Champions League Group Stages :D

+10
Mp4krJuventino
Ion Creanga
Andrew
Cassius
lucianomoggi
DeviAngel
MMM
S
inderbaby
Cotes
14 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Champions League Group Stages :D Empty Champions League Group Stages :D

Post by Cotes Tue Apr 10, 2012 1:52 pm

Okay...by now I think it's fair to say that we are expecting Champions League football...
In the summer we will be getting a WORLD CLASS striker or two...
What team would you like to meet in the group stage?
To really see how good we are or do you guys want an easy group (like Man Utd got this term) where we are the clear favourite to finish on top & play it safe until the quarter finals if possible?

Me personally want to play in a decent group...
Not a clear cut favourite & not the group of death(although I wouldn't have a problem with the group of death)
I want one of either Madrid Or Man Utd in our group...Montpellier & maybe Porto or Benfica...idk

Group C
Juventus
Benfica
Manchester United
Montpellier

Seems a crazy group right there...would look forward to it...
what about you guys?
Cotes
Cotes
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 3597
Join date : 2011-08-30
Age : 32

Back to top Go down

Champions League Group Stages :D Empty Re: Champions League Group Stages :D

Post by inderbaby Tue Apr 10, 2012 2:04 pm

We will be returning to champions league after quite an absence bro so I will just be happy to qualify past the group stages and into the knockouts :shisha:

inderbaby
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 2271
Join date : 2011-06-13

Back to top Go down

Champions League Group Stages :D Empty Re: Champions League Group Stages :D

Post by Cotes Tue Apr 10, 2012 2:14 pm

inderbaby wrote:We will be returning to champions league after quite an absence bro so I will just be happy to qualify past the group stages and into the knockouts :shisha:

we will...
I'm beginning to think some of you guys think this is all luck & doesn't have full confidence we can compete at the highest level...
I see absolutely no reason to see why we can pass the group stages...
Let's use this year for example...put us in Napoli's spot in UCL (the group of death)
If Napoli could beat Man City & Villareal & draw with Bayern..
what could an improved Juve squad do when the current one beat Napoli 3-0?
Cotes
Cotes
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 3597
Join date : 2011-08-30
Age : 32

Back to top Go down

Champions League Group Stages :D Empty Re: Champions League Group Stages :D

Post by S Tue Apr 10, 2012 2:44 pm

Whichever group we are in would be the group of death imo because we are ranked 42 in the club co-efficient ranking that means we will be in pot 4.one thing is for sure is that we'll be in a very tough group.

And Cotes thats not a very good logic..Serie A and CL are two diverse entities.Completely different circumstances.

And Inder is spot on and i agree with him ,i'd be just happy to get out of the groups.We are returning to CL after a long time ,lets not overrate our team just yet.

Personally i wanna draw a PL team in the groups preferably Arsenal Very Happy
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus
Posts : 28518
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 32

Back to top Go down

Champions League Group Stages :D Empty Re: Champions League Group Stages :D

Post by MMM Tue Apr 10, 2012 3:10 pm

It will depend on Juve's form at the time of competition, many factors may affect the team.who knows what will happen till then... we must keep our feet on the ground
MMM
MMM
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 1071
Join date : 2011-07-13
Age : 39

Back to top Go down

Champions League Group Stages :D Empty Re: Champions League Group Stages :D

Post by DeviAngel Tue Apr 10, 2012 6:08 pm

Novara
Torino
Cesena
Juventus
Parma


for real Very Happy


Juventus
Barcelona
Plzen
BATE
Zenit
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 21324
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 124

Back to top Go down

Champions League Group Stages :D Empty Re: Champions League Group Stages :D

Post by lucianomoggi Tue Apr 10, 2012 6:12 pm

I want JUVENTUS to play against BARCELONA and show everyone JUVENTUS is the best in the world

but to win against them we need two world class strikers + NESTA + SEEDORF


lucianomoggi
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Juventus
Posts : 1542
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 39

Back to top Go down

Champions League Group Stages :D Empty Re: Champions League Group Stages :D

Post by lucianomoggi Tue Apr 10, 2012 6:14 pm

its terrible if you play against strongest side on champions league in final because there comes a higher pressure and fear

so I want BARCELONA and REAL MADRID be eliminated before the final game and to face someone like MAN UNITED or BAYERN at final

lucianomoggi
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Juventus
Posts : 1542
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 39

Back to top Go down

Champions League Group Stages :D Empty Re: Champions League Group Stages :D

Post by Cassius Tue Apr 10, 2012 6:59 pm

I would LOVE to face the hardest teams in the group stages!

