danyjr
nasir6371
BarcaKizz
Tifoso Romanista
leemhuis
22 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

42% of Spaniards would make a deal to elminate Italy Empty 42% of Spaniards would make a deal to elminate Italy

Post by leemhuis Thu Jun 14, 2012 11:59 pm

http://www.gazzetta.it/openxlink-4.shtml?http://www.marca.com/debate/2012/06/2500/prevotaciones2500.html
leemhuis
leemhuis
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

42% of Spaniards would make a deal to elminate Italy Empty Re: 42% of Spaniards would make a deal to elminate Italy

Post by Tifoso Romanista Fri Jun 15, 2012 5:16 am

Rolling Eyes someone deleted my thread , i know 2-2 is the result of Spain Vs Croatia , i want to bet on that , at least i can make some money out of those ......... people
Tifoso Romanista
Tifoso Romanista
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

42% of Spaniards would make a deal to elminate Italy Empty Re: 42% of Spaniards would make a deal to elminate Italy

Post by BarcaKizz Fri Jun 15, 2012 5:30 am

Tifoso Romanista wrote: Rolling Eyes someone deleted my thread , i know 2-2 is the result of Spain Vs Croatia , i want to bet on that , at least i can make some money out of those ......... people

Your thread was merged with the other one discussing the same thing and the possibility of Italy going out.
BarcaKizz
BarcaKizz
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by nasir6371 Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:12 am

Of all WHY SHOULD Spain even think about a TIE???

If italy win they will have 5 points and HOW STUPID would Spain look when in the 89th min Croatia scores on a corner and THEY GET ELIMINATED.

I full expect spain to steamroll croatia and Modric with +Football. Spain 3-0 Croatia

1. Spain 7
2. Italy 5
3. Croatia 4
4. Ireland 0
nasir6371
nasir6371
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by leemhuis Fri Jun 15, 2012 11:37 am

nasir6371 wrote:Of all WHY SHOULD Spain even think about a TIE???

If italy win they will have 5 points and HOW STUPID would Spain look when in the 89th min Croatia scores on a corner and THEY GET ELIMINATED.

I full expect spain to steamroll croatia and Modric with +Football. Spain 3-0 Croatia

1. Spain 7
2. Italy 5
3. Croatia 4
4. Ireland 0

It is assumed that the two teams agree to a 2-2 draw and that neither team would try to win as both would go through with a 2-2 draw. It happened in 2004 when two Scandinavian teams agreed to eliminate Italy by drawing 2-2.
leemhuis
leemhuis
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Fri Jun 15, 2012 11:51 am

I personally believe del Bosque is too an honourable man to cause such controversy. He will set his team to win, as always.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by :{Mr.Mustachio! Fri Jun 15, 2012 2:15 pm

I can see why the Spanish wouldn't relish having to face Italy again, but i'd like to think they wouldn't be that underhanded.
:{Mr.Mustachio!
:{Mr.Mustachio!
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Awesome Fri Jun 15, 2012 2:44 pm

If Italy wins with +3 goal difference Italy won't need to depend on what happens with Croatia vs Spain.

Marca :facepalm:
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Fri Jun 15, 2012 4:53 pm

Spain would go 1st if they tie, and they would eliminate Italy... I can see the appeal, but I don't think they would make a deal.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by lenear1030 Fri Jun 15, 2012 4:58 pm

Proposed match fixing not in favor of Italians.....

DAT IRONY.
lenear1030
lenear1030
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Ion Creanga Fri Jun 15, 2012 5:13 pm

if 2-2 is the result than we are watching the most hypocrite sport. All planet would watch a joke.. I still belive for the best of this sport not to finish 2-2... Very Happy How can Croatia score 2 goals against spain in a normal game if they wouldn't have the ball all game?

If Italy would be eliminated this way, I still belive it's Italy's fault for not winning one of the 2 games played... But than this sport loses all credibility.
Ion Creanga
Ion Creanga
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by leemhuis Fri Jun 15, 2012 7:43 pm

Lord Hispano wrote:If Italy wins with +3 goal difference Italy won't need to depend on what happens with Croatia vs Spain.

You should read the rules. If Spain-Croatia is a draw of more than 1-1, Italy can score 100 goals against Ireland and will still be eliminated.
leemhuis
leemhuis
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:00 pm

Italy just needs to focus on beating Ireland

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Rossonero23 Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:22 pm

italy are *bleep*.

the fix is in! Smile

i think ireland might surprise italy anyway.
Rossonero23
Rossonero23
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by 7amood11 Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:38 pm

I don't see why Spain or Croatia will look forward to getting a 2-2 draw.

Croatia would want to get a win to finish top of the group and avoid facing the toughest team in Group D.

And if Croatia are intent on doing that then Spain won't be too keen on settling for a draw in fear of Croatia snatching a last-minute winner that eliminates them from the group.
7amood11
7amood11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Eivindo Sun Jun 17, 2012 12:44 pm

Lets hope football wont look as credible as the cycling sport after this match. I can see 2-2 being a joy for most countries, as they dont have to face Italy.
Eivindo
Eivindo
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Sun Jun 17, 2012 1:14 pm

I don't understand how a 2-2- draw would eliminate Italy.

