Manchester United 2012/2013 Premier League Season (+ CC & FA Cup)

+24
Busby Babe
Zizi_Red
Ganso
nh01
leao
DuringTheWar
Nishankly
B-Mac
Madvillain
RealGunner
Vyey
jibers
Firenze
archwooohh
II Capitano
StrikingMidfield
Art Morte
_LMG_10_
vizkosity
SchinnerC
Dutti
Zero
Vlad the Impaler
RED
28 posters

Page 12 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12

Go down

Manchester United 2012/2013 Premier League Season (+ CC & FA Cup) - Page 12 Empty Re: Manchester United 2012/2013 Premier League Season (+ CC & FA Cup)

Post by B-Mac Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:16 pm

wtf is SAF doing, rooney off for giggs when jones has been a useless twat out there all game....im raging....this is ridiculous

B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Manchester United 2012/2013 Premier League Season (+ CC & FA Cup) - Page 12 Empty Re: Manchester United 2012/2013 Premier League Season (+ CC & FA Cup)

Post by RED Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:10 am

We did well to get a draw against these game raisers. I really hate West Ham. Long ball merchants....it looks as though the ghost of Stoke has posessed this team.

Andy Carroll. How he managed not to get a red yesterday?? Unbelievable. And to make matters worse, he received the MOTM too. lol. That bull charge on DDG should have gone down as assault. Useless no talent thug.

I agree about Phil Jones. He was largely annonymous on the night and kept getting into positions he had no right to be in. Right wing, left wing, second striker. Dude was all over the place. lol. He hasn't really got the tactical nous to be a midfielder. RB and CB is his speciality.

The goals we conceded: 1st one was sloppy and was largely Rafael's fault. He drifted too centrally forcing Rio to cover for him, in which he got skinned easily by Jarvis and when the ball was crossed in, rafa was basically in no man's land by our goal line. Just sloppy. Nothing we could do about the 2nd, it was a great strike that DDG had no chance in saving due to so many bodies in front of him blocking his view.

The goals we scored: kagawa was heavy influencial in both. He had a decent game. Loved the dummy he did for his assist to Valencia for the first goal and he was unlucky not to score the 2nd. Valencia scored which is a damn miracle judging by his performances this season. RVP bagged his 2nd in consecutive games. Even though it was offside...who cares. Love the fact it robbed WH off a win.

team performance: Meh. Only came alive when we needed to- when we were a goal down, or looking for the winner. Wish we didn't let our foot off the gas once we draw level. It's been said many times, I'm not gonna waste typing space on it. WH are nothing special. Even on their best day and us in 2nd gear, we can still beat them. It is what it is though.

Flop of the match: Rooney. Went through the motions for the umpteenth time this season. Just looks as though the hunger has been sucked out of him. Needs to snap out of it! Apart from a shot which was cleared off the line and a delightful chipped cross to RVP (which he(RVP) should have gone for goal), he didn't anything else of any note. Poor from a player of his calibre. Rightfully subbed off for Giggs.

Top of the match: David De Gea- Having a great season. Has already silenced his critics after his MOTM display v RM. One thing he has greatly improved on lately is his aerial ability and his strength. He dealt with the challenge of playing against the two most anti football, hoofball thugs in the league back to back, and passed the test impeccably. Refused to be bullied by Carroll and the rest of the WH players. Stood his ground. Well done DDG.

In conclusion: we're nearly there. 6 points to accumulate regardless what City does. Hopefully Spurs beat City on Sunday so we can be crowned Champs if we beat Villa on Monday.

RVP walking past his former colleagues while they applaud him and the rest of the team in a gaurd of honour...at the Emirates! How great would that be? eco smile

RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by AlinJ92 Fri Apr 19, 2013 11:46 am

