fatman123
Forza
Hierro_4
11 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Western Sydney Wanderers - Page 2 Empty Re: Western Sydney Wanderers

Post by mr-r34 Sat Mar 02, 2013 1:51 pm

How good are the wanderers, COVIC a beast, saved our arse. The RBB was awesome, another away trip were we out sang the locals.

8 games in a row, Number 1 on and off the field.

mr-r34
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Sun Mar 03, 2013 12:53 am

Pretty pleased with the WSW in their 1st season. They're one of those teams that wins, but at the same time, nobody hates them for it.
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

Back to top Go down

Post by mr-r34 Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:29 am

9 IN A ROW.

5 POINTS CLEAR.

Looking fairly impressive.
mr-r34
mr-r34
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:35 am

I really hope they win the final this year, it would be a great insentive for anyone looking to create another team.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by mr-r34 Sat Mar 16, 2013 7:18 pm

I dont think if you made another team they would be 1/8 as good as the wanderers or the rbb, everything just worked out for us, baffled me as to why western sydney was neglected for eight years when were the most multicultral place full of people with football backgrounds. just need a new owner now
mr-r34
mr-r34
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Sanchez Sat Mar 16, 2013 11:18 pm

Wanderers have really impressed me this season. They have gradually have become a very good side. Their pressing is very good and constantly win the ball back in their own half because they do it early. Not only that but they control a lot of possession. They don't waste possession but put on a few passes together which has been great to watch. Mooy and Ono leading the way in terms of keeping the ball... They have two wingers who have pace and skill that can get in behind the defense and put in a cross into the box as well as two different strikers that offer different elements on the plate. Dino provides an aerial presence for the long ball. Can hold the ball up and start the beginning of a counter attack as well as being a boost in terms of attacking and defending set pieces. Haliati is a better finisher than Dinho and is a more dangerous figure in the box in terms of shooting and link up play. Got the best centre back pairing in the comp. Topor who wins balls in the air or not he ground tackling. Key presence in terms of interceptions and tackling. Still struggles to keep up with play but his fullbacks, mids and centre back partner cover him. Beachamp has pace and a good distributor of the ball.

We play pretty much the same players week in, week out... I would like to see Popo to change up the line ups more often a test out some of the inexperienced guys like Tyson, Kubi, Minniecon, Gibbs, Elrich, Ciara, Trifiro etc. just to see what they offer on the plate.
The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by mr-r34 Sun Mar 17, 2013 2:28 am

"we" you a wanderers fan sanchez?
mr-r34
mr-r34
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Sanchez Mon Mar 18, 2013 2:33 am

Yeah I am. I'm part of the RBB in fact since January and have gone to every Wanderers game since including the away games though mostly I seem to be at the right place at the right time and get the away tickets lol.
The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by mr-r34 Mon Mar 18, 2013 3:04 am

Hahaha nice man, how did you find the heart game dude. Oh man how good is the RBB, gosford is still going through my head hahaha.

Was spewing i missed the victory game, oh well just gotta enjoy the jets game then i reckon.
mr-r34
mr-r34
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Sanchez Mon Mar 18, 2013 4:12 am

Hearts game was great! It was a shame that one of my mates got punched in the head by a Hearts fan Mad Terrible act and hopefully it was caught on camera.
Heart didn't know how to keep possession. As usual, Wanderers pressed their defense very quickly and narrow meaning alot of long balls by Colosimo allowing Topor Standley (get it) to win the ball and allow Wanderers to control possession. We didn't have as much possession without Ono and when Mooy came off, we let them have more of the ball (however we already in the lead and tried to defend it...).
As for the atmosphere, the Wanderers fans that came seem to be louder both in the stadium and even on the tele (according to my uncle) than the 7,000 or so Heart fans. The Wanderers as a fan base is growing and being in the finals and potentially a chance of winning the final, we will get more neutrals and committed Wanderers fans.

Won't be going to the Jets away game due to Easter plans which is a shame but I know their will be alot of fans going over there.
The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by mr-r34 Mon Mar 18, 2013 4:18 am

Man my S3 could create a louder atmosphere then heart fans, their awful. Why they added another Melbourne team like that is ridiculous, the ffa make some dumb choices at time.

Hope your mates ok, the word going round the guy got sorted so it's all good man, they should be able to catch him easy as considering he got caught out on camera, how great was the timing hahaha.

How awesome is dicko

mr-r34
mr-r34
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaKizz Mon Mar 18, 2013 5:36 am

Serious props... Tony Popovic :bow: So well organised. The defence is incredible.

