Viggo Mortensen almost gets kicked out of airport after celebrating epic comeback by his team

+17
BarcaLearning
S32TABLANCA
EarlyPrototype
LeSwagg James
Sushi Master
Le Samourai
rsinatra
Freeza
Dante
Zealous
VivaStPauli
Albiceleste
teamanarchy
CBarca
Great Leader Sprucenuce
NiallQuinnsdiscoPants
BarrileteCosmico
21 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Viggo Mortensen almost gets kicked out of airport after celebrating epic comeback by his team Empty Viggo Mortensen almost gets kicked out of airport after celebrating epic comeback by his team

Post by BarrileteCosmico Mon May 28, 2012 8:05 pm

San Lorenzo is fighting relegation in Argentina and won in an epic comeback against title contenders Newell's. A loss would have meant they would surely become relegated. They were 0-2 down and came back to win 3-2, which keeps their options open for staying in first division. Actor Vigo Mortensen, known best for his role as King Aragorn from the Lord of the Rings, is a fan of San Lorenzo and vehemently celebrated the victory as he watched a stream from his pc... on an airport.

People don't understand what's happening. They don't understand why I'm yelling and jumping, they don't know if yelling "Pipi!!!" time and time again means that I've pissed myself or if I hurt myself somehow. A man with a military uniform, probably returning from Iraq or Afghanistan rapidly approached me saying "Cool it, man!! Easy now…what's wrong, what happened???…" I don't listen to him - I keep screaming gol. "CALM DOWN SIR!" I go back to my computer and I scream "¡GOL, GOL, GOL…!" to make sure it happened, to see if we're still 3-2 up with a few minutes left. Now I stopped screaming goal and I'm just looking at the laptop, I think the military man leaves and sits down. Some other passengers also relax and some laugh about it.

Viggo Mortensen almost gets kicked out of airport after celebrating epic comeback by his team 3_21

Everyone but one German - or Austrian or Swiss - that asks me if I'm Victor Mortensen. I tell him it's true. "Fussbal!!" he says to me with a smile, checking my laptop to see what game it is. "Ja, fussball", I answer him. "San Lorenzo de Almagro fussbal." This one understands me, at least. "Argentinien, ja?" " Yes, sir. Argentina, First División. Buenos Aires. The game is almost finished." I leave him a seat so he can watch the last minutes with me. When we're 30 seconds into the 4 minute added time two security officials from the airport grabbed me, take me away from the computer, and ask "Sir, what is WRONG with you???" They look at my Germanic friend but leave him alone.They take me away from the laptop and the people. I can still heart the commentary of the stream: "historic comeback... great victory". The cops asks me for my passport, my boarding ticket, and asked me a lot of things. I tell them nothing is wrong, that I'm sorry, that I was just watching a football game and my team had just scored a very important goal and that the match is almost over. As they look through my documents I try to look over their shoulders to catch glimpses of the game, to see if it's still 3-2. It finishes and I want to scream the victory, but it wouldn't help my cause just now. Finally, they leave me free after telling me that if I yell "Gol!" again they won't let me fly and will kick me out of the airport. My "fussbal" friend timidly tells them that I'm an actor, pointing at me: "Das ist Victor Mortensen. Victor Mortensen der schauspieler. He is the actor… he is Victor Mortensen. King Aragorn." The cops don't listen to him. They look at me once more and then the one that's in charge says to me "Keep the noise down, sir". They walk 20 meters away, but stay close to keep a watch of me. When I calm down and everything is cool, they leave. It turns out my friend is Swiss. He tells me a little bit about yesterday's great victory in which Switzerland beat Germany 5-3. Another historic victory. They could've scored more goals, my friend tells me.

Viggo Mortensen almost gets kicked out of airport after celebrating epic comeback by his team 4_18

(Özil neutralized)

Now I'm flying, both physically and mentally, in the clouds with all the other crows [the name of San Lorenzo fans]. Our stadium full, the fans supporting the players in spite of everything, believing in the miracle. And that's the way it was. One of the best miracles. After the defeat against Union we didn't have a margin. Great game Buffarini, great game everyone! There's 3 games left, 3 finals. Yes we can. We can.