I completely agree with the point that DDG is improving. I am not proud to say that, within his first 6 months at the club I was one of his detractors, but fortunately he has made me eat each and every bad word that I have said about him ever since then. I have never questioned his shot stopping, it is second to none, problably the best in the world in that matter (and no, I am not exaggerating one bit) and I am relieved to see him improve on his biggest two weaknesses (flaws that were so big, that they severely compromosed his overall ability) and each passing day, I am more and more convinced that we have a future world beater in him.
Phil Jones.... now this is a complex issue. Experimenting with him after we have secured the title would make a lot more sense than doing it throughout the title fight. One thing is clear about him: he has absolutely, absolutely, absolutely no business in midfield. Defensively, he needs to improve a lot in his positioning (dude's all over the place, another point that I am agreeing on with RED). So...central or right defender. Well, SAF should concentrate into getting a RB out of him (my personal opinion) and here's why:
* he has decent pace
* he doesn't really have the proper height or the aerial skills fit for a premier league CB (although in Spain this argument is not as relevant, you can't defend against Stoke, WHU or other long-ball playing team with a player who is 13-18cm shorter than Crouch or Carroll or whomever else
* he has over the time provided decent support for the attack and build-up, although a bit of tactical discipline is a MUST
Kagawa is pure class. Rooney is playing second fiddle and not in a natural position. It is arguable that when the team was centered around Ronaldo, Rooney was still young and had a certain hunger to establish himself. ATM, he is one of the best paid players in the world and he is older and has lost that certain hunger, that motivation. He has proven along the time to be a determined guy and he will snap out of it, I'm certain. Carrick is seeing his best days in a red shirt for quite a long time by now, Ferdinand has had a rare off day against WHU, but he is showing his age. Evans has developed (rather incredibly) into a reliable player, but he is still not in my eyes a valuable replacement for a future CB partnership (I see him as more of an O'Shea/Brown backup/replacement guys), Smalling should be given more chances. Welbeck under no circumstances should start instead of Hernandez (one of the best Inzaghi/Solskjaer goal poachers in a LONG time, although his passing and overall technique are a bit of a let-down) and, IMO, should spend another season on loan at a Premiership club (whoever survives from Wigan, Aston Villa, Reading, a WBA or even a higher Everton or Swansea).
I like Rafael very much. He has evolved enourmosly over the course of the current season has been delivering some great performances, however, a bad habit of his still lingers in his play, having moments throughout matches when he runs around the pitch like an erratic weasel.
The wingers sucked this season. Young has been always inconsistent and, IMO not United material, Valencia has become so predictable he could be characterised as a bit of an one-trick pony (he really needs to wake up), dwelling on the ball a lot and trying to knock the ball past the opponent for dribbling, a shadow of his former self (the best winger in the EPL) and Nani, with all his mistakes and the uncertainties regarding his future, has shown glimpses of his obvious but incredibly elusive quality and really needs to play more, regardless of what will happen to him this summer. Yes, the team needs to be revitalized with a couple of key signings, any two will suffice from: Gotze, Hummels, C. Ronaldo, J. Rodriguez, Alaba, Santon or any DM/DLP such as L./S. Bender, Strootman, Gundogan, although on a personal level Gotze or Ronaldo stand a head above the others I have mentioned. What do you think?
AlinJ92
AlinJ92
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Fri Apr 19, 2013 3:23 pm

Great posts guys Proud

Don't have much to add bar saying that I hope PSG buy Rooney and we get Gunndogan and another CM. We need to improve tactically to be honest. The coaching at United is pretty awful with respects to positioning.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by AlinJ92 Fri Apr 19, 2013 5:04 pm

I like the fact that we agreed on the positioning issue. Although, there is a point that I forgot to include and that is the one of removing deadwood from the club. Scholes is retiring so this is a decent wage is off the books, Young should be sold, Anderson as well (I think we have waited enough for him to evolve into the player that was promised to us). Nani is uncertain, Valencia should be told to buck up or f$%k off, Welbeck should be sent on loan in the EPL, Cleverley should be given more chances, Smalling as well, Fabio kept, Buttner sold or loaned, a left winger signed (Gotze springs to mind, he can play all AM positions), a defensive midfielder and a left back, in case of Fabio backfiring. Kagawa should be played consistently as an AMC and Rooney kept as a striker. However, Rooney, Ronaldo and RVP sounds absolutely terrifying.
AlinJ92
AlinJ92
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Sat Apr 20, 2013 6:12 pm

If we can get a 1) box to box midfielder, good technically, can defend and also score goals and help take the burden off Carrick in the centre- basically a hybrid of Carrick + a goal threat.

