kiranr
danyjr
The Franchise
eelir
BarrileteCosmico
57 posters

Page 1 of 13 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

Francesc 'Tito' Vilanova: The Disciple Empty Francesc 'Tito' Vilanova: The Disciple

Post by BarrileteCosmico Fri Apr 27, 2012 1:48 pm

Congratulations to the new coach of FC Barcelona! I am sure he will continue making this Barcelona into the team that we love to watch and we love to watch winning titles.

Tito cheers cheers
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Francesc 'Tito' Vilanova: The Disciple Empty Re: Francesc 'Tito' Vilanova: The Disciple

Post by eelir Fri Apr 27, 2012 1:52 pm

I just opened a thread on him 3 mins before you.
Could someone delete mine, i liek this one better Very Happy
eelir
eelir
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Francesc 'Tito' Vilanova: The Disciple Empty Re: Francesc 'Tito' Vilanova: The Disciple

Post by BarrileteCosmico Fri Apr 27, 2012 1:58 pm

Btw I have to say I am slightly disappointed. Not because I don't think Tito is in every way possible fit for the job, but because I was ready to see something new. The current style is mouth-watering and exquisite, but it has also become a bit stale with time. I congratulate Tito and I hope the best for him, but I think it's safe to assume his style will be very close to Guardiola's.

Last edited by BarrileteCosmico on Fri Apr 27, 2012 2:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Fri Apr 27, 2012 1:58 pm

I am happy for him, I think he deserves his chance and I obviously hope he does a great job.

As I said in the other thread, I believe we are going to keep this core group together and because of that it makes sense to have continunity which Tito provides.

As much as I love Bielsa, rate De Boer and AVB and so on..they have different ideas and different methods (even if they are similar styled coaches) and I am not confident the older parts of the core will take to it as well as someone like Tito who knows them, works with them and continue where Pep left of.

I expect him to bring energy and have the players respect automatically.

A question mark will be, how he will do tactically, making adjustments before, during and after game.

I am happy and filled with less unknown.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Fri Apr 27, 2012 2:23 pm

I don’t know who this Pito is Laughing
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by eelir Fri Apr 27, 2012 2:32 pm

Well, we'll find out next season. For now lets give him support and hope for the best.
eelir
eelir
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Fri Apr 27, 2012 2:41 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:Btw I have to say I am slightly disappointed. Not because I don't think Tito is in every way possible fit for the job, but because I was ready to see something new. The current style is mouth-watering and exquisite, but it has also become a bit stale with time. I congratulate Tito and I hope the best for him, but I think it's safe to assume his style will be very close to Guardiola's.

I tend to agree with this. Barcelona's loss to Chelsea and Madrid can be viewed as an alarm to the efficiency of their style and how teams have adapted to cope with it. As Mourinho said a few days ago, a fantastic car in the 1980s is not fantastic in the 1990s. Here's hope that Barça's brand of football evolves under Vilanova because I do believe Barcelona need to change and adapt if they want to stay on top for more years to come.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by kiranr Fri Apr 27, 2012 2:46 pm

He will be close stylistically, but does not mean he will not try something new. Zubi has already said that Tito is different from Pep, so let us see how the season unfolds.
kiranr
kiranr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Fri Apr 27, 2012 2:52 pm

danyjr wrote:
BarrileteCosmico wrote:Btw I have to say I am slightly disappointed. Not because I don't think Tito is in every way possible fit for the job, but because I was ready to see something new. The current style is mouth-watering and exquisite, but it has also become a bit stale with time. I congratulate Tito and I hope the best for him, but I think it's safe to assume his style will be very close to Guardiola's.

I tend to agree with this. Barcelona's loss to Chelsea and Madrid can be viewed as an alarm to the efficiency of their style and how teams have adapted to cope with it. As Mourinho said a few days ago, a fantastic car in the 1980s is not fantastic in the 1990s. Here's hope that Barça's brand of football evolves under Vilanova because I do believe Barcelona need to change and adapt if they want to stay on top for more years to come.