Viggo Mortensen almost gets kicked out of airport after celebrating epic comeback by his team 5_17

Last edited by BarrileteCosmico on Mon May 28, 2012 10:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Viggo Mortensen almost gets kicked out of airport after celebrating epic comeback by his team Empty Re: Viggo Mortensen almost gets kicked out of airport after celebrating epic comeback by his team

Post by NiallQuinnsdiscoPants Mon May 28, 2012 8:17 pm

Wonder why he supports a random Argentinian team

Cant see a connection between them
NiallQuinnsdiscoPants
NiallQuinnsdiscoPants
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Viggo Mortensen almost gets kicked out of airport after celebrating epic comeback by his team Empty Re: Viggo Mortensen almost gets kicked out of airport after celebrating epic comeback by his team

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon May 28, 2012 8:20 pm

NiallQuinnsdiscoPants wrote:Wonder why he supports a random Argentinian team

He lived in Argentina until he was 11, where he then moved to New York.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Mon May 28, 2012 8:23 pm

He spent part of his childhood in Argentina, during which he became a fan.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Mon May 28, 2012 8:28 pm

Aragorn :bow:

I can't help but love him even more for this. If his being Aragorn wasn't enough...that passion and love for such a minnow is great to see. Especially from someone so popular. Unlike Bieber who probably supports Chelsea after they won the CL now.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by teamanarchy Mon May 28, 2012 8:41 pm

CBarca wrote:Aragorn :bow:

I can't help but love him even more for this. If his being Aragorn wasn't enough...that passion and love for such a minnow is great to see. Especially from someone so popular. Unlike Bieber who probably supports Chelsea after they won the CL now.
bounce agreed
teamanarchy
teamanarchy
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

https://www.facebook.com/#!/ks16152913

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Mon May 28, 2012 8:42 pm

San Lorenzo Mad I can't believe they didn't lose. Viggo Mortensen almost gets kicked out of airport after celebrating epic comeback by his team 2276801876

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Mon May 28, 2012 8:58 pm

NiallQuinnsdiscoPants wrote:Wonder why he supports a random Argentinian team

Isn't it obvious?

Argentina is the country that sounds most like "Aragorn". Viggo Mortensen almost gets kicked out of airport after celebrating epic comeback by his team Trolldolski
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Mon May 28, 2012 8:59 pm

They had the fellowship's support :bow:
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Mon May 28, 2012 10:13 pm

Goat , on & off the screen :coffee:
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Mon May 28, 2012 10:18 pm

He is so awesome cheers

Well anyone for is half Danish is awesome :coffee:
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by rsinatra Tue May 29, 2012 10:24 am

Freeza wrote:He is so awesome cheers

Lol, I knew a Dane would have to bring this up. Were you in Hamburg too? It was sweet to celebrate Brazil's win with my Danish girlfriend and her family lol, they weren't disappointed, but happy on my behalf.

Anyway, Viggo is awesome. One of the best actors out there. His performance on "The Road" , "A history of violence", LOTR, etc, are all great. And it's great to see that he's also a football fan!
rsinatra
rsinatra
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sunderland

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Tue May 29, 2012 10:33 am

Eastern promises was his best movie :coffee:

Anyway this is pretty epic :bow:
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Tue May 29, 2012 10:43 am

What inconsiderate dickholes, thinking of kicking out a Middle-Earth war veteran just like that Mad
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Tue May 29, 2012 11:13 am

3 games left? So his team can still get relegated?

Laughing
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by EarlyPrototype Tue May 29, 2012 11:22 am

Swagg wrote:3 games left? So his team can still get relegated?

Laughing

Was thinking this lol.

Imagine they get relegated. :facepalm:
EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Tue May 29, 2012 11:40 am

rsinatra wrote:
Freeza wrote:He is so awesome cheers

Lol, I knew a Dane would have to bring this up. Were you in Hamburg too? It was sweet to celebrate Brazil's win with my Danish girlfriend and her family lol, they weren't disappointed, but happy on my behalf.

