LEquipe: Thiago Silva, Ibra and Verratti to PSG! (UPDATED July 17)

+87
RealGunner
Firenze
vivabarca38
Zero
Zealous
justdoit_
Vibe
andiii
Yeezus
guest7
red&blacklegion
TheRedStag
FennecFox7
Eivindo
tonger
chinomaster182
Grande_Milano
kiranr
leemhuis
Rebaño Sagrado
Doc
halamadrid2
TonyDaBeast
Emaharg
Blue Barrett
Arquitecto
7amood11
RED
Lord Awesome
Amar
windkick
rsinatra
Red Alert
dostoevsky
The Sanchez
M99
free_cat
BiasedMilanFan3
BarcaLearning
Swanhends
InterMalia
Tomwin Lannister
lenear1030
Divine Intervention
Le Samourai
chad4401
Valkyrja
the xcx
BAYERN_MUNICH
Gomez83
Cookie Monster
Rossonero23
Blue
LeSwagg James
Funkentelechy
Ganso
S
Kingofeverythingclassy
Rossoneri Ninja
zizzle
S32TABLANCA
II Capitano
Onyx
Adit
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Albiceleste
pUsHa
BarrileteCosmico
gondov
LeVersacci
Abramovich
Gil
Potential
Cotes
fatman123
che
Mr Nick09
Harmonica
Kick
Forza
REWB
Jonathan28
lszanto
EarlyPrototype
Dante
urbaNRoots
sportsczy
91 posters

Page 15 of 28 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 21 ... 28  Next

Go down

LEquipe:  Thiago Silva, Ibra and Verratti to PSG! (UPDATED July 17) - Page 15 Empty Re: LEquipe: Thiago Silva, Ibra and Verratti to PSG! (UPDATED July 17)

Post by sportsczy Thu Jun 14, 2012 3:23 pm

free_cat wrote:
sportsczy wrote:
free_cat wrote:Yep, and that's all good and reported through the news. Nothing out of the news sportczy claimed happened.

Yeah... what did i claim? lol. The fact that Milan backed out at the deciding moment makes all the events false in your eyes i take it. You think Galliano spent a day and a half of his life with Leonardo and vice versa just to catch up on old times??

No wonder you're a barca fan. Take the term "dumb" and "rocks"... put them together = you basically lol.

Hey, don't get angry with me. I didn't force you to boast about your contacts within PSG and to make claims about when TS would be signed, the price and his wages.... and afterwards nothing you said happened!

Also, I didn't insult you, you could learn a thing or two about courtesy from this humble "dumb" and "rocks".

You are "D" and "R" though lol.

If you can't read English, i can't help you. Deal closings are always set up and terms move at the last minute. Nothing about what i heard was wrong. Not a single thing. Milan just pulled out at the last second. I had heard PSG was offering 40m + bonuses and a little less than 9 mil wages. Then it was reported that the final offer ended at 46 mil+bonuses (probably close to the same total except higher guaranteed base) + a little over 9 million wages. That's pretty damn close to me.

PSG thought the deal was done. In fact, they delayed everything they had planned to make this announcement their big splash to enter the mercato. Berlusconi pulled out at the last second. It happens.

Your new nickname is D&R btw lol.

Last edited by sportsczy on Thu Jun 14, 2012 3:27 pm; edited 1 time in total

sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

LEquipe:  Thiago Silva, Ibra and Verratti to PSG! (UPDATED July 17) - Page 15 Empty Re: LEquipe: Thiago Silva, Ibra and Verratti to PSG! (UPDATED July 17)

Post by sportsczy Thu Jun 14, 2012 3:26 pm

And btw, everyone involved is going to lie to distance themselves from everything... including Maldini lol. I don't trust statements made to the press like this. They are all agenda-driven often untrue.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by kiranr Thu Jun 14, 2012 3:27 pm

Isn't it dumb as rocks? Where did the and come from?
kiranr
kiranr
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Thu Jun 14, 2012 3:28 pm

kiranr wrote:Isn't it dumb as rocks? Where did the and come from?

