MindGames7
McLewis
Onyx
54 posters

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Ronaldo vs Messi - Page 5 Empty Re: Ronaldo vs Messi

Post by The Sanchez Sat Aug 25, 2012 6:16 am

izzy wrote:I would just like to know how Ronaldo flopped in his first year in Madrid.
A simple explanation would suffice.

I think I can cut out the we. I didn't see Madrid much in 08 til 11. Others who have claimed this will...

The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Sat Aug 25, 2012 6:19 am

Well the 'others' you are talking to are completly clueless on football. Ronaldo was phenomonal in his first year in Madrid alongside Higuain. He tore the league apart with relative ease and the Ronaldo-Higuain partnership was the best duo in Madrid history in terms of goal-scoring that year.
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Real Kandahar Sat Aug 25, 2012 6:28 am

The Sanchez wrote:
izzy wrote:I would just like to know how Ronaldo flopped in his first year in Madrid.

I think I can cut out the we. I didn't see Madrid much in 08 til 11. Others who have claimed this will...

haha i knew this troll didn't watch madrid football.. 🤦oh god, sanchez even admitted he just started watching real madrid :facepalm: haha i wasted sooooo much time trying to argue rationally and provide all these evidence... :facepalm:

izzy stop wasting your time, trust me, mtfootball and me already had enough of this.

This is clean debate section and trolling or derailing from topic is so ever possible while talking to such posters, so he is on my ignore list now.
Real Kandahar
Real Kandahar
Banned (Temporary)

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by The Sanchez Sat Aug 25, 2012 8:31 am

Real Kandahar wrote:
The Sanchez wrote:

haha i knew this troll didn't watch madrid football.. 🤦oh god, sanchez even admitted he just started watching real madrid :facepalm: haha i wasted sooooo much time trying to argue rationally and provide all these evidence... :facepalm:

izzy stop wasting your time, trust me, mtfootball and me already had enough of this.

This is clean debate section and trolling or derailing from topic is so ever possible while talking to such posters, so he is on my ignore list now.

It seems you can't read. Much Madrid football in that peroid of time... Every second match in Peg's last year season as I was on exams. I can't say anything... Why? Because I haven't watched matches when C.Ronaldo was at CF. I only watched two games in which he played at CF and well he didn't play well. Not enough game time to prove whether he was a flop or not. Don't you say? :facepalm: You don't watch them either.. Some of the posts you make are just horrible... :facepalm: You waste your time trying to provide evidence when there is no evidence... :facepalm:

I thoguht this was about Ronaldo and not Madrid. Be on topic! :coffee:
The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by kiranr Sat Aug 25, 2012 12:02 pm

If you exchanged their places, i think Messi would be a bit better than Ronaldo with Madrid but Ronaldo would be a lot worse than Messi with Barcelona.

This alone makes Messi a more complete player than Ronaldo for me.
kiranr
kiranr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by harhar11 Sat Aug 25, 2012 1:16 pm

kiranr wrote:
If you exchanged their places, i think Messi would be a bit better than Ronaldo with Madrid but Ronaldo would be a lot worse than Messi with Barcelona.

This alone makes Messi a more complete player than Ronaldo for me.

+1

Real Madrid plays in a counter-attack system and Messi can be a one-man show in a counter-attack(remember those runs against atletico de madrid?)while Barca plays a possession based style and Ronaldos passing isnt even close to Messi(for example that awful pass attempt at a throughball for di maria, which was a pretty easy pass to make, just before valdes messed up)

harhar11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Sun Aug 26, 2012 2:10 am

I always have said messi is a better player. Guy is a freak.
But ronaldo sometimes needs more credit then he deserves. At man u he actually was a ball hog, although I still loved the dude regardless. He comes to madrid and jesus christ, he started passing and he managed to change his style of play to favor us. This is what makes iniesta and ronaldo over xavi imo. Iniesta with spain is a completely different player but iniesta with barcelona can play so much differently to compliment messi.
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by gondov Thu Aug 30, 2012 1:56 am

Messi in defeat vs cr7 in defeat really shows how superior Messi is for sure

:bow:

Credit to ronaldo though, he certainly does his best to keep this debate alive Thumbs up
gondov
gondov
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Sanchez Thu Aug 30, 2012 8:43 am

Both players really did play better than from the first leg. For sure!
The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Thu Aug 30, 2012 11:02 pm

Pedro is a great player gondov. But he isn't anywhere near ronaldo, I hope that changed your mind. And yes, he does use his body more then you think, I have seen vs getafe for instance where he literally doesn't budge after being challenged by 2 players (defenders) at the same time.
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Sun Sep 02, 2012 12:07 pm

For me its not about the stats.All I need to determine the better player between the two is to see the way opposition treats them.
Take the last Clasico for instance.Ronaldo was time and time left one on one with a defender,most notably on the goal.He was practically allowed a free shot on goal.Nobody was there to block the shot.Same thing happens in almost every Clasico.We treat him like any other player.
When was the last time Messi was left one on one with a defender,or allowed to go one on one with Casillas.Every single time he gets the ball he is surrounded by a wall of defenders.But he so damn good that he still manages to make a difference.
Ronaldo would be rendered useless with such attention.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by billionmillion Sun Sep 02, 2012 2:27 pm

