Juventude
S
elm_baraja_shaman
20 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

The Striker situation Empty The Striker situation

Post by elm_baraja_shaman Thu Jul 12, 2012 7:08 pm

we have been scouring for a striker and I hope Marotta better deliver this time around and with some quality as well.
We have been linked with so many names; Dzeko, Higuain, Cavani etc and its all seeming a fading game now with new names like; Pazzini Shocked , Jovetic, Gabbiadinni, Destro etc springing up. Now personally I hope Pazzini, Destro is not that Super signing Marotta has preached.

However let me scour the globe and find that we can still get quality with the 30m we are reported to have.

Here are some names still out there:

> Soldado: quality and we can get him for less that $17m. A quality player at best.

> Fernando Torres: though he lost form, I believe that a change of scenery and team can help him. And our 4-3-3 could suit him perfectly well. Plus for between 15-20m we could snap him up...

> Carlos Tevez: though not your ultimate CF name, I believe Tevez has what it takes to lead our line. Am still shocked we are not linked with him yet and Milan is in the hunt for him. Am sure for about $20m with future incentives, Tevez looks possible.

> [elm's pick for perfect CF] Papiss Demba Cisse: Am still shocked why we are not trying to get this guy. He is class, your ultimate finisher, can create for himself, is unselfish and could come within our price range. Yes he is my favorite among the list. This guy reminds me of Samuel Eto'o. And considering Newcastle Untd. is not a team that would be hard to deal with [yes Mole I just said it]. Am sure Mike Ashley would gladly accept $30m plus future incentives deal for Papiss. He is a must get for us.

This is the list I conjured, please feel free to add any names I missed..... bounce
elm_baraja_shaman
elm_baraja_shaman
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

The Striker situation Empty Re: The Striker situation

Post by S Thu Jul 12, 2012 7:19 pm

I'm sure its going to be..

The Striker situation SampdoriasGiampaoloPazzinicelebratesafterscoringagainstPSVduringtheirEuropaLeagueGroupIsoccermatchattheLuigiFerrarisstadiuminGenoaDecember12010_

The Striker situation Marotta

S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Juventude Thu Jul 12, 2012 7:43 pm

It's still mid-July. It's early. I like how Marotta is looking at a number of options at least that's the case if you believe some of the media reports. If we target one guy, we might lose out or pay too much. Right now, Marotta is keeping our options open. I hope the big name comes, but, if such a player doesn't arrive, I feel pretty confident that Marotta did the best he could within the limitations that ownership sets for him.

He's done quite well up to this point for me to believe that he's not doing the best he can in his position.
Juventude
Juventude
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Cotes Fri Jul 13, 2012 1:14 am

what about one or two of these guys?
The Striker situation Cristiano-ronaldo-409-callejon-real-madrid-goal-celebration-2011-2012

The Striker situation Rossi

The Striker situation D-Villa-Barcelona-Real-Madrid-david-villa-17349766-594-391
Cotes
Cotes
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Fri Jul 13, 2012 1:39 am

I'm fairly certain that these valuations are quite horrid.
17M for Soldado? I'm sure it would be 20 at the very least, while I agree he could be a good signing.

15-20M for Torres... No, this will not happen and even if it did, remember his massive wages which Juventus would be forced to taken on- and a 20 goal season wouldn't even justify them.

20M for Tevez, no one would pass on this either. However, you cannot assume availability. If City sign a striker then perhaps but why would they drop a quality player like Tevez right now?

Papiss, didn't he reject Bayern for a move to England. Pretty sure he is happy just where he is right now.

Cotes wrote:what about one or two of these guys?
The Striker situation Cristiano-ronaldo-409-callejon-real-madrid-goal-celebration-2011-2012

The Striker situation D-Villa-Barcelona-Real-Madrid-david-villa-17349766-594-391

1. Overrated, not a CF either
2. Injured for the majority of this season, by no means a solution
3. Not attainable.

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Milantildeath Fri Jul 13, 2012 3:11 am

Tevez is set to replace Zlatan. If I was Juve I'd go for Torres. He has been in horrible form, but I believe he is better than what you have surely.
Milantildeath
Milantildeath
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Cotes Fri Jul 13, 2012 4:10 am

Milantildeath wrote:Tevez is set to replace Zlatan. If I was Juve I'd go for Torres. He has been in horrible form, but I believe he is better than what you have surely.

Torres just won both the Champions League & Euro's
He costs atleast twice much as Chelsea paid for him now!
Cotes
Cotes
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by LWL91 Fri Jul 13, 2012 12:30 pm

Seriously.. Who are we going to lineup for CF next season? Jovetic will be SS im sure - if he partner with Giovinco or Vucinic id be very surprised!!

Destro, Gabbiadini, Pazzini etc - are they good enough for a starting CF in important CL games??????
LWL91
LWL91
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Juventude Fri Jul 13, 2012 1:41 pm

LWL91 wrote:Seriously.. Who are we going to lineup for CF next season? Jovetic will be SS im sure - if he partner with Giovinco or Vucinic id be very surprised!!