I wanted to see whether he could put it together lol. Kind of like "f***" and "y**". It's meant to be insulting.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Thu Jun 14, 2012 3:29 pm

sportsczy wrote:And btw, everyone involved is going to lie to distance themselves from everything... including Maldini lol. I don't trust statements made to the press like this. They are all agenda-driven often untrue.

the same can be applied for what you ve been believing though. Maldini always speaks out loud , even against the club .

And this comes from a person who was with the club for decades , not from just everyone. I like how you think of the press , but again , i find it strange you ditch what Maldini stated and you believed everything else about done deals e.t.c

Reason and logic point out Maldini indeed had nothing to do with it. He doesn't even work for PSG lol .
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Thu Jun 14, 2012 3:39 pm

I'm not saying Maldini is an employee of PSG, because he is not. But he does get paid on "consulting projects". It's not a job. It's consulting work. He's right that they are absolutely not the same since he is not on the payroll and is not an employee. He's not lying... he's just not telling the entire truth.

This the only part i'm commenting on. Nothing to do with his relationship with SIlva.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Thu Jun 14, 2012 3:44 pm

So could we assume with some surety that the deal has gone down the toilet or would PSG try again?! Yes, I'm talking to the Frenchman on this one, he seems to know something...
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Thu Jun 14, 2012 3:50 pm

sportsczy wrote:I'm not saying Maldini is an employee of PSG, because he is not. But he does get paid on "consulting projects". It's not a job. It's consulting work. He's right that they are absolutely not the same since he is not on the payroll and is not an employee. He's not lying... he's just not telling the entire truth.

This the only part i'm commenting on. Nothing to do with his relationship with SIlva.

don't know what you are talking about Maldini being paid for "consulting projects" . By whom PSG ? he should be on the payroll and be an employee then. How's that not a job , if he gets paid for something.

Honestly , you don't make any sense at all with this and on top of that , how could you prove this ?

i can only reject what you say and easily , at least from your afforementioned comments..
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by kiranr Thu Jun 14, 2012 3:53 pm

Dante wrote:
sportsczy wrote:I'm not saying Maldini is an employee of PSG, because he is not. But he does get paid on "consulting projects". It's not a job. It's consulting work. He's right that they are absolutely not the same since he is not on the payroll and is not an employee. He's not lying... he's just not telling the entire truth.

don't know what you are talking about Maldini being paid for "consulting projects" . By whom PSG ? he should be on the payroll and be an employee then. How's that not a job , if he gets paid for something.

Honestly , you don't make any sense at all with this and on top of that , how could you prove this ?

i can only reject what you say and easily , at least from your afforementioned comments..

It is like hiring a company to do project work. They are not on the payroll right? If you think of Maldini like a one-man company, then he is also not on the payroll.
kiranr
kiranr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Thu Jun 14, 2012 3:54 pm

Doc wrote:So could we assume with some surety that the deal has gone down the toilet or would PSG try again?! Yes, I'm talking to the Frenchman on this one, he seems to know something...

Radio silence from PSG other than Leonardo saying that "we will abandon Thiago SIlva unless a final decision is made very soon." PSG made their final offer in terms of overall compensation. I think it's dead unless SIlva asks for higher wages from milan and forces it OR Berlusconi reverses again. At this point, there might be a riot if Berlusconi takes the Milan fans for another ride. Forget PSG... he's really doing a number on his fans with this "99.9%" followed by the last 48 hours and then today.

Hard to tell with Berlusconi though. Everything is such drama with him. It's more theater than business.

sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Thu Jun 14, 2012 4:01 pm

kiranr wrote:
Dante wrote:

It is like hiring a company to do project work. They are not on the payroll right? If you think of Maldini like a one-man company, then he is also not on the payroll.

Exactly. Most highly paid people these days actually avoid direct employment... a lot of reasons for it that i won't get into.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Thu Jun 14, 2012 4:04 pm

kiranr wrote:
Dante wrote:

Ok agreed. But , you hand them a job , right ? even if that's not full time job , it's still a job if you re being paid for it. Maldini denied that.

Some sort of concrete proof about Maldini doing this would suffice . Himself said , i was never offered a job from them and this

,despite how you name it , it's a job ; even if they "hired" him for something specific and not full time.
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by kiranr Thu Jun 14, 2012 4:08 pm

yeah, Dante is right there. Sport. He did say he has no role in PSG. Even a consulting work would constitute a role.
kiranr
kiranr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Thu Jun 14, 2012 4:11 pm

No, it's not a job. It's technically "services" and you enter into an contract that involves a "scope of services". The contract is between two companies... For example, you don't hire Steve the plumber but XYZ Plumbing Co. It just so happens that Steve the plumber is the one doing the work for XYZ Plumbing Co. as he is the only employee of XYZ Plumbing Co.

Maldini is an employee of his own consulting company. This company (not Maldini) is sometimes hired by PSG to perform specific services.

Very widely done.

Last edited by sportsczy on Thu Jun 14, 2012 4:15 pm; edited 2 times in total
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Thu Jun 14, 2012 4:14 pm

An interesting example .

But assumptions won't cut it . And if you re being paid for doing something , it's a job . I won't discuss elementary stuff anymore.

You either prove Maldini does what you say he does , otherwise concede and stop , himself said completely the opposite . What you may believe he has done or is doing for PSG , is pure fantasy.
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Thu Jun 14, 2012 4:16 pm

kiranr wrote:yeah, Dante is right there. Sport. He did say he has no role in PSG. Even a consulting work would constitute a role.
He doesn't have a role with PSG. Maldini is 100% correct. He just perform very specific tasks on an inconsistent basis. To have a role, you would fulfill a specific task consistently.

Getting technical here lol.

Bottom line is... he's right but he's also not telling everything. He shouldn't have to either. It's irrelevant unless he was involved with the Silva deal and i believe him when he says he wasn't.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Thu Jun 14, 2012 4:23 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:free cat you dont understand how transfers work lol

Off course I understand how transfer work, probably more than you as I worked as an assistant to a basketball agent. I even negotiated a couple of transfers, lol.

But Sportczy was trying to give "inside knoweledge info" and he failed.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Thu Jun 14, 2012 4:24 pm

Dante wrote:An interesting example .

But assumptions won't cut it . And if you re being paid for doing something , it's a job . I won't discuss elementary stuff anymore.

You either prove Maldini does what you say he does , otherwise concede and stop , himself said completely the opposite . What you may believe he has done or is doing for PSG , is pure fantasy.

France Soir has reported for a bit now that Maldini is going to join the staff of PSG full time for Carlo... to help the defenders. He's been working with the PSG defenders on and off since Carlo joined as a consultant. They're looking to give him a full time job according to France Soir.

That's why Maldini is denying his involvement with Silva and PSG. He is not on the staff yet and, in any case, his consulting work and prospective job has nothing to do with dealmaking or business... he's going to be a defensive coach under Carlo.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Thu Jun 14, 2012 4:26 pm

free_cat wrote:

Off course I understand how transfer work, probably more than you as I worked as an assistant to a basketball agent. I even negotiated a couple of transfers, lol.

What did you do... get the coffee and bagels? Get his/her laundry?

That's what you do as an assistant lol. You should stop lol. You have no idea how a dealmaking works.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Thu Jun 14, 2012 4:26 pm

sportsczy wrote:
free_cat wrote:
sportsczy wrote:
free_cat wrote:Yep, and that's all good and reported through the news. Nothing out of the news sportczy claimed happened.

Yeah... what did i claim? lol. The fact that Milan backed out at the deciding moment makes all the events false in your eyes i take it. You think Galliano spent a day and a half of his life with Leonardo and vice versa just to catch up on old times??

No wonder you're a barca fan. Take the term "dumb" and "rocks"... put them together = you basically lol.

Hey, don't get angry with me. I didn't force you to boast about your contacts within PSG and to make claims about when TS would be signed, the price and his wages.... and afterwards nothing you said happened!

Also, I didn't insult you, you could learn a thing or two about courtesy from this humble "dumb" and "rocks".

If you can't read English, i can't help you. Deal closings are always set up and terms move at the last minute. Nothing about what i heard was wrong. Not a single thing. Milan just pulled out at the last second. I had heard PSG was offering 40m + bonuses and a little less than 9 mil wages. Then it was reported that the final offer ended at 46 mil+bonuses (probably close to the same total except higher guaranteed base) + a little over 9 million wages. That's pretty damn close to me.

PSG thought the deal was done. In fact, they delayed everything they had planned to make this announcement their big splash to enter the mercato. Berlusconi pulled out at the last second. It happens.

Why you didn't have inside info on Milan pulling away from the deal then? hmm

It's obvious that Galliani already said they were pulling away from the deal before leaving paris.

If you want, your new nickname can be "insideinfoFAIL". Like it?
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Thu Jun 14, 2012 4:29 pm

sportsczy wrote:
free_cat wrote:

That's what you do as an assistant lol. You should stop lol. You have no idea how a dealmaking works.

Not a Personal Assistant, you IIF (insideinfofail). You are hilarious. Very Happy
An assistant to his job, call it "junior agent". You know, agents have employees too.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Thu Jun 14, 2012 4:32 pm

free_cat wrote:
sportsczy wrote:
free_cat wrote:
sportsczy wrote:

Why you didn't have inside info on Milan pulling away from the deal then? hmm

It's obvious that Galliani already said they were pulling away from the deal before leaving paris.

If you want, your new nickname can be "insideinfoFAIL". Like it?

D&R... you think that i have PSG people giving me hourly briefs? Lol. They say what they want, when they want or nothing at all. Besides, i'm in no way involved in this. Just friends with people in football here and they tell me stuff when they can for fun.

If you knew anything about dealmaking, you would know that you can only tell what you're allowed to tell or you're fired... and it's usually radio silence at the end. Unless PSG is ready to say something one way or another, there's no way anything is going to be leaked internally unless the person is trying get canned. That's how it goes.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Thu Jun 14, 2012 4:35 pm

Ok IFF, next time don't boast and no one will stress your fail afterwards.

I also know people in football and Barça, and you've never seen me reporting minutely on a transfer as you did, because I know that most of what comes out in the street is very unreliable (as you said a transfer negotiation is very confidential :facepalm: )
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Thu Jun 14, 2012 4:36 pm

free_cat wrote:
sportsczy wrote:
free_cat wrote:

Not a Personal Assistant, you IIF (insideinfofail). You are hilarious. Very Happy
An assistant to his job, call it "junior agent". You know, agents have employees too.

Now i'm curious because i actually know the business well. Tell me... what were your responsibilities? How does a deal work? Is this the NBA or another league?

I already know that you are clueless about this, so i highly recommend you stay quiet lol.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu Jun 14, 2012 4:37 pm

So many things happened in a matter of hours. Galliani spent a night in Paris negotiating a deal with leonardo, at that point everything was agreed at about 46m. Then you had Cassano's words starting to reach out Milan, Ibra's agent letting it known that Ibra would leave, fans storming the club offices, and then the second guessing started.

What we do here is not a minute by minute play through with 100% accuracy of every single thought that goes through Berlusconi's mind. There were general infos out there that we posted in this thread, and up to the moment when a value was agreed, but the final say on the transfer was missing. No one in this thread claimed the transfer was definitive at 100%. the rest is history, i believe it's fairly easy to comprehend for a grown adult.

what you are doing here is quite petty and speaks a lot of your character. Dont hate because you dont know lol, people lacking knowledge always bicker.

Last edited by Mr Nick09 on Thu Jun 14, 2012 4:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Thu Jun 14, 2012 4:39 pm

sportsczy wrote:
Now i'm curious because i actually know the business well. Tell me... what were your responsibilities? How does a deal work? Is this the NBA or another league?

I already know that you are clueless about this, so i highly recommend you stay quiet lol.

You want me to answer, or you want me to stay quiet? Make up your mind IFF.

Last edited by free_cat on Thu Jun 14, 2012 4:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 28 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 21 ... 28  Next