Sick of people down talking Juventus, if we tear them a new arsehole i want Juve to finally be repected around here and if we lose, no shame in being beaten by the best aslong as the players give it their all.
Cassius
Cassius
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Juventus
Posts : 1536
Join date : 2012-01-18

Back to top Go down

Champions League Group Stages :D Empty Re: Champions League Group Stages :D

Post by S Tue Apr 10, 2012 7:54 pm

Pot 1 -Arsenal

Pot 2-Benfica

Pot 3-FC Schalke 04

Pot 4-Juventus

hmm affraid banana
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus
Posts : 28518
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 32

Back to top Go down

Champions League Group Stages :D Empty Re: Champions League Group Stages :D

Post by S Tue Apr 10, 2012 8:24 pm

I think this group i posted above wont be as terrifying as drawing one of Barca/RM and Man City together since they are in pot 3.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus
Posts : 28518
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 32

Back to top Go down

Champions League Group Stages :D Empty Re: Champions League Group Stages :D

Post by Andrew Tue Apr 10, 2012 8:29 pm

I don't care who we get. I just wish for a respectable run.

Andrew
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Juventus
Posts : 1180
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 33

Back to top Go down

Champions League Group Stages :D Empty Re: Champions League Group Stages :D

Post by Ion Creanga Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:51 pm

We are in pot 4? OMG the other teams in the group will be the unluckiest ever eco smile
Ion Creanga
Ion Creanga
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Juventus
Posts : 1256
Join date : 2012-02-19

Back to top Go down

Champions League Group Stages :D Empty Re: Champions League Group Stages :D

Post by Mp4krJuventino Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:13 pm

tuddor wrote:We are in pot 4? OMG the other teams in the group will be the unluckiest ever eco smile

I love that way of thinking about it. It isn't too bad we will have a rough time. More like too bad for all the "big" teams who have to face us .

Also i'm hoping for us to face off with one of Real/Barca/Mutd/Bayern to see if we really can compete on their level.

Mp4krJuventino
Prospect
Prospect

Posts : 99
Join date : 2011-06-06

Back to top Go down

Champions League Group Stages :D Empty Re: Champions League Group Stages :D

Post by zarola Tue Apr 10, 2012 11:43 pm

Cotes wrote:
inderbaby wrote:We will be returning to champions league after quite an absence bro so I will just be happy to qualify past the group stages and into the knockouts :shisha:

we will...
I'm beginning to think some of you guys think this is all luck & doesn't have full confidence we can compete at the highest level...
I see absolutely no reason to see why we can pass the group stages...
Let's use this year for example...put us in Napoli's spot in UCL (the group of death)
If Napoli could beat Man City & Villareal & draw with Bayern..
what could an improved Juve squad do when the current one beat Napoli 3-0?

I don't mean to bring your hopes down but it is partially down to luck. Both times you've played Inter they've been in a slump ( you managed to avoid that one month we actually had a bit of confidence lmao ), Milan had a poor start to the season and have been plagued from injuries. We've seen a lot of glimpses of a weak Juve throughout the season, yet through determination and belief you've managed to get through some poor games and pull off a result. While this may seem good now, I believe Conte's poor choice and timing of substitutions and starters will come back to haunt you, and teams like Bayern Munich, Real Madrid, Barcelona, etc. will punish you for any slip-ups you guys make.
zarola
zarola
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Juventus
Posts : 2364
Join date : 2011-06-06

Back to top Go down

Champions League Group Stages :D Empty Re: Champions League Group Stages :D

Post by Ion Creanga Wed Apr 11, 2012 12:09 am

We have the best defence, we have the third attack.. We are unbeaten.. We won almost all derbies (makes no excuses for Inter their form).. We passed milan in coppa italia, what do you want more? Should i remember that milan had 9 penalties, and us 1? Should i remember that milan beat no good team except Udinese in all their derbies? And still we don't deserve to be champions?


Ion Creanga
Ion Creanga
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Juventus
Posts : 1256
Join date : 2012-02-19

Back to top Go down

Champions League Group Stages :D Empty Re: Champions League Group Stages :D

Post by zarola Wed Apr 11, 2012 12:24 am

tuddor wrote:We have the best defence, we have the third attack.. We are unbeaten.. We won almost all derbies (makes no excuses for Inter their form).. We passed milan in coppa italia, what do you want more? Should i remember that milan had 9 penalties, and us 1? Should i remember that milan beat no good team except Udinese in all their derbies? And still we don't deserve to be champions?



never said you do or don't deserve to be champions. You've been the most consistent team in Serie A. Milan could've just as easily beaten you in the Coppa Italia, and in one regular season match... they were unlucky in both, not to take away from your performances though. I won't make excuses against Juventus, so disregard all of that.

Regardless of what you think or say, just as an outsider, your offense is absolutely shit and the only one who seems like a particular threat is ADP but he's riding the bench for no apparent reason. When I see my old Quagliarella back, I will be slightly more convinced. Your midfield is astonishing, and your defense is great but not unstoppable, Chiellini is prone to slip ups particularly as a left back, and Bonucci is consistently prone to slip ups but he seems to be ever improving.
zarola
zarola
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Juventus
Posts : 2364
Join date : 2011-06-06

Back to top Go down

Champions League Group Stages :D Empty Re: Champions League Group Stages :D

Post by lucianomoggi Wed Apr 11, 2012 1:53 am

zarola wrote:
tuddor wrote:We have the best defence, we have the third attack.. We are unbeaten.. We won almost all derbies (makes no excuses for Inter their form).. We passed milan in coppa italia, what do you want more? Should i remember that milan had 9 penalties, and us 1? Should i remember that milan beat no good team except Udinese in all their derbies? And still we don't deserve to be champions?



never said you do or don't deserve to be champions. You've been the most consistent team in Serie A. Milan could've just as easily beaten you in the Coppa Italia, and in one regular season match... they were unlucky in both, not to take away from your performances though. I won't make excuses against Juventus, so disregard all of that.

Regardless of what you think or say, just as an outsider, your offense is absolutely shit and the only one who seems like a particular threat is ADP but he's riding the bench for no apparent reason. When I see my old Quagliarella back, I will be slightly more convinced. Your midfield is astonishing, and your defense is great but not unstoppable, Chiellini is prone to slip ups particularly as a left back, and Bonucci is consistently prone to slip ups but he seems to be ever improving.


how can you criticize CHIELLINI? are you insane or what?


lucianomoggi
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Juventus
Posts : 1542
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 39

Back to top Go down

Champions League Group Stages :D Empty Re: Champions League Group Stages :D

Post by DeviAngel Wed Apr 11, 2012 5:11 am

Keep it civil Zarola is great poster
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 21324
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 124

Back to top Go down

Champions League Group Stages :D Empty Re: Champions League Group Stages :D

Post by zarola Wed Apr 11, 2012 6:03 am

lucianomoggi wrote:
zarola wrote:
tuddor wrote:We have the best defence, we have the third attack.. We are unbeaten.. We won almost all derbies (makes no excuses for Inter their form).. We passed milan in coppa italia, what do you want more? Should i remember that milan had 9 penalties, and us 1? Should i remember that milan beat no good team except Udinese in all their derbies? And still we don't deserve to be champions?



never said you do or don't deserve to be champions. You've been the most consistent team in Serie A. Milan could've just as easily beaten you in the Coppa Italia, and in one regular season match... they were unlucky in both, not to take away from your performances though. I won't make excuses against Juventus, so disregard all of that.

Regardless of what you think or say, just as an outsider, your offense is absolutely shit and the only one who seems like a particular threat is ADP but he's riding the bench for no apparent reason. When I see my old Quagliarella back, I will be slightly more convinced. Your midfield is astonishing, and your defense is great but not unstoppable, Chiellini is prone to slip ups particularly as a left back, and Bonucci is consistently prone to slip ups but he seems to be ever improving.


how can you criticize CHIELLINI? are you insane or what?

yes I am crazy. Ever since his awful world cup I've never been able to look at him in the same way, I always notice the little errors he makes nowadays, I'm hesitant to believe in his abilities at the moment. And don't use the excuse that Sciacca used where he said "oh but every Italian player had an awful world cup" - not true, and even if it were true - not a good excuse. he cost us all 3 goals against slovakia ffs
zarola
zarola
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Juventus
Posts : 2364
Join date : 2011-06-06

Back to top Go down

Champions League Group Stages :D Empty Re: Champions League Group Stages :D

Post by Joe Wed Apr 11, 2012 6:16 am

That's completely wrong. Chiellini was solid, Canavaro was a complete mess. He left so many holes in our back line and Slovakia, and the other teams, punished us for that.

Chiellini + Barzagli (Juve & Italy's start CB pair) have the best defensive record in Europe right now.

Chiellini is a top defender, he was paired with Canavaro, in which Chiellini always had to be panicking and covering his mistakes.
Joe
Joe
Prospect
Prospect

Posts : 173
Join date : 2011-06-06

Back to top Go down

Champions League Group Stages :D Empty Re: Champions League Group Stages :D

Post by zarola Wed Apr 11, 2012 6:31 am

Joe wrote:That's completely wrong. Chiellini was solid, Canavaro was a complete mess. He left so many holes in our back line and Slovakia, and the other teams, punished us for that.

Chiellini + Barzagli (Juve & Italy's start CB pair) have the best defensive record in Europe right now.

Chiellini is a top defender, he was paired with Canavaro, in which Chiellini always had to be panicking and covering his mistakes.



first goal: chiellini leaves his position to try to cover De Rossi, and fails an interception, the pass slides through the gap Chiellini created... there was no need for him to make that challenge, and with Marchetti in net, the ball slides in.

2nd goal, off the corner, again.. you can't blame anyone but Chiellini and Marchetti, it's literally no one else's fault this time.

3rd goal: it was chiellini's terrible backpass to Marchetti which forced him to do the only useful thing he did in the world cup which was save a corner. unfortunately the ball slips between chiellini and cannavaro and someone else, and marchetti fails again.
zarola
zarola
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Juventus
Posts : 2364
Join date : 2011-06-06

Back to top Go down

Champions League Group Stages :D Empty Re: Champions League Group Stages :D

Post by S Wed Apr 11, 2012 8:28 am

Zarola why do you need to go back to WC 2010 ?Move on man.

And tbf Cannavaro was absolute shit in the WC,Chiellini was the only impressive defender in the backline.I think anyone could see that.Criscito had a terrible first game and Zambrotta was poor too.

I remember when i finished watching Italy vs Paraguay i said to myself ,why doesnt Lippi just drop Cannavaro cuz for me he was an obvious liability in the backline.

Dont be so harsh on Chiellini ,concentration lapses aside ,he is a mosnter defender he does have few off games here and there but he more than makes up for it by delivering MOM perfomances for the team too.

Just look how easily he shut down Lavezzi(He was the one marking Lavezzi) when we faced Napoli.

There's a stable defense right now in the form of players like Barzagli ,Lichtsteiner and ever improving players like Bonucci and De Ceglie.with all the defensive support he's got around his perfomances has just got better by the season and you have to admit that.Stable defensive partners are essential you know,Its hard to be a one man show in the backline all the time.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus
Posts : 28518
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 32

Back to top Go down

Champions League Group Stages :D Empty Re: Champions League Group Stages :D

Post by Ion Creanga Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:01 am

zarola wrote: While this may seem good now, I believe Conte's poor choice and timing of substitutions and starters will come back to haunt you, and teams like Bayern Munich, Real Madrid, Barcelona, etc. will punish you for any slip-ups you guys make.

OMG... Conte's choices and substitutions made us score 69% of our goals after break (even better than MAn utd)..

And about Chiellini.. Keep in mind how well he played against greatest serie a strikers Ibra and Cavani.. How many goal chances created those 2?


Last edited by tuddor on Wed Apr 11, 2012 1:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ion Creanga
Ion Creanga
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Juventus
Posts : 1256
Join date : 2012-02-19

Back to top Go down

Champions League Group Stages :D Empty Re: Champions League Group Stages :D

Post by S Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:08 am

tuddor wrote:We are in pot 4? OMG the other teams in the group will be the unluckiest ever eco smile


You think like Conte indeed eco smile
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus
Posts : 28518
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 32

Back to top Go down

Champions League Group Stages :D Empty Re: Champions League Group Stages :D

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum