Ali
izzy
Albiceleste
The Franchise
jibers
36 posters

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Why are Manchester City so ovverated? - Page 2 Empty Re: Why are Manchester City so ovverated?

Post by The Messiah Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:50 pm

I remember earlier this season how British media Predicted theY will come ontop in cpl grp stage, ahead of Bayern and Napoli..

Lulzzzzzzzz, don't blame them, blame British media.

Last edited by Idrisozet on Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:52 pm; edited 1 time in total

The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

http://pose-grpp.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Why are Manchester City so ovverated? - Page 2 Empty Re: Why are Manchester City so ovverated?

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:51 pm

Le Samourai wrote:
jibers wrote:
Le Samourai wrote:I'm strictly saying talent.

Please understand I'm not calling them better or even close......but those two are really really talented.

In terms of talent based on what? LOL, I am 100% sure you did not watch any of those players, so again, it is understandable. Aguero wishes he was half as good as Henry

I'm done with the comparison.

Aguero and Balo are an insanely talented and compatible pair of strikers end/of.

I disagree, Balo wanders around too much, and that's Aguero's game who is far better at it.

Both Aguero and Balo are SS types of forward, who usually pair up well with Box strikers.

If you match Aguero and Falcao, you have an ideal combination.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:53 pm

Le Samourai wrote:
jibers wrote:

Please understand I'm not calling them better or even close......but those two are really really talented.

In terms of talent based on what? LOL, I am 100% sure you did not watch any of those players, so again, it is understandable. Aguero wishes he was half as good as Henry

Lol, again, 100% sure you never watched Henry and co in their prime, because you would not even believe that. Loooooool

Aguero and Balo are an insanely talented and compatible pair of strikers end/of.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Ali Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:54 pm

Le Samourai wrote:
jibers wrote:

LOL JOSH
Ali
Ali
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:56 pm

Aight I give up.

Aguero and Balo are scrubs who are't fit to lace the boots of Heskey and Crouch.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:58 pm

Le Samourai wrote:Aight I give up.

Aguero and Balo are scrubs who are't fit to lace the boots of Heskey and Crouch.

Considering those two havent played up front together, and considring neither one of them are out and out strikers I wonder how they would play together.. LOOOOOOL. Comparable to Henry and Bergkamp...the funniest thing I have ever seen on GL. Literally...I'm in tears.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:00 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:
Le Samourai wrote:
jibers wrote:

I disagree, Balo wanders around too much, and that's Aguero's game who is far better at it.

Both Aguero and Balo are SS types of forward, who usually pair up well with Box strikers.

Balo strikes me as a guy who will be a truly complete CF once he gets serious, he will never be a great SS but he can be a great CF.\

Strength
Pace
Finishing

Plus all the moderate technical talent he's picked up.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:02 pm

jibers wrote:
Le Samourai wrote:Aight I give up.

Considering those two havent played up front together, and considring neither one of them are out and out strikers I wonder how they would play together.. LOOOOOOL. Comparable to Henry and Bergkamp...the funniest thing I have ever seen on GL. Literally...I'm in tears.

I made Jibers Eterno cry

Josh Eterno is born :bow:

>>>>Zyzz
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:02 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:
Le Samourai wrote:
jibers wrote:

I think it works well tbh, they take turns interchanging in between the lines, Silva can link up with both...it works well to me.

It would be even better if they had a great midfielder who can draw attention and therefore create more space.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:07 pm

The Franchise wrote:
I think it works well tbh, they take turns interchanging in between the lines, Silva can link up with both...it works well to me.

It would be even better if they had a great midfielder who can draw attention and therefore create more space.

yeah it works, although neither of them is a ruthless scorer.

It lacks directness tho, that's why i said it's not "ideal". Forlan and Aguero together on paper was also very strong, with both interchanging roles during games. I just think it messes up the balance when you dont have someone whose natural game is to make those runs forward.

Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:10 pm

True, agree with that. If I am City though, its the wide area and deeper midfield that needs fixing first though.

But as you said earlier, Mancini might need to start worrying about his job so it could make this discussion pointless.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:16 pm

I really never heard anyone compare them to Barcelona and Madrid??

Maybe the English media did, and I'm not even sure about that but I don't know why anyone would listen to anything the English media says as anything that happens in the EPL is the best thing ever to them until they lose a game or two then there the worst thing ever.

And BTW, your way off on the whole no one has won anything on there team thing.

Balotelli- A couple Serie A's and a Champions League.

Aguero- Europa League (what did you expect with Atletico?) 2008 Olympic Gold Medal.

Dzeko- Bundesliga title with Wolfsburg FFS.

Zabaleta- 2008 Olympic Gold Medal.

David Silva- Copa Del Rey, 2008 Euros, 2010 World Cup!!!

Nigel De Jong- Dutch League Championship with Ajax.

Carlos Tevez- Argentinian league Championship, 2003 Copa Libertadores (voted MVP of the Tournament), 2003 Intercontinental cup (beating Milan), 2005 Brazilian league Champion with Corinthians, UEFA Champions League with United, 2008 Fifa Club World Cup, 2 EPL titles.

I mean you can throw in the Toure's and get even more Silverware not to mention almost everyone on the team won an FA cup.

You can downplay certain titles some of them have won but those are the teams they played for before they got to City, what did you want them to do? The list is actually very impressive so I don't know where you got this whole individualy they haven't won anything thing your talking about.

Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Be/\/ceCALI Tue Apr 03, 2012 12:30 am

Aguero and Balotelli are very talented players without a doubt, but lets not get carried away here. They are still both very young, but I don't think they will reach the level of the 2 football legends..

Henry and Bergkamp - these 2 were something else, unplayable at their peaks. Bergkamp was probably the closest thing ive seen to technically perfect. Best first touch i've ever seen.

Henry in his prime was unplayable. Scariest forward of his generation along with R9. He's still going strong; just scored a hat-trick for NY Smile

Be/\/ceCALI
Be/\/ceCALI
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by leemhuis Tue Apr 03, 2012 12:41 am

Manchester United did not do so much better than Manchester City in the CL or Europa League. And, the title in England is still not yet won.
leemhuis
leemhuis
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Tue Apr 03, 2012 12:47 am

No idea. Laughing stock considering the talent they have at their disposal, and the underwhelming performances they've put out this year.

I guess a lot of FIFA kids or kneejerkers are usual overhyped them.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Ali Tue Apr 03, 2012 1:25 pm

dnmac4 wrote:I really never heard anyone compare them to Barcelona and Madrid??

Maybe the English media did, and I'm not even sure about that but I don't know why anyone would listen to anything the English media says as anything that happens in the EPL is the best thing ever to them until they lose a game or two then there the worst thing ever.

And BTW, your way off on the whole no one has won anything on there team thing.

Balotelli- A couple Serie A's and a Champions League.

Aguero- Europa League (what did you expect with Atletico?)

Dzeko- Bundesliga title with Wolfsburg FFS.

David Silva- Copa Del Rey

Nigel De Jong- Dutch League Championship with Ajax.

Carlos Tevez- Argentinian league Championship, 2003 Copa Libertadores (voted MVP of the Tournament), 2003 Intercontinental cup (beating Milan), 2005 Brazilian league Champion with Corinthians, UEFA Champions League with United, 2008 Fifa Club World Cup, 2 EPL titles.

I mean you can throw in the Toure's and get even more Silverware not to mention almost everyone on the team won an FA cup.

You can downplay certain titles some of them have won but those are the teams they played for before they got to City, what did you want them to do? The list is actually very impressive so I don't know where you got this whole individualy they haven't won anything thing your talking about.

