animal.crackers
LeBéninois
Dante
Rebaño Sagrado
Grande_Milano
50 posters

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Team Most Likely To Fail In Euro? - Page 3 Empty Re: Team Most Likely To Fail In Euro?

Post by sportsczy Thu May 17, 2012 2:17 pm

Anyone who makes it out of pool has a chance. Everyone can flop in the pool.

This isn't the WC where there is massive gaps between teams until the elimination rounds usually. Other than Ukraine, i think everyone is competitive. It''ll come down to form, injuries and luck.

The Euro is the most fiercely competitive NT competition out there.

sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Team Most Likely To Fail In Euro? - Page 3 Empty Re: Team Most Likely To Fail In Euro?

Post by dostoevsky Thu May 17, 2012 2:27 pm

I don't believe that Portugal are a particularly strong side, however they tend to do well against the Netherlands and I believe they're quite capable of causing an upset and knocking out the Dutch. I'm tipping the Germans and the Danes to progress from the group, however as sportsczy said, each group is very even and any qualification from the group stages looks set to be hard fought.

I'm quite nervous about Italy, playing against Spain in the first game is a fantastic opportunity to make a statement however a poor start will leave us vulnerable and we face Trappatoni's side in the final game which is a potential minefield if qualification is in the reach of the Irish.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu May 17, 2012 2:31 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
Mr Nick09 wrote:
England will do relatively well i feel.

Depends what you feel "relatively well" is i personally believe getting out of the group stage is a success Laughing

well, after losing against france i can imagine you winning until to the quarters finals, a semifinal would not shock me at all
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu May 17, 2012 2:35 pm

I wont be naming Portugal and England, because what they likely end up doing, is what I expect...sucking.

Portugal and their overly wing based attack, lack of midfield play, complete lack of a 9 and dropping of Manuel Fernandes to me means they will struggle. If they dont struggle and actually do well, it would be a surprise to me.

England are England, theres nothing else to say. Nobody says, Fulham failed...same principle.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by che Thu May 17, 2012 2:39 pm

depends on whether spain take soldado, it's science that spain + valencia players = wins, spain without valencia players = failure
che
che
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Benfica

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu May 17, 2012 2:40 pm

che wrote:depends on whether spain take soldado, it's science that spain + valencia players = wins, spain without valencia players = failure
they are safe then because Alba is starting Very Happy
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by che Thu May 17, 2012 2:41 pm

alba is a barcelona player, even emery said so today

hopefully our dipshit sporting director got at least 5 mil for him...
che
che
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Zero Thu May 17, 2012 3:03 pm

England is a shoo-in... for failure. :coffee:
Zero
Zero
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by lenear1030 Thu May 17, 2012 3:08 pm

Spain to fail, especially if you're expecting them to win.

lenear1030
lenear1030
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu May 17, 2012 3:09 pm

che wrote:alba is a barcelona player, even emery said so today

hopefully our dipshit sporting director got at least 5 mil for him...

the deal was done long ago if i remember at around 13M no?
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by che Thu May 17, 2012 3:26 pm

knowing braulio's selling efforts we'll probably get a ticket to the avengers for alba...
che
che
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by juventus101 Thu May 17, 2012 3:58 pm

Spains gonna have a rough time for sure. Theyre in arguably the second toughest group, and have lost two of their best players. Villa by himself carried thd goalscoring burden for Spain in the WC and is not evsn going to the Euro, much less missing their best defender as well (Puyol), and Xavi has been off form lately. Theyre in trouble.
juventus101
juventus101
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Thu May 17, 2012 4:50 pm

Spain will walk this euros. Only problem they have is motivation problems and bit of Injury problems but i think Del Bosque has already created a system that is less dependent on Villa and Puyol so no big deal.

If Spain is going out it will be only in shoot out ,mark my words.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by S Thu May 17, 2012 4:59 pm

Its hard enough to win the EURO(Think its far more competitive than the WC) ,shut this crap of them walking it.

S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Thu May 17, 2012 5:01 pm

lenear1030 wrote:Spain to fail, especially if you're expecting them to win.

They said this in South Africa lol
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu May 17, 2012 5:08 pm

Zealous wrote:
lenear1030 wrote:Spain to fail, especially if you're expecting them to win.

They said this in South Africa lol

I dont know why people keep saying this lol, Spain were favourites amongst practically everybody and everybody practically expected them to walk it.

It's not the same now, they are coming to an end of an era and a new era will rise and i expect Spain to flop.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Thu May 17, 2012 5:08 pm

If any team is gona walk the Euros it is Spain...

why not? they have won the past two big international tournaments while being the favorites is see no reason for them to go out.

They are still the best International Team currently by far ,none comes close.

Last edited by Adit on Thu May 17, 2012 5:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Thu May 17, 2012 5:09 pm

I think from the replies in this thread more people clearly expect Spain to fail than to win.

>Our starting centrebacks are off form or unproven
>All our Am's are off form (Silva,Iniesta) and Xavi isn't an AM and maym well be played there once again.
>Our best forwad may well miss the tournament...the 2nd best hasn't been himself for 2 1/2 years.

If we don't tweak some things we wont beat teams like Italy,France,Germany.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu May 17, 2012 5:10 pm

Le Samourai wrote:I think from the replies in this thread more people clearly expect Spain to fail than to win.

>Our starting centrebacks are off form or unproven
>All our Am's are off form (Silva,Iniesta) and Xavi isn't an AM and maym well be played there once again.
>Our best forwad may well miss the tournament...the 2nd best hasn't been himself for 2 1/2 years.

If we don't tweak some things we wont beat teams like Italy,France,Germany.

Exactly what i think, plus its built around a losing Barca team :coffee:
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Thu May 17, 2012 5:12 pm

Off form ?

The off form didnt stop Xavi from being the best player of Euro 2008 ,he was coming after a sub standard season in La liga.

Silva isnt off form nor is Iniesta.

Tell me which other team can have bunch of world class players as back up players?
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Thu May 17, 2012 5:20 pm

XAVI WAS NOT THE BEST PLAYER AT EURO 08.

Now that that's out of the way.....I'm explaining people's doubts....but I'm saying adjustments have to be made as well.

4-2-3-1 with Xavi as a AM is rubbish.I don't care if we tried to play it and won a World Cup it's rubbish.

Silva....I rather Cazorla at this point and Del Bosque might not even call him up.

No other team can, that's why I think alot of hope lies in our 2nd unit, the way things are shaping up our starters will not deliver.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Thu May 17, 2012 5:20 pm

Only problem Spain has is at CB and maybe at CF if Del Bosque remains stubborn. Pique has been really meh and Ramos is new at CB. Without a finisher, all that tiki taka gets wasted. Villa saved Spain many, many times in the past two international competitions with truly WC efforts. Can anyone step up at that level? Of all the CF options, i like Llorente the best because he brings a physical attribute that's been missing.

I don't understand how anyone could tab Spain to be upset however. They have the most complete and deep squad in the competition. They are also battle tested. Germany has talent... but not at Spain's level imo.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by S Thu May 17, 2012 5:21 pm

Yup they are the best NT still but they wont walk it this time..There are other NT's which have gotten better and have shortened the gap b/w themselves and Spain..

They may win it,but its gonna be hard work..they wont walk it..Pls :facepalm:

They are not invincible..Please stop making it to sound like that..Same attitude of some Barca fans hyping up their team to make it look as though they are invincible.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Thu May 17, 2012 5:29 pm

Spain are almost invincible on NT standard .

Almost all the Major trophies collected in international level for past 4 years.

Their starting eleven is consist of some of the best players of all time,not just some ,many actually.

Many of their Bench players will walk into many other National teams including italy,france ,portugal etc..

Their squad is probably the best NT squad available to any coach .

None of the other NTs have as much as talent nor are they set or proven like Spain are, only chance other teams have is park the bus and hope for the best.

It ll be interesting what kind of Bus is Italy gona park this time lol.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Thu May 17, 2012 5:33 pm

Adit... you're exaggerating now. And by a lot.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Thu May 17, 2012 5:35 pm

sportsczy wrote:Adit... you're exaggerating now. And by a lot.

not really sport.what statement is exaggeration ? Very Happy
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next