Sri
Great Leader Sprucenuce
urbaNRoots
Lex
Raptorgunner
32 posters

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Contract Talks Contract Talks Theo now. - Page 2 Empty Re: Contract Talks Contract Talks Theo now.

Post by El Gunner Sun Jul 08, 2012 9:46 am

Le Samourai wrote:He thinks he deserves it because he can get it at multiple clubs on the open market.

Also Wenger doesn't even play him at CF where he's repeatedly said he wants to play.

So unlinke the Van Persie case, I'm inclined to say he can do whatever he wants....would love him at Liverpool TBH....I know he's a fan.

So do you think Chelsea or PSG or any other top club would play Walcott at CF??????

I'm afraid he juz ain't good enough to play there!!!! So the sooner he starts realising that, the better for him. And if he trully wants to play as a CF he should ASAP get he's shit together!

On Wally staying at Arsenal or not. I really hope he stays! as much as he sometimes can make me furious, when...on his day when his good he's very good!

So I hope our fecked up board sorts their shit out, so we can keep Wally.

El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Contract Talks Contract Talks Theo now. - Page 2 Empty Re: Contract Talks Contract Talks Theo now.

Post by El Gunner Sun Jul 08, 2012 9:50 am

abirking wrote:Its amazing how a player like walcott can demand 100000k per week.
He had a reasonable season last year but still i have my doubts about his ability as a winger. I feel he lacks the necessary skill and flair to dribble or trick his way around a defender. He is most effective when the team is a goal up and there is space behind to exploit.

As for his desire to play as a CF. Really with his physical structure he wants to play the lone striker against the likes of vidic,company, skrtel and the other giant CBs. If we get 15m and he acts as a diva over his contract we should sell him and get a better winger.

If the club agrees to pay him 100000k a week, the contract should contain a clause that he will use 20000k to buy dribbling and crossing lessons so that when he sees a LB he does not just try kick the ball forward and race after it and that some of his crosses gets past the first defender.

TOTALLY AGREE!
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Sun Jul 08, 2012 11:36 am

Well I hear people giving Walcott crap for not being able to cross and and lacking inventiveness on the right wing and just basically looking out of position...and I think...that's because he simply isn't a right winger.

Big centre backs?..doesn't matter to me....he's not going to win headers and facilitate hoof ball...but I see amazing potential for him as someone who makes runs off defenders, gets behind defenders and scores goals.

When it comes down to it, he's played in a position which limits how successful he can potentially be at Arsenal, so moving to a team like PSG where the clear opening is at CF might be a decent career move for him.

He's 22 tho he has time on his side and Wenger has promised him the role of CF one day........and being CF for Arsenal with Wenger there is probably better than anything else available.

What I'm confused by is why he wants Van Persie to stay, he should want Van Persie to leave , it opens up a spot for him to play where he wants to play.

Walcott is in a similar position to Pato at Milan, when I think about it eerily so, I wouldn't mind either for leaving because despite all the injuries and all that stuff, if you feel as though you can't maximize even your own potential at this team, and there is slim chances for titles, and more money is available elsewhere..why stay?.

Pato stayed, Walcott probably will as well.

Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Jul 08, 2012 12:59 pm

Legend wrote:but which big team would put Walcott their starting 11? If i were him i wouldn't want to be called super sub for the rest of my career

Good point tbf.... as for those talking about Walcott as a CF i dont consider him one personally he would far too easy to mark.

Like Sturridge i personally consider him a inside-forward.... not a winger but not a CF either.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Sun Jul 08, 2012 1:20 pm

Wenger tried it early in 2010 it worked the first game he scored two goals I think. But then went invisible, bullied, easy to mark and Wenger had to put in the wing again.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Wilson37 Sun Jul 08, 2012 4:54 pm

100k...bullshit.. He can gtfo here if he demands such high wages..
We dont need to pay such wages to keep an average player like him who is unidimensional, nonversatile and has attitude problems, offering him such a huge wage.. Cant see him starting in any other big club.. Overrated.. With him half of our matches are being played with a man down.. We have Ox and Gervinho who can play right wing...
Wilson37
Wilson37
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun Jul 08, 2012 7:52 pm

from twitter

"some interesting news on Theo; he's using RvP departure and his contract talks to try and persuade Arsene to give him ST role."
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Sun Jul 08, 2012 8:10 pm

:bow:
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Sun Jul 08, 2012 9:53 pm

Contract Talks Contract Talks Theo now. - Page 2 2mn2l8l
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Wed Jul 11, 2012 12:48 am

DANNY WELBECK is still in dispute with Manchester United over a new contract

The striker, 21, is in the last year of his current deal but his advisors and club bosses are at loggerheads over the terms of a new four-year agreement.

Welbeck is on £15,000 a week and his camp are after £60,000 a week before bonuses.

But the club is understood to be offering a £40,000 basic wage, rising to £60,000 a week based on games played.
Less experienced but still comparable situation i think
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Tue Jul 24, 2012 12:06 pm

The new deal would keep the Englishman at the club until 2016, after many reports he would leave the club for a move to Liverpool or Chelsea.

Theo is expected to put pen to paper on a deal worth £85,000 per week in the coming weeks. With the arrival of Santiago Cazorla from Malaga seeming ever more likely, many thought Walcott may make way for the Spanish winger, but Fresh Football understands Santi Cazorla will occupy a more central role at the Emirates.

Theo recently spoke out on the club: “We have not been winning titles like I want, but I am confident we will soon”

Source: http://freshfootball.co.uk/#/blog/4560568303/Theo-to-sign-new-deal/3034766

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Tue Jul 24, 2012 1:48 pm

Theo Walcott insists he is fully focused on pre-season training and hasn’t been distracted by any speculation about his future because he’s not heard any.

Claiming that his agent is still in negotiations with Arsenal, the England international clarified that he hasn’t been stalling over a new deal, but that talks were always scheduled for after his return from the European Championships.

Speaking from Malaysia ahead of the Gunners first full pre-season game of the summer Walcott told Sky Sports:

“It was always going to be (a case of) hold back until the end of the Euros. We continue to talk and we’ll just see where it goes.

Responding to suggestions that links with both Chelsea and Liverpool had side-tracked him during recent weeks, he continued:

“Not at all because I didn’t have a clue about any other clubs, anything.

“I’m an honest guy. I like to get on with my job. I’ve got to work on pre-season, I don’t want any distractions.

“Like I say, my agent and the club will continue to talk and when there’s something to know I’ll get involved.”

There’s no doubting that keeping Walcott is more preferable than selling him. While he continues to frustrate on the pitch, his improvement (as seen by his stats last season) suggest that he’s a weapon you’d rather have on your side than not.

Who knows, with Robin van Persie set to leave, he may even find himself in contention for a starting berth as a central striker…something he’s been pining over for some time.

http://news.arseblog.com/2012/07/walcott-im-still-negotiating-with-arsenal/

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Tue Jul 24, 2012 1:57 pm

Much better handled. Good lad.

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Tue Jul 24, 2012 2:01 pm

Walcott is staying, he is not a punk like RIP.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Wilson37 Thu Jul 26, 2012 5:55 am

Raptorgunner wrote:Walcott is staying, he is not a punk like RIP.
least concerned.. he may leave if we sign Cazorla... smoking
Wilson37
Wilson37
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Thu Jul 26, 2012 6:11 am

Wilson37 wrote:

That not what we want. We don't want key players leaving, immaterial of who we sign.

And we are looking at Cazorla as a cover for Rosicky in midfield, not as an winger.

For everyone underrating Walcott - take a moment to think how many goals P€r$i€ would have scored without Walcott setting him up. Then watch Arsenal 5-3 Chelsea. Then watch Arsenal 5-2 Tottenham. And then google stats comparing Walcott 2011-12 to wingers not just in PL, but also in other league. Then search youtube for a video of Walcott teaching Jenkinson how to defend while ManUtd were handing our asses back to us.

And if you still think he is a liability, let me know. I will have no hesitation in putting dense mugheads into my ignore list. :coffee:

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by TalkingReckless Thu Jul 26, 2012 7:09 am

Here is a comparison for people
http://www.eplindex.com/16652/premier-league-wide-midfielders-20112012-stats-comparison.html
TalkingReckless
TalkingReckless
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by kiranr Thu Jul 26, 2012 7:20 am

As per those stats, Downing is better than Walcott and only difference between them was RVP Laughing
kiranr
kiranr
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Thu Jul 26, 2012 7:21 am

Legend wrote:Here is a comparison for people
http://www.eplindex.com/16652/premier-league-wide-midfielders-20112012-stats-comparison.html

Good compilation of raw data. But not a very clear analysis in itself. Thanks for the link though, enjoyed going through some of those numbers Smile I will go through it again in more detail when I get home from work, maybe, and have some meaningful info out of it.

But one thing I must point out is the analysis itself, of 'wide midfielders'. The approach employed makes sense more when you think of the player as a wideman in a 4-4-2 tbh, but with different teams, with players in different roles in wide positions, it is not wise to go purely on this statistical approach. Imagine the role of a wide player in a team like, say Stoke and Arsenal. There is a big difference in the numbers notched up by the players depending on their role in the side, the manager's tactics, the contribution of the midfield, the quality around them, etc. If Arshavin is the striker, you can bet that David Silva wouldn't have the same number of assists. Just putting things into perspective. Wink

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Thu Jul 26, 2012 7:23 am

kiranr wrote:
As per those stats, Downing is better than Walcott and only difference between them was RVP Laughing

And that, my friend, is a fine example of just how misleading just numbers, without an understanding of the reason for those numbers, can be. Please refer to my previous post explaining this. Smile

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by Wilson37 Thu Jul 26, 2012 7:24 am

srigooner wrote:
Wilson37 wrote:

That not what we want. We don't want key players leaving, immaterial of who we sign.

And we are looking at Cazorla as a cover for Rosicky in midfield, not as an winger.

For everyone underrating Walcott - take a moment to think how many goals P€r$i€ would have scored without Walcott setting him up. Then watch Arsenal 5-3 Chelsea. Then watch Arsenal 5-2 Tottenham. And then google stats comparing Walcott 2011-12 to wingers not just in PL, but also in other league. Then search youtube for a video of Walcott teaching Jenkinson how to defend while ManUtd were handing our asses back to us.

And if you still think he is a liability, let me know. I will have no hesitation in putting dense mugheads into my ignore list. :coffee:
his stats may be very good... but i dont think he could have gained such assissts if it was not for RVP... and he had some brilliant matches... but other half of the matches he was anonymous..
agree that he is a key player.. that it will not be good for us to lose another experienced player this summer...
but he cant just use this summers situation for bargaining and to demand such high wages which he doesnt deserve...
i feel alex or gervinho can do the same job on the right wing..if not better...
dont want us to give him a 100k 4 year deal... and in the next season possibly u will have the more talented and versatile Ox and an improved gervinho.. so pay 100k for a supersub.. and i dont think we planning to play him in any other position.. and cant see him improving above a limit... so he is going to be another burden on the wage bill.. we talk about Bendtner, Denilson, etc.. and similarily we will be finding it difficult to move him if situation arises...
so from the neutral point of view.. Walcott is not irreplacable.. and there arent any big clubs willing to buy him.. So the ball should in our court.. and i want the club to make a strong stance, either he can take the offered contract or he may move.. and not to entertain any bargaining in the future... smoking
Wilson37
Wilson37
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Thu Jul 26, 2012 7:46 am

Wilson37 wrote:his stats may be very good... but i dont think he could have gained such assissts if it was not for RVP... and he had some brilliant matches... but other half of the matches he was anonymous..

I agree. And I respect Theo for admitting he needs to work on his consistency. Shows that he is humble and doesn't have a bloated ego. He is one of those players who has seen criticism for a long time, including MANY saying he has 'no footballing brain'. And yet he tries to work harder and improve. He is a bit one-dimensional sometimes, and has difficulty when the opponent plays deeper and allows him little space behind their lines. It is something he needs to learn, but he is 23 now.

Wilson37 wrote:
agree that he is a key player.. that it will not be good for us to lose another experienced player this summer...

He would be the player with most caps once RvP leaves. Nobody wants him to leave as well.

Wilson37 wrote:
but he cant just use this summers situation for bargaining and to demand such high wages which he doesnt deserve...
i feel alex or gervinho can do the same job on the right wing..if not better...
dont want us to give him a 100k 4 year deal...

Don't go by what the media would have you believe. Nowhere has he said he wants 100k p/w. He said his people will discuss the situation after the Euros, and they are doing just that. He has not been disrespectful of the club or the manager in any way. Just because he has not signed a contract, does not automatically imply that he is a moneywhore trying to strong arm the club. :facepalm:

Wilson37 wrote:
and in the next season possibly u will have the more talented and versatile Ox and an improved gervinho.. so pay 100k for a supersub.. and i dont think we planning to play him in any other position.. and cant see him improving above a limit... so he is going to be another burden on the wage bill.. we talk about Bendtner, Denilson, etc.. and similarily we will be finding it difficult to move him if situation arises...

No. Wenger's long term plan seems to be employing Ox in an advanced midfield role, and I personally feel he is much suited to that role as well. In the short term, he has to develop his raw talent and grow as a player. He is still 18. We don't want to play him 50 games a season and see him spend 1.5 years on the treatment table. He offers competition, agreed. But he is not a starter yet.
Gervinho should have a better season, but don't forget AFCON. And don't forget our annual injury crisis. We don't have Benyoun this year. So unless you want to see Ramsey or Rosicky in the wing, and give more weight to opinions that Wenger would happily sell a key player and replace him with a youth player to save some money, I can not agree with this.

Wilson37 wrote:

so from the neutral point of view.. Walcott is not irreplacable.. and there arent any big clubs willing to buy him.. So the ball should in our court.. and i want the club to make a strong stance, either he can take the offered contract or he may move.. and not to entertain any bargaining in the future... smoking

We are a club with class, we do not force our way. We want players who are happy playing for us, not disgruntled players causing disharmony in our dressing room. The club has to show its stance with RVP, because he has been disrespectful. Not with Walcott, who has done nothing to cross his line. He is being were professional in this scenario and showing good maturity. When somebody behaves with you in a good way, you reciprocate with good will, not strongarm them.

PS: : Though it may seem like it, I want to emphasize that my comments are directed not only at Wilson, but also a larger group of fans who voice this opinion. Not just fans in GL, but also on twitter and other forums. Please don't take any personal offence.

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Thu Jul 26, 2012 9:47 am

If Walcott's departure would mean the arrival of Cazorla... I would be fine with it lol

But I still don't want him gone... would've loved it if both would be at the club next season.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Thu Jul 26, 2012 11:58 am

Again, these are two separate things. We aren't looking at Cazorla as a replacement for Theo, but as an option to increase our creativity in midfield.

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Thu Jul 26, 2012 1:21 pm

Wilson37 wrote:

We cant lose main players, does not mater who comes in. I am not his biggest fan but I dont want lose him for anything since RVP is leaving.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Wilson37 Thu Jul 26, 2012 2:47 pm

srigooner wrote:
We are a club with class, we do not force our way. We want players who are happy playing for us, not disgruntled players causing disharmony in our dressing room. The club has to show its stance with RVP, because he has been disrespectful. Not with Walcott, who has done nothing to cross his line. He is being were professional in this scenario and showing good maturity. When somebody behaves with you in a good way, you reciprocate with good will, not strongarm them.

PS: : Though it may seem like it, I want to emphasize that my comments are directed not only at Wilson, but also a larger group of fans who voice this opinion. Not just fans in GL, but also on twitter and other forums. Please don't take any personal offence.
i am tired seeing our club at the losing end of these transfer sagas.. we were done by Cesc, Nasri, and now RVP.. who knows the real problem with Walcott ? is it money or the ambition bullshit or buying trophies ?
we want players who respect and believe in the way the club is run and not get carried by money cities wages.. so the club and the fans need not panic... and Walcott is nowhere important as the above players... and i feel it will be another let down for the club if we yield to this business tactics from his agent/him.. Neutral
i am fine.. and nothing is personal here.. I am expressing my views.. you are free to disagree... Very Happy
Wilson37
Wilson37
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next