billy_gr
svt
The Sanchez
CBarca
BarcaKizz
41 posters

Page 8 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Go down

UCL 2nd Leg: Barcelona v Chelsea - Page 8 Empty Re: UCL 2nd Leg: Barcelona v Chelsea

Post by The Franchise Thu Apr 26, 2012 12:49 pm

Brady2Moss wrote:
The Franchise wrote:brady, I dont know why your laughing.

You have no value here. Either you post with a degree of sense or dont post at all.

My bad.

However, I do find it amusing that a person can call me "clueless", yet make silly predictions themselves. Guess what? If I have no football knowledge whatsoever, what does it make them?

Anyway, you gotta appreciate what Chelsea did, essentially shutting down a team that's touted as the best offense in Europe (although I don't think Barca is) with 10 men in the CAMP NOU! To be honest, it didn't come as a suprise to me that Barca would struggle against an ultra defensive side like Chelsea. The same thing that happened against Chelsea in 09, Inter in 2010, AC Milan in 2012 is the same thing that happened on Tuesday night...Barca simply ran out of ideas against a quality defensive side as Chelsea.

You simply cannot go against teams like that with only a single REAL goal threat (Messi), otherwise, you only make it easy on them. Limit Messi's movement and everything will crumble.

Foresight teaches gently but error teaches brutally, just hope Pep learns something from those kind of games.

Im not talking about predicitions, im talking about your comments.

Barca fans here criticise our team, our players and so on, but we try our best to do it constructively. Of course some times that doesnt happen and some do it more than others.

However, your posts, nearly all of them, are not constructive. And, its not like your a Barca fan so you opinion is going to rile people up and we do not need that here.

And your comments, even if constructive lack accuracy and when debated on that, you ignore the relavant points.

So I ask, what are you here for? Are you here to criticse Barca? Well your not doing it constructively at all.

Are you here to make a point and observations about the games? Your not doing that either because your refusing to listen to others points.

Your talking here about Barca struggling against a packed defence..but you continue to ignore all the chances made and just how close Chelsea were to losing. Your making points, getting countered and ignoring these counters.

It doesnt make for great debate or discussion.

The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

UCL 2nd Leg: Barcelona v Chelsea - Page 8 Empty Re: UCL 2nd Leg: Barcelona v Chelsea

Post by Brady2Moss Thu Apr 26, 2012 1:15 pm

The Franchise wrote:
Brady2Moss wrote:

You have no value here. Either you post with a degree of sense or dont post at all.

My bad.

However, I do find it amusing that a person can call me "clueless", yet make silly predictions themselves. Guess what? If I have no football knowledge whatsoever, what does it make them?

Anyway, you gotta appreciate what Chelsea did, essentially shutting down a team that's touted as the best offense in Europe (although I don't think Barca is) with 10 men in the CAMP NOU! To be honest, it didn't come as a suprise to me that Barca would struggle against an ultra defensive side like Chelsea. The same thing that happened against Chelsea in 09, Inter in 2010, AC Milan in 2012 is the same thing that happened on Tuesday night...Barca simply ran out of ideas against a quality defensive side as Chelsea.

You simply cannot go against teams like that with only a single REAL goal threat (Messi), otherwise, you only make it easy on them. Limit Messi's movement and everything will crumble.

Foresight teaches gently but error teaches brutally, just hope Pep learns something from those kind of games.

Im not talking about predicitions, im talking about your comments.

Barca fans here criticise our team, our players and so on, but we try our best to do it constructively. Of course some times that doesnt happen and some do it more than others.

However, your posts, nearly all of them, are not constructive. And, its not like your a Barca fan so you opinion is going to rile people up and we do not need that here.

And your comments, even if constructive lack accuracy and when debated on that, you ignore the relavant points.

So I ask, what are you here for? Are you here to criticse Barca? Well your not doing it constructively at all.

Are you here to make a point and observations about the games? Your not doing that either because your refusing to listen to others points.

Your talking here about Barca struggling against a packed defence..but you continue to ignore all the chances made and just how close Chelsea were to losing. Your making points, getting countered and ignoring these counters.

It doesnt make for great debate or discussion.

I will let my earlier posts in this thread speak for themselves. Very Happy

Brady2Moss
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu Apr 26, 2012 1:33 pm

Exactly my point.

I will be looking out for you, I expect an improvement or you wont be allowed to post here for a while.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Thu Apr 26, 2012 2:36 pm

Brady2Moss wrote:

My bad.

Everyone here is a quality poster.They know exactly what I am referring to when I call you clueless.
But unfortunately you dont cause you are clueless.
The game is a lot more nuanced than you think.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Brady2Moss Thu Apr 26, 2012 3:03 pm

alexjanosik wrote:
Brady2Moss wrote:

My bad.

Everyone here is a quality poster.They know exactly what I am referring to when I call you clueless.
But unfortunately you dont cause you are clueless.
The game is a lot more nuanced than you think.

...so says the guy who makes silly predictions. Forgive me, if I find what you say to be complete nonsense.

By the way, did you pull the 4-0 out of thin air? Because all those who know a thing or two about football would never have made such rubbish predictions, especially considering that Barca have never won against Chelsea in the last 8 CL matches.

Last edited by Brady2Moss on Thu Apr 26, 2012 3:07 pm; edited 1 time in total

Brady2Moss
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Brady2Moss Thu Apr 26, 2012 3:06 pm

The Franchise wrote:Exactly my point.

I will be looking out for you, I expect an improvement or you wont be allowed to post here for a while.

Improvement? Seriously now? Everything I said in this thread earlier came true, did it not?

Brady2Moss
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Thu Apr 26, 2012 8:06 pm

The Franchise wrote:

I dont really recall how many JD, but we had a pen, hit the post, Alexis had a header.

Stretch them? Where? They was in their box..we had nowhere to pull them to.

They didnt come out, didnt come wide. Its not within our control.

I dont think we could have done much better, maybe having Pedro on instead of one of Mascherano/Busi/Puyol just to have another body in their but its a minor point.

dani, I remember something similar - 3 chances in 45 minutes against 10 men. It has to be called a disappointment.

I don't disagree with anything you are saying but I am wondering is there really no way to get the better of a parked bus. This would only mean that teams will try that more and more against us. Yes I do recall some of our earlier discussions about not putting yourself in a position where a team can park the bus and take advantage of you and being clinical with your chances. However other than that can no one here think of even one other thing we could do different and/or better to avoid a repeat of this.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

http://twitter.com/messixaviesta , http://footballbydeepak.blogs

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Fri Apr 27, 2012 12:06 am

Brady2Moss wrote:
The Franchise wrote:Exactly my point.

Improvement? Seriously now? Everything I said in this thread earlier came true, did it not?

No, it did not. And im talking about improvement in your behaviour and how you interact with other posters.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Fri Apr 27, 2012 12:12 am

messixaviesta wrote:
The Franchise wrote:

I dont really recall how many JD, but we had a pen, hit the post, Alexis had a header.

Stretch them? Where? They was in their box..we had nowhere to pull them to.

They didnt come out, didnt come wide. Its not within our control.

I dont think we could have done much better, maybe having Pedro on instead of one of Mascherano/Busi/Puyol just to have another body in their but its a minor point.

dani, I remember something similar - 3 chances in 45 minutes against 10 men. It has to be called a disappointment.

I don't disagree with anything you are saying but I am wondering is there really no way to get the better of a parked bus. This would only mean that teams will try that more and more against us. Yes I do recall some of our earlier discussions about not putting yourself in a position where a team can park the bus and take advantage of you and being clinical with your chances. However other than that can no one here think of even one other thing we could do different and/or better to avoid a repeat of this.

10 men, 11, it doesnt make a bit of difference.

With 11, 451...with 10..450...the defence was the same.

In the end, we made more than enough chances to win. I am not unhappy with how many chances we made at all.

There is nothing we can do if teams want to park the bus, we gave them the chance to do that by making difference errors and not finishing the chances we get.

I once read, to beat a team with a overload of players in a defence position you have to put as many attacking players in that same positions. We did that, other than maybe as I said throwing on Pedro for say Mascherano..rather than swapping like for likes in Cuenca-Tello and Cesc-Keita.

But its hard, I think we created much more than Inter..there was times were Chelsea didnt look like they could hold on..it wasnt like that vs Inter.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaKizz Fri Apr 27, 2012 12:15 am

I also like Adrian free. He's impressed me a lot this season, but its still a great gamble.
BarcaKizz
BarcaKizz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Fri Apr 27, 2012 3:41 pm

The Franchise wrote:

In the end, we made more than enough chances to win. I am not unhappy with how many chances we made at all.

There is nothing we can do if teams want to park the bus, we gave them the chance to do that by making difference errors and not finishing the chances we get.

