fatman123
Forza
Hierro_4
11 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Western Sydney Wanderers Empty Western Sydney Wanderers

Post by Hierro_4 Mon Jun 25, 2012 7:13 am

Great news for western sydney football fans today with the unveiling of the latest team in the a-league that represents our region!

http://www.foxsports.com.au/football/a-league/new-a-league-club-to-be-revealed-as-western-sydney-wanderers-fc-to-play-at-parramatta-stadium/story-e6frf4gl-1226407684401

On the most significant day of announcements yet for the club, which will enter the competition in 2012-2013, the Wanderers also unveiled their striped black, white and red Nike playing strip and first player-signings.

Promising midfielder Aaron Mooy will join the club from Scottish side St Mirren while former Newcastle captain Tarek Elrich and exciting state league player Kwabena Appiah-Kubi were also unveiled.

More player-signings will be announced in the coming days and weeks as inaugural coach Tony Popovic assembles his squad from scratch.

Wanderers executive chairman Lyall Gorman described it as a landmark day for the club and said the team colours and logo had been decided upon after community engagement in fan forums and online surveys.

Gorman said the club would play "some" of it's game at Parramatta Stadium, with stadium negotiations still ongoing.

Campbelltown Stadium and Penrith's Centrebet Stadium have been mentioned as other potential venues.

Popovic said he was delighted his first three player signings were all western Sydney products.

"There are local players from the west which is great and it's something we're really trying to do here at Western Sydney, sign players everyone out here will be able to engage with," Popovic said.

Good rivalry next year on the cards if popo and his backroom staff can conjure up a competitive squad.

here's hoping to a good season! c'mon wanderers!!
Hierro_4
Hierro_4
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Western Sydney Wanderers Empty Re: Western Sydney Wanderers

Post by Forza Mon Jun 25, 2012 7:34 am

Welcome to the A-League and welcome to Goal Legacy, enjoy your stay!

Also, how come you've chosen to support the new club? just location? or are you disenchanted with Sydney FC?
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

Back to top Go down

Post by Hierro_4 Mon Jun 25, 2012 7:46 am

thanks for the welcome to the section rossoneri! i post very rarely in the madrid section.

Im from western sydney and have been to many of sydney fc's games but never really felt apart of them. in my opinion it had a bit of an elitist feel to it that didnt grab me. I like the direction of wsw and their willingness to bring in players that grew up in western sydney.

adelaide fan correct? sad to hear about the loss of funding with the sponsorship ruling.

be good to see how well wsw do with sponsorship and fans through the gate. i have a positive feeling about it if they do it the right way.

what are your thoughts on the latest venture?
Hierro_4
Hierro_4
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 Mon Jun 25, 2012 7:52 am

another A-league fan, Kizz will love this

welcome mate, feel free to post here
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:06 am

Expansion is good for the A-League if its managed correctly.

My thoughts on WSW are that it will be a success if the FFA do their marketing and financial organisation right. If they support the club properly, it will flourish given that people like yourself are very eager to support a local club that isn't old school NSL-related.

On the other hand, if the FFA neglect their responsibilities and leave the club out in the cold, like they've done to Gold Coast, North Queensland, etc. it will be another failure.
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:07 am

I like the logo too. More of a traditional style. Thumbs up
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaKizz Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:12 am

I like the idea for the logo and kit in trying to tap into a more authentic look, but the kit is pretty rubbish in my eyes.

Good to see there will be at least one fan Very Happy. I'll definitely be going for them in terms of the fact that they can help the A-League. People have to be patient with them though. They are going to get their asses handed to them by Brisbane for example.

Can't wait for the Sydney derby.
BarcaKizz
BarcaKizz
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Hierro_4 Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:38 am

haha i wont lie, im not looking forward to that brisbane game but the sydney game will be good!

i think the difference between wsw and the gc and northern queensland projects is the region. western sydney is the breeding ground of alot of our best players in the past and at this present time, whereas (correct me if im wrong) the gc and northern queensland have been quieter on that front.

theres also a massive fan base with a great population of families and football fans alike in the west... plus the benefit of not hiking it to moore park fortnightly is sure to win some people over!

First week of october should be entertaining!

Hierro_4
Hierro_4
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaKizz Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:58 am

Hierro_4 wrote:haha i wont lie, im not looking forward to that brisbane game but the sydney game will be good!

i think the difference between wsw and the gc and northern queensland projects is the region. western sydney is the breeding ground of alot of our best players in the past and at this present time, whereas (correct me if im wrong) the gc and northern queensland have been quieter on that front.

theres also a massive fan base with a great population of families and football fans alike in the west... plus the benefit of not hiking it to moore park fortnightly is sure to win some people over!

First week of october should be entertaining!

This is a great point, and one we've banged on about on here a few times. Why they let not one, but two bids succeed for teams north of Brisbane is beyond me. A complete fail and waste of time for the A-League. A second Victorian team and another NSW team was the only answer and Sydney is easily big enough for multiple clubs.

Considering the area that Sydney covers, the future of the A League should one day see even another Sydney club emerge. Or at least a South Coast team.

The FFA should be choosing football breeding grounds to base clubs in, and Western Sydney is the best one yet.

Mooy and Elrich are good players to start with, but a long, long way to go. Hopefully they can pull of Fabio Grosso. He would pull in plenty of Italian fans.
BarcaKizz
BarcaKizz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Sanchez Wed Jun 27, 2012 3:55 am

Wanderers have a tough draw coming up in the new season with Sydney third round apparently and Marniers first up.
The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by lszanto Mon Jul 23, 2012 12:08 pm

Stadium only half an hour away from me :bow:
lszanto
lszanto
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 Mon Jul 23, 2012 12:12 pm

Have they got a marquee signing yet?
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 Mon Jul 23, 2012 12:14 pm

paxtonpale wrote:Wanderers have a tough draw coming up in the new season with Sydney third round apparently and Marniers first up.

probably better that way, no matter who they play in the opening weeks they'll struggle, better they get hammered by the big boys early and towards the backend of the seaons when theyve developed some form and chemistry they play the wekaer sides
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by lszanto Mon Jul 23, 2012 12:14 pm

fatman123 wrote:Have they got a marquee signing yet?

Only became a fan about 2 minutes ago Cool but doesn't look like it. This Mooy kid sounds interesting, anybody know much about him?
lszanto
lszanto
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by lszanto Mon Jul 23, 2012 12:17 pm

The thing that really confuses me is our local "premier league" plays far better football than the a-league. They pass well, are physically and technically sound so I really don't get why the aleague isn't alot better than it currently is.
lszanto
lszanto
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by mr-r34 Tue Jul 24, 2012 1:13 pm

WSW should of signed Ali Abbas
mr-r34
mr-r34
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by Peccadillo Tue Sep 11, 2012 3:40 am

I'm an onlooker, living in Bankstown (represent :coffee:) - Will be interested following the WSW story. I have been to a couple of Sydney games. I came to Aus at the birth of the A-League when Yorke was signed and I remember the crowd was 20,000+... Then I went to a Brisbane game last year and the crowd had depleted.

Never really took to Sydney FC though - Looking forward to be a plastic fan of WSW Smile I wonder if they will be selling cheap season ticket's given they will be trying to build the fan base? Anyone heard anything about this?

Agree with Hierro about the regional thing. It will be great for grassroots level in the area also. There are a lot of talented players in this area for instance but no solid academy close by.

I play football in the Bankstown amateur PL and Sydney FC appear to be trying to claim the market - Offering free transport to Allianz Stadium. Cheeky buggers. Based on conversations I have had about it with people in this area though I think they will find Bankstown/much of Canterbury will pledge allegience to WSW though. Bankstown feel's a lot more a part of western Sydney than Eatern suburbs snobs Razz

Last edited by Peccadillo on Tue Sep 11, 2012 3:45 am; edited 1 time in total
Peccadillo
Peccadillo
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by lszanto Tue Sep 11, 2012 3:44 am

Peccadillo wrote:I'm an onlooker, living in Bankstown (represent :coffee:) - Will be interested following the WSW story. I have been to a couple of Sydney games. I came to Aus at the birth of the A-League when Yorke was signed and I remember the crowd was 20,000+... Then I went to a Brisbane game last year and the crowd had depleted.

Never really took to Sydney FC though - Looking forward to be a plastic fan of WSW though Smile I wonder if they will be selling cheap season ticket's given they will be trying to build the fan base? Anyone heard anything about this?

Agree with Hierro about the regional thing. It will be great for grassroots level in the area also.

I play football in the Bankstown amateur PL though - Sydney FC appear to be trying to claim the market in certauin areas though - Offering free transport to Allianz Stadium. Cheeky buggers. Based on conversations I have had about it with people in the area though I think they will find this area will be WSW fans. Bankstown feel's a lot more a part of western sydney than Eatern suburbs snobs Razz

Season ticket costs about $99 for a student or $199 for an adult. Pretty cheap for a student but too expensive for adults imo.

A few of my friends have bought membership but i'll probably just go to a few games, hopefully see Del Peiro play Very Happy
lszanto
lszanto
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Peccadillo Tue Sep 11, 2012 3:46 am

lszanto wrote:
Season ticket costs about $99 for a student or $199 for an adult. Pretty cheap for a student but too expensive for adults imo.

A few of my friends have bought membership but i'll probably just go to a few games, hopefully see Del Peiro play Very Happy

Yeah thats a huge jump... Yeah I might just go to the Melbourne, Sydney FC + Brisbane games.
Peccadillo
Peccadillo
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by lszanto Tue Sep 11, 2012 3:55 am

Peccadillo wrote:
lszanto wrote:

Yeah thats a huge jump... Yeah I might just go to the Melbourne, Sydney FC + Brisbane games.

Yeah likewise, I think the atmosphere will be pretty good for WSW simply cause the fans will be nuts Razz
lszanto
lszanto
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Tue Sep 11, 2012 5:24 am

$99 is pretty damn good for student season tickets.

Adelaide's is nearly twice as much at $189 for a concession ($231 for adult)
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by lszanto Tue Sep 11, 2012 5:48 am

Forza Rossoneri wrote:$99 is pretty damn good for student season tickets.

Adelaide's is nearly twice as much at $189 for a concession ($231 for adult)

Yeah students price is great but my friends seem to be split half/half between students and adults so alot arn't so keen.
lszanto
lszanto
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by mr-r34 Mon Oct 15, 2012 3:13 pm

Anyone a wanders fan. Got RBB season ticket. Weekend game should be f**king nuts.
mr-r34
mr-r34
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by mr-r34 Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:55 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gUMOjZZsIsc&feature=player_embedded#!

Better active support at a shopping center than some teams at their own stadium.
mr-r34
mr-r34
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by mr-r34 Sat Mar 02, 2013 1:51 pm

How good are the wanderers, COVIC a beast, saved our arse. The RBB was awesome, another away trip were we out sang the locals.

8 games in a row, Number 1 on and off the field.
mr-r34
mr-r34
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next