Ronaldo vs Messi

+50
RonaldoGreatestEverRM
El Chelsea Fuerte
Eskimo Splif
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Don Carlo
CrazyBoy
Gil
Alex10
eelir
the xcx
Albiceleste
pewpew
TrezeGent
alexjanosik
kiranr
izzy
Jack Daniels
Kev
DuringTheWar
LeSwagg James
billy_gr
clemmonsjs
Americanista1492@yahoo.co
Ganso
Die Borussen
Kingofeverythingclassy
vivabarca38
Donuts
lszanto
Lord Hades
Ion Creanga
chad4401
jontsu
harhar11
FennecFox7
Lord Awesome
billionmillion
StevieRayVaughan
gondov
Valkyrja
Mamad
The Sanchez
The Franchise
Blue Barrett
jibers
Real Kandahar
Harmonica
MindGames7
McLewis
Onyx
54 posters

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Ronaldo vs Messi - Page 6 Empty Re: Ronaldo vs Messi

Post by jontsu Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:54 am

Ronaldo has surely improved his performances & finishing against Barca.
Despite Iniesta winning Europe best player award, once again we saw the remarkable difference between Messi and Iniesta, Messi steps up in big games when needed.
Iniesta is a great dribbler but i'd like to see him playing more straightforward at times. And for me Ronaldo is the 2nd best player, hes more complete than Iniesta.

jontsu
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Posts : 201
Join date : 2011-06-07

Back to top Go down

Ronaldo vs Messi - Page 6 Empty Re: Ronaldo vs Messi

Post by eelir Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:09 pm

Ronaldo has upped his game, but even in departments he has upped his game, he is stil behind Messi. On the other hand Messi has upped his games in one department where CR7 was better, and IMO he has become better than CR7. FREE KICKS. This last feature makes even the comparison of "who is more complete" obsolete, as CR7 has only headers before Messi, in all the rest Messi beats, or is equal to Ronaldo.
eelir
eelir
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 2180
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 38

Back to top Go down

Ronaldo vs Messi - Page 6 Empty Re: Ronaldo vs Messi

Post by harhar11 Mon Oct 08, 2012 5:53 pm

@jontsu wrote:Ronaldo has surely improved his performances & finishing against Barca.
Despite Iniesta winning Europe best player award, once again we saw the remarkable difference between Messi and Iniesta, Messi steps up in big games when needed.
Iniesta is a great dribbler but i'd like to see him playing more straightforward at times. And for me Ronaldo is the 2nd best player, hes more complete than Iniesta.

I dont think last game was a great match to prove that Ronaldo is a more complete player than Iniesta. I mean, Ronaldo scored 2 goals but only proves that Ronaldo is a better goalscorer than Iniesta(which was an obvious fact by now) but apart from those 2 goals, I thought that Iniesta had a better overall performance..

harhar11
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 3646
Join date : 2011-06-11

Back to top Go down

Ronaldo vs Messi - Page 6 Empty Re: Ronaldo vs Messi

Post by Onyx Mon Oct 08, 2012 6:11 pm

I don't think Iniesta and Ronaldo are comparable.

They both have different roles.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 40097
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Ronaldo vs Messi - Page 6 Empty Re: Ronaldo vs Messi

Post by FennecFox7 Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:00 pm

I think people forget that iniesta was playing left winger. For god sakes, give him a break, he never flops in games where you actually play him in his position.
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 7157
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 25

Back to top Go down

Ronaldo vs Messi - Page 6 Empty Re: Ronaldo vs Messi

Post by Lord Hades Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:24 pm

ronaldo had a better game than iniesta i.e. he was more effective in his role than iniesta was in his
Lord Hades
Lord Hades
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo
Posts : 3870
Join date : 2011-06-07
Age : 27

Back to top Go down

Ronaldo vs Messi - Page 6 Empty Re: Ronaldo vs Messi

Post by The Sanchez Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:07 am

What the hell are we on about. Iniesta was literally MOTM behind Messi. His ball control was simply out of this world. He does n't have pace like Ronaldo though he still managed to get past Alonso, Pepe etc. through sheer skill. Not to mention his passing was spot on and created alot of danger. Ronaldo hardly beat his man (got past Montoya a few times) but pretty much got closed down from Mascherano, Alves (when he was on) and Busi at times. Passing was inaccurate though Im sure it was because all of his crosses went to heads of Barca defenders. You simply can't compare the two players because they play in two completely different positions. Which one was better on the day? Well, its hard to say. Iniesta gets the vote for his passing, linkup play, ball control, dribbling whilst Ronaldo gets it for his goals. Which is more important goals or skill? Ronaldo has the edge though slightly.
The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 3916
Join date : 2011-09-23
Age : 36

Back to top Go down

Ronaldo vs Messi - Page 6 Empty Re: Ronaldo vs Messi

Post by Real Kandahar Tue Oct 09, 2012 6:47 pm

@eelir wrote:Ronaldo has upped his game, but even in departments he has upped his game, he is stil behind Messi. On the other hand Messi has upped his games in one department where CR7 was better, and IMO he has become better than CR7. FREE KICKS. This last feature makes even the comparison of "who is more complete" obsolete, as CR7 has only headers before Messi, in all the rest Messi beats, or is equal to Ronaldo.

i would beg to differ, as Acceleration, top speed, long shots , strong weak foot and technique of hitting the ball , Ronaldo still has advantage Imo
Real Kandahar
Real Kandahar
Banned (Temporary)

Club Supported : Sao Paulo
Posts : 815
Join date : 2012-07-03
Age : 28

Back to top Go down

Ronaldo vs Messi - Page 6 Empty Re: Ronaldo vs Messi

Post by eelir Tue Oct 09, 2012 6:57 pm

@Real Kandahar wrote:
@eelir wrote:Ronaldo has upped his game, but even in departments he has upped his game, he is stil behind Messi. On the other hand Messi has upped his games in one department where CR7 was better, and IMO he has become better than CR7. FREE KICKS. This last feature makes even the comparison of "who is more complete" obsolete, as CR7 has only headers before Messi, in all the rest Messi beats, or is equal to Ronaldo.

i would beg to differ, as Acceleration, top speed, long shots , strong weak foot and technique of hitting the ball , Ronaldo still has advantage Imo

The ones with red i do not agree. Where do you get the technique of hitting the ball, when his rat of hitting the goal is lower then Messis. Yeah he has a strong long range shot, but as for technique???
eelir
eelir
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 2180
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 38

Back to top Go down

Ronaldo vs Messi - Page 6 Empty Re: Ronaldo vs Messi

Post by Alex10 Tue Oct 09, 2012 8:45 pm

Man some of the comparison is silly. Messi will never match Ronaldo in top speed, because it's nature(Ronaldo having the longer limbs etc.) And the weaker foot also. Some players use their weaker foot more and have great accuracy with it because they were born that way(you can't really train yourself to use your weak foot that much), but so what? A player like Messi can do things with his left then most of 2 footed players would dream. This weak foot thing comparison would work if you would compare Ronaldo with say Robben for example, but not with someone of Messi's caliber. And a little off topic. I get annoyed when people compare Maradona with Pele and other players and say:'' Pele was better with his head and weak foot ''. Again so what Diego's technique in his left was better then both of Pele's feet.

Alex10
Prospect
Prospect

Posts : 25
Join date : 2012-10-02

Back to top Go down

Ronaldo vs Messi - Page 6 Empty Re: Ronaldo vs Messi

Post by Donuts Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:01 pm

Messi has one of the highest acceleration in the game, although yes Ronaldo has better top speed.
Messi cannot use his right foot?? His most special goals are usually with his right foot last I checked
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel
Posts : 5710
Join date : 2012-06-27
Age : 28

Back to top Go down

Ronaldo vs Messi - Page 6 Empty Re: Ronaldo vs Messi

Post by The Sanchez Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:58 pm

What the hell I'm I reading... Ronaldo has better technique on the ball as well as acceleration than Messi? Gee, even biased or don't watch the two players...
The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 3916
Join date : 2011-09-23
Age : 36

Back to top Go down

Ronaldo vs Messi - Page 6 Empty Re: Ronaldo vs Messi

Post by Gil Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:46 am

Iniesta had a poor game no idea what you guys were watching.

Busquets and Messi were the only stand-out players for Barca on the night.

Ronaldo is miles better than Iniesta. Not even debatable at this point.
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United
Posts : 9447
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 30

Back to top Go down

Ronaldo vs Messi - Page 6 Empty Re: Ronaldo vs Messi

Post by The Sanchez Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:13 am

@Gil wrote:Iniesta had a poor game no idea what you guys were watching.

Busquets and Messi were the only stand-out players for Barca on the night.

Ronaldo is miles better than Iniesta. Not even debatable at this point.

Turn over possession two times though was Barca 2nd maybe 3rd top player in that game. Blisted through the defense and he doesn't even have pace... His skill and ball control was and is :bow:.
You can't even compare the two players and really we shouldn't as this is a Messi vs Ronaldo thread not Ronaldo vs Iniesta thread.
The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 3916
Join date : 2011-09-23
Age : 36

Back to top Go down

Ronaldo vs Messi - Page 6 Empty Re: Ronaldo vs Messi

Post by FennecFox7 Wed Oct 10, 2012 4:30 am

@Alex10 wrote:Man some of the comparison is silly. Messi will never match Ronaldo in top speed, because it's nature(Ronaldo having the longer limbs etc.) And the weaker foot also. Some players use their weaker foot more and have great accuracy with it because they were born that way(you can't really train yourself to use your weak foot that much), but so what? A player like Messi can do things with his left then most of 2 footed players would dream. This weak foot thing comparison would work if you would compare Ronaldo with say Robben for example, but not with someone of Messi's caliber. And a little off topic. I get annoyed when people compare Maradona with Pele and other players and say:'' Pele was better with his head and weak foot ''. Again so what Diego's technique in his left was better then both of Pele's feet.
BS. Being tall is actually detrimental to your speed. Don't be fooled by usain bolt. They're not very common
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 7157
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 25