Destro, Gabbiadini, Pazzini etc - are they good enough for a starting CF in important CL games??????

Gabbiadini will go out on loan even if he comes in. Who knows what our CF situation will be, but it's only July and I have faith that Marotta will figure it out.

I think we may need to narrow our options to strikers that are not on UCL squads and, based on the players that have been linked to Juve, that has been a lot of SS like Jovetic and Suarez. There may not be a lot of true CF options out there for sale in this market.
Juventude
Juventude
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by juventus101 Fri Jul 13, 2012 2:18 pm

FALCAO.
juventus101
juventus101
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by LWL91 Fri Jul 13, 2012 2:35 pm

Juventude wrote:
LWL91 wrote:Seriously.. Who are we going to lineup for CF next season? Jovetic will be SS im sure - if he partner with Giovinco or Vucinic id be very surprised!!

Gabbiadini will go out on loan even if he comes in. Who knows what our CF situation will be, but it's only July and I have faith that Marotta will figure it out.

I think we may need to narrow our options to strikers that are not on UCL squads and, based on the players that have been linked to Juve, that has been a lot of SS like Jovetic and Suarez. There may not be a lot of true CF options out there for sale in this market.

True.. But don't you guys consider Aguero, Rossi etc second strikers as well? Even Zlatan is a SS according to himself in his biography... Jovetic is just as much a CF as Aguero or Rossi..
LWL91
LWL91
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Juventude Fri Jul 13, 2012 3:27 pm

LWL91 wrote:
Juventude wrote:

True.. But don't you guys consider Aguero, Rossi etc second strikers as well? Even Zlatan is a SS according to himself in his biography... Jovetic is just as much a CF as Aguero or Rossi..

I totally agree with you, but some people on the board have been talking about the idea of having a creative attack. Personally, I think a team needs a true CF, unless that CF can be a player like Zlatan.

Zlatan did play largely as a SS when he first started at Juve with Trez. Zlatan is a rare kind of player. He has the size and finishing capabilities of a CF, but he has the technique, footwork, and passing of a SS. You can basically use him however you want. Balotelli is kind of in the same breed of attacker if he keeps developing all parts of his game. If you watch his Man City games he will play very wide at times and another player will player deeper in attack. Other times he's in front of the goal like with Italy.

I think that we could play with two SS, but one of those SS would have to be a player like Suarez or Jovetic that has good size and finishes well. I would not want to put Vucinic or Giovinco out there with a player like Gaston Ramirez.

With all of the opportunities, passing, and possession that Juve had last season, I would love to see a great finishing CF in our attack. I think such a player could have a great season with Juve.
Juventude
Juventude
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Cotes Fri Jul 13, 2012 4:14 pm

Luca wrote:I'm fairly certain that these valuations are quite horrid.
17M for Soldado? I'm sure it would be 20 at the very least, while I agree he could be a good signing.

15-20M for Torres... No, this will not happen and even if it did, remember his massive wages which Juventus would be forced to taken on- and a 20 goal season wouldn't even justify them.

20M for Tevez, no one would pass on this either. However, you cannot assume availability. If City sign a striker then perhaps but why would they drop a quality player like Tevez right now?

Papiss, didn't he reject Bayern for a move to England. Pretty sure he is happy just where he is right now.

Cotes wrote:what about one or two of these guys?

1. Overrated, not a CF either
2. Injured for the majority of this season, by no means a solution
3. Not attainable.

1. I think Callejon got talent & is actually under-rated because he has to sit behind Higuain & Benzema...still he managed to score 13 goals last season

2. I know he was injured but now we can get him for cheap

3. I wouldn't say not attainable, just difficult but I doubt anymore difficult than Van Persie or Cavani right now!
Cotes
Cotes
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Fri Jul 13, 2012 4:18 pm

1. That may be the case, but the fact that he is behind two quality players is misleading for his statistics. Also, I don't see him as a CF, or as a player that could lead Juventus' attack- which is the goal.

2. For sure, I would be for Rossi's signing but lucky if he plays at all this season, and with his injury record we couldn't say it is a long term fix either.

3. It would be very difficult to get Villa to move from Spain, from Barcelona! Very difficult

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by nobionye Fri Jul 13, 2012 4:24 pm

juventude , i agree with you ....an out and out finisher, but one with decent footwork to get away from a marker.

guys, we need a cf with a physical prescence as well as good footwork, but this is rare in the market, we have to get us something close.

pazzini is a big NO NO...he is just another matri.

damiao is largely unproven and is a dicey buy that can turn out in extremes of good or bad... too risky (please dont judge this guy by his brazil performance, he is really good).

dzeko....good buy....impossible buy.

jovetic plays best as a supporting striker , not a finisher. we've got giovinco and vucinic already. although he is better than both of them. we are not lacking for chance creators, just finishers. using him or any others as a '9' will be under-utilising him.though i'll love to see him at juve.

suarez...same goes for suarez...a wonderful striker but is more of an ss than a finisher. but it will take a minor miracle to bring him in besides.

van persie...thanks but no thanks, italian defenders will break something in him. too injury prone ...imagine if he gets a serious injury and comes back when he is thirty...little resale value. next please...

huntelaar is good though but our chances of landing him , well ,.....

cavani...yessss!!!!...but sadly almost impossible.

higuain...yess too...impossible for sure.

frankly people i really dont want to be in marrotta shoes...its a difficult thing..i am foreseeing juve getting a 'good ' striker but not ...definitely not world class.

soldado..well i dont know that much about him...so i cant say much for him.

i'll suggest they get jovetic. @ least we'll have a lot more chances...and hopefully put away many more.

damiao is our best chance at a pure 9....both in terms of affordability and ability.....but like i said, a hit and miss thing. but it'll be absolutely stupid of juve to wait till tottenham buy him or for him to get another wonderful season that sees his value skyrocket beyond our purse.

that's my 2 cent worth .....

nobionye
nobionye
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by LWL91 Fri Jul 13, 2012 7:05 pm

The Striker situation AbCZUiraf7

This would work...

No wait...

THIS WOULD KILL!!!!
LWL91
LWL91
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Juventude Fri Jul 13, 2012 7:26 pm

LWL91 wrote:This would work...

No wait...

THIS WOULD KILL!!!!

There are elements of that formation that I like and one that I don't like... mostly Gio. I think I'd rather see Vucinic out there so that we have two strikers that could play wide and in front of the goal.

Sometimes, I wonder if Gio limits our abilities. He is clearly better in front of the goal rather than playing in a wide position, but his size limits his abilities in front of the goal. Whatever striker is paired with Gio needs to be very flexible in his abilities. Or, I think that Gio needs wings like in a 4-4-2 to succeed instead of wingback style of players like in a 3-5-2. I don't know. I think that I like our potential formations better when he isn't involved. I guess that it will really depend on who we purchase in attack to see who can be paired with him.
Juventude
Juventude
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BiasedMilanFan3 Sun Jul 15, 2012 6:05 am

I think Juve will sign either Destro or Rossi.

Rossi could come for so cheap but he has his injury worries. Destro is also good but all the big Italian teams want him so competition will be stiff.

I honestly think its 50/50 between these two.
BiasedMilanFan3
BiasedMilanFan3
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Sun Jul 15, 2012 6:10 am

Torres doesn't suit a 4-3-3. He has to have someone behind him feeding him through balls.

eg. Xavi, Gerrard or Mata.

We won't sell him anyway. He is our main striker.

I would get Rossi if I were Juve, he will be cheap and he is fantastic. As long as he can bounce back from injury.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by S Sun Jul 15, 2012 6:43 am

Seriously why are people talking about Rossi ?he tore his ACL twice and will be only coming back from injury by February 2013..He is not an option..Whilst Destro certainly is.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by GIGItheBest Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:12 am

Do you guys have any news on the strikers?
GIGItheBest
GIGItheBest
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Mon Jul 16, 2012 5:58 am

Surag wrote:Seriously why are people talking about Rossi ?he tore his ACL twice and will be only coming back from injury by February 2013..He is not an option..Whilst Destro certainly is.

Yeah, I'm not sure why people keep mentioning him either. He could be a good signing, but he can't be the signing to build on immediately and there isn't even any sort of certainty over his future.

If he can be bought for around 8-10M and then another striker can still be signed I'd be for it though

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by S Mon Jul 16, 2012 6:20 am

Luca wrote:
Surag wrote:Seriously why are people talking about Rossi ?he tore his ACL twice and will be only coming back from injury by February 2013..He is not an option..Whilst Destro certainly is.

Yeah, I'm not sure why people keep mentioning him either. He could be a good signing, but he can't be the signing to build on immediately and there isn't even any sort of certainty over his future.

If he can be bought for around 8-10M and then another striker can still be signed I'd be for it though

Why ?That would be a waste of funds when we're running on a pretty tight budget and collecting as much funds as possible to purchase a top quality forward like Jovetic..Like i said he would only come back by Feb 2013 and it would be better if he restarts his career at a mid-table club where there would be less stress.I wouldnt take the risk on buying him now,definitely not.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Cotes Mon Jul 16, 2012 3:36 pm

GIGItheBest wrote:Do you guys have any news on the strikers?

I heard we are interested in Doumbia!
http://www.football-wonderkidsfc.co.uk/#/juventus-target-doumbia/4553085872
Cotes
Cotes
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:03 pm

Surag wrote:
Luca wrote:

Why ?That would be a waste of funds when we're running on a pretty tight budget and collecting as much funds as possible to purchase a top quality forward like Jovetic..Like i said he would only come back by Feb 2013 and it would be better if he restarts his career at a mid-table club where there would be less stress.I wouldnt take the risk on buying him now,definitely not.

It's low risk, like Elia was

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next