nasir6371
urbaNRoots
The Lizard King
Kick
Babun
15 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Unbiased Top and Fail 11 of Group Stages - Page 2 Empty Re: Unbiased Top and Fail 11 of Group Stages

Post by S Sun Jun 17, 2012 9:30 pm

Marchisio and Pirlo have been the only shining lights in what has been an underwhelming campaign for Italy.

Still if you compare him with some of the midfielders of the other teams i think he's done better and he deserves a place in my opinion.

S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Unbiased Top and Fail 11 of Group Stages - Page 2 Empty Re: Unbiased Top and Fail 11 of Group Stages

Post by Babun Sun Jun 17, 2012 10:05 pm

I'm going to include Selassie for the RB spot. Sorry Juve fans but Marchisio doesn't deserve a spot over other performers. Maybe, he'll do something in the last matchday to warrant a spot.
Also, Agger performed better defensively than Mellberg.
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Sun Jun 17, 2012 11:39 pm

mellberg?! let me say this, he may have scored 2 goals, but he was at fault for at least 2 of england's goals.
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Sun Jun 17, 2012 11:42 pm

the first goal was Jonas Olsson's fault, and the third goal was Marcus Olsson's fault for letting Thionel rape him like that

Mellberg was a beast and got the MOTM award for a reason
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Jun 17, 2012 11:43 pm

There's no such thing as unbiased.... you are all bias in some way.

just wanted to say that lol, ill add mine when all group stage games are done.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Sun Jun 17, 2012 11:51 pm

halamadrid2 wrote:the first goal was Jonas Olsson's fault, and the third goal was Marcus Olsson's fault for letting Thionel rape him like that

Mellberg was a beast and got the MOTM award for a reason
I disagree with that and his MOTM award was given because of his goals. As a defender in a game where your team conceded 3 goals, you have to take some of the blame. Indeed, Mellberg was at least partially to blame for those. He was one of the 2 men marking Caroll at the time and he was unable to cut out the Walcott cross.
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Mon Jun 18, 2012 12:17 am

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:There's no such thing as unbiased.... you are all bias in some way.

just wanted to say that lol, ill add mine when all group stage games are done.
Unbiased in the sense of no trolling ( like opening a thread solely to bash CR7, Torres, RVP etc. ), pun or other similar intentions behind it. Of course, evaluation of footy players is subjective but we could discuss/ compare our opinions eco smile
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Mon Jun 18, 2012 12:20 am

if the MOTM was based on goals Thionel would've gotten it or Welbeck

at the time when Gerrard made the cross Jonas Olsson had Carroll, there was nobody else in the box so Mellberg only needed to make sure nobody else sneaked in, and Carroll header was from nearly the outside of the box so in no way could Mellberg have prevented that

Mellberg played next to Granqvist and Jonas Olsson next to Marcus Olsson, Thionel raped Marcus and cut it in, Welbeck went infront of Jonas to backheel it in, the only goal that was his fault was Shevas against us, Mellberg was given a 5/5(the only one) from the Swedish media so they agree as well
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Mon Jun 18, 2012 12:42 am

halamadrid2 wrote:if the MOTM was based on goals Thionel would've gotten it or Welbeck

at the time when Gerrard made the cross Jonas Olsson had Carroll, there was nobody else in the box so Mellberg only needed to make sure nobody else sneaked in, and Carroll header was from nearly the outside of the box so in no way could Mellberg have prevented that

Mellberg played next to Granqvist and Jonas Olsson next to Marcus Olsson, Thionel raped Marcus and cut it in, Welbeck went infront of Jonas to backheel it in, the only goal that was his fault was Shevas against us, Mellberg was given a 5/5(the only one) from the Swedish media so they agree as well

How could anyone else but Mellberg win MOTM if it was based on goals? He was the only one that scored 2 goals in that game. Anyway, that doesn't matter and neither does the 'Swedish media' who have somehow collectively given him a '5/5'.

Not only do I still maintain that he was at least partially at fault for those goals, there have been far better performances by defenders this euros. I think it's ridiculous that a defender on a team that has conceded 5 goals in 2 games can even be even considered a candidate for the best of the euros team.
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Mon Jun 18, 2012 1:19 am

again it wasn't his fault, however you put it none of the goals was due to him other than one Sheva header were he reacted late, you want him to be everywhere??? he is no superman you know

Also he only scored one the other was an own goal, my reference to the Swedish media was because they slated pretty much 98% of the team but gave him 5/5 even Ibra didn't get that, for those who know how the Swedish media behave would know what i mean

and i loled at your last part, just because he plays next to relegation candidates he can never be nominated for the best defender??? :brickwall:

Valencia concede as many goals as they score, does that mean Rami is a bad defender??? unbelievable
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Mon Jun 18, 2012 1:55 am

halamadrid2 wrote:again it wasn't his fault, however you put it none of the goals was due to him other than one Sheva header were he reacted late, you want him to be everywhere??? he is no superman you know

Also he only scored one the other was an own goal, my reference to the Swedish media was because they slated pretty much 98% of the team but gave him 5/5 even Ibra didn't get that, for those who know how the Swedish media behave would know what i mean

and i loled at your last part, just because he plays next to relegation candidates he can never be nominated for the best defender??? :brickwall:

Valencia concede as many goals as they score, does that mean Rami is a bad defender??? unbelievable
^this is clearly not what I said. Call up Mourinho and tell him to sign Mellberg, ok? Razz Razz Razz
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Wed Jun 20, 2012 7:56 am

bump, Ibra for CF. any other suggestions? :coffee:
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Wed Jun 20, 2012 7:59 am

Gerrard deserves a mention for TOP, and that Ukraine keeper for flop.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2