The rules of the EURO 2012 group stages are that you decide the teams position on the following:

1. Points
2. Head to head
3. Goal difference.

Italy would have the same points as both Croatia and spain, the head to head of all 3 teams would be equal as each team drew with the other, and if Italy had say +3gd and Croatia had +2 gd then why would Italy not go through?
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan28 Sun Jun 17, 2012 1:50 pm

No, only if Spain and Crotia draw 1-1 with a Italy win would Italy go through. Head to head is decided by results between the teams involved and if their all similar scoreline draws, like this scenario where Italy vs Spain was 1-1 and Italy vs Crotia was 1-1, then the two teams who scored the most goals amongst each other go through, thats why 2-2 and above means Crotia and Spain go through, as in the 3 team table Italy would have 2 goals against Spain and Croatia, whilst Spain and Croatia would have 3+ goals against Italy and Croatia/Spain

Remember back to last night. Greece scored to go level on points with Czech republic and Russia, now, at that point Russia and Greece were going through(with russia first in the group) due to goal difference because czech beat greece 2-1, russia beat czech 4-1 and greece were beating russia 1-0.

The moment czech scored and went above both teams though, greece instantly had a better head to head then russia due to them winning at the time, which kicked russia out.
Jonathan28
Jonathan28
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan28 Sun Jun 17, 2012 1:55 pm

Basically Italy has to hope Spain and Croatia draw 1-1 at the most and they win so that the head to head is the same and then goal difference is used, but still, croatia have a goal difference if +2 and Italy 0.
Jonathan28
Jonathan28
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Sun Jun 17, 2012 1:58 pm

Use this to calculate all possible scenarios...
http://www.kicker.de/news/fussball/em/startseite/europameisterschaft/2012/1/tabellenrechner.html

(credit to buddytalker in the Portugal v Netherlands thread)
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Sun Jun 17, 2012 2:10 pm

Jonathan28 wrote:No, only if Spain and Crotia draw 1-1 with a Italy win would Italy go through. Head to head is decided by results between the teams involved and if their all similar scoreline draws, like this scenario where Italy vs Spain was 1-1 and Italy vs Crotia was 1-1, then the two teams who scored the most goals amongst each other go through, thats why 2-2 and above means Crotia and Spain go through, as in the 3 team table Italy would have 2 goals against Spain and Croatia, whilst Spain and Croatia would have 3+ goals against Italy and Croatia/Spain

Remember back to last night. Greece scored to go level on points with Czech republic and Russia, now, at that point Russia and Greece were going through(with russia first in the group) due to goal difference because czech beat greece 2-1, russia beat czech 4-1 and greece were beating russia 1-0.

The moment czech scored and went above both teams though, greece instantly had a better head to head then russia due to them winning at the time, which kicked russia out.

Alright thank you. I think that is a stupid system personally. Judging head to head on who scored more goals in a draw makes little sense seeing as they also conceeded more against each other.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by white_star Sun Jun 17, 2012 5:25 pm

leemhuis wrote:
nasir6371 wrote:Of all WHY SHOULD Spain even think about a TIE???

1. Spain 7
2. Italy 5
3. Croatia 4
4. Ireland 0

It is assumed that the two teams agree to a 2-2 draw and that neither team would try to win as both would go through with a 2-2 draw. It happened in 2004 when two Scandinavian teams agreed to eliminate Italy by drawing 2-2.

Lol they didn't actually plan it because it was never proved. So your conspiracy theory is your opinion with no credibility behind it. If you want to look at cheating scum look no further then italien football because it has been proven there, so please don't insult Scandinavians based on your bedtime story!

Lord Hispano wrote:If Italy wins with +3 goal difference Italy won't need to depend on what happens with Croatia vs Spain.

Italy winnin by 3+ goals lmao come on man let's not teach a pig how to fly because it not going to happen.
white_star
white_star
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Shakhtar Donetsk

Back to top Go down

Post by leemhuis Mon Jun 18, 2012 12:02 am

[/quote]they didn't actually plan it because it was never proved [/quote]

Whether it is proven or not does determine whether or not they planned to draw. There was never an investigation. Just like the Germany Austria match fixing in 1982 that eliminated Algeria. Everyone knows there was a deal, but it's never been proven.
leemhuis
leemhuis
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Cotes Mon Jun 18, 2012 12:12 am

tuddor wrote:if 2-2 is the result than we are watching the most hypocrite sport. All planet would watch a joke.. I still belive for the best of this sport not to finish 2-2... Very Happy How can Croatia score 2 goals against spain in a normal game if they wouldn't have the ball all game?

If Italy would be eliminated this way, I still belive it's Italy's fault for not winning one of the 2 games played... But than this sport loses all credibility.

dude, where did u get Usain Bolt from in an Italian Jersey?
+1 for ur sig. Smile
Cotes
Cotes
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:52 pm

42% of Spaniards would make a deal to elminate Italy 1340031169_extras_noticia_foton_7_1

hmm
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next