Anyway, Viggo is awesome. One of the best actors out there. His performance on "The Road" , "A history of violence", LOTR, etc, are all great. And it's great to see that he's also a football fan!

Well yeah i was in Hamburg with a group of 50 people, it was really just a great opportunity to see some fine football (from Brazil atleast) Kjær, Poulsen, Thomas Sørensen and the Brøndby fellas, are just annoying to have on your team.

Didn't really feel disappointed, we normally don't perform in friendlies. But great performance from Hulk.

And yeah Viggo is a great actor, loved his role in Eastern Promises, he is so amazing
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue May 29, 2012 5:43 pm

Laughing
Argentine relegation is.... complicated. Relegation is not decided by the 3 last spots of the season, but by the average amount of points over the past 3 seasons. This was meant to protect big teams who just happened to have a bad season, but it actually ended up hurting them. The 2 teams with the lowest average are relegated. This is called direct relegation. The 3-5th worst teams in the average point table fight off "promotion". This means that they play a 2 legged match against the team from the 2nd division that would replace them. So there's a chance that all 5 teams might be relegated, or that only 3. San Lorenzo was in direct relegation zone, but with that win they moved to promotion zone. So they might still get relegated, but they have a fighting chance.

The relegation table as of 2 days ago:

Banfield 1.270
Atlético Rafaela 1.257 (Promotion)
San Martín de San Juan 1,257 (Promotion)
San Lorenzo 1.252 (Promotion)

Tigre 1.243 (Direct Relegation)
Olimpo 1,027 (Already Relegated)

This creates some funny, and widely unfair, situations. Tigre right now is set to be relegated, but is actually 2nd in the league right now.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Tue May 29, 2012 5:49 pm

Wait Wait wait.

2nd in the league..but about to be relegated?

Viggo Mortensen almost gets kicked out of airport after celebrating epic comeback by his team Lucas-Leiva-006
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by S32TABLANCA Tue May 29, 2012 6:09 pm

Argentinian relegation is quite messed up. Will Viggo be making an ESTAMOS EL LA B! video too? hmm
S32TABLANCA
S32TABLANCA
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Sat Jun 02, 2012 6:29 pm

what surprised me more is how bad he looks in those pics!! Loool! So many actors look ugly in real life apparently? Just like actresses Laughing
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:08 pm

WHat a BAWS :bow: :bow: Eastern Promises :bow: I think I just became a San Lorenzo fan Very Happy, unless they're rivals with River Plate then I can't
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:17 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:

Laughing
Argentine relegation is.... complicated. Relegation is not decided by the 3 last spots of the season, but by the average amount of points over the past 3 seasons. This was meant to protect big teams who just happened to have a bad season, but it actually ended up hurting them. The 2 teams with the lowest average are relegated. This is called direct relegation. The 3-5th worst teams in the average point table fight off "promotion". This means that they play a 2 legged match against the team from the 2nd division that would replace them. So there's a chance that all 5 teams might be relegated, or that only 3. San Lorenzo was in direct relegation zone, but with that win they moved to promotion zone. So they might still get relegated, but they have a fighting chance.

The relegation table as of 2 days ago:

Banfield 1.270
Atlético Rafaela 1.257 (Promotion)
San Martín de San Juan 1,257 (Promotion)
San Lorenzo 1.252 (Promotion)

Tigre 1.243 (Direct Relegation)
Olimpo 1,027 (Already Relegated)

This creates some funny, and widely unfair, situations. Tigre right now is set to be relegated, but is actually 2nd in the league right now.

Wow.. That... Is... Weird to say the least lol
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by harhar11 Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:21 pm

BarcaLearning wrote:what surprised me more is how bad he looks in those pics!! Loool! So many actors look ugly in real life apparently? Just like actresses Laughing

imo he looks much better in black hair Viggo Mortensen almost gets kicked out of airport after celebrating epic comeback by his team Roto2gaydude

Last edited by harhar11 on Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:24 pm; edited 1 time in total

harhar11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebaño Sagrado Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:21 pm

Bullshit is what it is

Argentina's relegation is similar in the Mexican league
Rebaño Sagrado
Rebaño Sagrado
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next