Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

UEFAlona Conspiracy: Truth or Myth Empty Re: UEFAlona Conspiracy: Truth or Myth

Post by Hamdyman Sun Apr 08, 2012 12:01 pm

Good read there, thx!

Another possible final conclusion is, the referees have all been hypnotized by Barca's formidable Football style, and are all secret fans, itching deep inside to help Barca win more matches and titles!!! Cool
Hamdyman
Hamdyman
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by The Verminator Sun Apr 08, 2012 12:35 pm

I'm not gonna say there is a conspiracy or not but this article is incredibly biased. When you say Thiago Motta deserved a yellow for what happened to Busquets, you can't take this article seriously, nor can you take it seriously when this guy actually believes the Nesta tussle with Alves is a penalty. Football is a contact sport and if you're gonna give a penalty for something like that, all i can say is may God help us all because football has clearly lost its way....
The Verminator
The Verminator
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Sun Apr 08, 2012 12:57 pm

The Verminator wrote:I'm not gonna say there is a conspiracy or not but this article is incredibly biased. When you say Thiago Motta deserved a yellow for what happened to Busquets, you can't take this article seriously, nor can you take it seriously when this guy actually believes the Nesta tussle with Alves is a penalty. Football is a contact sport and if you're gonna give a penalty for something like that, all i can say is may God help us all because football has clearly lost its way....
If by contact sport you mean players bringing each other down using their hand, pulling shirts to slow down or slap each other across the face then no sir, may God help YOU.

On a more serious note, watch the videos. That's why I spent a whole Saturday night editing and GIFing them.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 Sun Apr 08, 2012 12:58 pm

"This is a tough decision but most agree that Barcelona got more decisions wrong in favour of them than against."

how is it close, we had 5 go against us, you had 2, thats tripple ffs, its not even slightly close
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by billy_gr Sun Apr 08, 2012 1:09 pm

I have debated this countless times with friends...
While a case can be made for every decision, what is really important is that mainly decisions in favor of Barca are over-discussed, which is unfair.
I can understand that this is partly because Barca are considered to be the best side in the world right now and they probably shouldn't need this, but still...
billy_gr
billy_gr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by harhar11 Sun Apr 08, 2012 1:15 pm

fatman123 wrote:"This is a tough decision but most agree that Barcelona got more decisions wrong in favour of them than against."

how is it close, we had 5 go against us, you had 2, thats tripple ffs, its not even slightly close

We had 4 decision against us, 2 penalties, 1 wrongly offside call when eto'o was one-on-one with the keeper and abidal wrongly sent off.

So you only had 1 major call against you more than we had or if you dont think that a 1-on-1 chance being wrongly called for offside is a major decision, then you only had 2 more. And 2 bad calls does not make this game the biggest robbery in the history of the game seeing as we had more decision against us when we have played agianst you before(06 we didn't have 2 penalties given and IIRC terry dived to win a penalty)

Btw danyjr, any reason why you didnt mention that marcelo should have seen a red + conceded a penalty at the bernabeu or why you didnt mention that carvalho, adebayor and diarra all should have been sent off?

harhar11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Verminator Sun Apr 08, 2012 1:30 pm

danyjr wrote:
The Verminator wrote:I'm not gonna say there is a conspiracy or not but this article is incredibly biased. When you say Thiago Motta deserved a yellow for what happened to Busquets, you can't take this article seriously, nor can you take it seriously when this guy actually believes the Nesta tussle with Alves is a penalty. Football is a contact sport and if you're gonna give a penalty for something like that, all i can say is may God help us all because football has clearly lost its way....
If by contact sport you mean players bringing each other down using their hand, pulling shirts to slow down or slap each other across the face then no sir, may God help YOU.

On a more serious note, watch the videos. That's why I spent a whole Saturday night editing and GIFing them.
I did. And might i add, you did a fantastic job at it too Thumbs up

but i think you guys are forgetting that pushing and shoving to a certain extent are allowed. It's part of the game and it has always been and it will always be. Tbh i find the very notion that it is a penalty downright ridiculous imo.
The Verminator
The Verminator
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Spooony Sun Apr 08, 2012 2:32 pm

Yes it is a conspiracy. The refs are told to favor us and when United are playing to give them Fergie time. Also we provided the gun man for JFK's assassination.
Spooony
Spooony
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Sun Apr 08, 2012 2:45 pm

harhar11 wrote:Btw danyjr, any reason why you didnt mention that marcelo should have seen a red + conceded a penalty at the bernabeu or why you didnt mention that carvalho, adebayor and diarra all should have been sent off?
It is extremely difficult for to have access to footage from past games, especially those Chelsea matches.

Don't remember Marcelo's penalty. I'm going to watch that match again this week though so hopefully more footage coming up. You sure that wasn't supercopa this year though?

And I thought it went without saying that a few Madrid players get away without receiving red cards every match. Common knowledge really Wink

Last edited by danyjr on Sun Apr 08, 2012 2:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Sun Apr 08, 2012 2:48 pm

To be fair, half of the Barca team should have recieved yellows and reds for dives. (rules says a dive is a yellow card)
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaKizz Sun Apr 08, 2012 3:13 pm

Se7en wrote:To be fair, half of the Barca team should have recieved yellows and reds for dives. (rules says a dive is a yellow card)

Tbf, more than half of Madrid should have received yellow cards too. You can't take out players, kick them, stamp on them, shoulder charge them, pull their hair... whatever bs tactics used.

It was just a heated few games.
BarcaKizz
BarcaKizz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by harhar11 Sun Apr 08, 2012 4:11 pm

Se7en wrote:To be fair, half of the Barca team should have recieved yellows and reds for dives. (rules says a dive is a yellow card)

In that case, Real Madrid should have been disqualified because half of the team should have been sent off either because of dangerous play while the other for diving(Di maria dived just by himself equalled all the diving done by the barca players)

danyjr wrote:
harhar11 wrote:Btw danyjr, any reason why you didnt mention that marcelo should have seen a red + conceded a penalty at the bernabeu or why you didnt mention that carvalho, adebayor and diarra all should have been sent off?
It is extremely difficult for to have access to footage from past games, especially those Chelsea matches.

Don't remember Marcelo's penalty. I'm going to watch that match again this week though so hopefully more footage coming up. You sure that wasn't supercopa this year though?

And I thought it went without saying that a few Madrid players get away without receiving red cards every match. Common knowledge really Wink

This is the incident that I am talking about

As you can see, Marcelo looks down to see where Pedro is and then steps on him twice while the ball is still in play, hence its a red + penalty..

harhar11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Spooony Sun Apr 08, 2012 4:24 pm

1 Game the referee decision went for Barca they say refs are favoring them. What crap.
For Jose. Cmon we all know him and his mind games. He loves to stir up shit in the media. How long are Chelski fans gonna go on and piss and moan about a match that happened 3 years ago? Old thing in England. Blame the ref or someone else except the players themselves. Just take a look at England losing to Germany 4-1. Moaned about it for how long if a 4-2 would have made a different. It is all bullshit mind games and stirring up shit in the media as well as the press looking to fabricate something for readers. Dunno why anyone actually wasting their time replying to such crap or defending anything. Just sour grapes
Spooony
Spooony
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sun Apr 08, 2012 4:30 pm

Did you write this Danyjr? If so, great work!

Anyways I agree that it doesn't seem very unbiased and for this reason it's unlikely to sway any neutrals or people on the other side. In order to be more unbiased it should discuss the potential calls/bad calls against other teams in more detail.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Sun Apr 08, 2012 4:56 pm

BarcaKizz wrote:

Tbf, more than half of Madrid should have received yellow cards too. You can't take out players, kick them, stamp on them, shoulder charge them, pull their hair... whatever bs tactics used.

It was just a heated few games.

Sorry, I was responding to harhar11

Btw danyjr, any reason why you didnt mention that marcelo should have seen a red + conceded a penalty at the bernabeu or why you didnt mention that carvalho, adebayor and diarra all should have been sent off?

I agree it was a heated game, but if we want to go by the book, the sportmanship was no better from either side
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Sun Apr 08, 2012 5:07 pm

harhar11 wrote:This is the incident that I am talking about

As you can see, Marcelo looks down to see where Pedro is and then steps on him twice while the ball is still in play, hence its a red + penalty..
Yes, I remember now and certainly is a nasty foul and deserved a booking. Not sure about penalty though, as the ball seemed out of play when he stomped on Pedro.
BarrileteCosmico wrote:Did you write this Danyjr? If so, great work!
Yup, took me a long time mainly because of video footages Smile
Se7en wrote:I agree it was a heated game, but if we want to go by the book, the sportmanship was no better from either side
Which is one of the reasons why I left those cases out of the arguments. First they were heck loads of them and second both sides were playing as ugly as each other, just different styles of unsportsmanship (dive vs. aggression). Certainly not a good advertisement for La Liga.

Last edited by danyjr on Sun Apr 08, 2012 7:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Error Sun Apr 08, 2012 7:11 pm

That was quite enjoyable to read and it was surprisingly unbiased, but I disagree with several situations.

Milking attempts:
Malouda vs. Alves
Alves vs. Sneijder

Not handballs:
Ballack & Arshavin handballs - Not all handballs are penalties. Here its how rulebook says:
Handling the ball involves a deliberate act of a player making contact with the ball with his hand or arm. The referee must take the following into consideration:
• the movement of the hand towards the ball (not the ball towards the hand)
• the distance between the opponent and the ball (unexpected ball)
• the position of the hand does not necessarily mean that there is an
infringement

Other situations:
Cole vs. Henry - Henry have already lost the ball and his momentum is taking him away from ball with little assistant of Cole. Would be quite harsh to give penalty for that one.

Yaya vs. Drogba - It's a clear fault with Yaya constantly pulling Drogba, but I should have been a freekick just outside the box instead of penalty kick.

Bojan's goal - The pic is (IMO) a little bit misleading. From gif it looks like it first hits Yaya's right hand, then torso and then bounces away. It's debatable situation, but I would say it was a correct decision.

Alves vs. Nesta - That's not a penalty. Nesta's "shirt pulling" is not the reason why Alves falls, it's the streching after the ball.

Nesta vs. Busquets & Puyol - Technically pulling a shirts is a fault which obviously leads to a penalty inside the box. But getting a penalty for these situations is quite rare, specially in big matches like (semi-)finals. But you could say that this penalty evens out the Sanchez situation so it doesn't change the end result.

Not gonna touch any Real matches and I agree with the rest. Although I gotta say that Milito's goal is really hard to judge for any ref since it was a fast counterattack and slight offside.

Last edited by Error on Sun Apr 08, 2012 7:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Error
Error
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by kiranr Sun Apr 08, 2012 7:12 pm

Great article Danyjr. I think i agree with all of it. But, all this will fall on deaf ears simply because of the amount of success Barcelona are experiencing.

On a slightly different note, do you think referees are worse than their counterparts in previous eras?
kiranr
kiranr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by kiranr Sun Apr 08, 2012 7:14 pm

Error wrote:

Not handballs:
Ballack & Arshavin handballs - Not all handballs are penalties. Here its how rulebook says:
Handling the ball involves a deliberate act of a player making contact with the ball with his hand or arm. The referee must take the following into consideration:
infringement

Bojan's goal - The pic is (IMO) a little bit misleading. From gif it looks like it first hits Yaya's right hand, then torso and then bounces away. It's debatable situation, but I would say it was a correct decision.

:?:
kiranr
kiranr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Error Sun Apr 08, 2012 7:23 pm

kiranr wrote:
Error wrote:

Not handballs:
infringement

:?:
Well I did say it's debatable, but Yaya's right hand is clearly away from torso in the gif. I have check from youtube first before making any final conclusions.
Error
Error
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Spooony Sun Apr 08, 2012 7:31 pm

Error wrote:That was quite enjoyable to read and it was surprisingly unbiased, but I disagree with several situations.

Milking attempts:
Malouda vs. Alves
Alves vs. Sneijder

Not handballs:
infringement

Other situations:
Cole vs. Henry - Henry have already lost the ball and his momentum is taking him away from ball with little assistant of Cole. Would be quite harsh to give penalty for that one.

Yaya vs. Drogba - It's a clear fault with Yaya constantly pulling Drogba, but I should have been a freekick just outside the box instead of penalty kick.

Alves vs. Nesta - That's not a penalty. Nesta's "shirt pulling" is not the reason why Alves falls, it's the streching after the ball.

Nesta vs. Busquets & Puyol - Technically pulling a shirts is a fault which obviously leads to a penalty inside the box. But getting a penalty for these situations is quite rare, specially in big matches like (semi-)finals. But you could say that this penalty evens out the Sanchez situation so it doesn't change the end result.

Not gonna touch any Real matches and I agree with the rest. Although I gotta say that Milito's goal is really hard to judge for any ref since it was a fast counterattack and slight offside.
Because in England and Italy when the shirt tugging goes on in the box the referee goes and warns the players first. They know it is wrong but they do it cause they get spoonfed by the referees in telling them to stop it. But in the game the referee did not do that. Where they expecting that warning first? So because of other referees spoon feeding the players like babies week in week out to a thing that is a foul makes it not a foul because the referee did not warn them and gave a penalty?
Spooony
Spooony
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Error Sun Apr 08, 2012 7:56 pm

Spooony wrote:Because in England and Italy when the shirt tugging goes on in the box the referee goes and warns the players first. They know it is wrong but they do it cause they get spoonfed by the referees in telling them to stop it. But in the game the referee did not do that. Where they expecting that warning first? So because of other referees spoon feeding the players like babies week in week out to a thing that is a foul makes it not a foul because the referee did not warn them and gave a penalty?
Tugging shirts happens in every league and in every league refs usually warns about it first, but they rarely give penalties for it. It has to be extremely noticeable and strong pull or it has to happen constantly for ref to even consider it as penalty. Just take any random game and watch the corner kicks in it. Most faults (interfering gk, tugging shirts, pushing players, etc) are called against the attacking team, not the defending. Is it right? Probably not, but that way it has pretty much always been.

But now when ref decides to act a little bit differently (rather than following common way) then it's obvious that conspiracy theorists comes out from their holes. If ref would have given penalty for Sanchez situation then there wouldn't (probably) even be this conspiracy debate from Milan game. It's always a bad idea to start soloing in big games when you could just act like it's another normal day in a work.

ps. based on some poor youtube videos rather than gif, I would say that Yaya's handball goes into same category as Ballack and Arshavin.
Error
Error
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by kiranr Sun Apr 08, 2012 8:09 pm

Error, they have clearly changed some part of rules concerning handballs.

At the time, i had read that if the hand or arm is part of your body, then handball will not be called. You have seen players covering their face with their arms when standing in the wall right? This Yaya handball should be in the same category because if his hand was not there it would have bounced off his torso.
kiranr
kiranr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by harhar11 Sun Apr 08, 2012 9:24 pm

danyjr wrote:
harhar11 wrote:This is the incident that I am talking about

Yes, I remember now and certainly is a nasty foul and deserved a booking. Not sure about penalty though, as the ball seemed out of play when he stomped on Pedro.

Nah the ball was still in play. Pause at 0:04 and you will see that..

Last edited by harhar11 on Sun Apr 08, 2012 9:29 pm; edited 1 time in total

harhar11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next