Tbh I don't really find them entertaining but thats the last of their concerns in their first season. All they needed was a solid base... and my, have they done that.

Dicko: "Sporting story of the year." - Well said.
BarcaKizz
BarcaKizz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Sanchez Mon Mar 18, 2013 5:57 am

Punch was pretty good though wish he didn't target my mate haha. Yeah, just heard it on the news about an investigation being launched which is good to see. Shame I wasn't in the picture or video Laughing

Agree Kizz. Defense is very impressive. Best centreback pairing in the comp by a mile and a half. Two different players who offer differently on the field.
The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Mon Mar 18, 2013 6:50 am

Did any of you see the channel 9 news coverage of the WSW game though? You wouldn't even know who had won the game if you relied on them. Those channel 9 jerks are so shit scared that football (soccer) is going to destroy cricket and other football codes fanbases that all they reported on was that guy punching someone. Seriously, 5 minutes on that one idiot. FFA really have to step in and counter the negative publicity that channel 9 are creating.
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Sanchez Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:16 am

Forza, why would they need to be worried and take negative action about football taking over other sporting codes? Cricket, NRL, Rugby Union are the three main sports they televise and ATM all of them separately are doing much better than football is... Though saying that soccer is becoming a much more publicised sport due to the fact the WC is coming up and the star players coming through into the A-League...
The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:54 am

It is most definitely biased reporting and think it's a rather good explanation for their attempts to give soccer a negative reputation. I can't think of a better explanation. And when I say, "you wouldn't even know who won the game", I mean that they actually didn't bother with saying the result or scorers. Everybody knows that the A-league is an up and coming competition and I think channel 9 are trying to protect their investment.
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by mr-r34 Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:55 am

The Fact that we made history again and won 10 in a row, and they focused on some lil shit from the yarra who thinks his tuff.

The media are flogs, nothing more, we don't need to waste our time on them, end of the day, we all know once football is given the right chance it will prevail.

I just hope the FFA play it smart and don't try and do too much in terms of expanding untill they can ensure clubs will survive.

We prob wont see another successful launch like WSW ever again, only because it was the most neglected football area ever, still cant believe it took them this long.

Once most teams can avg above 10k, then they should expand.

mr-r34
mr-r34
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by mr-r34 Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:00 am

http://www.2ue.com.au/displayPopUpPlayerAction.action?&url=http%3A%2F%2Fmedia.mytalk.com.au%2F2ue%2Faudio%2F180313dickosarah.mp3

Dick rant, must listen hahah, gives it straight.
mr-r34
mr-r34
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by mr-r34 Sat Mar 23, 2013 12:44 pm

Oh jesus, queue the media field day after the derby.
mr-r34
mr-r34
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Juveman17 Sat Mar 23, 2013 4:40 pm

Was Del Piero the captain in the derby?
Juveman17
Juveman17
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

https://www.youtube.com/user/juveman176

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Sun Mar 24, 2013 3:00 am

I think Emerton was, but then he got sent off.
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Sanchez Sun Mar 24, 2013 9:44 am

Forza Rossoneri wrote:I think Emerton was, but then he got sent off.

Correct.
The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by mr-r34 Sun Mar 24, 2013 10:22 am

So far all i have seen is a 30 second report on 3 arrests. So surprised the media haven't jumped on this, so many bad incidents last night.
mr-r34
mr-r34
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Sun Mar 24, 2013 12:38 pm

mr-r34 wrote:So far all i have seen is a 30 second report on 3 arrests. So surprised the media haven't jumped on this, so many bad incidents last night.
I think WSW are soon to become media darlings for taking out a league in their first year of existence. This will go down in the history books.
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by mr-r34 Sun Mar 24, 2013 1:01 pm

It's not set yet, la rocca could be gone for the season, same as ono if scans are bad. polenz is nursing a injury right now same as mooy. If injuries hamper us were set for a bad end to a wonderful season.
mr-r34
mr-r34
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Sanchez Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:45 pm

La Rocca 4 match ban means he is out for the remaning on the season...
Jerome Polenz (quad), who sat out the match with the Sky Blues, is also expected to be fit for Western Sydney's home semi-final in the second week of the finals series.

Captain Michael Beauchamp (quad) and midfielder Aaron Mooy (knee), who were also unavailable for the Sydney derby, are expected to be fit for the match with the Jets.

Defender Adam D'apuzzo (foot) is the other injury worry for the A-League ladder leader. He is also likely to go for scans on Monday.
The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum: