With the latest signing, what are your expectations of Chelsea Next season?

+33
Le Samourai
the xcx
Lex
Gil
vivabarca38
MarkForrest17
Arsenalfaithfull
Cotes
DuringTheWar
iNFINITY9910
donttreadonred
RED
Blue Barrett
Ganso
Great Leader Sprucenuce
matpol
Onyx
Red Alert
Abramovich
Dutti
REWB
Die Borussen
urbaNRoots
che
Emaharg
Firenze
Art Morte
Donuts
The Sanchez
Mr Nick09
S
kiranr
Kick
37 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

With the latest signing, what are your expectations of Chelsea Next season? Empty With the latest signing, what are your expectations of Chelsea Next season?

Post by Kick Wed Jul 25, 2012 11:05 pm

I don't want to hear anything about the amount of money we spent.

I believe we will sign a RB and maybe Moses yet so with that in mind where do you think Chelsea will finish in the EPL? and how many of the other cups do you expect them to win?

Just a reminder, We are in the Comminuity Shield, UFEA supercup, CL, Club world cup, COC cup and FA cup.

I feel we will win, The UFEA supercup, CWC and perhaps the FA cup and EPL.

I would be happy with top three in EPL though.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

With the latest signing, what are your expectations of Chelsea Next season? Empty Re: With the latest signing, what are your expectations of Chelsea Next season?

Post by kiranr Wed Jul 25, 2012 11:09 pm

Win the league atleast.
kiranr
kiranr
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

With the latest signing, what are your expectations of Chelsea Next season? Empty Re: With the latest signing, what are your expectations of Chelsea Next season?

Post by Kick Wed Jul 25, 2012 11:11 pm

On paper we should.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by S Wed Jul 25, 2012 11:20 pm

2nd-3rd spot in the league..

CWC,FA Cup,CL quarters atleast.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Wed Jul 25, 2012 11:22 pm

CWC quarters?
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by S Wed Jul 25, 2012 11:23 pm

Win the CWC and at the very least reach the CL quarters.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed Jul 25, 2012 11:23 pm

No you shouldnt, not even on paper, because you havent established superstars, and world class players that are proven winners.

Your most important signing is Hazard, but in his first season, no one is expecting him to carry Chelsea through the EPL, a league he is not yet familiar with, a new level of intensity, scrutiny and pressure.

You have signed many talented young players, so gelling would be the first concern. I think Losing Drogba will have an effect sooner or later, and Torres is still a massive unknown in the league.

It's not wise to project team potential as its actual level, doesnt work like that. When you build a brand new squad, logic is that you struggle. Teams like City are still favrites way ahead of you, and still looking better on Paper.

I expect top 4 naturally, i dont think you will fight for the title on the long run, Utd and City will, once again.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by kiranr Wed Jul 25, 2012 11:31 pm

They still have a strong defensive unit. They have replaced a few players in the attack but players like Ramirez, Lampard etc are still playing. The only question mark is the form of Torres.

If the new signings play well, they can easily be title contenders near the end of the season.
kiranr
kiranr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by S Wed Jul 25, 2012 11:36 pm

They are not better than City ,at this point i would call United as more of a 'title contender' than Chelsea.

Plus De Matteo will be under pressure to deliver now as opposed to last year where none really expected much of him.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Wed Jul 25, 2012 11:46 pm

As long as RDM doesn't stuff up the tactics he will do fine as every player is playing for him just like they were in the cups last season so I believe we will finish higher than Spurs, Newcastle, Liverpool and Arsenal. If Torres hits form and So does Hazard we could well Challenge the two manchester teams.

Also I don't think RDM is under any more pressure than before, he had all of the pressure in CL as that was our only way to get CL. Had he failed in that he would not have got the job.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by S Wed Jul 25, 2012 11:55 pm

Kick wrote:Also I don't think RDM is under any more pressure than before, he had all of the pressure in CL as that was our only way to get CL. Had he failed in that he would not have got the job.

How so ?Chelsea appointed him as a caretaker manager keeping in mind that he isnt exactly there for the long term,until that CL victory changed the board's mind.

He definitely is going to be under immense pressure this season.Plus the scenarios are different,he has now got one full season to work with as opposed to last season where he took over the reigns when Chelsea were in disarray..We'll see how he does this season.

Tipping United or City to win the title is a much safer bet than Chelsea imo.

Last edited by Surag on Thu Jul 26, 2012 12:01 am; edited 1 time in total
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by kiranr Wed Jul 25, 2012 11:59 pm

The Manchester teams are not really all that. Just because they were the contenders last year, does not mean they are good enough to win this year too. Both teams have their own issues which they have not really fixed yet.

Both Chelsea and Arsenal (provided they bring in couple more players being discussed) have the ability to topple the Manchester teams. It just depends on how well they execute.
kiranr
kiranr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Thu Jul 26, 2012 12:01 am

He was appointed with the pressure of turning the season around. In two months with a poor squad that is really tough. He was under huge pressure because failing to quailfy for CL is not acceptable for Roman. He was named Interim not caretaker, different things. Caretaker means someone who is there untill they find a replacement, Interim is someone who is given the chance to prove himself and if he succeeds he gets a full time job which is what RDM did.

Pressure is no different than last season.

Both the Manchesters are ahead of us for sure.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by S Thu Jul 26, 2012 12:10 am

Kick wrote:He was appointed with the pressure of turning the season around.

LOL please..He wasnt the board's first choice for the Chelsea hotseat either ways until that CL victory made them consider him for a permanent role..Expectations from the board were minimal but this season along with the heavy investment they made,he is going to under far more pressure to deliver plus its his first full season in charge..I am not saying Chelsea cant be title contenders ,they can but i would rather favor United or City at this point who have shown that they have enough consistency and depth to challenge for the title..Lets not forget you finished 6th last year and this is not Serie A where the competition is quite scarce for you to pull a 'Juventus'.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by S Thu Jul 26, 2012 12:16 am

kiranr wrote:The Manchester teams are not really all that. Just because they were the contenders last year, does not mean they are good enough to win this year too. Both teams have their own issues which they have not really fixed yet.

LOL what does that even mean ?United have been regular title contenders pretty much every year.And United despite not fixing their main issue are still a very strong side so yeah logically speaking United are still a safer bet over Chelsea to win the league.

And City won the league last year,you would have to assume they would be favorites for this year as well.They still have the strongest squad in the league.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Thu Jul 26, 2012 12:17 am

If he wasn't appointed to turn the season around we would have kept AVB because AVB was the long term solution. :facepalm:

The pressure was high from the start. He was given the job when he won the CL because he obviously told the Board he was going to win that. The reason it took so long to appoint him was because he was on holiday, not because we wanted someone else.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 26, 2012 12:20 am

i am very impressed with chelsea signings. they are signing exactly the type of players they needed in this team. they needed quality and creativity in the team, because so far i always felt chelsea were a more physical side than technical.

so they have brought players with wealth of talent and technique and this will really help in CL and EPL....

we dont need to tell how good eden hazard will be at the wings, marko marin would be interesting to watch and mata would a great help either playing in the wings or behind torres. the most i was concerned for chelsea was in the middle, and now they have brought oscar someone who is a provider, so this should help torres hugely to score goals. if he doesnt score now its torres problem.

i expect them to challenge for EPL title alongside City and United, i have to say all of them quality was are very close to each other. its all now the matter of mental aspects and how coaches manages them and bring the best out of them.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Thu Jul 26, 2012 12:24 am

JespSwe wrote:i am very impressed with chelsea signings. they are signing exactly the players they needed. they needed quality and creativity in the team, because so far i always felt chelsea were a more physical side than technical.

so they have brought players with wealth of talent and technique and this will really help in CL and EPL....

i expect them to challenge for EPL title alongside City and United, i have to say all of them quality was are very close to each other. its all now the matter of mental aspects and how coaches manages them and bring the best out of them.

Our team will only get stronger and stronger. In a few years when Hazard, Oscar, Marin, KDB and Lukaku have EPL experience we will be very hard to beat.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by kiranr Thu Jul 26, 2012 12:27 am

Surag wrote:
kiranr wrote:The Manchester teams are not really all that. Just because they were the contenders last year, does not mean they are good enough to win this year too. Both teams have their own issues which they have not really fixed yet.

LOL what does that even mean ?United have been regular title contenders pretty much every year.And United despite not fixing their main issue are still a very strong side so yeah logically speaking United are still a safer bet over Chelsea to win the league.

And City won the league last year,you would have to assume they would be favorites for this year as well.They still have the strongest squad in the league.

Oh they will be contending for the title alright, but they are just not clear-cut favourites like you are saying. They have issues which they have not fixed. With Chelsea strengthened, they can easily beat the Manchester teams to the title, provided they execute well. They have that ability now.

For me, all three are equal favourites now, with Arsenal having an outside chance if they improve their defending.
kiranr
kiranr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 26, 2012 12:27 am

Kick wrote:
JespSwe wrote:i am very impressed with chelsea signings. they are signing exactly the players they needed. they needed quality and creativity in the team, because so far i always felt chelsea were a more physical side than technical.

Our team will only get stronger and stronger. In a few years when Hazard, Oscar, Marin, KDB and Lukaku have EPL experience we will be very hard to beat.

yes i have to say these signings will help the team in long term... i think in first few games its just matter of how well they work together as a unit.

but im convinced.... i wasnt expecting this kind of solid signings. lol really surprised me.

plus very excited to look forward to hazard brothers

and with di matteo tied to the club i think this is the best thing u guys can ever expect of....

Back to top Go down

Post by The Sanchez Thu Jul 26, 2012 12:27 am

I think a right back is there only problem now. Not really world class though someone that is young and has had 2-3 seasons at the position. Maybe next season will be the time to find another central back for Terry...
The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Thu Jul 26, 2012 12:29 am

I personally don't have high expectations from Chelsea many of the new signings are young, and need time to get used to a new league + team they will be better in 13/14 season.
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 26, 2012 12:29 am

kiranr wrote:
Surag wrote:

Oh they will be contending for the title alright, but they are just not clear-cut favourites like you are saying. They have issues which they have not fixed. With Chelsea strengthened, they can easily beat the Manchester teams to the title, provided they execute well. They have that ability now.

For me, all three are equal favourites now, with Arsenal having an outside chance if they improve their defending.

yea i agree with kiranr....

and lets not underestimate di matteo... he really can manage these group of talented players.

if i was a city or manutd fan i would be little concerned about chelsea ... at the moment i see chelsea manutd and mancity being equal in terms of quality... like i said, its matter of mental aspects and how well managers will do...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 26, 2012 12:31 am

paxtonpale wrote:I think a right back is there only problem now. Not really world class though someone that is young and has had 2-3 seasons at the position. Maybe next season will be the time to find another central back for Terry...

until they find RB... in which maicon has been linked...

ivanovic can cover that position perfectly for a moment

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Thu Jul 26, 2012 12:32 am

For RB we are looking at Azpilicueta who will be a decent back up, I would prefer Maicon though. RB will be sorted by the time the season starts.

As for CB we have 3 young CB's who will replace Terry, Kalas, who did really well in the Eredivise for Vitesse. Bruma who had a good season at Hamburg and Chalobah who is our next best youth product after Piazon. Chalobah will be a starter for us one day, no doubt.

But the replacement for Terry is Cahill.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next