Back to top Go down

Ronaldo vs Messi - Page 6 Empty Re: Ronaldo vs Messi

Post by Donuts Wed Oct 17, 2012 6:38 am

International play Messi is dominating Ronaldo, so no longer does the saying apply that Messi apparently needs Xavi/Iniesta or can only do well in Barcelona.
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel
Posts : 5710
Join date : 2012-06-27
Age : 28

Back to top Go down

Ronaldo vs Messi - Page 6 Empty Re: Ronaldo vs Messi

Post by CrazyBoy Wed Oct 17, 2012 8:17 am

I read the forum name "Clean Debate Section" and lol the irony that it contains this debate:D.
Although this debate no matter how hollywoodish kind is good:D

As for the question who is better, Messi quite clearly. He can do many things with such an arrogant ease that it is envious at times. You can see he does great things at regular intervals that we generally say "oh Messi had a great game and his team won, meh that is nothing new".

That said Cristiano is no slouch, a beast of an athlete and a forward to kill for with tremendous physical condition and a good ball skills for a big guy and knows how to make "intelligently run in the spaces" which is enough to get into scoring positions. He is someone who given space will kill you.


That said we are really fortunate to see these two sensational player rival each other for records in a same era.

CrazyBoy
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Marseille
Posts : 150
Join date : 2012-10-17
Age : 43

Back to top Go down

Ronaldo vs Messi - Page 6 Empty Re: Ronaldo vs Messi

Post by Don Carlo Fri Nov 09, 2012 1:42 am

Messi is the better player overall.

Ronaldo is a great player no doubt but Messi is IMO already a top 10 ATG footballer, some people already think he`s the best ever, I think that`s a bit premature myself but no doubt he is the best in the world today, Ronaldo is a solid 2nd though & is a brilliant player himself.
Don Carlo
Don Carlo
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko
Posts : 138
Join date : 2012-09-24

Back to top Go down

Ronaldo vs Messi - Page 6 Empty Re: Ronaldo vs Messi

Post by Blue Barrett Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:10 pm

Does anyone have the stats for the conversion rates of these two last season? Or a website where I can search for it?
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sunderland
Posts : 10347
Join date : 2012-03-03

Back to top Go down

Ronaldo vs Messi - Page 6 Empty Re: Ronaldo vs Messi

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:40 pm

Ronaldo vs Messi - Page 6 BQbghdUCUAAKKR3
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG
Posts : 68822
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 31

Back to top Go down

Ronaldo vs Messi - Page 6 Empty Re: Ronaldo vs Messi

Post by jibers Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:52 pm

I think it is clear that Messi is above everyone in football. No forward comes close to his productivity. Muller, Pele and Puskas are the only forwards that are close.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United
Posts : 10215
Join date : 2011-06-06

Back to top Go down

Ronaldo vs Messi - Page 6 Empty Re: Ronaldo vs Messi

Post by Valkyrja Mon Aug 12, 2013 9:45 pm

It's closer than people think. They offer different things, but they are clearly the best in the world and two of the best players in history.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 11217
Join date : 2011-11-10

Back to top Go down

Ronaldo vs Messi - Page 6 Empty Re: Ronaldo vs Messi

Post by jibers Mon Aug 12, 2013 10:39 pm

@Valkyrja wrote:It's closer than people think. They offer different things, but they are clearly the best in the world and two of the best players in history.
Please stop. Noone mentions Ronaldo against the best, Messi is being called the best of all time. Just no. Ronaldo is not the best in hsitory....
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United
Posts : 10215
Join date : 2011-06-06

Back to top Go down

Ronaldo vs Messi - Page 6 Empty Re: Ronaldo vs Messi

Post by Blue Barrett Tue Aug 13, 2013 12:46 am

Thank you!
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sunderland
Posts : 10347
Join date : 2012-03-03

Back to top Go down

Ronaldo vs Messi - Page 6 Empty Re: Ronaldo vs Messi

Post by Donuts Tue Aug 13, 2013 2:33 am

@Valkyrja wrote:It's closer than people think. They offer different things, but they are clearly the best in the world and two of the best players in history.
lolwut
Isn't even the third best player in the past 15 years.
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel
Posts : 5710
Join date : 2012-06-27
Age : 28

Back to top Go down

Ronaldo vs Messi - Page 6 Empty Re: Ronaldo vs Messi

Post by Eskimo Splif Thu Oct 31, 2013 3:45 pm

I always try to make a case for Ronaldo because I feel sorry for him, in a different era he could have been the best in the world but it's obvious that Messi is much better.
Eskimo Splif
Eskimo Splif
Prospect
Prospect

Posts : 10
Join date : 2013-10-29

Back to top Go down

Ronaldo vs Messi - Page 6 Empty Re: Ronaldo vs Messi

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum