Why are Neymar and Hazard both considered overrated?

+32
fatman123
Potential
Swanhends
Adit
Noonan22
Doc
The Franchise
Jonathan28
Red Alert
Forza
rsinatra
II Capitano
BarcaKizz
Kingofeverythingclassy
vizkosity
Blue Barrett
free_cat
Dante
Valkyrja
punkfusion1992
julias
REWB
che
BarrileteCosmico
Beautiful Football
McLewis
Lord Awesome
S
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Ganso
rwo power
Gil
36 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Why are Neymar and Hazard both considered overrated? Empty Why are Neymar and Hazard both considered overrated?

Post by Gil Thu Jun 07, 2012 6:08 pm

This seems to be the general opinion among the average football fan despite only seeing them on YouTube or the odd International fixture.

How can Nerman who's already his clubs highest goalscorer post Pele era at only 20, has a 1 in 2 goalscoring record for his country & is widely considered to be the best talent in Brazil (the most prolific nation in the World in producing footballers)?

Or Hazard who won back to back young player of the year awards in France and then followed that up with back to back PoTY awards in France. Nevermind the fact he pretty much single-handedly led Lille to their first ever League title.
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Why are Neymar and Hazard both considered overrated? Empty Re: Why are Neymar and Hazard both considered overrated?

Post by rwo power Thu Jun 07, 2012 6:12 pm

I saw them both in their NTs' friendlies against Germany, and to me they didn't really look special there, so I'm a bit wary of the hype I read about them.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Why are Neymar and Hazard both considered overrated? Empty Re: Why are Neymar and Hazard both considered overrated?

Post by Ganso Thu Jun 07, 2012 6:13 pm

i think its because they arent "proven"in top leagues ,and i agree with that....but i doubt more than 5 people on these forums watch santos and lille on a consistent bases yet more than 50 call them overrated Laughing

people make judgements off international matches where they actually watch them
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Jun 07, 2012 6:14 pm

Gil wrote:Nevermind the fact he pretty much single-handedly led Lille to their first ever League title.

I agreed up until this point, because it's complete and utter BS Laughing

Hazard was important but single handedly is complete rubbish, majority of people will say that Cabaye and Gervinho were better than Hazard that season and Sow's goals of course and Rami in defence were extremely important too.

If you said Hazard pretty much single handedly led Lille to 3rd in past season fair enough but the above point is completely outrageous and far from the truth.

Last edited by Great Leader Sprucenuce on Thu Jun 07, 2012 6:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by S Thu Jun 07, 2012 6:15 pm

Havent seen them live up to the hype in the big games i've watched them.

Neymar admittedly has performed better in those games though.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Awesome Thu Jun 07, 2012 6:17 pm

Neymar I get why but Hazard is legit IMO.

Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Thu Jun 07, 2012 6:17 pm

They're overrated in the sense that the hype surrounding them as perpetrated by the media in both Europe and South America has facilitated it.

In terms of pure footballing ability, I rate them both highly honestly and they're going to be world-beaters regardless of how anyone sees them. They are of that ilk that spawned the likes of CR7 and Messi. They'll rise and rise and keep rising.

That said, they will always have their detractors, as every player has, no matter what they do on the pitch or off it.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Beautiful Football Thu Jun 07, 2012 6:18 pm

Surag wrote:Havent seen them live up to the hype in the big games i've watched them.

Neymar admittedly has performed better in those games though.

Thumbs up

Beautiful Football
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Thu Jun 07, 2012 6:18 pm

Because they're not La Liga proven :coffee:

It's because they're not playing against the best in the world right now while they have a ridiculous amount of markting towards their brand. Neymar gets as much publicity as Ronaldo or Messi, and yet hasn't played against the best teams in the world and achieved much against them. This makes people feel that the gap between hype and achievement is so large that they must be overrated.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Beautiful Football Thu Jun 07, 2012 6:22 pm

McLewis wrote:They're overrated in the sense that the hype surrounding them as perpetrated by the media in both Europe and South America has facilitated it.

In terms of pure footballing ability, I rate them both highly honestly and they're going to be world-beaters regardless of how anyone sees them. They are of that ilk that spawned the likes of CR7 and Messi. They'll rise and rise and keep rising.

That said, they will always have their detractors, as every player has, no matter what they do on the pitch or off it.

Anyway i doubt Hazard and Neymar will be as good as Ronaldo.Let alone
Messi.This is my personal opinion though.

Beautiful Football
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Thu Jun 07, 2012 6:25 pm

it depends what you mean by better as a player.... i think that hazard and nerman have both a lot of potential to be better overall players and achieve similar number of or more trophies than CR.
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Thu Jun 07, 2012 6:26 pm

Beautiful Football wrote:
McLewis wrote:They're overrated in the sense that the hype surrounding them as perpetrated by the media in both Europe and South America has facilitated it.

Anyway i doubt Hazard and Neymar will be as good as Ronaldo.Let alone
Messi.This is my personal opinion though.

Didn't say either would be as good as Messi or CR7. I said they came from the same ilk, from that same mold of football stars. They have the potential to rise to that stratosphere of where CR7 and Messi are now. It is by no means a certainty.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Beautiful Football Thu Jun 07, 2012 6:34 pm

Ganso wrote:it depends what you mean by better as a player.... i think that hazard and nerman have both a lot of potential to be better overall players and achieve similar number of or more trophies than CR.

They may win trophies by riding on their team mates.They have to perform
absolutely on top level for ten years while being their team star man.
Not to mention have to put some unbelievable performance with hell of a
productivity..hmm this is huge task imo.only time will tell us.Nerman might
do that(as good as Ronaldo) under right club with right guidance.Doubt about Hazard.

Last edited by Beautiful Football on Thu Jun 07, 2012 6:53 pm; edited 1 time in total

Beautiful Football
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by che Thu Jun 07, 2012 6:36 pm

because they've shown *bleep* all in relevant leagues but people keep droning on about them like they're the next jesus

not exactly rocket science...
che
che
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Benfica

Back to top Go down

Post by REWB Thu Jun 07, 2012 6:43 pm

che wrote:because they've shown *bleep* all in relevant leagues but people keep droning on about them like they're the next jesus

not exactly rocket science...

this
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by julias Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:46 pm

Because people like to downgrade or discredit special talents when its suits them.

"They're not proven in a top league" then

"They only scored a hattrick because it was Osasuna, anyone can do that"

"Penaldo" only scores penalties, as if that were some kinda of truth, when he misses "Big game flop"

"Messi hasn't scored in every big game this season, I dont care if he was treble marked - overrated"

"I saw him against an England team who did nothing but defend with virtually 8 men wasn't special"

"Didn't score at the WC"

"Cold night in Stoke" when Stoke are shnit anyway

and so on and so forth lol
julias
julias
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by punkfusion1992 Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:45 pm

julias wrote:Because people like to downgrade or discredit special talents when its suits them.

"They're not proven in a top league" then

"They only scored a hattrick because it was Osasuna, anyone can do that"

"Penaldo" only scores penalties, as if that were some kinda of truth, when he misses "Big game flop"

"Messi hasn't scored in every big game this season, I dont care if he was treble marked - overrated"

"I saw him against an England team who did nothing but defend with virtually 8 men wasn't special"

"Didn't score at the WC"

"Cold night in Stoke" when Stoke are shnit anyway

and so on and so forth lol

this
:bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:
punkfusion1992
punkfusion1992
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:01 pm

Neymar is very very overrated. Hazard is one of the best in the world IMO.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:07 pm

They are not over rated , but rather over hyped .

Though , the truth is somewhere in between , as always. These are 2 of the best talents in the world currently and with huge potential , but at their age , it's difficult to meet the ridiculous expectations that their own potential created .

Therefore , after being praised to death after getting a name for themselves, fans around the world paid big attention with high expectations , that these players aren't able to achieve at least so far , though they are already spectacular .

Another truth is , Messi & Ronaldo made it difficult for new talents lol .
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:16 pm

I don't know about Neymbar, but I watched Hazard vs. England and god, he looks average. I mean, he is a good player, but I think he is not better than Mata. It is a good signing for Chelsea, but IMO he won't live to his hype and price.

I read this after posting:

julias wrote:

I loled. Very Happy

Anyway, in other games I wasn't very impressed by Hazard either. We'll see.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:57 pm

Hazard does not have as much hype as Nerman. Nerman is hyped just as much as Ronaldo and Messi, which proves to me that he's overrated. Talented, yes but also overrated. Plus Hazard played in a better league anyway. :coffee:
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:04 pm

free_cat wrote:I don't know about Neymbar, but I watched Hazard vs. England and god, he looks average. I mean, he is a good player, but I think he is not better than Mata. It is a good signing for Chelsea, but IMO he won't live to his hype and price.

I read this after posting:

julias wrote:

I loled. Very Happy

Anyway, in other games I wasn't very impressed by Hazard either. We'll see.

What's the big deal about living up to the hype , this is what's over rated lol .

Who's going to say he didn't meet expectations , maybe Chelsea fans ? these are even satisfied with Torres , with Hazard they will have a problem?

Rivals ? they will always talk sit on rival players , even when they have Messi against them.

Rest of the world ? they will be just jelly/butthurt .

Really , for his 1st season , some goals , enough appearances and some good dribbles will be enough for him. If you look at talented youngsters with no bias , it's pretty obvious what to expect . ( doesn't go for you, just saying )
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by vizkosity Fri Jun 08, 2012 3:29 am

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
Gil wrote:Nevermind the fact he pretty much single-handedly led Lille to their first ever League title.

I agreed up until this point, because it's complete and utter BS Laughing

Hazard was important but single handedly is complete rubbish, majority of people will say that Cabaye and Gervinho were better than Hazard that season and Sow's goals of course and Rami in defence were extremely important too.

If you said Hazard pretty much single handedly led Lille to 3rd in past season fair enough but the above point is completely outrageous and far from the truth.

very true. Rami is a beast at defending during that season. Gervinho caught the attention of wenger, and Cabaye is good also. People probably just watch his stats and hype up....
vizkosity
vizkosity
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Kingofeverythingclassy Fri Jun 08, 2012 5:47 am

Hazard actually did not single handedly guide Lille to the title. In that season Gervinho had more goals & assists than Hazard & look where Gervinho is now.

They play in a Brazilian & French league where the standard of play is very very average. The French league has fallen to No.6 & the way its going it will get overtaken by Dutch & Russian Leagues in 2 years. The less said about Brazilian league compared to Top Leagues the better.

Even an old Ronaldinho can possibly be a star player there. Other than that they are average players for the NT. Hazard is a bigtime Flop for Belgium,did nothing in CHL. While Neyman was average against Germany & in the very big matches.

I will wait to see Neyman play well against Uruguay,Germany,Argentina to comment. But Neyman is probably a much bigger talent than Hazard. Neyman,I have seen him score wonder strikers & sometimes often although in top leagues he will never get that amount of shooting space. Hazard I have not seen that.

I am only impressed by Hazard's speed,turns & ball control otherwise Hazard does not seem to a Top Level talent as yet. He has to improve his all-round game,awareness furthur to be in the level of a say Ribery

Last edited by Kingofeverythingclassy on Fri Jun 08, 2012 6:29 am; edited 1 time in total

Kingofeverythingclassy
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Fri Jun 08, 2012 6:12 am

Kingofeverythingclassy wrote:
Even an old Ronaldinho can possibly be a star player there. Other than that they are average players for the NT. While Neyman was average against Germany & in the very big matches.

I will wait to see Neyman play well against Uruguay,Germany,Brazil to comment.
what are you talking about?ronaldinho was good for months and absoulte crap for 1 year.the man got booed by the fans in every game because he was playing like crap.

nerman with an average performance vs Germany?scored despite having much less possession and 3 very uncreative dms behind him.I would also like to add he was our motm vs the Netherlands and only didnt score because their GK Krul was having a goat day.

Finally i would like to add that he cant play against Brazil because he plays for Brazil
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum