CR- 'I won't Close The Door On A Utd return'

4 posters

Go down

CR- 'I won't Close The Door On A Utd return' Empty CR- 'I won't Close The Door On A Utd return'

Post by RED Tue Sep 06, 2011 3:29 pm

Cristiano Ronaldo has refused to rule out a return to Manchester United – but admits he would be happy to finish his career at Real Madrid.

The 26-year-old Portugal winger, who spent six successful years at Old Trafford, says he misses the Premier League but insists he is happy at the Bernabéu since his £80m move from United in 2009.

“I don’t close the door, so maybe in the future I hope so, because I know the league, I know the players, I know the atmosphere,” Ronaldo told Sky Sports.

“Why not? I hope so one day, but you never know.
The team that I like more in England is Manchester but I cannot say that I am going to play there one day because I am very, very happy in Madrid.

“I’ve said a few times that, if Madrid want, I can sign for 10 years more until the finish of my career but nobody knows the future.

“I cannot lie to you and say I will stay here ten years, that I am not going to come back to Manchester. It is not fair on my part. Let’s see what future God has prepared for me.”

Ronaldo, who scored 118 goals and was named PFA player of the year on two occasions during his spell in England, has fond memories of Old Trafford and still keeps in touch with Sir Alex Ferguson, who he describes as a “second dad”.

“I said a few times that to play for Real Madrid was my dream – as it was for Manchester too,” he continued. “For me they are the best clubs in the world, apart from maybe Barcelona, Chelsea, Arsenal, Milan.

“I’m really happy with what I did in Manchester because I don’t forget the six years that I passed there. I have a lot of friends there. Sir Alex Ferguson is my second dad – he helped me a lot to improve and now Mr Mourinho too because they are experienced managers who win many things, so for me they are the best coaches.

“I have good memories from Manchester and when I watch sometimes the games I miss it a lot because it’s part of me I left in England. Just because I play in Madrid I’m not going to miss speaking with the old guys so, when I have an opportunity, I speak with Sir Alex Ferguson.

“It was important for me when I played there, when my life was there, so it is good to speak with him because I’ll never forget who really helped me.”

Source

top man!
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

CR- 'I won't Close The Door On A Utd return' Empty Re: CR- 'I won't Close The Door On A Utd return'

Post by Busby Babe Tue Sep 06, 2011 3:44 pm

Does he say that because he has not achieved what he has wanted to at Real Madrid? I'm not sure

If it was asked last season or at the start of the transfer window then I wouldn't mind having him back.

But we've moved on. The team plays a much better style of football when the team is built around Rooney and not him, and who would he replace? Nani and him play the same position but not the same role.

Despite saying that, it's nice to hear that he is still fond of the club...
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

CR- 'I won't Close The Door On A Utd return' Empty Re: CR- 'I won't Close The Door On A Utd return'

Post by RED Tue Sep 06, 2011 4:19 pm

I agree that we have a better team chemistry now without him. Just nice to know he still feels attached to United and that he hasn't forgotten what SAF and the club has done for him.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Tue Sep 06, 2011 6:16 pm

he will only return in a Madrid shirt....we all loved Ronnie when he was here, but we are a better team now.

it will be a great night when Madrid come to Old Trafford....it will be electric, really hope we play them this year
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Wed Sep 07, 2011 7:24 pm

B-Mac MUFC wrote:he will only return in a Madrid shirt....we all loved Ronnie when he was here, but we are a better team now.

it will be a great night when Madrid come to Old Trafford....it will be electric, really hope we play them this year

yeah me too. I reckon we would beat them too. I have a feeling CR and RM will be playing United this season, we've avoided each other for far too long.....................mainly because they couldn't pass the last 16.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by DagenhamDave Thu Sep 08, 2011 11:44 am

grass isnt always greener on the other side aye ronaldo. probably regrets taking a step down and joining madrid
DagenhamDave
DagenhamDave
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum