+5
Rossoneri Ninja
arabprince
Dante
•MilanDevil•
leemhuis
9 posters

Go down

We dodge a bullet today. Empty We dodge a bullet today.

Post by leemhuis Wed Apr 25, 2012 10:54 pm

As a Milan supporter for many years, I always wanted to see us catch Madrid in European Cups. I was supporting Bayern because I know if Madrid went to 10 cups, it would make it even more difficult to match them. I know most of theirs are from the 50s, but still when you see the classification with Madrid on top of us it is annoying.
leemhuis
leemhuis
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

We dodge a bullet today. Empty Re: We dodge a bullet today.

Post by •MilanDevil• Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:38 pm

Thats what I was thinking as well and this was the main reason that I was supporting Bayern, the second reason is that Barca is the team that I support second to Milan and obviously Madrid are Barca's rivals.
•MilanDevil•
•MilanDevil•
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Thu Apr 26, 2012 12:03 am

leemhuis wrote:As a Milan supporter for many years, I always wanted to see us catch Madrid in European Cups. I was supporting Bayern because I know if Madrid went to 10 cups, it would make it even more difficult to match them. I know most of theirs are from the 50s, but still when you see the classification with Madrid on top of us it is annoying.

Who wouldn't want to match Real Madrid's European Cups.

But saying it is annoying just because they are ahead of Milan .. i don't agree. It has nothing to do with whom has more than the other , it's not a contest ,who has more to brag about . European Cups are not numbers.

It's just glory. Can you count glory ?? I cannot.

And when you say they won them in the 50's , doesn't mean squat. They had the better team in that decade and some of the best players in the history of football back then , they were what Barcelona are today , what we were in 1989-1993 .

Imagine in the future , let's say 20 years from now , a kid came and said to you ;
"
Milan have 11 CL's titles , but they won 5 of them before the millenium " , what will you have said to him ?
I am pretty sure you would find his words , annoying.... :coffee:

I understand the ambition behind your thoughts ,if anything, but i find it somewhat disrespectful to think of European Cups as a contest with other teams .

Me and all of us , want to see Milan in many more CL finals obviously , but i would like to think not because of a first place in the CL record books ,
but for the joy and glory it goes with it.

Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by leemhuis Thu Apr 26, 2012 1:23 am

Dante13 wrote:
leemhuis wrote:As a Milan supporter for many years, I always wanted to see us catch Madrid in European Cups. I was supporting Bayern because I know if Madrid went to 10 cups, it would make it even more difficult to match them. I know most of theirs are from the 50s, but still when you see the classification with Madrid on top of us it is annoying.

But saying it is annoying just because they are ahead of Milan .. i don't agree. It has nothing to do with whom has more than the other , it's not a contest ,who has more to brag about . European Cups are not numbers.

And when you say they won them in the 50's , doesn't mean squat. They had the better team in that decade and some of the best players in the history of football back then , they were what Barcelona are today , what we were in 1989-1993 .

Imagine in the future , let's say 20 years from now , a kid came and said to you ;
"
Milan have 11 CL's titles , but they won 5 of them before the millenium " , what will you have said to him ?

I understand the ambition behind your thoughts ,if anything, but i find it somewhat disrespectful to think of European Cups as a contest with other teams .

I really don't understand your logic. European Cups are contests with other teams. What do you think they are?
leemhuis
leemhuis
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by arabprince Thu Apr 26, 2012 5:01 am

Dante, I like your point about the timing not being important. It really puts it into perspective.

But I gotta disagree about the glory. What is glory but just a competition? All sport is is a competition. So it is natural that we compete to be the best. Having the most CL's is one area in which we can compete. And I'm with the OP, I was support Bayern because I don't want Madrid to get 10, also because I wanna see Mou fail Razz
arabprince
arabprince
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rossoneri Ninja Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:06 am

Had we won all of our last 8 finals would've have been 1 clear of Real, but yea i didn't like the idea of Real pulling away from us in number of Cl titles
Rossoneri Ninja
Rossoneri Ninja
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Thu Apr 26, 2012 12:30 pm

Perhaps i didn't express my opinion in the best possible way.. Of course it's a competition , dah , but not about us and Madrid , it shouldn't be something personal between two teams. I want more CL titles , who doesn't , but not because so we can claim we have the most. But just for the glory and joy that journey brings ..

Again , it is a competition , not a contest between 2 teams. If we can't be in the final , i couldn't care less who wins or most importantly , who loses it .
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Fadi Thu Apr 26, 2012 2:12 pm

yeah!, bayern did us a big time favour!!, but i hope they lose to chelsea now so that bayern won't close the gap to us!!, go chelsea...
Fadi
Fadi
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Fadi Thu Apr 26, 2012 2:15 pm

Dante13 wrote:

"

Me and all of us , want to see Milan in many more CL finals obviously , but i would like to think not because of a first place in the CL record books ,

very wierd way of thinking or you could just have a small madrid fan inside you.....
Fadi
Fadi
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by TonyDaBeast Thu Apr 26, 2012 2:59 pm

hahahahahahha i was thinking the same way LOLLLL cmon bayern real cant get 10 cups! cmon chelsea i cant stand barca Razz

TonyDaBeast
TonyDaBeast
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by nichabr Thu Apr 26, 2012 4:41 pm

lol we dodged a bullet 2 days in a row i didn't want barca to get 2 consectutive titles and i didn't want RM to get their 10th.
nichabr
nichabr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Fri Apr 27, 2012 3:09 am

nichabr wrote:lol we dodged a bullet 2 days in a row i didn't want barca to get 2 consectutive titles and i didn't want RM to get their 10th.
yeah, I was thinking about that too. We are the last club to have won back-to-back CLs
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Fri Apr 27, 2012 4:58 pm

Fadi wrote:
Dante13 wrote:

"

very wierd way of thinking or you could just have a small madrid fan inside you.....

Truth is , i do have a lot of respect for Real Madrid , but a fan..? No , i am definitely not even a small fan by any means.

What i said , is just my opinion, i didn't expect people to understand anyway. I want European Cups because of what goes with them , not just to claim we have the most one day ..and it's not in my character as a fan to care what others win or not .

In the end , i just want the same thing we all do , but for different reasons , that's all.

Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down