I think nobody thought Ronaldo would do a poor touch while landing the ball. thats why Adriano slowed down he thought he will not reach it. And Pique ran to wrong side he also though he will not reach to block the shoot. But Ronaldo's poor touch gave them time to reach and block the shoot. They should have continued running toward ronaldo. See how Marcelo and Pepe runs and tackles even if its hopeless. Madrid treat Barca much better
billionmillion
billionmillion
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Sun Sep 02, 2012 8:55 pm

I don't like these what ifs... its just bullshit. What if casillas positioned his wall better? what if we didn't give away a dumb free kick?

I have always said messi is better, but you treat ronaldo like hes a scrub and you could do better then him
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Sun Sep 02, 2012 9:23 pm

Giggity5313 wrote:I don't like these what ifs... its just bullshit. What if casillas positioned his wall better? what if we didn't give away a dumb free kick?

I have always said messi is better, but you treat ronaldo like hes a scrub and you could do better then him
no one claims we *the fans* are better, just that he is number two. do not be silly
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by TrezeGent Mon Sep 03, 2012 4:33 am

Pretty close, but I'd go with Messi.

Ronaldo's a self centered egomaniac. Had enough of him. Mad
TrezeGent
TrezeGent
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:21 pm

Ronaldo performs better at the moment, and was better in 2012. He really deserves balon dor.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:56 pm

Currently better than Messi, how? This season Messi 10+6, Cronaldo 12+0, performance 2012

Ronaldo vs Messi - Page 5 Di-XT1Q

It's not even close contest atm.
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by gondov Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:13 pm

Kizu wrote:Ronaldo performs better at the moment, and was better in 2012. He really deserves balon dor.

You couldnt be more wrong!

Ronaldo has scored 6 goals in a period of 4 days!! Thats more than half his goals this season LOL. He has ZERO assists.

His goals were much more needed vs Valencia, Getafe, Sevilla. If not goals then he should have at least made some assists and earn his team vital points, but no, whenever ronaldo doesnt score, he offers nothing for his team.

Messi however has been struggling by his standards. However when his team needed him the most, he showed up - vs Sevilla, Osasuna, Benfica, Getafe, Spartak!!!

10 goals 6 assists + 8 point lead over Madrid!!
gondov
gondov
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by pewpew Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:01 am

-50% for trolling

Last edited by Jack Daniels on Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:38 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Trolling)

pewpew
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Sun Oct 07, 2012 9:34 pm

Messi was far superior tonight.

He's back.

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by the xcx Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:08 pm

14 goals in 11 match..Bloody hell, we have grown too depandant to CR7. He'll end up with 30+ before new year.

//Ofc he was LM, given the space he had. Was nowhere to be seen in first 30 mins tho.
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:20 am

No one will agree with me. But I thought other then a couple layoffs and the goals, messi wasn't very good just decent.. constantly lost the ball time and time again.

Ronaldo wasn't too bad, he got the 2 goals. His overall play, like messi, was decent. Destroyed montoya, but got the ball stolen by the 2nd man on more then one occasion.

Overall though, its not a game that we can judge completely on, this is one game, and it is the clasico we're talking about. And goals win you games.

Messi is still the better player, but the ballon d'or at this point will go to who has the better stats, so we will see at the end of the season
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Sanchez Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:31 am

Gig, Yes, I have to disagree. Did not think Montoya got his ass kicked. When one-one, thought Montoya got the better of Ronaldo. Only one time I can recall that Ronaldo beat Montoya was that step over but then got shut down by Adriano... Masch kept making tackle after tackle against him. Messi played a great game. Thought his dribbling was very good. Thought he didn't lose the ball as much as he did in the SuperCopas. Some through balls could have been better though it has been a better Messi than what I have seen. Messi's freekicks are now getting better than Ronaldo...
Its going to close though Balon is all about the best player in the season. Messi was clearly superior than Ronaldo as a whole last season and this season, he has the edge though Ronaldo is slowly getting back to goal scoring form.
The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:42 am

I always thought messi had an excellent free kick. His problem was not hitting them hard enough + luck. I remember more then once where montoya was beat, but it wasn't a bad performance by him.

Messi is a monster of a player tbh. Comparing any player to him makes him look terrible (hence people saying before benzema and ozil are better players, or ronaldo is a gomez on the wing)
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:33 am

Messi is better, but not by much. If he is 9.5 Ronaldo is for sure 9.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by jontsu Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:54 am

Ronaldo has surely improved his performances & finishing against Barca.
Despite Iniesta winning Europe best player award, once again we saw the remarkable difference between Messi and Iniesta, Messi steps up in big games when needed.
Iniesta is a great dribbler but i'd like to see him playing more straightforward at times. And for me Ronaldo is the 2nd best player, hes more complete than Iniesta.
jontsu
jontsu
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next