From Real Madrid's saviour to Portugal's satan: how the mighty has fallen.

+12
Harmonica
S32TABLANCA
Dnmac4
Doc
Onyx
SaintJoe
Lord Hades
Mr Nick09
billionmillion
Gomez83
Lex
emassy
16 posters

Go down

From Real Madrid's saviour to Portugal's satan: how the mighty has fallen. Empty From Real Madrid's saviour to Portugal's satan: how the mighty has fallen.

Post by emassy Wed Jun 13, 2012 7:09 pm

His poor scoring form started very late last season and that made him lack far behind messi in the scoring charts and that has not ended in euros. Ronaldo needs to do better or face losing the baloon d'or to messi the forth time.
emassy
emassy
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

From Real Madrid's saviour to Portugal's satan: how the mighty has fallen. Empty Re: From Real Madrid's saviour to Portugal's satan: how the mighty has fallen.

Post by Lex Wed Jun 13, 2012 7:10 pm

He'll go back to Madrid, where he's surrounded by millions of euros worth of talent who spoon feed him and his shite Euro performance will be forgotten
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

From Real Madrid's saviour to Portugal's satan: how the mighty has fallen. Empty Re: From Real Madrid's saviour to Portugal's satan: how the mighty has fallen.

Post by Gomez83 Wed Jun 13, 2012 7:13 pm

He's already lost Balon D' Or, Messi has scored more than Ronaldo in international level in just the Brazil game, let alone assists that is if international play is the tie breaker that most people claim.
Gomez83
Gomez83
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by billionmillion Wed Jun 13, 2012 7:16 pm

actually he always was flop at 1 vs 1 with goalkeepers. if no some long shoots or tap-ins he will not score
billionmillion
billionmillion
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed Jun 13, 2012 7:21 pm

Gomez83 wrote:He's already lost Balon D' Or, Messi has scored more than Ronaldo in international level in just the Brazil game, let alone assists that is if international play is the tie breaker that most people claim.
oh i didnt know the Copa America was taking place this summer too!!
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Hades Wed Jun 13, 2012 7:26 pm

that spoonful of talent thing is bs ,he gets similiar chances at madrid what he got tonight, he may have choked tonight but doesnt for us and thats what i care about really
Lord Hades
Lord Hades
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Gomez83 Wed Jun 13, 2012 7:26 pm

This year hasn't been good for Ronaldo and Portugal.
Gomez83
Gomez83
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by SaintJoe Wed Jun 13, 2012 7:28 pm

Gomez83 wrote:This year hasn't been good for Ronaldo and Portugal.

It was a pretty good year for Ronaldo tbh. Much better than last year at least.

And Portugal has been fine. Unless we can't get past the group. That would be bad.
SaintJoe
SaintJoe
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Schalke 04

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Wed Jun 13, 2012 7:30 pm

Even if he scored goals Messi is still the better player.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed Jun 13, 2012 7:41 pm

billionmillion wrote:actually he always was flop at 1 vs 1 with goalkeepers. if no some long shoots or tap-ins he will not score

yeah reminds me the last clasico when he choked in front of Valdes, hmm, yeah, i remember now.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Wed Jun 13, 2012 7:46 pm

The man had a piss poor match and deserves every bit of criticism or my new term "The Torres Treatment".
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by billionmillion Wed Jun 13, 2012 8:43 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:
billionmillion wrote:actually he always was flop at 1 vs 1 with goalkeepers. if no some long shoots or tap-ins he will not score

yeah reminds me the last clasico when he choked in front of Valdes, hmm, yeah, i remember now.
even in that moment he behaved like a newbie. luckily it was goal and we didnt see his mistake
billionmillion
billionmillion
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Wed Jun 13, 2012 8:45 pm

Look, I don't care if he had a bad game. He made some good runs got in position to finish off some goals and maybe even have a hat trick but he was just really off today. He had a bad game finishing but he did make good runs and got himself in position to blow Denmark out of the stadium.

