone as f***. Now we got Torosidis, hopefully he gives us a hand for the rest of the season, but I'm not getting my hopes too high up.
ErPupone
ErPupone
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by marottalad Thu Jan 31, 2013 5:05 am

ErPupone wrote:
marottalad wrote:
ErPupone wrote:

Well I don't think our goal now is to win Serie A. A Castan-Marquinhos partnership is definitely good enough to reach our objectives (goodness knows what those are now). Though I do agree that some depth wouldn't hurt.

I see our fullback positions as more of a problem. Piris has improved greatly from the disaster he was at the beginning of the season, but still is rather shaky defensively and can't possibly keep up playing as much as he has done recently. Balzaretti is not at all living up to the hype that surrounded him when we got him (I'm not particularly surprised by this since he can't pick a cross if his life counted on it). And Dodo' has shown to be the left back version of Pato: talented, but injury prone as f***. Now we got Torosidis, hopefully he gives us a hand for the rest of the season, but I'm not getting my hopes too high up.

what is it with serie a teams and not being able to buy quality wing backs? lol :facepalm: from what ive seen torosidis is a good player, but if for some reason torosidis flops and piris doesn't improve you guys maybe should try for pisczek though he will be very hard to buy. as for left back balzaretti will do for now, dodo seems more of a left winger he has talent but his positioning is a mess. what about angelo ogbona for roma? he can play left back and centre back the only thing is he would cost around 15 million pisczek would cost alot as well and i don't think he would leave dortmund for roma.
marottalad
marottalad
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by ErPupone Thu Jan 31, 2013 4:36 pm

Pisczek was a rumor but from a long while back, I don't see him joining us.

Ogbonna is the acquisition I wanted for our back line. The main problem is Torino's asking price, we're not going to fork over 15 million for him.

For the moment, we're ok in terms of quantity: Dodo, Balzaretti, Piris, Torosidis, Taddei and, as a last resort, Marquinho and Florenzi both capable of playing LB. Then we have a couple of guys in the primavera capable of making the jump soon. With Balzaretti's injury, Torosidis is going to push for a spot on either flank, hopefully forcing good performances out of Piris and Dodo. Time will tell what those last two will turn into.
ErPupone
ErPupone
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next