Juve deny Siena-Destro pact

4 posters

Go down

Juve deny Siena-Destro pact Empty Juve deny Siena-Destro pact

Post by Juventude Thu Jun 21, 2012 1:55 pm

Juventus insist they have nothing to do with Siena’s decision to sign a half share in striker Mattia Destro.

The Tuscan outfit took up their option to net a 50 per cent cut in the player from Genoa, the club who were hoping to keep full control of him before moving him on to Inter.

“Destro has a profile that we like,” Old Lady director general Beppe Marotta told Sky Sport Italia. “We are following the situation, but we are not behind Siena’s stance.

“All we are doing is watching developments because we don’t know yet with which club we should negotiate with.

“We are not looking for stars or top players, we want those who can fit into the team who can make a difference today and tomorrow.

“Is Destro one of those? Yes.”

Destro, an Italian Under-21 international, scored 12 goals in the top flight during the 2011-12 campaign.

Juventus have been busy on the transfer market and the club have virtually done a deal to sign Sebastian Giovinco from Parma, while they are also trying to sell.

“Giovinco is ready to play for Juventus,” Marotta added. “However, it would not be right to compare him with Alex Del Piero.

“Sebastian was a player with potential and today he has become a reality. There are a few details to sort out with Parma, but I’m optimistic that a deal will be done soon.

“Felipe Melo and Eljero Elia? Melo is liked by clubs in Turkey, while we are still talking about Elia.”
Juventude
Juventude
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Juve deny Siena-Destro pact Empty Re: Juve deny Siena-Destro pact

Post by Juveman17 Thu Jun 21, 2012 2:21 pm

Have a feeling we wont get any good players........more depth
Juveman17
Juveman17
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

https://www.youtube.com/user/juveman176

Back to top Go down

Post by Juventude Thu Jun 21, 2012 2:52 pm

juveman17 wrote:Have a feeling we wont get any good players........more depth

I think Marotta is going to try very hard to get a quality CF. The rest of the players may very well be depth signings. I think Agnelli desperately wants a big name on the club to help raise our profile, which is one of the reasons he let Del P leave.

I don't know how sincere our interest is in Destro. Marotta may just be trying to complicate things for Inter, like they tried to do with Giovinco.
Juventude
Juventude
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Cotes Thu Jun 21, 2012 3:02 pm

juveman17 wrote:Have a feeling we wont get any good players........more depth

I believe they are trying real hard!
Cotes
Cotes
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassius Thu Jun 21, 2012 3:07 pm

I wouldn't mind Destro at Juve, looks to become a decent player in the future after all he's only 21 and playing in serie A, if he gets enough games under his belt and performs within 2-3 years we could have a real prospect. Even if we didn't need him anymore if he develops properly we could sell him for a decent profit or a swap deal for a better player. Young attacking players always seem to be worth more..

I feel like moratta sometimes Razz
Cassius
Cassius
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Juveman17 Thu Jun 21, 2012 3:32 pm

By the looks of it we won;t get Van Persie, Higuain, Cavani, or Suarez. Who else is left?
Juveman17
Juveman17
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

https://www.youtube.com/user/juveman176

Back to top Go down

Post by Juventude Thu Jun 21, 2012 3:41 pm

juveman17 wrote:By the looks of it we won;t get Van Persie, Higuain, Cavani, or Suarez. Who else is left?

I wouldn't count Higuain or RVP out yet. Suarez is probably not going to happen now that Gio is returning and we are set at SS. Cavani will probably cost too much, unless De Laurentiis will be tempted with cash and players like Melo and Matri.

Don't forget that there are other players that could be sold other than those four players. The summer has just started and just because the names that the media and fans rumored as targets may not happen, doesn't mean that Marotta won't target other players or that teams won't sell. A lot could change in the next two months.
Juventude
Juventude
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down