cripsy dipsy
M99
dostoevsky
ciro1316
IrasMaldinista
16 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

He's At The Door! Empty He's At The Door!

Post by IrasMaldinista Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:24 pm

I hate reports based on suspicious sources and what opportunist journalists invent to heat up the atmosphere.

What I love in transfer seasons are credible interviews, when Galliani is caught by a mass of journalists with microphones shoved up his nose, Allegri gives another of his admittedly boring but important press conference or an interview from a player is published.

So, this thread was meant to be mostly about my favorite play-maker in the world Football today, but I plan to bring up other players' issues up too.

"I wanna beat Barcelona first and then join Milan in January..."

These ain't what Inler said, not what Vidal said. These are not Montolivo's words, or Adebayor's or any other above-average player we are constantly (needlessly) being linked to for that matter.

These are Paulo "Ganso" Henrique Lima's words only two days after their long-awaited conquer of South America's fascinating Football. His Santos were meant to win because they won't have such a fantastic squad for a long time.

What he said so easily is testament to Galliani and Braida's endless works in Brazil, where they sectretly made sure Milan get not the mercurial Neymar, but beautiful Ganso.

Allegri says we must first see what he's capable of in Europe. Well, where else better than Milan for Ganso to show off his nowadays-scarce gifts? Who else better than our very own Pato to receive his Selecao teammate's unbelievable through-balls?

So, why January?

I know Ganso says he wants to be a Santos player when the Club World Cup kicks start, but we got our reasons too.

Milan will sign either Fabregas or Hamsik, that's for sure.

Fabregas is a candidate in case Barca spend it all on Rossi and Sanchez and of course, if Berlusconi authorizes Galliani to take as much as he needs from his boss's practically unlimited bank account. 50m isn't a small amount. Not at all.

And if the Fabregas dream failed to materialize, Hamsik is available for no more than 30m.

Then we'll be left with a squad that will easily pick up right from they left off in Serie-A until the turn of the year.
We got some UCL group stage games to deal with along with our league games, which are unofficially considered our second objective.

Ganso will be the icing on the cake. He will be what Ronaldo was in 2006-07, the missing element that will elevate our playing level immensely and decrease the pressure on other midfielders.

His unique gift to pick defenses apart and find their invisible holes through killer balls is what we haven't had for a while.
He reminds us of those true Footballers of the past with a superb brain and delicate feet, he's one of those rare cases that have seemingly jumped here right from the 70s, like in Riquelme's case.

And with his arrival, I feel it, I feel Seedorf's departure.

That's the only logical way of looking at things, we can't have more than one undisputed starter for each role, and as much as we need our subs to be top-quality stuff, we can't have two as-good players for any role.

Seedorf has been a starter since he was 16, he won't accept "You're old." and "You're not suitable for tomorrow night's physical encounter."

In his opinion, he is still more than good enough to be in the main XI every goddamn three days, which is impossible.
Seedorf will put the number 10 on Ganso come the beginning of 2012-13, that's my way of seeing things.

On another note, Cassano won't remain with Milan this Summer.
This is such a deja vu, do you agree?

We watched exactly the same thing happen around 6-7 months ago.
Who was it? Simple: Ronaldinho.

A marvelous player that didn't suit Allegri's Milan.
Cassano is not the physical beast Boateng is, he just isn't Seedorf, he can't be Ibra's deputy, he doesn't boast Pato's searing pace and he doesn't run and sacrifice like Robinho does, the way Allegri requires his players to.

It's clear as day that IL Talentino is surplus to our needs, and yeah, if there was the slightest chance of Cassano remaining here, it was all ruined by El Shaarawy's smart transfer.

Add to all that the fact that it has long been said that Milan will finally help Chelsea get rid of Drogba, IMO still one of the most effective attackers in Europe.
When that happens, Cassano can only think of a good destination.

El Shaarawy will feature as a sub just like Inzaghi, while Paloschi will be loaned out, and Cassano, well, is well gone.
Milan will again count on Pato-Ibra as the main pairing up front, while Robinho and Drogba are good enough to start for any other team. Inzaghi will be our X-factor in Champions League and El Shaarawi can learn and learn more until he's reliable and strong enough.