I don't want to hear this crap that his team sucks at Portugal anymore because that was never true only a fool would have ever believed it and it's showing out in this tournament. They have a lot of quality he is just playing well until the finish it looks like he is just holding on a little too tight.

What I do care about is his attitude. It sucks. I don't even know if he made it over to Varela to say congrats to him. HE should be sprinting over there as he was the closest person to him and that was a massive goal to maybe get them out of the hardest group in the tournament and beat a very very good team.

After the game he was just hanging around by himself pouting while his team was going nuts as they should be. Not to mention the pathetic poaching he tried in the last 3 minutes of the game to get his name on the score sheet.

I mean it's just so selfish and I know that when you have a bad game your angry at your self but when it comes to playing for your country fake it if you have to.

Who cares you won and after your two not so stellar performances so far your teammates who get crushed and blamed in the media for your bad performances bailed you out and you have your tournament life in your hands now. Have a good third game and your threw.

You were about to be done and out had Varela not scored that peach of a goal, which BTW will probably be the highlight of this kids whole football career. Who cares if it wasn't Ronaldo, stop being so selfish it really shows when playing for Portugal and that's the one place it shouldn't. It's your country for god sakes.

At least put a happy face on for the camera's and interact with your team then in the locker room go break some shit if you want to.

It just really rubs me the wrong way and I like him as a player.
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by S32TABLANCA Wed Jun 13, 2012 10:06 pm

Lex wrote:He'll go back to Madrid, where he's surrounded by millions of euros worth of talent who spoon feed him and his shite Euro performance will be forgotten

Where were you when he was dragging us singlehandedly to the league title, scoring screamer after screamer against big clubs in difficult grounds to stop us from choking spectacularly?
S32TABLANCA
S32TABLANCA
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Gomez83 Wed Jun 13, 2012 10:07 pm

S32TABLANCA wrote:
Lex wrote:He'll go back to Madrid, where he's surrounded by millions of euros worth of talent who spoon feed him and his shite Euro performance will be forgotten

Where were you when he was dragging us singlehandedly to the league title, scoring screamer after screamer against big clubs in difficult grounds to stop us from choking spectacularly?
Your team without his goals still maintains first place, Benz, and Gonzalo can fill the void without Ronaldo.
Gomez83
Gomez83
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Wed Jun 13, 2012 10:09 pm

Real Madrid's saviour? Laughing
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by S32TABLANCA Wed Jun 13, 2012 10:21 pm

Gomez83 wrote:
S32TABLANCA wrote:

Your team without his goals still maintains first place, Benz, and Gonzalo can fill the void without Ronaldo.

The table you are referring to took out Messi from Barca too. No, I love to boast that Real Madrid is not dominant on any one man, but Ronaldo did save us. For sure. 100%. Without him, we would not have won the league title, its quite simple. Now Im not defending his performances in the Portugese shirt, which have disappointed me, or saying he didnt have an absolute shocker today, but belittling his Real Madrid performances isnt really fair.
S32TABLANCA
S32TABLANCA
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Gomez83 Wed Jun 13, 2012 10:23 pm

S32TABLANCA wrote:
Gomez83 wrote:
S32TABLANCA wrote:

The table you are referring to took out Messi from Barca too. No, I love to boast that Real Madrid is not dominant on any one man, but Ronaldo did save us. For sure. 100%. Without him, we would not have won the league title, its quite simple. Now Im not defending his performances in the Portugese shirt, which have disappointed me, or saying he didnt have an absolute shocker today, but belittling his Real Madrid performances isnt really fair.
Eh, in a none trolling tone, I honestly view CR7 as just another player in the Madrid history, sure he scores more goals then people in the past but not really a big changer. Now before the other fans rage on here, I'm aware he bailed out Madrid in a match or two but season changing player? no, not at all. A season changing player would be Van Persie for Arsenal or Messi for Barcelona, etc etc.
Gomez83
Gomez83
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by harhar11 Wed Jun 13, 2012 10:26 pm

Seems that ronaldo is getting butthurt that everyone is screaming "messi" to him Laughing
Ronaldo: Last year at this stage Messi had been eliminated from the Copa America Source Marca

