"There is no reason why a top player, a big champion would want a move to Serie A ''-Wenger

+50
Kaladin
futbol
FennecFox7
Milantildeath
Gemini
MrDeeds
RedOranje
jibers
leemhuis
Grande_Milano
Luca
Gomez83
TalkingReckless
gunner1987
Doc
The Franchise
Rossonero23
Lex
Arquitecto
Raptorgunner
Tifoso Romanista
BigBadBen
Ganso
BarrileteCosmico
mzamani
RobbyV
Tomwin Lannister
Onyx
Zealous
Eivindo
DuringTheWar
Swanhends
7amood11
Jack Daniels
spanky
REWB
Forza
Mr Nick09
urbaNRoots
halamadrid2
Kingofeverythingclassy
Great Leader Sprucenuce
S
dronte
kiranr
Sri
guest7
Dante
Cassius
Adit
54 posters

Page 9 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

"There is no reason why a top player, a big champion would want a move to Serie A ''-Wenger - Page 9 Empty Re: "There is no reason why a top player, a big champion would want a move to Serie A ''-Wenger

Post by gunner1987 Wed Jun 20, 2012 9:57 pm

Gomez83 wrote:The thing is, many clubs such this year are growing at such a fast rate, Chelsea, City with massive signings.. again and Arsenal is only going in a normal pace, Arsenal are still top 10, and will contend good in UEFA, but would be lucky to be third in the league 12/13 season, expect them to finish fourth.

City hasn't signed anyone have they? Unless I missed something...

Chelsea lost Drogba, Kalou, and Bosingwa. Granted adding Martin and hazard is huge, and if Hulk goes.. Not convinced Torres is ready to be the focal point of that attack though.

IF we add M'Villa and Giroud to the Podolski signing, and keep RVP, wilshere comes back healthy... I don't see how we couldn't be considered a contender for EPL/deep run in the CL.

gunner1987
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

"There is no reason why a top player, a big champion would want a move to Serie A ''-Wenger - Page 9 Empty Re: "There is no reason why a top player, a big champion would want a move to Serie A ''-Wenger

Post by Gomez83 Wed Jun 20, 2012 9:59 pm

gunner1987 wrote:
Gomez83 wrote:The thing is, many clubs such this year are growing at such a fast rate, Chelsea, City with massive signings.. again and Arsenal is only going in a normal pace, Arsenal are still top 10, and will contend good in UEFA, but would be lucky to be third in the league 12/13 season, expect them to finish fourth.

City hasn't signed anyone have they? Unless I missed something...

Chelsea lost Drogba, Kalou, and Bosingwa. Granted adding Martin and hazard is huge, and if Hulk goes.. Not convinced Torres is ready to be the focal point of that attack though.

IF we add M'Villa and Giroud to the Podolski signing, and keep RVP, wilshere comes back healthy... I don't see how we couldn't be considered a contender for EPL/deep run in the CL.

It is pretty safe to say City will sign, big as always this summer, I think Arsenal can contend for UEFA, but winning EPL seems out of the reach. Mind you when I watch EPL I only really root for Arsenal, so hopefully you prove me wrong.
Gomez83
Gomez83
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by mzamani Wed Jun 20, 2012 10:11 pm

7amood11 wrote:
mzamani wrote:Juve would demolish Arsenal? Based on what? The fact that they won serie a when it is at one of its lowest point. Plus i am pretty much sure that had Arsenal been in Serie A over the last 7 years, we would have won something, you can murder me all you like, but thats just true. Plus i do think Wenger meant a Serie A move would be a step up for RVP, trophy wise aside, which only testifies the difference in the hardness of both leagues.
Plus i am willing to make a sig bet that Arsenal would knock out Juve in a knock out tie, and will go further in the CL next season. Anyone?

If Milan can knock you guys out, we definitely can Razz.

I'll take that bet. If you lose, Juventus logo as your avatar for a month. If I lose, Arsenal logo as my avatar for a month. If both teams get knocked out in the same stage, nothing happens. Deal?

A bit late but Deal!!
mzamani
mzamani
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed Jun 20, 2012 11:45 pm

I have a question, wasnt Wenger mocking City in a similar fashion last year when talking about Nasri?
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Jun 20, 2012 11:50 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:I have a question, wasnt Wenger mocking City in a similar fashion last year when talking about Nasri?

I remember him mocking Barca with Cesc but not with Nasri and City.....

In other words never believe a word that comes out of Wenger's mouth....
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Grande_Milano Thu Jun 21, 2012 12:10 am

Wenger is right, if we are talking about money and hype. Trophees? I dunno. EPL state isnt as good as few years ago. Yo, and Chelsea was a fluke, you know it better than me Smile

Out of teams right now, the only competitive team from EPL is City, from Italy-Juventus. So pretty even if you ask me Very Happy
Grande_Milano
Grande_Milano
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Tifoso Romanista Thu Jun 21, 2012 12:15 am

Grande_Milano wrote:Wenger is right, if we are talking about money and hype. Trophees? I dunno. EPL state isnt as good as few years ago. Yo, and Chelsea was a fluke, you know it better than me Smile

Out of teams right now, the only competitive team from EPL is City, from Italy-Juventus. So pretty even if you ask me Very Happy

come on M8t Milan got slaughtered by the referee or they would have gone through Barcelona or Napoli just needed 1 or 2 defender to dominate Europe
Tifoso Romanista
Tifoso Romanista
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by leemhuis Thu Jun 21, 2012 12:15 am

Kingofeverythingclassy wrote:Look this is the UGLY TRUTH. Everyone knows this. Seria A is a dying league. What will happen the CHL money double & Seria A has only 2 guaranteed SPots & 1 Play-Offs.

Add to it the league is sunked in debt & with FFP coming in teams like Milan have to lower their wages substantially.

Seria A has had a massive fall. You know it. Its not a Huge League anymore. And it will get worse. Wait till FFP comes in,teams have no stadiums & other teams are profiting for it. And wait till there is 2 CHL spots + 1 Playoff.

CHL money will double & EPL,BL & LA LIGA teams will get more money will Seria A will get less from the CHL pot.

Worse thing is the TV deal. Seria A what is was years back is not that good now. I would not be surprised if the deal is valued lower or has 0 growth.

From what I have read, Serie A clubs, having waited so long to build their own stadiums, can look forward to a previously untapped source of revenue (game day and stadiun naming) that other leagues already are earning. And, since they are second and close to the EPL in annual TV revenue, once Serie A teams start collecting game day and stadium naming money it should improve profitability.

In euro per year.

EPL: 1.147.000.000

Serie A: 892.000.000

La Liga: 560.000.000

Bundesliga: 422.000.000

I don't mind the more equal division of TV revenue among Serie A clubs.
leemhuis
leemhuis
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu Jun 21, 2012 12:32 am

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
Mr Nick09 wrote:I have a question, wasnt Wenger mocking City in a similar fashion last year when talking about Nasri?

I remember him mocking Barca with Cesc but not with Nasri and City.....

In other words never believe a word that comes out of Wenger's mouth....

So he mocks teams when he feels insecure about losing a player? interesting... Laughing
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Thu Jun 21, 2012 12:35 am

When has Wenger mocked ANY team? Plenty of smack talk from the usual suspects, but little in terms of proof or evidence
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by Grande_Milano Thu Jun 21, 2012 12:36 am

Tifoso Romanista wrote:
Grande_Milano wrote:Wenger is right, if we are talking about money and hype. Trophees? I dunno. EPL state isnt as good as few years ago. Yo, and Chelsea was a fluke, you know it better than me Smile

come on M8t Milan got slaughtered by the referee or they would have gone through Barcelona or Napoli just needed 1 or 2 defender to dominate Europe

Talking future season mate, I am suspicious of Milan atm. We might not buy 2 players planned, and stuck in a situation with half-working midfield and no left defender.

Napoli is gone now
Grande_Milano
Grande_Milano
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Thu Jun 21, 2012 12:38 am

RVP a champion? Of what? That's the biggest question here that no one has answered.... scratch
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Thu Jun 21, 2012 12:43 am

It's like when Anderson fills out a CV and he lists his previous job as "footballer", even though he never really was
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Jun 21, 2012 12:43 am

Lex wrote:When has Wenger mocked ANY team? Plenty of smack talk from the usual suspects, but little in terms of proof or evidence

he Frenchman said: "We have not been in touch with Barcelona. "We have an official dinner before every European Cup game and of course there is a lot of talk but there is no official meeting about Cesc.

"There is no secret meeting because we do not want to sell our players and anyway I cannot see anybody who has a competitive edge going to Spain.

"They have two good teams, I confess that. But the third-placed team [Valencia] is 24 points behind.

"This weekend the players planned to go on strike because they are not paid. "It is a league that is in complete disarray. I don't know why you want absolutely the best players who play in England to go to Spain. If you are really competitive, you stay in England.

"That is where the competition is and that is where the best players want to be. I have so many calls from Spanish players who want to join us and want to come here.

"We want to keep this team together and improve from season to season. I believe we have made a big step forward considering last season and we want to do that again next season."

Fabregas' contract at the Emirates runs until 2014 and Wenger is angered by the constant speculation surrounding his captain.

He added: "Nobody puts a gun to your head when you sign a contract. We have more players who want to join us than players who want to leave us.

"It should be absolutely logical to you that a player who is paid as he is paid respects his contract. I respect my contract because I have loyalty to the players, so why should the players not respect theirs?

"We have gone for a policy of development of the team over a longer period.

"We have stood up for these young players so it is down to them to pay us back, stay together and show that we can be successful together."