By Acquiring Ganso in January and Hamsik in August for a total of 60m, Milan will have spent as much as last year's 70m, having in mind Pharaoh's 10m half.

You see the gap between us and Barca looks huge, even after the arrival of these players I mentioned, but we would be the most equipped side to challenge them, wouldn't we?

We'll have vastly experienced midfielders such as physical ones like Van Bommel, Ambrosini and Gattuso, absolute runners like Flamini, technique-stamina mixes like Boateng and Hamsik and absolute magic-touch ones like Ganso.

Then in attack Ibra and Drogba are unarguably the two most powerful CFs around, Pato is a phenomenon, Inzaghi the master and Robinho and El Shaarawy the incisive-running wingers of our attacking force.

As for defence, I wonder how Taiwo will perform, other than that Abate will only get better and Thiago-Nesta is totally proved.

We will need a few months to put things in their place and find the optimum order and harmony, but the horizon looks shiny, I like the image of 2011-12 Milan and I think it won't be a surprise flop.

After all this talk, I still miss them.
I miss Captain Maldini and Kaka.

If only they were still here...
Well, one would do for now!
IrasMaldinista
IrasMaldinista
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

He's At The Door! Empty Re: He's At The Door!

Post by ciro1316 Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:51 pm

great post well said

ciro1316
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Fri Jun 24, 2011 2:11 pm

I'm beginning to share in the excitement of Ganso, though part of me demands that I remain grounded until I see Galliani present him in Milan.

I shall certainly agree with you that Seedorf has only a year left, and under my own personal rotation system of our squad he would only feature as a super-sub in the League and when injuries mount, however I have my hopes that it will be a beautiful swan song to watch, though it will be hard to see it pass by. Even when Seedorf plays poorly what is most frustrating is that it seems so ill deserved that a player of his calibre might struggle and be hounded by his own fans. If only for a few games next year I hope to see the Clarence of old, though I wish to see him these few times only I am afraid.

I certainly no longer want Hamsik now that Ganso is within an arms reach, whilst deeper in midfield I feel ready to carry Poli on my back from Genoa to Milan. I see your point with Cassano and Galliani's language hasn't convinced me of late, however I still want to hold onto him. He hasn't been a workhorse, however he's been calm and hasn't complained about his situation. At least, unlike Ronaldinho, Cassano knows very well that he has something to prove, something to work for and that no matter how far he comes there will always be something extra he has to do. The carrot of Champions League football may yet sustain his career in Milan; if not locking him in a room with Gattuso for three straight days might also work wonders, though it might involve breaking the Geneva Convention. I still think it's worth a shot. I fear you might be right, as the feeling resembles the secret dread as Pirlo's departure became more imminent.

I wouldn't put it past Milan to buy Drogba, however I do honestly believe he'll stay at Chelsea. Falcao isn't any more compatible with Torres than Drogba - I'd argue he's even less so - and one just doesn't write off a 50 million euro investment. Drogba is established, experienced, willing to fight for his place and won't cause any embarassment to Roman. Villas-Boas might get his way in the end, however it doesn't make any sense and I shall trust in my common sense until rumours further intensify on the matter.

I really don't want to comment on Taiwo until I see him play in our shirt, until now I'm simply in hope. If he succeeds, it's fantastic news, if he's average at least he was free and if he's hardly better than Antonini I'll sit around massaging my ego, assuring myself that the left back I'd have handpicked would have done better at the Milanello :coffee:

At the end of all of this...we better actually deliver in our transfer market.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Fri Jun 24, 2011 2:16 pm

Great post but Cassano will stay. HEesaid it, Galliani said it, Allegri said it, his agent said it. And Arsenal just rejected a 27 million pound offer for Fabregas from Barca, LOL and they bought Sanchez for 15 million more. I just want to see the look on Xavi's face if we sign Fabregas. And nah I don't think Drogba will leave. Even if he leaves, he said he wants to finish his career at Marseille.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by IrasMaldinista Fri Jun 24, 2011 3:46 pm

milanista99 wrote:Great post but Cassano will stay. HEesaid it, Galliani said it, Allegri said it, his agent said it. And Arsenal just rejected a 27 million pound offer for Fabregas from Barca, LOL and they bought Sanchez for 15 million more. I just want to see the look on Xavi's face if we sign Fabregas. And nah I don't think Drogba will leave. Even if he leaves, he said he wants to finish his career at Marseille.
I've become a Milan historian of my own, you know, so I ask you to look at the following soap opera:

June 2010:

Adriano Galliani: "Ibrahimovic? F*** you!"
Juan Laporta: "Ibrahimovic? F*** you!"
Mino Raiola: "Ibrahimovic? F*** you!"
Zlatan Ibrahimovic: "Transfer? F*** you!"

July 2010:

Adriano Galliani: "Ibrahimovic? It's impossible, we can't afford him."
Juan Laporta: "Ibrahimovic to Milan? Absolutely not. This was only his first season here and we don't plan to sell him."
Mino Raiola: "Ibrahimovic? He is very happy at Barca and will see out his contract."
Zlatan Ibrahimovic: "Transfer? Anything can happen, but for now I'm in the best team in the world and I want to stay."

August 2010:

Adriano Galliani: "Ibrahimovic? He is a player we like, but the figures are too astronomical for an Italian club with this tax system."
Juan Laporta: "Ibrahimovic to Milan? It's natural that top clubs are after him, but we didn't invest so much in him for one year."
Mino Raiola: "Ibrahimovic? He has a contract until 2014 and Barca have no intention to sell the best striker in the game."
Zlatan Ibrahimovic: "Transfer? I don't think so, I want to stay and win the Champions League with Barcelona."

September 2010:

Ibrahimovic scores his first goal for Milan.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's way too easy to deny everything Milanista99, even a 2-year-old boy can deny breaking his daddy's cell-phone, but how much of this is true?

The arrival of all of these guys we are linked to are absolutely possible for the right price, the thing is Galliani is too seasoned to do his job like Juventus' post-Calciopoli directors.

He knows that in the last week of August, Kaka, Balotelli, Dzeko, Fabregas, Hamsik, Aquilani, Montolivo etc are gonna be available for a nice cut-price deal, so there's no need to rush with 2 months to go.

In the meantime, if a golden opportunity like that of El Shaarawy came up, Milan and its Galliani ain't the "miss-out" type.
Pato is another example of Galliani's opportunist approach.

Say what you will guys, we will have signed more than one player come September.
IrasMaldinista
IrasMaldinista
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by cripsy dipsy Fri Jun 24, 2011 6:39 pm

For the 1st time iras, i disagree with your opinion.
First, it would be mission impossible to get fabregas, let alone getting either him or hamsik(which i consider not needed and the least player of milan's interest) together with ganso. The fact remains that we are getting just one player to replace pirlo, after that some will leave(strasser,paloschi, etc) to make room for the maximum 25 players.
Moreover even if drogba was the last available player on the market, we wouldnt still sign him come on mehn that man is 33, we are in the process of rebuilding and i doubt if we would take 4 steps backward after moving 2 forward. We don't even need a striker in the 1st instance.
Furthermore, i don't just see cassano leaving infact, i believe he would be one of our protagonist next season and am sure he would be willing to beg galliani on his knees to remain cause he knows this is his last chance Afro
cripsy dipsy
cripsy dipsy
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by IrasMaldinista Fri Jun 24, 2011 8:41 pm

cripsy dipsy wrote:For the 1st time iras, i disagree with your opinion.
First, it would be mission impossible to get fabregas, let alone getting either him or hamsik(which i consider not needed and the least player of milan's interest) together with ganso. The fact remains that we are getting just one player to replace pirlo, after that some will leave(strasser,paloschi, etc) to make room for the maximum 25 players.
Moreover even if drogba was the last available player on the market, we wouldnt still sign him come on mehn that man is 33, we are in the process of rebuilding and i doubt if we would take 4 steps backward after moving 2 forward. We don't even need a striker in the 1st instance.
Furthermore, i don't just see cassano leaving infact, i believe he would be one of our protagonist next season and am sure he would be willing to beg galliani on his knees to remain cause he knows this is his last chance Afro
Right after reading your first sentence, Cripsy, I pushed the "Thanks" button.
Because it's great that you care.

As for your opinions, sorry man, I disagree too (naturally)!

Last year, when Galliani and even Berlusconi hadn't openly promised signing of an absolute star, we signed Prince, Ibra and Binho, and in total we allocated 72m to transfers, which is pretty big.

