Ali
izzy
Albiceleste
The Franchise
jibers
36 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Why are Manchester City so ovverated? Empty Why are Manchester City so ovverated?

Post by jibers Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:06 pm

Seriously. It's staggering, the amount of people that I met that thought City were goingg to win a quadruple was ridiculous. What have they accomplished. City have a good squad. Not great, good. What have any of the players accomplished bar the Tore brothers? I really want to know. The thing is on this forum the word World class is thrown around a lot. Nasri performed decently for Arsenal in his last 3 months, all of a sudden he became a world beater, Balotelli has done nothing, Aguero, again, nothing. It really pains me when I hear people comparing City to Madrid, Bayern and Barcelona. So I want to hear your opinions on Manchester City. Please no trolling. People like Raptorgunner thought City would walk the league as well.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Why are Manchester City so ovverated? Empty Re: Why are Manchester City so ovverated?

Post by The Franchise Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:10 pm

Because talent wise and squad depth, they have it as good as anyone in the PL.

Apperent best in PL = One of the best in the world according to many media outlets.

You wouldnt find many others saying they were at that kind of level.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Why are Manchester City so ovverated? Empty Re: Why are Manchester City so ovverated?

Post by Albiceleste Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:10 pm

Aguero won the Europa League :coffee:

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:10 pm

I think it has to do with last season.

The fact they qualified for the CL and won a trophy, people thought they would buy world beaters and strom the league and they did start of like that.

Their failings in the CL and League have showed that they still have some way to go to become like United.

United are the definition of Clutch IMO.
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Ali Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:15 pm

Because people pick them on FIFA
Ali
Ali
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:15 pm

Albiceleste wrote:Aguero won the Europa League :coffee:

And Forlan was their best player :coffee:

Chat :arrow:
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:16 pm

The Franchise wrote:Because talent wise and squad depth, they have it as good as anyone in the PL.

Apperent best in PL = One of the best in the world according to many media outlets.

Squad depth they are good, but talent wise, they are no where on the level of Madrid or Barcelona, hell even Bayern. It's embarrassing when I see the two compared. What does Talent mean here btw? They have no proven player at the end of the day bar the Toures.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by S32TABLANCA Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:18 pm

Albiceleste wrote:Aguero won the Europa League :coffee:

Why are Manchester City so ovverated? APRD65
S32TABLANCA
S32TABLANCA
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:19 pm

If I were to clutching to straws I would have mentioned the UEFA Super Cup he also won :coffee:

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:22 pm

jibers wrote:
The Franchise wrote:Because talent wise and squad depth, they have it as good as anyone in the PL.

Squad depth they are good, but talent wise, they are no where on the level of Madrid or Barcelona, hell even Bayern. It's embarrassing when I see the two compared. What does Talent mean here btw? They have no proven player at the end of the day bar the Toures.

Yes, but only crazy media types (and the mindless followers that listen without question) thought they had that kind of talent.

Of course some of the clearly delueded players seemed to believe that too.

And proven dont mean anything..at one point everyone that had wasnt proven.

Silva, Aguero, Balo, Kompany and some other are ballers...talent isnt there problem in terms of not winning the title. They just have a horrible coach and a poor team mentality...also a couple flaws when you put the entire team out there.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:22 pm

Because of how they started the season and how many indvidually skilled players they problem they have is thier system and way of playing has been sussed out and they have a lack of "champions" compared to Utd.

Oh yh thier squad is terribly unbalanced, Kompany is the only genuine quality CB, both LB's are meh outside of Toure thier CM's are cack..... they have alot of AM's and strikers but no wingers other than Johnson who is very inconsistent anyway.

I did think they would win the league yes and i accept i was wrong but i didnt think these problems would effect them as quickly as they have.

I dont think United are as good individually but they have a squad full of "champions" and unlike City their squad in the most part is balanced.

Also who said they are up there with the best in the world? anyone who did needs their brain checked they are miles away from that at the moment.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:27 pm

Balo-Aguero is quite possibly the most talented strike partnership the PL has ever seenl.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:29 pm

Le Samourai wrote:Balo-Aguero is quite possibly the most talented strike partnership the PL has ever seenl.

Henry and Bergkamp would like some words with you Laughing
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by S32TABLANCA Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:30 pm

Albiceleste wrote:If I were to clutching to straws I would have mentioned the UEFA Super Cup he also won :coffee:

:bow:

inb4 random trophy in Argentininan babby league
S32TABLANCA
S32TABLANCA
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:32 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
Le Samourai wrote:Balo-Aguero is quite possibly the most talented strike partnership the PL has ever seenl.

Cole and Yorke
Shearer and Ferdinand
Hassalbaink and Gudjohnson (LOL)
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:32 pm

....Apologies.....

But still.....they ain't far off.....Balo is just too legit ffs....

I kinda stand by it too....they're a better fit for each other than Bergkamp-Henry IMHO....though I really did love the latter.....They playeda legit 4-2-2-2 :bow:

Last edited by Le Samourai on Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:34 pm

Le Samourai wrote:

....Apologies.....

Not sure if serious.
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:36 pm

Le Samourai wrote:

....Apologies.....

I kinda stand by it too....they're a better fit for each other than Bergkamp-Henry IMHO....though I really did love the latter.....They playeda legit 4-2-2-2 :bow:

Literally speechless...LOOOOOL...I suppose you are 16 so it's understandabel. They aren't even close ffs.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:38 pm

I'm strictly saying talent.

Please understand I'm not calling them better or even close......but those two are really really talented.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:38 pm

cmon josh,balotelli and aguero arent even close to henry-bergkamp in terms of talent,i actually thought you were joking
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:41 pm

Le Samourai wrote:I'm strictly saying talent.

Please understand I'm not calling them better or even close......but those two are really really talented.

Fair enough.

But what they have shown me so far doesn't really indicate they have what it takes to reach the level of Titi and Iceman.

But you never you.
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:42 pm

In terms of talent based on what? LOL, I am 100% sure you did not watch any of those players, so again, it is understandable. Aguero wishes he was half as good as Henry
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Ali Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:45 pm

Le Samourai wrote:

....Apologies.....

LMFAO
Ali
Ali
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:48 pm

jibers wrote:

In terms of talent based on what? LOL, I am 100% sure you did not watch any of those players, so again, it is understandable. Aguero wishes he was half as good as Henry

I'm done with the comparison.

Aguero and Balo are an insanely talented and compatible pair of strikers end/of.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:50 pm

I remember earlier this season how British media Predicted theY will come ontop in cpl grp stage, ahead of Bayern and Napoli..

Lulzzzzzzzz, don't blame them, blame British media.

Last edited by Idrisozet on Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Chelsea

http://pose-grpp.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next