cripsy dipsy
M99
dostoevsky
ciro1316
IrasMaldinista
16 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

He's At The Door! - Page 2 Empty Re: He's At The Door!

Post by elmickio Mon Jul 04, 2011 8:57 am

To be honest Dostoevsky, it was one game, wheteher it was nerves or just plain lack of fitness, who knows?

Believe me, he was poor, he didn't offer anyhting to the match. I just know and can envision Allergi, not enjoying them kind of performances too often.

elmickio
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Mon Jul 04, 2011 9:00 am

He obviously deserves a hefty share of criticism when he doesn't perform, as that's the only way he'll improve as a player, however we might at least allow him the chance to bounce back.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by elmickio Mon Jul 04, 2011 9:36 am

Offcourse Dos, everyone has bad games, infact the whole team was crap. Not just Ganso, Neymar is one of the shelfish players Ive seen, and I could never see him and Cron playing at Real together.

elmickio
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Milantildeath Mon Jul 04, 2011 10:45 am

dostoevsky wrote:
Milantildeath wrote:After tonight's game he can stay at the door for his price

I agree, I'd much rather go for Hamsik, who never disappears from important games! Oh wait...you're right, let's go for Nasri instead. He always steps up to the pla...um, never mind. Hey remember Aquilani? He's the solution, ever present and consi...um...

...I'll get back to you.

I didn't see the game - I'd forgotten it was on - however one can only be so poor in a single game.

Unless you're Bonera.

Is that supposed to be a joke? I've said from the start I've wanted Hamsik over Ganso.
Milantildeath
Milantildeath
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Mon Jul 04, 2011 2:16 pm

Milantildeath wrote:
dostoevsky wrote:
Milantildeath wrote:After tonight's game he can stay at the door for his price

I agree, I'd much rather go for Hamsik, who never disappears from important games! Oh wait...you're right, let's go for Nasri instead. He always steps up to the pla...um, never mind. Hey remember Aquilani? He's the solution, ever present and consi...um...

...I'll get back to you.

I didn't see the game - I'd forgotten it was on - however one can only be so poor in a single game.

Unless you're Bonera.

Is that supposed to be a joke? I've said from the start I've wanted Hamsik over Ganso.

And you're quite welcome to that opinion; it doesn't excuse your wishlist from the same logic you used against Ganso though. If Ganso ends up being the player of the tournament I wouldn't necessarily expect you to change your opinion of his suitability for Milan; likewise it's unfair to do the opposite.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Mon Jul 04, 2011 5:00 pm

most ridiculous logic MTD,or did you forget that almost every single midfielder we have been linked to are big games flops

Hamsik,Pastore,Nasri,Fabregas etc
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Milantildeath Mon Jul 04, 2011 6:44 pm

Ganso wrote:most ridiculous logic MTD,or did you forget that almost every single midfielder we have been linked to are big games flops

Hamsik? He plays better in big games, I've never seen Pastore flop, and when did Nasri flop? He played well against Barcelona in the champions league, and I honestly can't remember ever seeing him flop. Can you give me specific examples when?
Milantildeath
Milantildeath
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Giancarlo Mon Jul 04, 2011 6:46 pm

Hamsik is not a big game player... he disappears in those. I think Pastore or Nasri would be better options...
Giancarlo
Giancarlo
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Mon Jul 04, 2011 8:38 pm

Milantildeath wrote:
Ganso wrote:most ridiculous logic MTD,or did you forget that almost every single midfielder we have been linked to are big games flops

Hamsik? He plays better in big games, I've never seen Pastore flop, and when did Nasri flop? He played well against Barcelona in the champions league, and I honestly can't remember ever seeing him flop. Can you give me specific examples when?
Hamsik plays in big games?have we watched the same hamsik?

Pastore flopped most of the matches i saw him,he had like 6 flop of the week team appearances in goal.com in a row one time(i know its not reliable,but still)...hes world class when he decides to show up though

Nasri?Ask any Arsenal fan,he played great in the beginning of the season,then completely disappeared in the other half.Specially on the decisive matches like Birmingham,man U,liverpool etc.No wonder most fans are ok with the idea of selling him

I might have exaggerated on cesc,but this season he wasnt the same,i guess injuries hit him badly
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Milantildeath Mon Jul 04, 2011 9:10 pm

Giancarlo wrote:Hamsik is not a big game player... he disappears in those. I think Pastore or Nasri would be better options...

Pastore is not an option, he is valued at 50mil!!!! no way. Hamsik can also play anywhere in the Mid, while Pastore is more of just an attacker
Milantildeath
Milantildeath
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by baresi Mon Jul 04, 2011 10:37 pm

Please lets not forget the problems Pastore and Palermo went through this season with changing coavhes and Pastore having issues with the new coach etc...
baresi
baresi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Giancarlo Tue Jul 05, 2011 2:07 am

Milantildeath wrote:
Giancarlo wrote:Hamsik is not a big game player... he disappears in those. I think Pastore or Nasri would be better options...

Pastore is not an option, he is valued at 50mil!!!! no way. Hamsik can also play anywhere in the Mid, while Pastore is more of just an attacker

Hamsik is a massive big game flop though... and even though I like the player I'll say pass. And not only that Napoli values him at 50 million too... so under your definition... impossible!

I think we can get Pastore for 30-35 million, not 50 million. And we need more of just an attacker... we don't have a real AM... and it's a serious problem. And Hamsik completely disappears in that position when playing against teams like Inter, Milan, and Juventus.

And anyone can type silly stuff and say that Fabregas, Nasri and others are big game flops... but so what? They are world class players. Ibrahimovic, Robinho and Pato have flopped in big games. Does that mean we don't make investments? I just think Hamsik out of those is the weakest option... and I was initially in favor of going for him.

Who are the players people have in mind that are not big game flops? Care to tell me about them... Who then?
Giancarlo
Giancarlo
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Tue Jul 05, 2011 2:56 am

Hamsik disappears when Napoli are playing in a big game, though to be honest that's a characteristic of the team. They're still quite shy when it comes to huge games and they've only recently begun improving, though they still lack the heart and decisiveness they're capable of showing when they are challenged by the likes of Milan or Villareal. There's no reason he can't improve, and honestly league titles aren't even necessarily won in the big games, whilst it's not only Hamsik's responsibility. If you added him to our team against Inter we wouldn't see a four goal turnaround all of a sudden.

I'd definitely take Pastore, however Zamparini is insane. Nasri was nowhere to be seen when Arsenal needed him this season. Also against Barcelona he came alive with a few great passes in the second half of the first leg, but that was when Arsenal were actually on top in midfield. Up against the odds in the Camp Nou, Dani Alves ate him alive. What happens when we're losing the midfield battle? What happens when we're in an injury crisis and it lands on Nasri's shoulders?

All the options listed are worthy talents, however in the end they've all a lot to prove and each has his own risks. Pragmatism on the market is probably just as good a determinant of our path as anything else. I've no doubt that if Hamsik, Nasri, Pastore or Ganso came to Milan they'd continue their natural improvement as they're all young and capable. Any one of them would go a long way to defending our title in Serie A. Europe however, is a far different monster.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Giancarlo Tue Jul 05, 2011 2:59 am

Hamsik and Pastore have been both valued very high by their respective teams. I even remember Napoli putting a 100 million euro price tag on Hamsik and saying they would never sell to Milan... and would only sell to Inter.

Young players can be inconsistent that was my point. But they still have room to grow.
Giancarlo
Giancarlo
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Tue Jul 05, 2011 3:33 am

Everyone wants Pastore...But Zamparini has WAAAAAAAY overplayed his hand with him and scared everyone away

There was a great article on football italia detailing the risks of asking for too much for sanchez/pastore etc....Zamp has definitely done it

Also I agree with ganso et al...hamsik is definitely a big game flop

I'm not a big Nasri fan either..
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by elmickio Tue Jul 05, 2011 1:11 pm

I would like to see someone like Hamsik to play in a bigger squad and see how he fairs, he ticks all the boxes when it comes to midfield attributes.

This big game flop tag is being loosely used nowadays.

The only person who desn't seem to be a big game flop is Messi, but now apparently he is too after his last international game.

elmickio
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Cruijf Tue Jul 05, 2011 3:48 pm

ROLFMAO @ messi being a 'big game flop.' Anyway on the subject of Hamsik I really think we should just stay away.First of all he would cost way too much. Second, yes he does disappear in big games. And third we have a much better option right in front of us in Vidal. There's absolutely no reason to get Hamsik IMO.
Cruijf
Cruijf
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2