I once read, to beat a team with a overload of players in a defence position you have to put as many attacking players in that same positions. We did that, other than maybe as I said throwing on Pedro for say Mascherano..rather than swapping like for likes in Cuenca-Tello and Cesc-Keita.

But its hard, I think we created much more than Inter..there was times were Chelsea didnt look like they could hold on..it wasnt like that vs Inter.

Yes that makes good sense. I would like to see teams park the bus against some of the other major club teams on a pretty regular basis and then witness how each one of them handles that. You don't think even trying to run behind the defense more often with or without the ball could have helped in any way?

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Fri Apr 27, 2012 7:49 pm

messixaviesta wrote:
The Franchise wrote:

Yes that makes good sense. I would like to see teams park the bus against some of the other major club teams on a pretty regular basis and then witness how each one of them handles that. You don't think even trying to run behind the defense more often with or without the ball could have helped in any way?

Jd there was no space in behind. The margin of error was so small for a pass.

The last Chelsea defender was sometimes as deep as the penalty spot. A pass behind that defence is almost impossible.

And we even did it once, when we won the penalty.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Sat Apr 28, 2012 4:28 pm

Thanks for the reply dani. Perhaps there wasn't/isn't any way in such situations then.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by harhar11 Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:05 pm

Brady2Moss wrote:

My bad.

Say what? When did Chelsea shut down our attack? if anyone actually shut down our attack it was our own players for not taking their chances.
Heck Chelsea didn't even defend well, we created enough chances for us to have scored more than 10 goals throughout the tie..

And we didnt struggle. For me, struggle is when you cant create any chances while the opposite team creates them for fun, like against inter after the volcano or against chelsea 09, but against this years chelsea, as I already said, we could have scored over 10 goals throughout the tie while chelsea only had 3 real chances..

This might sound arrogant so I apologize, but Barca didnt lose because of Chelsea, Barca lost because of Barca..

harhar11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Sun Apr 29, 2012 3:27 am

harhar11 wrote:
Brady2Moss wrote:

My bad.

Say what? When did Chelsea shut down our attack? if anyone actually shut down our attack it was our own players for not taking their chances.
Heck Chelsea didn't even defend well, we created enough chances for us to have scored more than 10 goals throughout the tie..

And we didnt struggle. For me, struggle is when you cant create any chances while the opposite team creates them for fun, like against inter after the volcano or against chelsea 09, but against this years chelsea, as I already said, we could have scored over 10 goals throughout the tie while chelsea only had 3 real chances..

This might sound arrogant so I apologize, but Barca didnt lose because of Chelsea, Barca lost because of Barca..

Precisely.This was our CL to lose and we lost it.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by harhar11 Mon Apr 30, 2012 12:40 am

Exactly, and that's what hurts the most.

For me this lose feels much worse than the lost against inter because, volcano or no volcano /bad referee decision or no bad decision, inter outplayed us in the first leg, so I thought that they deserved to go to the final but against chelsea..... in my humble opinion, we destroyed them playing wise, created sooooooooo many chances but becuase of our f#ck ups in the decisive moments, never scored.

harhar11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:29 pm

Some pictures have emerged from the defeat:

UCL 2nd Leg: Barcelona v Chelsea - Page 8 1626671h415
Así fue el triste vestuario de Barcelona tras la eliminación de la Champions League ante Chelsea -
Foto: - Fuente: Barça, orgullosos de nuestros colores

UCL 2nd Leg: Barcelona v Chelsea - Page 8 1626672h415
Así fue el triste vestuario de Barcelona tras la eliminación de la Champions League ante Chelsea -

UCL 2nd Leg: Barcelona v Chelsea - Page 8 1626673h415

UCL 2nd Leg: Barcelona v Chelsea - Page 8 1626674h415

UCL 2nd Leg: Barcelona v Chelsea - Page 8 1626675h415
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaKizz Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:33 pm

When I lose on Fifa in that fashion I want to kill someone, so I can understand that they would have felt like absolute sh*t after that game. Easily as bad as having something snatched from you at the last minute. You just want to get out there already and do it again. Fix your mistakes. They would have been devastated.
BarcaKizz
BarcaKizz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:38 pm

Lost the CL final to Chelsea in FIFA. Was 1 nil up, they scored 2 goals in the last 5 minutes. I wasnt even angry, I was upset.

But anyway, I think defeat can be good for you. This pain they feel, it surely is a motivational factor, last year they forgot what it was like to lose I think. At least to a degree.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8