No it doesn't. Chelsea of 2012 wasn't more adapted to our style than Chelsea of 2009. We missed our chances and lost. Had Messi put in the penalty no one would be questioning our style.

Every time we lose, our style of football is questioned, but it is only under Cruyff's brand that we've been successful and that we will continue to be.

Tito will continue this brand because he is a fundamentalist as Pep. He may adapt, but I hope he adapts from what it works (433) instead of what Pep has done this season, that it was evolve more and get less results. Evolution is not always good.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaled Fri Apr 27, 2012 3:09 pm

Thank You Pep... I know he will return to Barcelona as a Coach/President etc.. Again Thank You Pep...

Welcome, Tito... Its great that the new coach is from in side Barca's house... Pep wanted Tito to take his chance as a Barca coach, hopefully we will continue winning titles and playing entertaining football..

Tito vs Mourinho?
its time for mourinho to know who's Tito Smile in the next elclasico!

Khaled
Khaled
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Fri Apr 27, 2012 3:24 pm

free_cat wrote:No it doesn't. Chelsea of 2012 wasn't more adapted to our style than Chelsea of 2009. We missed our chances and lost. Had Messi put in the penalty no one would be questioning our style.

Every time we lose, our style of football is questioned, but it is only under Cruyff's brand that we've been successful and that we will continue to be.

Tito will continue this brand because he is a fundamentalist as Pep. He may adapt, but I hope he adapts from what it works (433) instead of what Pep has done this season, that it was evolve more and get less results. Evolution is not always good.

I'm not talking about one match. I'm talking about this season as a whole and highlighting Barcelona's performance in that specific week. Barcelona have been put under immense pressure before and every time they succeeded the challenges. They didn't win those titles by luck, they played like champions under pressure. This year however, most will agree that Barcelona choked when it mattered the most.

And regarding to your Chelsea comment, this Chelsea wasn't better than Chelsea of 2009. For starters, they were old and currently sit 7th in their league. But they still managed to get a win and a draw with 10 men losing 2-0 away from home. A team worthy to be champions will not be bothered by a penalty miss, they will go on to create more. Barcelona didn't.

I am not questioning Barcelona's style of football. But after a while you become predictable if you do the same over and over again. Understand the simple fact that in order to stay on top you need to evolve. That is an unquestionable truth, for me at least.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by StrugaRock Fri Apr 27, 2012 3:28 pm

There is only one "Tito", Yugoslavians will get this Very Happy

for those who don't
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Josip_Broz_Tito
StrugaRock
StrugaRock
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Brady2Moss Fri Apr 27, 2012 3:50 pm

My thoughts exactly.

Barca's style is excellent, but just watching them play it "safe" most of the time does get a bit boring. I want to see them mix it up a lil bit, depending on which team they face, and not just rely on one style (possession football). For example, against Chelsea, they should have ceded control for a bit thus allowing Chelsea to open up and hit on them the counter...

Brady2Moss
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Fri Apr 27, 2012 6:00 pm

Wasn't Iniesta's goal a counter goal?

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Brady2Moss Fri Apr 27, 2012 6:52 pm

mtfootball wrote:Wasn't Iniesta's goal a counter goal?

..only further proves my point. Very Happy

Brady2Moss
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Fri Apr 27, 2012 6:57 pm

Congratulations Tito!

Not at all dissapointed, I foresee many good years with Tito- a great man in his own right and surely the man to succeed Pep.

More than anything I'll be interested in how we look in the upcoming season, obviously not too much different, but it will be interesting to see where Tito and Pep differ.

Beat the *bleep* out of Mourinho now Very Happy
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Fri Apr 27, 2012 7:38 pm

Why do people insist of talking total shite, even here?

Keep your "your style doesnt work" b.s in one of the other threads you mentioned it in.

I know for a fact, if Messi scores the pen and we go through..none of you would of said anything...and if you did, you would of had no leg to stand on (not that you have one now midn you)

You talk about a couple games here and there, I show you the titles won.

Any Barca fan who doesnt belive in our style, might want to find another team to support. If you aint a Barca fan, dont worry yourself about our style..im sure we will be fine without your otherwordly advice and opinions.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Fri Apr 27, 2012 10:35 pm

Barça's incoming manager, Tito Vilanova, knows the team perfectly. He has been Pep Guardiola’s right hand man for the past four seasons at the head of FC Barcelona. They both got their start with Barça B in 2007, the following year, after Barça B was promoted to Second Division B, they were awarded manager positions in FC Barcelona’s first team. They oversaw Barça’s most glorious era in Club history.

Guardiola’s right hand man

Guardiola has highlighted the impact that Vilanova - simple and discrete - has had on the team on more than one occasion. The current manager has praised Vilanova’s ability to make decisions both on and off the pitch, especially when it comes to executing strategic plays. Vilanova, who has a strong personality and a winning character, is studious in his football and clearly prefers an attacking and passing style of play. His four years on the Barça bench has earned him the reputation of being methodical and hard working when it comes to preparing the team.

Made in La Masía

Born in Bellcaire d’Empordà, Girona, on September 17th 1969, Vilanova joined Barça’s youth system in 1984 - interestingly enough, this was the same year that Guardiola joined the team. Vilanova was part of one of La Masía’s most successful youth teams. The future first-team manager applied his skills in the midfield, he made the leap to Barça B and played three friendlies with the first team in the 1988/89 seaon.

He played professional footballer for Figueres, Celta (Primera Division), Badajoz, Mallorca, Lleida, Elche and Gramenet.

Debut with Barça’s U15 team

After hanging up his boots for the last time, Vilanova started his career as a FC Barcelona manager in 2001/02 when he took charge of the team’s U15 B squad. The team featured a young Gerard Piqué, Cesc Fàbregas and Leo Messi. He then managed Palafrugell, Figueres and Terrassa before reuniting with Josep Guardiola in 2007. Five years after helping Guardiola manage Barça B and the Club’s first team, Vilanova will make the jump to head manager of FC Barcelona.

A bit of information on Vilanova from the official Barcelona website.

Anyone else thinking that Pep has been grooming him to be his replacement? Zubizaretta: "One day, Pep said 'Tito', and we started working on that option."

hmm

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sat Apr 28, 2012 3:22 am

Tito was working with Messi in La Masia, the two of them have known each other ever since Cadete B :bow:

Anyways Dani idk who your comment was referring to. Brady2Moss is in my ignore list, and I suggest everyone adds him there as well, but if it was in reply to my comment then I didn't mean that the style is not effective, only that I would have welcomed variants on it. Bielsa's more vertical approach is something I would have liked to see, for example.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaKizz Sat Apr 28, 2012 4:09 am

Best decision was made.
BarcaKizz
BarcaKizz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Sat Apr 28, 2012 4:20 am

Cesc Pique and Messi have already been under Tito's management before in 2001-2002 with Cadete B. I'm going to try to dig up some matches of that team under Tito if possible because I know they ran three of that teams old games from 2001 on Barca TV a couple months back. Funny that Tito has been actually managing longer than Pep has lol.

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaled Sat Apr 28, 2012 6:02 am

Tito will follow Pep's steps...
Beating the hell out of Madrid "Putas" in SpanishSuper Cup would be a great start Twisted Evil (I would like to see Mourinho's reaction in that case) Twisted Evil

Than, he can dominate Liga and UCL Twisted Evil

Tito :dance:
Khaled
Khaled
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Sat Apr 28, 2012 6:31 am

Tito used to play a 343 with the Cadete B when he managed the team and he was Messi's first manager at Barcelona. Tito would utilize Leo either on the right wing or behind the striker a decade ago.

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by sagnik92 Sat Apr 28, 2012 7:26 am

i would have preferred bielsa but i understand that the core group of players would be more comfortable if this style carries on
sagnik92
sagnik92
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Cotes Sat Apr 28, 2012 7:47 am

worst decision Barca will make...
Pep is obviously a wizard...unless this dude knows all of pep's secrets & tactics...he will be like Luis Enrique is to Roma
Cotes
Cotes
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 13 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next