2) Another winger, evn with the addition of Zaha to our squad, we need another. Our wingers have been really bad this season.
-Young can never influence a game, can never beat his man, can't seem to cross beyond the first man and doesn't provide enough goals for us. He is a hard worker of some sort who provides protection to our full backs. that's not enough and he is nothing but a squad player at best.
-Valencia. Has been consistently sh*t this season. Responsible for breaking most of our attacks, has somehow lost the ability to control the ball, cross, and his most effective artillery, pacing past opposition players has been annonymous this season. He doesn't offer us nothing atm, which is in stark contrast to last season. He was our POTS. wow!
-Nani. Talented, and on his day is far better than Valencia and Young. Seems to be SAF's whipping boy and is slightly being shunted at OT. maybe it's due to him not getting the contract he feels he deserves. The last 2 matches he featured in, he was bad. looks like he is most likely gonna be sold.

We really need to address this issue as our whole game is based around wing play. Too much for my liking tbh. we've had to over compensate with the brilliance of RVP and set pieces. we've actually scored 14 from corners this season.... Shocked Nearly more than double to what we scored from them last season.

I'd like to see Kagawa play more centrally as he is the creative spark we miss at times. doesn't help when he is forced out on the left. I'd like to see Rooney benched and be made to work for his place and have Kagawa play the remainder of the season behind RVP.

We get the necessary requirements to our squad and next season could be special.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Sat Apr 20, 2013 6:16 pm

Sign Bale and a CM (Moutinho? Hernanes?):

Carrick CM
Nani Kagawa Bale
van Persie

Oh god!
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Sat Apr 20, 2013 6:36 pm

That does look good. Bale is a great player and the reason he flourishing this season is because he is the main man at Spurs and has somewhat of a free role. He won't be afforded that luxury at Utd.

But he would be an amazing signing. He would cost in the region of 40+ mill. I doubt Utd would blow that kinda budget on just one player. maybe Nani + 13 mill?
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:32 am

RED wrote:If we can get a 1) box to box midfielder, good technically, can defend and also score goals and help take the burden off Carrick in the centre- basically a hybrid of Carrick + a goal threat.

2) Another winger, evn with the addition of Zaha to our squad, we need another. Our wingers have been really bad this season.
-Young can never influence a game, can never beat his man, can't seem to cross beyond the first man and doesn't provide enough goals for us. He is a hard worker of some sort who provides protection to our full backs. that's not enough and he is nothing but a squad player at best.
-Valencia. Has been consistently sh*t this season. Responsible for breaking most of our attacks, has somehow lost the ability to control the ball, cross, and his most effective artillery, pacing past opposition players has been annonymous this season. He doesn't offer us nothing atm, which is in stark contrast to last season. He was our POTS. wow!
-Nani. Talented, and on his day is far better than Valencia and Young. Seems to be SAF's whipping boy and is slightly being shunted at OT. maybe it's due to him not getting the contract he feels he deserves. The last 2 matches he featured in, he was bad. looks like he is most likely gonna be sold.

We really need to address this issue as our whole game is based around wing play. Too much for my liking tbh. we've had to over compensate with the brilliance of RVP and set pieces. we've actually scored 14 from corners this season.... Shocked Nearly more than double to what we scored from them last season.

I'd like to see Kagawa play more centrally as he is the creative spark we miss at times. doesn't help when he is forced out on the left. I'd like to see Rooney benched and be made to work for his place and have Kagawa play the remainder of the season behind RVP.

We get the necessary requirements to our squad and next season could be special.

Agree with this entirely. Would really like to see Kagawa behind the striker too. And it looks like it might happen...
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/manchester-united/10006649/Wayne-Rooney-faces-fight-for-his-place-as-Shinji-Kagawa-leaves-him-in-the-shade-at-Manchester-United.html
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Sun Apr 21, 2013 7:14 pm

thought this was hilarious from rio

What is Welbz doing at Anfield? haha
Manchester United 2012/2013 Premier League Season (+ CC & FA Cup) - Page 12 532060_506170456097541_1578404305_n
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Sun Apr 21, 2013 7:58 pm

rofl rofl rofl
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Sun Apr 21, 2013 8:35 pm

lol. that is eerily creepy too
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by AlinJ92 Mon Apr 22, 2013 4:04 pm

Tonight, my good men, we celebrate! Very Happy
AlinJ92
AlinJ92
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Mon Apr 22, 2013 8:40 pm

:bow: GOAT team :bow:
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Sat Apr 27, 2013 2:45 am

So with the league done and dusted, do we experiment with fringe players, new formations and what not?

Ars-Utd on Sunday. To be quite frank, it feels pretty awesome to watch this game with my feet up and not worry about a loss. Enjoy the game.