Why da f#ck does he have a dig at Messi when its not Messis fault that people chant "messi" at him and Messi has always been respectful towards ronaldo? And Messi wasnt elimnated at this stage last season. Argentina was eliminated by the eventual champions on penalties and while Messi was by far Argentinas best player at the Copa America, ronaldo might actually have a claim at being Portugals worst player at the Euro's :facepalm:

I swear that Ronaldo is so obsessed with Messi that he every night has nightmares of Messi.
Oh and where has this "cheer on me and im strong but boo me and im stronger" menatality, that he used to brag about having, gone?

harhar11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Wed Jun 13, 2012 10:30 pm

harhar11 wrote:Seems that ronaldo is getting butthurt that everyone is screaming "messi" to him Laughing
Ronaldo: Last year at this stage Messi had been eliminated from the Copa America Source Marca
What an arrogant fker, Messi was officially MoM in 2/3 group games. Cronaldo is flop of the tournament so far.
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by donttreadonred Thu Jun 14, 2012 12:06 am

Don't you think this is a little bit inaccurate. First of all, it's not like he's the only player who ever played amazing for his club only to disappoint at the international level. Even Messi (the greatest of the hobbits) hasn't been a consistent force for Argentina, yet. Secondly, he can't "fall" if he was never at the pinnacle of international play. He's had great performances for Portugal at times and absolutely dire performances. It's a completely different situation than club football.

This is just sensationalism at its finest.
donttreadonred
donttreadonred
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu Jun 14, 2012 12:09 am

billionmillion wrote:
Mr Nick09 wrote:

even in that moment he behaved like a newbie. luckily it was goal and we didnt see his mistake

of course he did, there is always something isnt it?

Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by paperbackwriter Thu Jun 14, 2012 12:11 am

Gomez83 wrote:
S32TABLANCA wrote:
Gomez83 wrote:
S32TABLANCA wrote:

Eh, in a none trolling tone, I honestly view CR7 as just another player in the Madrid history, sure he scores more goals then people in the past but not really a big changer. Now before the other fans rage on here, I'm aware he bailed out Madrid in a match or two but season changing player? no, not at all. A season changing player would be Van Persie for Arsenal or Messi for Barcelona, etc etc.

Eh, I think it's something around 25 points this season in the league that we would not have had without Ronaldos goals. Without Ronaldo we would have been 10-20 points behind Barcelona at the end of the season. We beat the all time goalscoring record in La Liga with him contributing the largest amount of goals. And the all time point record in La Liga with him contributing the largest amount of points.

As Saetablanca pointed out. You first refered to a table in a La Liga without both Messi and Ronaldo. But Messi was always going to play for Barcelona. He was there long before Ronaldo came to Madrid. I can comfortably say that Real Madrid would not have overcome this Barcelona this season without the help of the second best player in the world.

Now whether Real Madrid still would have been first if we took out both Messi and Ronaldo from each team is a pointless argument. It only serves to prove that Messi won more points for the second best team in the league this season. Ronaldo won the most points for the team who in the end won.

No other player in the world, bar Messi. Would stand out and deliver the way Ronaldo does in a team with the talent Madrid have. It's easy not to take the main responsibility and drive yourself to excellence when you could settle for just being one of "the guys" when the "the guys" are so damn good.

That's why so many super talented players end up as big team flops, they don't have the confidence and mentality to excel when partnered up with similar level of talent. When they can't just live on their talent alone anymore. But need balls.
paperbackwriter
paperbackwriter
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by chad4401 Thu Jun 14, 2012 12:40 am

donttreadonred wrote:Don't you think this is a little bit inaccurate. First of all, it's not like he's the only player who ever played amazing for his club only to disappoint at the international level. Even Messi (the greatest of the hobbits) hasn't been a consistent force for Argentina, yet. Secondly, he can't "fall" if he was never at the pinnacle of international play. He's had great performances for Portugal at times and absolutely dire performances. It's a completely different situation than club football.

This is just sensationalism at its finest.

agreed he had a shocker really choked but that doesn't means cr= bebe ffs Laughing
chad4401
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down