billy_gr
Albiceleste
44 posters

Page 6 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

UCL: Chelsea v Barcelona - Page 6 Empty Re: UCL: Chelsea v Barcelona

Post by messixaviesta Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:18 pm

The Lizard King wrote:Meireles marked Messi pretty well

Now isn't that surprising? A player who is known to be a poor tackler managed to man mark Messi for an entire game. At one time J.Zanetti was needed to man mark Messi and even that used to surprise people. So what the hell is happening now?

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

http://twitter.com/messixaviesta , http://footballbydeepak.blogs

Back to top Go down

Post by billionmillion Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:20 pm

Tiago is not a big game player. Fabregas was good but he missed chances. I would play Fabregas again but if he promises he will not miss again. Tiago technically is good but he simple doesnt know when to pass, Fabregas knows players and their movements better than him
billionmillion
billionmillion
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:21 pm

BarcaKizz wrote:Pep is obsessed with playing his 2 boys Cesc and Alexis... We need MVP back, simple as that, these guys will never be that good. Ffs why hasn't Thiago been given a chance on the wing?

Yes kizz, A match like this shows what we are missing about the understated role that David Villa used to play and how much we benefited when Pedro was in much better form and an almost unquestioned starter.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:26 pm

Cesc was garbage, stop talking rubbish billion.

In the 2nd half he gave away countless balls and he so slow, even Drogba can press him.

He made exactly 1 good pass, everything else was crap. He did a couple good link ups here and there, but nothing Thiago didnt do when he came on.

As shite as Alexis was in front of goal, I wouldnt of took him off for Pedro. Pedro should of come on for Cesc and that was it for the time being.

After Alexis came off, we didnt have any chances in behind because he and Cesc were the only ones running in behind.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:29 pm

The Franchise wrote:Cesc was garbage, stop talking rubbish billion.

In the 2nd half he gave away countless balls and he so slow, even Drogba can press him.

He made exactly 1 good pass, everything else was crap. He did a couple good link ups here and there, but nothing Thiago didnt do when he came on.

As shite as Alexis was in front of goal, I wouldnt of took him off for Pedro. Pedro should of come on for Cesc and that was it for the time being.

After Alexis came off, we didnt have any chances in behind because he and Cesc were the only ones running in behind.

Yes dani slowness of Fabregas is a big problem indeed. Also I will say that in spite of my criticism of Alexis, the fellow worked really hard.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaKizz Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:32 pm

billionmillion wrote:Tiago is not a big game player. Fabregas was good but he missed chances. I would play Fabregas again but if he promises he will not miss again. Tiago technically is good but he simple doesnt know when to pass, Fabregas knows players and their movements better than him

Well yes. As useless as they were, they had their chances and should have scored.

Dani is right, performance and tactics were fine. First half we played well, Ffs we were all over them. We just had to score. At 1-0 we got a great of the bus we face next week, we were far less dangerous, but we should never have been in that situation at all.

Alexis' chance wasn't easy, but he came very close. Tbh I was more disappointed with his later weak as piss shot and his invisible play. If he scored that early one, we have a good game, he has a good game and we all go home happy.

Fab's sitter is the big one. Right in front... I don't care how many nice chip passes he can play, if he's gonna be in there, you got to bury that. Do your job. He was shite anyway.

Last edited by BarcaKizz on Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
BarcaKizz
BarcaKizz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:33 pm

Alexis I dont know.

The first chance, he hit the crossbar. He was quite unlucky really, just like Pedro was unlucky to hit the post at the end.

The other chance he should have scored.

But if we are talking individuals, it really has to be Cesc people look to. 2 of his chances were very easy, 1 was a little harder but he still should have scored.

His slowness is so frustrating...and unlike say Busquets, he doesnt seem to have any tricks to get some time for himself.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:34 pm

JD can you enumerate your misgivings with Pep? I only have one or two, and that's playing Iniesta wide instead of Cuenca there and Iniesta in the midfield. I know it was a rant, but you said his entire approach was wrong. I don't really see it that way.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:36 pm

Btw, just like LM said in the chat, I don't think Busi should get away with that awful shot. To paraphrase him, if you're a professional footballer you have an obligation to hit the target 10 meters off the goal.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:37 pm

messixaviesta wrote:
BarcaKizz wrote:Pep is obsessed with playing his 2 boys Cesc and Alexis... We need MVP back, simple as that, these guys will never be that good. Ffs why hasn't Thiago been given a chance on the wing?

Yes kizz, A match like this shows what we are missing about the understated role that David Villa used to play and how much we benefited when Pedro was in much better form and an almost unquestioned starter.
It'd be nice to have MVP back , but the fact of the matter is that Villa is injured and Pedro sucks. Can't really complain about not having them, let's make due with what we have.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:37 pm

The big problem I have now is, the Madrid game.

If we lose or even draw it, I dont think we will have the spirit to win the 2nd leg.

If we beat Madrid, who themselves are relying bad (actually if you look at it, we had a better performance than them, but got a worse result, and against a weaker opponant) then spirit will be lifted and on our bigger pitch he surely will create and hopefully score.

But again, you cant win any games if you dont put away easy chances. Before we talk about tactics, positions, individual flaws and such..the basics, taking your chances, doing your job, putting in effort..if you dont do even one of the basics, your going to come unstuck.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by kiranr Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:38 pm

Pep should have really started Cuenca instead of Cesc.

That would have made us a solid threat from both wings, and it would have allowed Messi to play up the pitch in the areas Cesc was operating in.

kiranr
kiranr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:39 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:Btw, just like LM said in the chat, I don't think Busi should get away with that awful shot. To paraphrase him, if you're a professional footballer you have an obligation to hit the target 10 meters off the goal.

Agree with 100%.

If your an outfield player of any kind, even on your left foot and it coming fast at you, you cant afford to miss that.

If it was Alexis, Pedro, Cesc or any offensive player...we would be KILLING them.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaKizz Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:41 pm

Pedro and Alexis... That's all I ask. Pedro provides enough width and is a goalscorer. No need for Cuenca in every game all of a sudden.

Like said, Cesc was the flop. Would have taken him off for Pedro too.

If Cesc starts in the Clasico...

Anyway, one positive... Adriano can hold his head high. He was good and at times provided our best width. If teams are gonna flood Alves' wing, important to have an outlet on the other side. Awesome run.
BarcaKizz
BarcaKizz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by matpol Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:42 pm

I said after AC Milan game that our finishing is terrible and it will cost us. What more should I say? When will players realise that they have to finish chances? They play with a spirit like this 'missed chance? whatever, we will score next' and they keep on missing easy chances. Zero killer instinct. Chelsea will go through on away goals rule, 2-1 for 2nd leg is my prediction.

When will Pep realises that Iniesta is not LW?

Aguero >>>>>>>> Sanchez, we really should have bought him in the summer.
matpol
matpol
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by billionmillion Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:44 pm

Fabregas gave away 1-2 balls but we already used to this. He also created some good chances. In attack when you need a world class pass you need Fabregas. he knows what a barca player will do next. also his finishing is better than tiago+alexis. he just did right thing when he came face to face with goalkeeper. its was right decision, he chipped it.but he did it very slow.

at another chance he was at fault, how can you miss that sitter. but who didnt miss, every barca player missed except messi and valdes.

i think fab deserves to play first half every game then sub him because he gets slow in second half

Last edited by billionmillion on Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
billionmillion
billionmillion
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:48 pm

Agree Kizz about Adriano especially.

When he went past Lampard and had a shot, I was delighted. It showed a confidence and an awareness you need when the team is playing with 10 men behind the ball.

When your 1 v 1 you have to take it. Alexis, Pedro, Iniesta, all of them didnt do that in their time on the pitch.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:49 pm

Aguero is really bad in the wing imo. @matpol what's funny is that someone like benz would be really good for you guys on the wing (he spends more time on the wing for us in the middle anyways), and we have him..

Come on guys give sanchez a break, he's young and has had his moments. Cesc however has no excuse, he has been playing on a CL team (arsenal) for years, and has much more european experience then sanchez.
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:50 pm

billionmillion wrote:Fabregas gave away 1-2 balls but we already used to this. He also created some good chances. In attack when you need a world class pass you need Fabregas. he knows what a barca player will do next. also his finishing is better than tiago+alexis. he just did right thing when he came face to face with goalkeeper. its was right decision, he chipped it.but he did it very slow.

at another chance he was at fault, he can you miss that sitter. but who didnt miss, every barca player missed except messi and valdes.

i think fab deserves to play first half every game then sub him because he gets slow in second half

He created 1 good chance, 1.

His great finishing didnt show itself today did it? In fact, when was the last time Cesc actually showed great finishing? Like 4 months ago.

Cesc is ruinng us and your saying keep starting him, I cannot understand this logic.

It doesnt matter if he "world class" if he playing like trash, missing more chances than anyone on the pitch and losing more balls than anyone on the pitch other than Messi, who has the excuse that he is going past people.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:52 pm

Giggity5313 wrote:Aguero is really bad in the wing imo. @matpol what's funny is that someone like benz would be really good for you guys on the wing (he spends more time on the wing for us in the middle anyways), and we have him..

Come on guys give sanchez a break, he's young and has had his moments. Cesc however has no excuse, he has been playing on a CL team (arsenal) for years, and has much more european experience then sanchez.

This. Alexis missed 1 chance he had to score, the other he was quite unlucky. But at least you can say, he is a 22 year old with no CL experience. This isnt good enough, but its his first time out and we have to keep in mind he is playing at a higher level than normal.

But what is Cesc's excuse? He played so many games for Arsenal at the highest level, so many tough games and so much experience.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:53 pm

I'll agree that this is the highest level of football Sanchez has ever played, but that's really no excuse when you play for Barca. He was disappointing. I think most people expected more from him when we signed him, and rightly so.

Cesc as always gets by so long as he scores. That's one of the few things I like about him, he's one of the few midfielders we have that actually shoot. Xavi has done more of this than in previous seasons, but with others it is very annoying. The problem is that when Cesc's main contribution turns into goalscoring, and he doesn't do this, then this incurs the rage of the fans here.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by billionmillion Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:55 pm

IMPORTANT RULE: dont start unexperienced players in big games. guardiola should play himself even though he is retired but he should not let unexperienced players play. thats why Drogba was useful today, thats why Kaka performs better than Ozil in El Clasicos and thats why Nesta was born again against barca

billionmillion
billionmillion
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:56 pm

Even cesc's strength was crap, which was goalscoring, why did he tap it so lightly past cech when ashley cole was running full speed not too far away?

As I said it is an excuse though that doesn't leave sanchez free from criticism, but I'll just give him the benefit of the doubt on this one and watch a few more big European games before judging him.

@above, dunno where you've been getting that kaka was better then ozil in the clasicos. Ozil was WAY better. Kaka did the same thing fab is doing that is pissing you guys off, losing the ball in dumb situations.

Nesta got beat many times, he was milans best defender but messi skinned him a few good times.

Pep playing again? This is a joke right? Laughing

Drogba is a physical monster and against masherano its not the prettiest match up, and it doesn't matter if masch is the best tackler of all time, a 5'8 guy is not going to have a good time vs a 6'3 guy in the middle, especally with chelsea constantly hoofing it. (though the first goal was his fault due to poor marking and not an aerial threat; my bad)

Last edited by Giggity5313 on Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:00 pm; edited 2 times in total
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:58 pm

Okay, while we're still letting off steam, Masch-Puyol were atrocious during the goal. They were both trying to do exactly the same thing and didn't notice Drogba until it was too late. Very little communication in this regard, perhaps Valdes could also be blamed for not pointing it out to Masche. Their one goal could have been handled a lot better.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by billionmillion Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:02 pm

I dont know about you guys but Cesc is important player, and Guardiola agrees with me. he will start Cesc again in second leg

and giggity are you serious? Kaka in el clasicos >>>>>>>>>> Ozil by far. When Ozil had a good game against barcelona? Kaka lost the balls? so? messi also loses the balls. because they love dribbling
billionmillion
billionmillion
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:03 pm

billionmillion wrote:I dont know about you guys but Cesc is important player, and Guardiola agrees with me. he will start Cesc again in second leg

and giggity are you serious? Kaka in el clasicos >>>>>>>>>> Ozil by far. When Ozil had a good game against barcelona? Kaka lost the balls? so? messi also loses the balls. because they love dribbling

At least messi actually dribbles someone Laughing kaka was pretty average in most el clasicos. Ozil was great and earlier in the season he was playing in a deeper role and still did good.

Loving to dribble is not an excuse for kaka, hes not messi
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next