I know there is an incentive to break the points record, but I doubt the players and manager give too much of a fck about it tbh. SAF is maybe using that reason as a tool to appease fellow clubs competing for places with our remaining opponents.

Ofcourse it would be fantastic to see the team achieve the record.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Mon Apr 29, 2013 10:00 am

Despite having nothing to play for, I thought United were the better team than Arsenal and would have won comfortably had it been the title at stake. We had more chances and were the better team from the 25th minute onwards.

Their goal came from an offside, which I'm not gonna complain about since we benefited from those in our last 2 games. Fair play to Arsenal, they started off with some serious intensity, closing us down, winning every 50/50 challenge, pressing us. There was no way they could keep that up, and that's exactly what happened. They got tired and we were able to regain control of the game.

Sagna was in a giving mood, messed up a back pass and then gifted us a pen with that rash challenge on RVP. RVP haunts his old team again. Phil Jones was yet again all over the place. Has SAF suddenly lost interest in Cleverley? Does he not realize we actually have 2 actual MF available, rather than playing a CB at MF? Cmon saf. I wonder what goes through the mind of Cleverley watching a CB play in his position while he's sitting on the bench.

Valencia was yet again infuriating. Gets himself into good positions, but his crossing is just awful. Nani had a good game, could've had an assist with that delightful cross to RVP which szcesny saved from point blank range.

Rooney had a so so game again. Drifted in and out of the game, some wayward passes. Our defence dealt easily with everything Arsenal threw at us. Arsenal are one of the easiest teams to defend against. Real talk.

Respect to Arsenal for their Guard of Honour to Utd too.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Mon Apr 29, 2013 4:45 pm

We were superior in every aspect. We should have buried them by 3 goals. RVP and Rooney point blank headers. Jones should have done better. Arsenal did not create a single chance. I'm dissapointed to be honest as I feel they are quite an average team. Valencia needs to go. Horrible player.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Dutti Fri May 03, 2013 2:59 am

Nani and Young need to go too but not all three of them in the same transfer window. We need to get better side-MFs and let them settle in first before allowing those three to go.
Dutti
Dutti
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Sun May 05, 2013 6:40 pm

What a load of sh*t that was. Good thing the team has won the title already.

I knew we were going to lose as soon as I saw that line-up.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad the Impaler Mon May 06, 2013 10:35 am

If the title would have had to be decided yesterday against Chelsea, I am pretty sure we would have won the game.

Chelsea barely won yesterday with a deflected shot in the final minutes of the game and we were using an experimental first XI. They also missed Hazard, but it is not even comparable because United started with 5 reserve players.

We also must consider the fact that our players were very relaxed and seemed to be playing without any motivation. No fight for self-pride yesterday.

This match remembered me of that game in the Capital One Cup at Stamford Bridge when we used about 9 reserves (a few debutants - in the defensive line we had 3 players under 20) and they used most of their best players including (Mata, Oscar, Hazard, Ramires, Luiz, Ivanovic etc.) and they still struggled to win.
Vlad the Impaler
Vlad the Impaler
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Mon May 06, 2013 9:16 pm

Yep. Motivation played a big part.

I still hate seeing Utd lose to Chelsea. Those fukkers seem to have our number for some reason. That's the 3rd time they've beaten us, and the only game we won, we were very fortunate to do so.

Bleh..
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Sat Jun 29, 2013 4:55 pm

Proud
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Wed Jul 03, 2013 10:27 pm

We need a ball winner so badly. Michael Bradley would be excellent ffs. Why o why is Thiago a proirity? Get a grip Moyes ffs.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Fri Jul 05, 2013 7:40 pm

jibers wrote:We need a ball winner so badly. Michael Bradley would be excellent ffs. Why o why is Thiago a proirity? Get a grip Moyes ffs.
Please stop :facepalm: 
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Sun Jul 07, 2013 6:28 am

danyjr wrote:
jibers wrote:We need a ball winner so badly. Michael Bradley would be excellent ffs. Why o why is Thiago a proirity? Get a grip Moyes ffs.
Please stop :facepalm: 

Pls go
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Mon Jul 22, 2013 7:02 pm

Manchester United 2012/2013 Premier League Season (+ CC & FA Cup) - Page 12 BPy8VG5CAAEgzy4

Proud those points from losing positions

4 penalties all year, refs help us every game apparently tho Proud
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12