:coffee:

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu Jun 21, 2012 12:46 am

Lex wrote:When has Wenger mocked ANY team? Plenty of smack talk from the usual suspects, but little in terms of proof or evidence

he Frenchman said: "We have not been in touch with Barcelona. "We have an official dinner before every European Cup game and of course there is a lot of talk but there is no official meeting about Cesc.

"There is no secret meeting because we do not want to sell our players and anyway I cannot see anybody who has a competitive edge going to Spain.

"They have two good teams, I confess that. But the third-placed team [Valencia] is 24 points behind.

"This weekend the players planned to go on strike because they are not paid. "It is a league that is in complete disarray. I don't know why you want absolutely the best players who play in England to go to Spain. If you are really competitive, you stay in England.

"That is where the competition is and that is where the best players want to be. I have so many calls from Spanish players who want to join us and want to come here.

"We want to keep this team together and improve from season to season. I believe we have made a big step forward considering last season and we want to do that again next season."

Fabregas' contract at the Emirates runs until 2014 and Wenger is angered by the constant speculation surrounding his captain.

He added: "Nobody puts a gun to your head when you sign a contract. We have more players who want to join us than players who want to leave us.

"It should be absolutely logical to you that a player who is paid as he is paid respects his contract. I respect my contract because I have loyalty to the players, so why should the players not respect theirs?

"We have stood up for these young players so it is down to them to pay us back, stay together and show that we can be successful together."

Laughing you are better in Iron Eyes Cody mode Lex Very Happy
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Thu Jun 21, 2012 12:47 am

Sorry, what team has he mocked there? scratch
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Jun 21, 2012 12:48 am

Lex wrote:Sorry, what team has he mocked there? scratch

Your right..... a whole league has been mocked instead Laughing
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Thu Jun 21, 2012 12:53 am

I'd hardly call that mocking to be honest
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Thu Jun 21, 2012 1:00 am

"I cant see anybody with a competitive edge going to Spain"

As I said earlier, Cesc doesn't have a competitive edge...thus his move to Barca
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Thu Jun 21, 2012 1:17 am

This page (namely the two posts above mine) make this entire thread worthwhile and awesome, if only for the avatars and monikers.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Thu Jun 21, 2012 1:18 am

"They have two good teams, I confess that. But the third-placed team [Valencia] is 24 points behind."

This weekend the players planned to go on strike because they are not paid. "It is a league that is in complete disarray. I don't know why you want absolutely the best players who play in England to go to Spain. If you are really competitive, you stay in England.

With Lex. Where is he mocking? I see no reason why those statements were not valid last summer Mole. Nor do I need to remind you how close this year's EPL was - which was competitiveness indeed, and in contrast with the traditional view of La Liga being a two horse race. Till Tottanic sank toward Feb, they were still in a race for the title. Then how is it not competitive? Ofcourse, there is a difference between saying 'most competitive' and 'best league in the world'.

And why wouldn't players from Spain want to come out of there? Not every one of them is going to be in the first team of Real Madrid or Barcelona and there is no denying how much talent is there in Spain. Wouldn't David Silva or Juan Mata have continued in Spain if RM or Barca could make space for them in their first team? When they can't, then there is nothing wrong in wanting to move to a team outside their league to have regular top level football. This wouldn't be the case if the other teams in La Liga were more, whats the word, competitive?

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Thu Jun 21, 2012 1:39 am

inderbaby wrote:I hate Arsenal with a passion, their fans are all the London dickhead hood rats that cant even speak standard english...no class...Wenger got lucky with the Invincibles coz the rest of the teams were playing shite, Wenger like Ranieri now...Always the bridesmaid, never the bride!

Laughing
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Thu Jun 21, 2012 1:42 am

Some Arsenal fans will never admit this, but Wenger has clearly lost his touch.
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Thu Jun 21, 2012 2:09 am

Forza Rossoneri wrote:Some Arsenal fans will never admit this, but Wenger has clearly lost his touch.

Thats one perspective. However, as I explained to halamadrid earlier in this thread, the truth of the matter is that Wenger has shown his 'touch' by doing well enough despite the many constraints and handicaps he has been faced with in these 8 trophyless years. And that is the perspective of the some Arsenal fans who have followed this club both on and off the pitch long enough to be aware of the situation at the club and in the boardroom.

The other people judge based on what they see/read/hear in the media, which is a more short-sighted, judgemental and sometimes downright cynical way of looking at it.

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Grande_Milano Thu Jun 21, 2012 3:19 am

Lets agree on one thing: he is not in position to say that. That d be totally acceptable if SAF sid it Smile

But when a coach of a team thats been trophyless since who knows how long, its pretty inadequate and comical hmm
Grande_Milano
Grande_Milano
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Thu Jun 21, 2012 3:32 am

What do trophies have to do with what Wenger is saying?
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next