iNFINITY9910
First Team
First Team

http://twitter.com/iNFINITY9910

Back to top Go down

Chelsea Champions of Europe - Page 8 Empty Re: Chelsea Champions of Europe

Post by Mr Nick09 Sun 20 May 2012 - 14:25

alexjanosik wrote:

What does us defending have to do with the point being discussed.
I said that Chelsea parked the bus hoofing the ball to Drogba and played stone age football and had tremendous luck.
Now you are arguing what if Chelsea is hoofing.
If you want to read my opinion on the goals we conceded against Chelsea you are more than welcome to read them on the Barca section.
and i say that Chelsea stayed composed at all times, showed tremendous determination and courage and are deserving champions.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by kiranr Sun 20 May 2012 - 14:27

Zealous wrote:
kiranr wrote:
Zealous wrote:You can't win the CL without luck, it wasn't the only reason Chelsea won though.

Of course not, but they had more luck than the other teams in the previous years. It is obvious to anyone really.

Does Overbo count as luck? hmm

Sure, we were very lucky that the Pique handball was not given. But we also very unlucky that the penalty on Henry was not given in the first leg.
kiranr
kiranr
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Sun 20 May 2012 - 14:27

I actually felt that Chelsea were calmer on the ball when they had it and looked like the better team in some spells.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sun 20 May 2012 - 14:27

kiranr wrote:

For me, it is simple, Bayern was unlucky and Chelsea was lucky. It is not really hard to admit this really. Yes, Chelsea put an amazing defensive performance, but luck had a fair share in their win and it was not just the final.

For me bayern choked in final, all those chances they squander, it's not normal, it's not luck being against them, it's choking in front of the task. That's not the mental make up of a team of champions, you simply dont choke in a final. So i wont call Chelsea lucky. Chelsea was ready, Bayern was not.

Last edited by Mr Nick09 on Sun 20 May 2012 - 14:29; edited 1 time in total
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Sun 20 May 2012 - 14:28

Se7en wrote:@alexjanosik

a quote from your favourite manager mourinho
“But there are some luminaries who believe that only one type of football exists on earth. But these people only know football through Google. They swallow knowledge, but know nothing.”

:coffee:

No offense but that quote doesnt even mean anything.Most of his quotes are that way.Stupid but ofcourse he has such a propaganda machine working for him that his followers will lap up anything he says and proclaim it as genius.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Sun 20 May 2012 - 14:28

kiranr wrote:
Zealous wrote:
kiranr wrote:
Zealous wrote:You can't win the CL without luck, it wasn't the only reason Chelsea won though.

Of course not, but they had more luck than the other teams in the previous years. It is obvious to anyone really.

Sure, we were very lucky that the Pique handball was not given. But we also very unlucky that the penalty on Henry was not given in the first leg.

I remember more than one penalty shout lol
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Sun 20 May 2012 - 14:28

alexjanosik wrote:
Se7en wrote:@alexjanosik

a quote from your favourite manager mourinho
“But there are some luminaries who believe that only one type of football exists on earth. But these people only know football through Google. They swallow knowledge, but know nothing.”

:coffee:

No offense but that quote doesnt even mean anything.Most of his quotes are that way.Stupid but ofcourse he has such a propaganda machine working for him that his followers will lap up anything he says and proclaim it as genius.

Did you Google that tid bit? hmm
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by kiranr Sun 20 May 2012 - 14:31

Mr Nick09 wrote:
kiranr wrote:

For me, it is simple, Bayern was unlucky and Chelsea was lucky. It is not really hard to admit this really. Yes, Chelsea put an amazing defensive performance, but luck had a fair share in their win and it was not just the final.

For me bayern choked in final, all those chances they squander, it's not normal, it's not luck being against them, it's choking in front of the task. That's not the mental make up of a team of champions, you simply dont choke in a final. So i wont call Chelsea lucky.

What if such a game had happened in a league game? It can happen anytime. It is like a block on your abilities. You miss one clear-cut chance, then you miss another and then it just continues. But then there are instances where you are playing badly but you manage to get a clear-cut chance and score it on the first attempt.

The above has a lot to do with luck or any such word you want to call it. Bayern did not have much fortune going their way yesterday, while Chelsea did.
kiranr
kiranr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by kiranr Sun 20 May 2012 - 14:32

Zealous wrote:
kiranr wrote:
Zealous wrote:
kiranr wrote:

I remember more than one penalty shout lol

Of course you do.
kiranr
kiranr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Sun 20 May 2012 - 14:32

Mr Nick09 wrote:
alexjanosik wrote:

What does us defending have to do with the point being discussed.
I said that Chelsea parked the bus hoofing the ball to Drogba and played stone age football and had tremendous luck.
Now you are arguing what if Chelsea is hoofing.
If you want to read my opinion on the goals we conceded against Chelsea you are more than welcome to read them on the Barca section.
and i say that Chelsea stayed composed at all times, showed tremendous determination and courage and are deserving champions.

I disagree and it comes down to how differently we view the game. I dont think a team that pars the bus,hoofballs and rides it luck to win the CL can be called deserving champions.You do and think guts,determination and mentality played a part.Lets agree to disagree.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sun 20 May 2012 - 14:35

kiranr wrote:
Mr Nick09 wrote:
kiranr wrote:

For me bayern choked in final, all those chances they squander, it's not normal, it's not luck being against them, it's choking in front of the task. That's not the mental make up of a team of champions, you simply dont choke in a final. So i wont call Chelsea lucky.

What if such a game had happened in a league game? It can happen anytime. It is like a block on your abilities. You miss one clear-cut chance, then you miss another and then it just continues. But then there are instances where you are playing badly but you manage to get a clear-cut chance and score it on the first attempt.

The above has a lot to do with luck or any such word you want to call it. Bayern did not have much fortune going their way yesterday, while Chelsea did.

In a league game i would have been more lenient with my criticism, but in a Champions League final? nah mate, never. Bayern werent ready, not tough enough, pressure overwhelmed them, to me that's not the make up of champions. You cant allow yourself to play a final like that, just no.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by kiranr Sun 20 May 2012 - 14:37

Mr Nick09 wrote:

In a league game i would have been more lenient with my criticism, but in a Champions League final? nah mate, never. Bayern werent ready, not tough enough, pressure overwhelmed them, to me that's not the make up of champions. You cant allow yourself to play a final like that, just no.

In a few rare cases, it is just not under your control. Especially in a one-off game.
kiranr
kiranr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Sun 20 May 2012 - 14:37

Mr Nick09 wrote:
kiranr wrote:
Mr Nick09 wrote:
kiranr wrote:

Give some credit man.They went to the Bernabeau and got a result.
One unlucky day doesnt mean they dont have the make up of champions.
It happens in football.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by 7amood11 Sun 20 May 2012 - 14:38

Chelsea got there and they deserved it, end of story.

Stop trying to discredit their amazing achievement. Yes Chelsea rode their luck for long spells but it takes a great amount of grit and a strong team mentality to actually do this.
7amood11
7amood11
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sun 20 May 2012 - 14:39

alexjanosik wrote:
I disagree and it comes down to how differently we view the game. I dont think a team that pars the bus,hoofballs and rides it luck to win the CL can be called deserving champions.You do and think guts,determination and mentality played a part.Lets agree to disagree.

yes i do. I dont believe that winners are determined by the style of football they play, just like there isnt a right of wrong way to play the game. we can agree to disagree.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sun 20 May 2012 - 14:41

alexjanosik wrote:
It happens in football.
no they went to the Bernabeu, lost the game, and won the Pks. they showed toughness pks on our ground, they wouldnt have been in finals otherwise, but I cant give them a pass for forgetting how to score in a final, i just cant. On paper they are still a great side, but they are missing something.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Sun 20 May 2012 - 14:44

Mr Nick09 wrote:
alexjanosik wrote:
It happens in football.
no they went to the Bernabeu, lost the game, and won the Pks. they showed toughness pks on our ground, they wouldnt have been in finals otherwise, but I cant give them a pass for forgetting how to score in a final, i just cant. On paper they are still a great side, but they are missing something.

We missed chance after chance after chance against Chelsea too.Should have won the tie comfortably by 4 or 5 goals.Messi missed a penalty too.
Do you think we too dont have the make up of champions?

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sun 20 May 2012 - 14:49

alexjanosik wrote:
We missed chance after chance after chance against Chelsea too.Should have won the tie comfortably by 4 or 5 goals.Messi missed a penalty too.

On this season you clearly couldnt close the deal. you had chances yet to missed, got to question the players missing those chances. The mental strength of a team can change from a season to another, this years you guys were under, while you were on top before.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by kiranr Sun 20 May 2012 - 14:50

Mr Nick09 wrote:
alexjanosik wrote:

On this season you clearly couldnt close the deal. you had chances yet to missed, got to question the players missing those chances. The mental strength of a team can change from a season to another, this years you guys were under, while you were on top before.

Mental strength does not change year to year or day to day.

One day you are mentally strong and thy next day you are not? That does not sound right at all.
kiranr
kiranr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Sun 20 May 2012 - 14:51

people trying to say there is a wrong and right way to play fooball Laughing

chelsea completely deserve it,they went through hell to lift that trophy.tough group stages,impossible comeback vs napoli,getting past fecking barcelona and winning it at bayern's home.
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sun 20 May 2012 - 14:57

kiranr wrote:
Mr Nick09 wrote:
alexjanosik wrote:

Mental strength does not change year to year or day to day.

One day you are mentally strong and thy next day you are not? That does not sound right at all.
yes it can change, Barcelona for example was a lot more ruthless the season before this one. Now your boys cant close games anymore. It can fluctuate.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by kiranr Sun 20 May 2012 - 14:59

Mr Nick09 wrote:yes it can change, Barcelona for example was a lot more ruthless the season before this one. Now your boys cant close games anymore. It can fluctuate.

And that has nothing to do with form?

Anyway, for me, mental strength does not fluctuate. Either you have it or you don't.

Everyone in that final game has mental strength. Otherwise they would not have gotten there. But their fortunes varied massively on that final day.
kiranr
kiranr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Sun 20 May 2012 - 15:02

Mr Nick09 wrote:
alexjanosik wrote:

Dont agree one bit.We are clearly a mentally strong team.Sometimes you have games where the ball just doesnt go in irrespective of how many chances you create.Nothing to do with mental strength.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Abramovich Sun 20 May 2012 - 15:03

Don't get why so many haters, if football was just purely based on talent then it would be shit. Favorites would always win and the games wouldn't be exciting, sure Bayern were the better team and hell we rode our luck but to win the CL you need luck.

End of the day we showed true heart, passion, desire, drive, will power every possible positive mental attribute and we won the game cup fair and square.
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sun 20 May 2012 - 15:03

kiranr wrote:
Mr Nick09 wrote:yes it can change, Barcelona for example was a lot more ruthless the season before this one. Now your boys cant close games anymore. It can fluctuate.

And that has nothing to do with form?

Anyway, for me, mental strength does not fluctuate. Either you have it or you don't.

Everyone in that final game has mental strength. Otherwise they would not have gotten there. But their fortunes varied massively on that final day.

you will find that form has a lot to do with what goes on in your mind. and it can very much be something that affects a whole group.

both teams showed toughness to get to the finals, but one team went missing in front of the task. i call that choking, and there is no way i would give a pass to someone going missing in a final. you are either present or you are not.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next