rsinatra
Ganso
Sushi Master
Art Morte
jibers
19 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

South American football is quality! Empty South American football is quality!

Post by jibers Sun Jun 26, 2011 6:59 pm

I kept hearing how south american teams are crap, but I watched the copa final with Santos vs Penarol and the quality is higher thaqn anything I've seen in the prem, I actually think The south American League is better in quality.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

South American football is quality! Empty Re: South American football is quality!

Post by Art Morte Sun Jun 26, 2011 7:03 pm

Of course South American football is quality, but European leagues' scouts would really, really be doing something wrong if SA football was better than European Razz

Rich leagues get the best players (as long as everyone do their job).

Btw, (I could probably use google, too), has anyone got any info on what sort of revenues South American clubs have got?
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

South American football is quality! Empty Re: South American football is quality!

Post by jibers Sun Jun 26, 2011 7:05 pm

Mate the quality is pretty good. I'm fed up with seeing just route one football, I want something diferent. Might start watching series A regularly again, Havent doen that in like 12 years.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Sun Jun 26, 2011 7:07 pm

Well, just look at any South American player in Europe. A lot of them are class.

Same applies back home, there are even some players which prefer to play in their own countries rather than in Europe, and they are quality.

Latin American leagues own any European one apart from the big, famous ones.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Sun Jun 26, 2011 7:08 pm

Never saw Ganzo play, now I know hay all the teams want him, the guy would fit into Barca like a glove.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Sun Jun 26, 2011 7:14 pm

ganso is the best brazilian player in the world,i have said this many times
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by rsinatra Sun Jun 26, 2011 9:52 pm

i somewhat agree with sushi master: brazilian and argentinian are better than all european leagues, except the big ones (epl, la liga, serie a...), and the uruguayan is not far behind either..

now the other ones, i dont know much about.. but there are some good teams in paraguay, chile, etc, who could compete with fairly strong european teams...
rsinatra
rsinatra
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sunderland

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Sun Jun 26, 2011 9:58 pm

rsinatra wrote:i somewhat agree with sushi master: brazilian and argentinian are better than all european leagues, except the big ones (epl, la liga, serie a...), and the uruguayan is not far behind either..

now the other ones, i dont know much about.. but there are some good teams in paraguay, chile, etc, who could compete with fairly strong european teams...
I know Colo Colo and Peñarol would give any European club a hard time. We also forgot the Mexican league which can be quite good.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Sun Jun 26, 2011 10:01 pm

There really are some deluded folks on this forum.

Brazillian League > EPL?

ffs

Put Wigan in Brazil and they would walk the League.
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sun Jun 26, 2011 10:03 pm

Gil wrote:There really are some deluded folks on this forum.

Brazillian League > EPL?

ffs

South American football is quality! Michael-jordan-lol
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Jun 26, 2011 10:04 pm

Brazillian League > EPL?

ffs

South American football is quality! Gorillaneg1
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Sun Jun 26, 2011 10:07 pm

Brazillian League > EPL?

ffs

South American football is quality! Disapoint_man
He meant the quality of the football. You know, the flashy, technical American style which is very entertaining and easy on the eyes.

Nonsence. We all know Stoke is the antichrist of all Pure Football.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Sun Jun 26, 2011 10:19 pm

You really think those 124121 stopovers & no look passes Neymar and co attempt over there would work on the likes of Shawcross and Gary Caldwell?

I don’t know if Santos & Sao Paulo have ever gone to a place like the Britannia Stadium and suffered the kind of onslaught from Tony Pulis’ team of long throws and free-kicks or been up to a place like Blackburn or Wigan and been beaten up by their long ball into the box.

It would be interesting to see how Neymar, Ganso or Lucas etc would cope on a cold night at the Britiannia Stadium

Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Spencer Sun Jun 26, 2011 10:23 pm

I think Santos are really poor at hoofball, football is, however, a different prospect.
Lord Spencer
Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Ali Sun Jun 26, 2011 10:42 pm

to be honest, Brazilian teams really do play amazing, but the thing is they all play open attacking football against each other, which will obviously result in a lot of goals ( La Liga ) and there are a lot of special players which have developed incredible attacking skills because of that fact itself.
Ali
Ali
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by pdolson Sun Jun 26, 2011 10:52 pm

Gil wrote:You really think those 124121 stopovers & no look passes Neymar and co attempt over there would work on the likes of Shawcross and Gary Caldwell?

I don’t know if Santos & Sao Paulo have ever gone to a place like the Britannia Stadium and suffered the kind of onslaught from Tony Pulis’ team of long throws and free-kicks or been up to a place like Blackburn or Wigan and been beaten up by their long ball into the box.

It would be interesting to see how Neymar, Ganso or Lucas etc would cope on a cold night at the Britiannia Stadium

wtf are you trolling or are you andy gray

pdolson
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Sun Jun 26, 2011 11:13 pm

Santos would probably finish somewhere around 5th-7th in the EPL.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Yeezus Sun Jun 26, 2011 11:13 pm

fk all this, im watching the fwwc.

thats entertaining..

Yeezus
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Awesome Sun Jun 26, 2011 11:17 pm

Gil, this isn't Fifa, were players have an under 60 rating.

America CF would pwn Wigan & Stoke for breakfast.
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sun Jun 26, 2011 11:23 pm

How would caldwell and shawcross stop the step overs and no look passes of neymar and ganso?

i have seen greater player failing to stop no look passes in CL.

if being a quality side comes down to how well you will fare against shawcross then we need to organize an extra CL game, a final only stoke is guaranteed to play every season to test the wilt of the european champs.

that's the same logic that mocks spanish teams for being soft etc... same bs
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Sun Jun 26, 2011 11:33 pm

ali8775 wrote:to be honest, Brazilian teams really do play amazing, but the thing is they all play open attacking football against each other, which will obviously result in a lot of goals ( La Liga ) and there are a lot of special players which have developed incredible attacking skills because of that fact itself.
a lot of goals?the results are just as normal as the european leagues.

joke thread btw.Ask any Barca fan how easy it was to beat internacional in 06(oh wait barca lost) and estudiantes in their last CWCs.

Might as well ask liverpool fans how it was when sao paulo beat them in 05

Santos can beat any european team other than the obvious top teams like Man U,Real,Milan etc.
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Awesome Sun Jun 26, 2011 11:39 pm

Barca held back..........

I won't compare SA clubs to the Supergiants but I would to teams like, Porto, Valencia, Marseille, and Juventus. The very best are around that range.
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Sun Jun 26, 2011 11:47 pm

Brazillian League > EPL?

ffs

lol! I think we have seen that EPL teams can't deal with teams that play with technique. The premiership is starting to go back to the way it was before foreign import, hoof ball. Santos would wipe the floor with Wigan and stoke and I'm sure that we would have a hard time beating them. Let's see, Zenit beat us in the super cup after we won the CL in 08. After we won the Cl in 99, we went to south america, skipping the fa cup and we were embarrassed by them. We played Valencia, a team that was what, 3rd in la liga, a team that both Real and Barcelona smashed, they dominated us in both legs.

English teams can't deal with teams with tekkers, we struggle when teams keep the ball on the ground. Dark days lie ahead for us I'm afraid, the media are starting to see it. The national teams failure in the last few years coupled with the rise in prominence and Spain and Barcelona, the loss of Foreign players to other leagues. The marketing power of the EPL has been blinding people for years. Making the most money doesn't = best. It's taken Calciopoli to stop Series A dominance, yet they managed to win 2 Cls. Imagine if that happened to the EPL? We would be finished. Foreign players are starting to see it as well. No one wants to come to the EPL.

English football needs to move on tbh. Every league has had a revolution, Dutch league had Total football, Italy had Catenaccio and Saachi revolution with Milan, Spain had Cruyffs tiki taka philosophy which has been built upon and is now the basis of their national teams success on every level? What do we have? Nothing. Biased media, pundits that don't have a clue and a national team that feels that it is our God given right to win every tournament. If the sport was not invented by us, no one would dare call us favourites for anything. As with tennis, cricket, rugby and most sports we have created, we have been truly left behind, citing on past successes.

Last edited by jibers on Mon Jun 27, 2011 12:32 am; edited 1 time in total
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by awalezelin Mon Jun 27, 2011 12:08 am

there is no much different when the euro giants meet s.a giants
awalezelin
awalezelin
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Mon Jun 27, 2011 12:34 am

awalezelin wrote:there is no much different when the euro giants meet s.a giants

Barcelona struggled with Estudiantes in the CWC final in 09 after wiping the floor with Europe, they lost in the 06 CWC final, Liverpool couldn't hack it either, yet morons on this forum have the audacity to come out and say that Santos would get beaten by Wigan?
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next