Up until a few days ago, we hadn't spent a dime, now El Shaarawy has only taken 10m of our money.

We're left with an apparently large kitty in the region of 30-40m to spend in the summer on Mister X, with another 25-30m for Ganso's Winter arrival.

30m is enough for Hamsik, and if we add Emanuelson and Cassano to that amount, we can have Fabregas in hand (in case Barca ultimately fail to capture him).

Additionally, there's the possibility of bagging Kaka or even Balotelli on loan with the option to buy.

We can only lean back and watch Galliani do his magic.

On Drogba I'm not 100% sure, but seeing that he's available for less than 10m I'm ready to bet on it.
33? Inzaghi tore Liverpool apart at 34, who gives a crap if another sub player is old? In any case Drogba is still one of the top 10 strikers around.

Drogs is an August transfer, because by then we will know whether Villas Boas will sign Hulk and Falcao or not, and if they do, the big guy's price will drop even further.

As for Cassano, let me tell you what, he won't take any chances with only 12 months left until Euro 2012.

He needs to start at least 30 games to look good-enough in Prandelli's eyes, this means moving to a smaller club but not a small club. Fiorentina are constantly being linked to him, I believe their interest exists.

Say what you will, I'm entitled to what I said: We will sign more than one player by September, and I ain't taking Ganso into account, that will be a Winter story.

Last edited by IrasMaldinista on Fri Jun 24, 2011 8:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
IrasMaldinista
IrasMaldinista
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Fri Jun 24, 2011 8:42 pm

guys as i posted in the other topic,he denied he said that on his twitter lol
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by CroInter Fri Jun 24, 2011 8:42 pm

Hannibal?
CroInter
CroInter
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by cripsy dipsy Fri Jun 24, 2011 10:44 pm

IrasMaldinista wrote:
cripsy dipsy wrote:For the 1st time iras, i disagree with your opinion.
Right after reading your first sentence, Cripsy, I pushed the "Thanks" button.
Because it's great that you care.

As for your opinions, sorry man, I disagree too (naturally)!

Last year, when Galliani and even Berlusconi hadn't openly promised signing of an absolute star, we signed Prince, Ibra and Binho, and in total we allocated 72m to transfers, which is pretty big.

Up until a few days ago, we hadn't spent a dime, now El Shaarawy has only taken 10m of our money.

We're left with an apparently large kitty in the region of 30-40m to spend in the summer on Mister X, with another 25-30m for Ganso's Winter arrival.

30m is enough for Hamsik, and if we add Emanuelson and Cassano to that amount, we can have Fabregas in hand (in case Barca ultimately fail to capture him).

Additionally, there's the possibility of bagging Kaka or even Balotelli on loan with the option to buy.

We can only lean back and watch Galliani do his magic.

On Drogba I'm not 100% sure, but seeing that he's available for less than 10m I'm ready to bet on it.
33? Inzaghi tore Liverpool apart at 34, who gives a crap if another sub player is old? In any case Drogba is still one of the top 10 strikers around.

Drogs is an August transfer, because by then we will know whether Villas Boas will sign Hulk and Falcao or not, and if they do, the big guy's price will drop even further.

As for Cassano, let me tell you what, he won't take any chances with only 12 months left until Euro 2012.

He needs to start at least 30 games to look good-enough in Prandelli's eyes, this means moving to a smaller club but not a small club. Fiorentina are constantly being linked to him, I believe their interest exists.

Say what you will, I'm entitled to what I said: We will sign more than one player by September, and I ain't taking Ganso into account, that will be a Winter story.

The big difference between this and last year is that our team was crying for reinforcement last year, but this already great squad merely needs fine tunning which IMO requires just one super signing(ganso). So as i see things, ganso is the one and only mr x (cesc,bastian mission impossible, hamsik not in our plans).
What makes you think drogba will leave chelsea and be contented with a role on the bench(when that would be his reason for leaving chelsea) cause i don't envision him in our starting 11.
If we sign two players, plus ganso=3, we would be left with 35 players of which 10 must depart to make room for the 25 galliani and allegri talked about, and i don't see this happening Afro
cripsy dipsy
cripsy dipsy
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by baresi Fri Jun 24, 2011 11:58 pm

I think Cassano's sitation has a lot to do with who else are we getting, if we get a tough type of mid then I dont see Cassano's lack of tracking back or defencive wrok rate a problem.

baresi
baresi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by baresi Sat Jun 25, 2011 12:00 am

As for Drogba I would only like for him to end his career with Milan.
baresi
baresi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by cositomilan Sat Jun 25, 2011 1:56 am

Galliani will work his magic watch and learn from the best negotiator around
cositomilan
cositomilan
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 25, 2011 2:08 am

cositomilan wrote:Galliani will work his magic watch and learn from the best negotiator around

Off topic: Is that Brie Bella in your Ava?

Back to top Go down

Post by Superpeppe Fri Jul 01, 2011 7:49 pm

sciacca wrote:
cositomilan wrote:Galliani will work his magic watch and learn from the best negotiator around

Off topic: Is that Brie Bella in your Ava?

Megan Fox
Superpeppe
Superpeppe
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Cruijf Sat Jul 02, 2011 2:49 am

I think I have to agree with cripsy here. Unless I'm misunderstanding something here, you're suggesting wwe'll get 2 players in the summer, not including ganso, who will come in the winter. I'm sorry, but that's not happening. The only player we're getting is Ganso and (possibly) vidal. That's it. Fabregas and bastian are 1000% not coming.
Cruijf
Cruijf
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by dreamer Sat Jul 02, 2011 9:59 am

IrasMaldinista wrote:After all this talk, I still miss them.
I miss Captain Maldini and Kaka.

If only they were still here...
Well, one would do for now!

I'm sorry to say this... but the Kaka of RM in 2011 can't stand in his own shadow when he was playing for MILAN! :coffee:

So I'm wondering what will happen when he plays "again" for us... will he become a flop, because of the big expectations, or will he become a star again! Rolling Eyes
My personal thinking goes in the direction of the first option! Neutral
dreamer
dreamer
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by elmickio Sat Jul 02, 2011 11:55 pm

Did ganso not deny tis?

elmickio
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Giancarlo Sun Jul 03, 2011 3:44 am

I get what Iras is saying... Maldini ended his career with Milan. Kaka left.. end of story. Nonetheless, Milan moves on. No one player is Milan. We should not try to get Kaka back because he's really declined badly as a player and reunions are almost never successful. It's like a relationship that ended... you don't try to get back with the person later on... trust me... you'll just set yourself up for failure (at least in my experience).
Giancarlo
Giancarlo
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by baresi Sun Jul 03, 2011 9:51 pm

Giancarlo wrote:I get what Iras is saying... Maldini ended his career with Milan. Kaka left.. end of story. Nonetheless, Milan moves on. No one player is Milan. We should not try to get Kaka back because he's really declined badly as a player and reunions are almost never successful. It's like a relationship that ended... you don't try to get back with the person later on... trust me... you'll just set yourself up for failure (at least in my experience).
In your case who ended the relation and who cameback?
baresi
baresi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Giancarlo Sun Jul 03, 2011 9:53 pm

Um it was mutual end... then we tried again, and to no avail. Such things just don't end well.
Giancarlo
Giancarlo
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Milantildeath Sun Jul 03, 2011 10:12 pm

After tonight's game he can stay at the door for his price
Milantildeath
Milantildeath
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by elmickio Mon Jul 04, 2011 8:46 am

Milantildeath wrote:After tonight's game he can stay at the door for his price

lol.....nice one

elmickio
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Mon Jul 04, 2011 8:52 am

Milantildeath wrote:After tonight's game he can stay at the door for his price

I agree, I'd much rather go for Hamsik, who never disappears from important games! Oh wait...you're right, let's go for Nasri instead. He always steps up to the pla...um, never mind. Hey remember Aquilani? He's the solution, ever present and consi...um...

...I'll get back to you.

I didn't see the game - I'd forgotten it was on - however one can only be so poor in a single game.

Unless you're Bonera.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by elmickio Mon Jul 04, 2011 8:57 am

To be honest Dostoevsky, it was one game, wheteher it was nerves or just plain lack of fitness, who knows?

Believe me, he was poor, he didn't offer anyhting to the match. I just know and can envision Allergi, not enjoying them kind of performances too often.

elmickio
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next