Sri
Great Leader Sprucenuce
urbaNRoots
Lex
Raptorgunner
32 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Contract Talks Contract Talks Theo now. - Page 4 Empty Re: Contract Talks Contract Talks Theo now.

Post by VendettaRed07 Tue 09 Oct 2012, 18:01

I know he has his faults and we would have to give him more than hes worth honestly.. but

For ****s sake give him a contract. We can't keep loosing players. I know Theo wouldn't be the biggest loss in the world but when stacked ontop of everything else that has happened its a huge moral killer..

If you want a really good english player, you are gonna have to overpay for them, because thats what the market is. You can say he is being greedy but honestly theo would be stupid to leave that kind of money on the table.. Or at least not TRY to get what he could easily at other clubs.

VendettaRed07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Contract Talks Contract Talks Theo now. - Page 4 Empty Re: Contract Talks Contract Talks Theo now.

Post by EL Patron Tue 09 Oct 2012, 18:46

VendettaRed07 wrote:I know he has his faults and we would have to give him more than hes worth honestly.. but

For ****s sake give him a contract. We can't keep loosing players. I know Theo wouldn't be the biggest loss in the world but when stacked ontop of everything else that has happened its a huge moral killer..

If you want a really good english player, you are gonna have to overpay for them, because thats what the market is. You can say he is being greedy but honestly theo would be stupid to leave that kind of money on the table.. Or at least not TRY to get what he could easily at other clubs.

He ain't worth it, sends the wrong message to the squad if we give him what he wants. If he was actually more consistent and played well then he'd have a case but right now i agree with uncle Hillwood
EL Patron
EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Highburied Tue 09 Oct 2012, 19:00

Dick Law should be fired with immediate effect with no compensation.

I made a thread a few days ago regarding contracts of deadwood players and it backfired or ignored from fans here. Bunch of clueless.

I think the main reason why we dont get quAlity players and Keep quality players is our board.
Highburied
Highburied
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Rev Tue 09 Oct 2012, 19:11

gunnerlistick wrote:
VendettaRed07 wrote:I know he has his faults and we would have to give him more than hes worth honestly.. but

He ain't worth it, sends the wrong message to the squad if we give him what he wants. If he was actually more consistent and played well then he'd have a case but right now i agree with uncle Hillwood

The main reason he isn't playing atm IS his contract situation though.

If we had him locked down, I'm 100% sure Wenger would have started him in some games where Ox and Gervinho failed to produce.

It's double-edged though. It sends a wrong message because we pay him that kind of money, but it sends even a worse message when you see your seasoned teammates leave year after year.(talking about Sagna here)
Rev
Rev
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Arsenalfaithfull Tue 09 Oct 2012, 22:08

We are a big club ffs. We have random players on our rosters that will never play for the club again that are sitting chilling shooting some football outside of the emirates, who are getting paid 50 grand+ weekly. We can afford to give Theo 80+.

The only reason he is not starting is because of his contract situation. Every time he has been on the pitch, the team has looked better and more dangerous. If things do no go as planned in 2 years , you will always have buyers for Walcott (he has high resale value... esp n a league where even lower mid table teams are ready for fork out 18-20 million on a player ).

As of now, Theo contributes more to the team than both Gervinho, and OX. If we let him go , we will once again make our direct opposition stronger. You know Walcott is less likely going to move outside of England.

He is not asking for crazy money like RVP or Nasri (we were willing to give a 24 year old Nasri 100+/ weekly) Give the boy what he wants!
Arsenalfaithfull
Arsenalfaithfull
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Tue 09 Oct 2012, 22:11

I agree with Hill-Wood on this. Walcott is a good, sometimes even valuable, asset to the club but he's not so good that we should compromise our wage structure just to accommodate his demands.

The situation is delicate since if you give him what he wants, it further proves that player power rules all and shows other players that if you just dig your heels in and threaten to leave, you'll get what you want.

But on the other hand, if you don't give him what he wants then he'll just walk away on a free transfer and the club will look bad for failing to hold on to yet another important player.

At the moment, I believe the best approach is to see whether Walcott can improve his form to an extent that warrants the sort of money he's supposedly asking for. He's off to a good start but four goals isn't really enough at this stage - two goals against a rubbish Coventry side and two from sub appearances, from which he is famously effective. Yeah, it's encouraging, but let's not start thinking he actually deserves to be the top earner at Arsenal. £100,000k p/w would make him that.

Moreover, just because we can, doesn't mean we should. It'd be poor business for us to give Walcott a new contract based on the wages we've mistakenly given other players. Based on this logic, every average player we have will have to earn £50k p/w since every other average player has earned around the same.

It's risky, but we're going to have to play a game of wait and see.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by VendettaRed07 Tue 09 Oct 2012, 22:51

gunnerlistick wrote:

Hes a winger and he scored 11 goals and had 13 assists last season. And hes already got 4 this season. I mean how much more can you get out of a winger who you don't even start every match?

If they don't want to cave and look week by giving into his 100k+ then thats fine. But at least we should try to comprimise and offer something in the 80-90 range and see what happens. If we were so easily willing to offer 70 then coming up just a bit shouldn't be that big of a difference to us but would mean a lot to Theo
VendettaRed07
VendettaRed07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Thu 08 Nov 2012, 21:37

"My desire is to keep Theo. We do what’s needed to keep him and hopefully [as] I told you many times, we can sort this situation out very soon.

"Very soon is before the end of December - one way or another, that is for sure.

"I don’t want to go into any details but you can believe me [that] we do the maximum we can to keep our best players."

Wenger wants to keep him but Hill Wood would rather sell Walcott and Sagna for footballing reason. I used to trust Wenger but I dont think he is as trust worth as we think.

