Why are Germans of this generation sucky in penalties?

+21
Eman
CBarca
Adit
DeviAngel
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Lord Awesome
vizkosity
rwo power
dostoevsky
Brady2Moss
Cotes
McAgger
Zealous
VivaStPauli
vivabarca38
Thimmy
Madvillain
S
The Messiah
VanDeezNuts
Sushi Master
25 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Why are Germans of this generation sucky in penalties? Empty Why are Germans of this generation sucky in penalties?

Post by Sushi Master Sat May 19, 2012 10:57 pm

Seriously. Not that Schwein sucks, but there still is a lack of ice cold nerves.

Neuer had to shoot, FFS. Kroos didn't shoot for some reason. Gómez kicks that shit far too soft.

Plus they've missed a lot in friendlies and even in the WC. It's no longer an automatic German win when it comes to penalties anymore.

Is it because they are focusing more on technique nowadays?
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Why are Germans of this generation sucky in penalties? Empty Re: Why are Germans of this generation sucky in penalties?

Post by VanDeezNuts Sat May 19, 2012 11:06 pm

the pk lineup was bizarre. why would neuer be forced to take a kick- that was the worst decision for me. fortunately he made his but had he missed his confidence would be shot for the rest of the pks

then olic- why? he has barely played. kroos and robben should have grown some balls and stepped up. i understand why robben didnt take one because his confidence was shit but kroos grow some balls

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Why are Germans of this generation sucky in penalties? Empty Re: Why are Germans of this generation sucky in penalties?

Post by The Messiah Sat May 19, 2012 11:08 pm

Our players lack motivation, they don't have a true leader, and yeah, we really need to get rid of Gomez
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

http://pose-grpp.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by S Sat May 19, 2012 11:09 pm

Not experienced enough..Some players are relatively young..
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Madvillain Sat May 19, 2012 11:09 pm

Robben said only just a little while ago that he felt taking two penalties in one game isn't smart. That's the reason he didn't step up. Doens't exactly have to do with growing balls (although if you'd give him a purse he'd run with it) as he wouldn't have taken the first penalty if that were the case.
Madvillain
Madvillain
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Barcelona

http://thvnderbvrst.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Sat May 19, 2012 11:10 pm

I think a CL-final penalty shootout makes it extremely difficult for any player to focus properly; it's very much down to luck. I thought Lampard looked like he was about to choke, but he actually scored by shooting the ball in the centre of the goal.. and it worked. So yeah.. It's not as much based on ability as it is on making the "right" decision.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by vivabarca38 Sat May 19, 2012 11:13 pm

Lampard is one of those players that its really rare for him to miss a penalty,Shweini is that type too.I was really surprised when he missed.
vivabarca38
vivabarca38
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Sat May 19, 2012 11:13 pm

The Messiah wrote:Our players lack motivation, they don't have a true leader, and yeah, we really need to get rid of Gomez

Lol, be loyal to one of your players for ONCE.

But I agree on the leader part, in matches like this, Bayern miss Mark van Bommel.
That being said, I don't think there is a lot to be discussed. Gomez looks tired, and he has played far too many matches.

This is a problem Bayern have realized and they're already looking to sign someone.
Schweinsteiger, without injury, would've been that leader, and Alaba had the nerves that were missing now.

It's a depth problem, and Bayern brass said repeatedly they're looking to sign.

I don't think the fact that they lost the final changes anything TBH, Bayern still played very well, and if they had another proper striker to rotate with Gomez, he probably wouldn't have been tired out and shit since February.

I'm amazed at how people manage to forget how well he played during the winter.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Sat May 19, 2012 11:15 pm

Hete BLKSM wrote:Robben said only just a little while ago that he felt taking two penalties in one game isn't smart. That's the reason he didn't step up. Doens't exactly have to do with growing balls (although if you'd give him a purse he'd run with it) as he wouldn't have taken the first penalty if that were the case.

so you didnt read my post?

"i understand why robben didnt take one because his confidence was shit"

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Madvillain Sat May 19, 2012 11:17 pm

vanDEEZ wrote:
Hete BLKSM wrote:Robben said only just a little while ago that he felt taking two penalties in one game isn't smart. That's the reason he didn't step up. Doens't exactly have to do with growing balls (although if you'd give him a purse he'd run with it) as he wouldn't have taken the first penalty if that were the case.

so you didnt read my post?

"i understand why robben didnt take one because his confidence was shit"

So you didn't read my post?

as he wouldn't have taken the first penalty if that were the case.
Madvillain
Madvillain
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Sat May 19, 2012 11:21 pm

god youre stupid. i was talking about the pk line up after extra time. i understand why robben didnt take one because his confidence was shit from missing the first pk.

thats all i was saying, he still should have stepped up and taken a pk over neuer and olic despite missing his first pk. same with kroos.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Sat May 19, 2012 11:24 pm

Iker made Kroos doubt himself :bow:

Anyway I think Ramos and Kaka bailed Bayern out the last time. When players with actual nerves stepped up Bayern's inexperience showed.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sat May 19, 2012 11:24 pm

The Messiah wrote:Our players lack motivation, they don't have a true leader, and yeah, we really need to get rid of Gomez

LOL....You were circle jerking around Gomez all year, and now this. :lol!:
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Sat May 19, 2012 11:26 pm

Messiah "Aggerswagger" wrote:

The jerk is strong with this young knee.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Madvillain Sat May 19, 2012 11:26 pm

vanDEEZ wrote:god youre stupid. i was talking about the pk line up after extra time. i understand why robben didnt take one because his confidence was shit from missing the first pk.

thats all i was saying, he still should have stepped up and taken a pk over neuer and olic despite missing his first pk. same with kroos.

You are hilarious. I already explained to you what his motivation for not taking more than one penalty per game is. If anything, you should call it superstition. I already stated in my earlier post that it is something he does more often, regardless of whether he scored the first time or not. So no, it doesn't have to do with a shitty confidence. God, you're dense.
Madvillain
Madvillain
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Sat May 19, 2012 11:28 pm

robben not taking a penalty was not due to bad confidence? and im dense? have you ever played football before in a high stakes match?

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Sat May 19, 2012 11:31 pm

Messiah "Aggerswagger" wrote:

HE'S AN ASSHOLE, DIDN'T YOU WATCH THE MATCH.

I WILL BE STUPID TO SAY HE'S A GOOD STRIKER, ONE OF THE WORST STRIKER TO EVER PLAY FOR US
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Sat May 19, 2012 11:33 pm

So the entire past two seasons count for nothing? :vagi:
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Cotes Sat May 19, 2012 11:35 pm

This is a Bull thread...
reason, Robben is not German & Olic is not German.
3 out of 4 Germans score & now the whole generation gets criticized!
Also the same one who missed the last penalty was the hero at the Bernabeu!

but say anything once as you get comments in a thread right?
Cotes
Cotes
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sat May 19, 2012 11:36 pm

Is Schweini the new Ballack?

runner-up in Bundesliga
runner-up in Pokal
runner-up in CL
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Madvillain Sat May 19, 2012 11:37 pm

vanDEEZ wrote:robben not taking a penalty was not due to bad confidence? and im dense? have you ever played football before in a high stakes match?

The funny thing is that you accuse me of not reading your posts and saying I'm stupid, even though you are clearly incapable of reading my post and interpreting them in a correct manner. I'm not going to waste more time on you after this post because this is probably never going to sink in, but:
He has stated in at least one previous occasion that he doesn't want to take two penalties in one game. Even if he scores the first, he'll let another player take a possible second penalty. What does this tell you? He'll pass up on the second penalty whether or not he failed in his first = superstition rather than confidence. Enjoy the rest of your weekend, I'm out.
Madvillain
Madvillain
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Brady2Moss Sat May 19, 2012 11:39 pm

Maybe Schweini should have taken a page out of this guy's book...best penalty I have seen in years!! Run and don't stop for nothing..

Why are Germans of this generation sucky in penalties? David-Luiz-Chelsea-v-Live-007

Last edited by Brady2Moss on Sat May 19, 2012 11:41 pm; edited 1 time in total

Brady2Moss
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Sat May 19, 2012 11:40 pm

VivaStPauli wrote:So the entire past two seasons count for nothing? :vagi:

Yeah it mean nothing to me, he can GTFO OF BAYERN WITH HIS 40GOALS

HE'S A BAD LUCK, ALONG WITH THAT BAYER LEVERKUSEN COACH, NO WONDER THIS SEASON LOOKS LIKE NEVERKUSEN SEASON
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Sat May 19, 2012 11:40 pm

Brady2Moss wrote:They should take a page out of this guy's book...best penalty I have seen in years!!

Why are Germans of this generation sucky in penalties? David-Luiz-Chelsea-v-Live-007

Agreed, shot hard, fast, and into a top corner. Haven't seen anything like that since the Ballack/Frings days.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Sat May 19, 2012 11:41 pm

The Messiah wrote:Yeah it mean nothing to me, he can GTFO OF BAYERN WITH HIS 40GOALS

HE'S A BAD LUCK, ALONG WITH THAT BAYER LEVERKUSEN COACH, NO WONDER THIS SEASON LOOKS LIKE NEVERKUSEN SEASON

What have Bayern done to deserve you? :facepalm:
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next