Let's just say that we're talking about club silverware. The list would look something like that. Considering Balotelli wasn't even a big factor in Inter Milan's team and caused trouble in the locker room, he wasn't exactly a starting XI player.
Copa Del Rey is the equivalent of the F.A Cup, or the Carling Cup? (Ligit. question)
Dutch League Championship with AJAX isn't exactly something that would give him experience in winning trophies to be honest.
Ali
Ali
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Tue Apr 03, 2012 4:00 pm

Every time Jibers rants, I think he bursts a blood vessel or two. So cranky, so so cranky.

Alas, Balo and Aguero are very talented and would probably make an absolute deadly strike force but one must realise that to compare them with the strike force of Bergkamp and Henry would be really unfair to Balo and Aguero. Not just talent wise but also the Arsenal duo accomplished so much that it just makes the comparison kinda silly.

Still rather the Yorke/Cole duo though...

Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by S32TABLANCA Tue Apr 03, 2012 4:08 pm

There is no Carling Cup in Spain, so the Copa del Rey is more like the FA Cup.
S32TABLANCA
S32TABLANCA
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Tue Apr 03, 2012 4:22 pm

Le Samourai wrote:
Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
Le Samourai wrote:Balo-Aguero is quite possibly the most talented strike partnership the PL has ever seenl.

Henry and Bergkamp would like some words with you Laughing

....Apologies.....

But still.....they ain't far off.....Balo is just too legit ffs....

I kinda stand by it too....they're a better fit for each other than Bergkamp-Henry IMHO....though I really did love the latter.....They playeda legit 4-2-2-2 :bow:
Wuuuttt?????
Cole-Yorke>>>>>>>>>>>>Balo-Aguero
Hasslebaink-Gudjohnsen>>>>>>>>Balo-Aguero
Even Shearer-Sutton>>>>>>>>>Balo-Aguero :coffee:
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue Apr 03, 2012 4:25 pm

Ali"The Superman"8775 wrote:Let's just say that we're talking about club silverware. The list would look something like that. Considering Balotelli wasn't even a big factor in Inter Milan's team and caused trouble in the locker room, he wasn't exactly a starting XI player.
Copa Del Rey is the equivalent of the F.A Cup, or the Carling Cup? (Ligit. question)
Dutch League Championship with AJAX isn't exactly something that would give him experience in winning trophies to be honest.

Why make that distinction? Does a title stop being a title if it's for a NT? Suspect

Anyways they do have players that are "champions", look at Tevez, Silva and Toure. They've both won the highest honors. But I do agree that the comparison is not adequate. That being said, I don't see them being compared to Barca, Real and Bayern very often, so I can't see where the OP comes from.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by che Tue Apr 03, 2012 4:51 pm

to answer the op, because mancini's iq deficiency is the only thing standing between them and unprecedented dominance

like it or not, they have the best squad in the league, it's just that their coach insists on playing gareth *bleep* barry instead
che
che
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Benfica

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Sun May 06, 2012 6:30 pm

this thread is gold lol
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by animal.crackers Sun May 06, 2012 6:30 pm

Laughing
animal.crackers
animal.crackers
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by animal.crackers Sun May 06, 2012 6:34 pm

We were playing bad for a few weeks because our best player (Silva) was playing with an ankle injury. The same ankle that he had surgery on because players always kick him.

His dip in form, coincided with the team's dip in form, and Nasri is not as incisive as Silva can be so we looked lost for ideas sometimes.

Also, nearly every team we play puts everyone behind the ball and that is difficult. Even for Barcelona.

But our form is back, and I think we will win this title.
animal.crackers
animal.crackers
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Sun May 06, 2012 6:35 pm

They are overrated though. Only level on points with an injury ravished United team that is far from as great as the past United teams. 500 mill+ spent just to most likely win the league on GD.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Sun May 06, 2012 6:35 pm

Where is everyone to kill City?

Or compare useless players that couldn't hold a candle to Yaya and say there better then him?

Come on trolls, where are you now?
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next