Wenger lies more than the board.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by SamuelJayC Thu 08 Nov 2012, 23:42

Arshavin on £80k. We've offered Theo £75.

If I was Theo, I'd reject it too.
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

https://twitter.com/samuelJayC

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Fri 09 Nov 2012, 00:03

Theo Walcott Season Comparison :

2010-2011 - 25+13 Appearances - 13 Goals - 11 Assists - 98 Shots - 47 Shots On Goal (48%).

2011-2012 - 41+5 Appearances - 11 Goals - 12 Assists - 85 Shots - 38 Shots On Goal (45%).

2012-2013 - 4+9 Appearances - 8 Goals - 4 Assist - 20 Shots - 11 Shots On Goal (55%).

#TheoSignDaThing

100k hmm
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Tue 04 Nov 2014, 06:40

BUMP!

Arseblog says:

With just over 18 months left on his current deal, Theo Walcott is in the process of discussing a new contract with the club.

According to Arsene Wenger talks have begun, saying, “We are starting to sit down with him. I think he has one and a half years to go in December. It should be his peak years because he is 25. It’s the best years now, so hopefully we can profit from that.

However, somewhat tellingly the manager said, “It is never an easy job with him.”

Perhaps it’s a reference to the fact Walcott and his advisers allowed his deal to run down to the point where he could have negotiated a Bosman deal with a foreign club, but with less than 6 months remaining he signed an extension which takes him to the summer of 2016.

Arsenal are obviously keen to tie him down to a longer deal now, and having signed Alexis Sanchez and Mesut Ozil and given them wage deals above Walcott’s £100,000 a week, the England man will want some kind of parity with the biggest earners.

With most of the team’s top stars on long contracts, Walcott’s signature on a new deal will be something of a priority for the negotiating team.

Fingers crossed it doesn’t go as close to the wire as last time.

http://news.arseblog.com/2014/11/walcott-contract-talks-revealed/

Again, money might not be the problem, his role in the squad given the acquisitions of Alexis and Danny with Chambo and Gnabry behind him - that would be contentious.

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Thu 04 Dec 2014, 20:42

Excellent as always: http://arseblog.com/2014/12/we-need-to-talk-about-theo/

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Thu 04 Dec 2014, 20:43

srigooner wrote:

Again, money might not be the problem, his role in the squad given the acquisitions of Alexis and Danny with Chambo and Gnabry behind him - that would be contentious.

That was me a month back :coffee:

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Thu 04 Dec 2014, 20:44

srigooner wrote:Excellent as always: http://arseblog.com/2014/12/we-need-to-talk-about-theo/

can't be arsed to read that.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Thu 04 Dec 2014, 21:09

Hapless_Hans wrote:
srigooner wrote:Excellent as always: http://arseblog.com/2014/12/we-need-to-talk-about-theo/

can't be arsed to read that.

Nobody begged you to, you pos. Laughing

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Thu 04 Dec 2014, 21:55

Everytime I manage to make the dumbest joke possible, I am satisfied and very happy with myself :coffee:
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Fri 05 Dec 2014, 09:03

Hapless_Hans wrote:Everytime I manage to make the dumbest joke possible, I am satisfied and very happy with myself :coffee:

Partly explains why we love having you here Twisted Evil

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sun 07 Dec 2014, 21:42

What's the situation with Walcott anyway? He came back from his long-term injury... only to get injured again. What's his fitness at the moment? What is his role going to be? Walking into the XI or staying on the bench? I'm just so confused by this guy right now. Is he going to be put straight back in his old role, or are players like Sanchez, Welbeck and eventually Özil going to cause some selection headache for Arsene?
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun 07 Dec 2014, 21:45

He got injured on international duty. No idea what Hodgson did in training but his thigh got inflamed.

He will be eased in at RW. Oxlade is in very good form right now so Walcott will compete with him. But he should be a definite starter in a months time or two.

Ideal forward line would be

Sanchez-------Giroud/Welbeck-------Walcott
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Sun 01 Feb 2015, 17:58

BUMP

Talks planned this month apparently. Such a stark difference in his negotiating position compared to last time.

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Thu 26 Mar 2015, 12:05

Theo Walcott:

There have been no contract talks as yet and my current focus is not on contracts but on doing my best for Arsenal FC.

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Thu 26 Mar 2015, 14:01

srigooner wrote:
Theo Walcott:

There have been no contract talks as yet and my current focus is not on contracts but on doing my best for Arsenal FC.

Not much he could do on the bench tough.:coffee:
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Thu 26 Mar 2015, 14:22

To put the entire message in context:

Theo Walcott @theowalcott  ·  3h 3 hours ago
I don't normally comment on false stories about myself but reports about contract demands & bust-ups with the boss are complete nonsense...

Theo Walcott @theowalcott  ·  3h 3 hours ago
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Thu 26 Mar 2015, 14:24

Ohh, I only saw the second part of it on my FB timeline.. Thanks Lexy Thumbs up

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by Amar Thu 26 Mar 2015, 15:36

His raw speed is something that I would love to keep at Arsenal especially considering we have Ozil playing through-balls, but not sure we can keep him as a bench player with how much he's making or will be making with a new contract.

Ox simply offers more on the wing with his ability to actually face up defenders and beat them, and is alot more versatile. He might not be as fast as Theo, but he does offer more on the ball and has a higher ceiling imo.
Amar
Amar
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Thu 26 Mar 2015, 16:06

Nah Walcott gets himself into scoring positions, his finishing just lets him down on occasion. In an ideal world, both theo and Ox would somehow both be playing together
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next