Barcelona-Ac Milan;Champions league's quarter final second leg.

+104
billy_gr
the xcx
halamadrid2
Cassius
Brady2Moss
dostoevsky
Collblanc
teamanarchy
Lord Spencer
honduran09
Cotes
nandrolona
windkick
modernplaymakers
everest1
MaraVilla
arabprince
juventus101
Swanhends
jibers
•MilanDevil•
Kev
Luca
Lex
I Have Mono
Grande_Milano
ToEy
DuringTheWar
punkfusion1992
paperbackwriter
Yuri Yukuv
Arquitecto
Mr Nick09
leemhuis
V
red&blacklegion
nichabr
che
Dnmac4
tonger
CBarca
KMD
Seppuku
_LMG_10_
aford92
kiranr
The Verminator
VanDeezNuts
Cookie Monster
shamr9pato
steve_smith
serieAkings
Baraa
donttreadonred
vivabarca38
Eman
harhar11
dronte
Tomwin Lannister
Amar
Mamad
RED
Kuru
EarlyPrototype
Be/\/ceCALI
Adit
RealGunner
ronalessi
Zealous
Babun
S
Forza
Eivindo
Seth
Soul
sbaggio
StevieRayVaughan
cositomilan
chad4401
The Messiah
pUsHa
Mr_Puyol
guest7
johniet
The Franchise
Die Borussen
Lord Hades
Margera
spanky
Doc
Tigole
Albiceleste
zizzle
manlio
Milan31
Raptorgunner
Le Samourai
Ganso
rsinatra
Tomasso
TonyDaBeast
LeVersacci
Pedram
milanfan7
108 posters

Page 13 of 19 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 19  Next

Go down

Barcelona-Ac Milan;Champions league's quarter final second leg. - Page 13 Empty Re: Barcelona-Ac Milan;Champions league's quarter final second leg.

Post by Ganso Wed Apr 04, 2012 2:38 am

Am i the only one who realized messi was offside on the 1st penalty?
2nd penalty was very soft and coincidentally right after we drew

Ibra:"It seems like Uefa wants a certain two teams in the Champions League final. Now I understand how Mourinho feels every time he comes to Camp Nou."

Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Barcelona-Ac Milan;Champions league's quarter final second leg. - Page 13 Empty Re: Barcelona-Ac Milan;Champions league's quarter final second leg.

Post by •MilanDevil• Wed Apr 04, 2012 2:41 am

Ganso wrote:Am i the only one who realized messi was offside on the 1st penalty?
2nd penalty was very soft and coincidentally right after we drew

Ibra:"It seems like Uefa wants a certain two teams in the Champions League final. Now I understand how Mourinho feels every time he comes to Camp Nou."

Messi was not offside he cant be. Antonini had a bad first touch which caused the ball to slide into Messi's feet. The ball was not delivered to him by another Barca player.
•MilanDevil•
•MilanDevil•
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by leemhuis Wed Apr 04, 2012 3:02 am

Whatever, all that posturing by the Barcelona players is just so funny. Yes, we lose, but I would not want to support a team of player like the Barcelona player.
leemhuis
leemhuis
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by juventus101 Wed Apr 04, 2012 3:03 am

Barcelona were obviously playing better than Milan and possibly wouldve went through anyways, but the ref was the game changer with hisawful calls. First Chelsea in 09, then Arsenal in 11, and now this, tho this wasnt as bad as those 2, especially the Chelsea game. But that corner shouldve been obviously redone and no penalty, and Robinhos breakaway which resulted in Boatengs goal shouldve stood. Mathematically, it really shouldve ended 2-2, though we dont know what wouldve happenned in that situation. But those calls were obviously crooked. Im callin it right now, in 5, max 10 years, the board will wise up and catch Barca in the act. It will befound out for sure that theyactuallyare paying referees. Im telling you. Its ridiculous the calls they get.
juventus101
juventus101
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by •MilanDevil• Wed Apr 04, 2012 3:08 am

juventus101 wrote:Barcelona were obviously playing better than Milan and possibly wouldve went through anyways, but the ref was the game changer with hisawful calls. First Chelsea in 09, then Arsenal in 11, and now this, tho this wasnt as bad as those 2, especially the Chelsea game. But that corner shouldve been obviously redone and no penalty, and Robinhos breakaway which resulted in Boatengs goal shouldve stood. Mathematically, it really shouldve ended 2-2, though we dont know what wouldve happenned in that situation. But those calls were obviously crooked. Im callin it right now, in 5, max 10 years, the board will wise up and catch Barca in the act. It will befound out for sure that theyactuallyare paying referees. Im telling you. Its ridiculous the calls they get.

A game is not won by your playing style, there are plenty other factors that determine the game such as tactics, and etc.
•MilanDevil•
•MilanDevil•
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by juventus101 Wed Apr 04, 2012 3:12 am

Im not saying that Barca were going to win, just that they obviously were controlling the game and POSSIBLY wouldve won. I hate Barca, I was supporting Milan the whole game, and while it was the ref that really beat Milan on the scoreline, on the field Barca was controlling the game.
juventus101
juventus101
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by arabprince Wed Apr 04, 2012 3:15 am

Put aside the fact that the ref should've stopped the play before the kick, as any other ref would. But look at where the hell busquets is. No where near the ball. I've seen COUNTLESS other plays get fouled in the box when they are no where near the ball or action and never get called a penalty. Its ridiculous that the ref called this. Sure Barcelona probably would have won anyways, but this is a complete farce and it's such a shame that football matches are constantly marred by *bleep* up refereeing.
arabprince
arabprince
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by leemhuis Wed Apr 04, 2012 3:17 am

i Barcelona were obviously playing better than Milan

Without referee 2 strange decisions it would be 1-1, thank to a lucky deflection for Barca. Milan scored only good goal from good play.

leemhuis
leemhuis
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Wed Apr 04, 2012 3:29 am

Can we merge all the threads about referees into one. it's annoying to see so many threads with the same subject.
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by MaraVilla Wed Apr 04, 2012 3:30 am

leemhuis wrote:i Barcelona were obviously playing better than Milan

Without referee 2 strange decisions it would be 1-1, thank to a lucky deflection for Barca. Milan scored only good goal from good play.

not sure if you're a tard or not leemhuis but the only questionable call was the 2nd penalty.
MaraVilla
MaraVilla
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by leemhuis Wed Apr 04, 2012 3:32 am

Not one penalty would have be called by a experienced referee. There were 2-3 such penalties on Ibra and Robinho similar and not call. Maybe Cruyff pay the dutch referee, and I am Dutch.
leemhuis
leemhuis
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by _LMG_10_ Wed Apr 04, 2012 3:38 am

milan pulled puyol jersey in the first leg. should have been a penalty. so they called it this time. its beautiful, when a referee does that it allows the beautiful game to flow. they should call shirt pulling every single time, it is a rule, one of the only 18 rules , like offside. it is a automatic yellow card just like its an automatic red when you tackle while being last man back. there is no negotiation about it and the matter is that everytime its not called we are deviating from the beautiful game. you should be upset about why they didnt call they puyol penalty in the first leg, which was a clear cut chance, not why the ref called one of the non-negotiable rules of the game.

_LMG_10_
Starlet
Starlet

http://www.eurofootballweb.com

Back to top Go down

Post by leemhuis Wed Apr 04, 2012 3:41 am

Let us see how many shirt pulls in the area are call as penalty in next games in this year CL. I tell you, not one will be call.
leemhuis
leemhuis
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by kiranr Wed Apr 04, 2012 3:45 am

This kind of penalty call was ludicrous in the sense that it is called very rarely. And in a game of this magnitude, it shouldn't have been awarded.

Yet, in the Sanchez one of the first leg, the ref was right in not awarding the penalty and not taking a decision that most other refs would have taken?

Inconsistencies galore. The same logic should be applied in all cases and not just selective ones where the calls dont go your way.
kiranr
kiranr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by everest1 Wed Apr 04, 2012 3:48 am

I Have Mono wrote:
Luca wrote:
I Have Mono wrote:
Luca wrote:
I Have Mono wrote:
The Franchise wrote:
Le Samourai wrote:
The Franchise wrote:Ref sees Nesta with a handful of a Barca shirt...are we now saying, he should ignore what he sees and let play continue, even when Busquets hits the ground?

smh

This penalty was like a cop giving a guy a $5000 dollar ticket for going 76 mph in a 75 mph zone.

While all the cars that pass them while he's giving the guy the ticket are travelling at 80mph.

Nothing like that at all, poor anaolgy.

First of all, your trying to say Milan had worse happen them...when in fact, they had NOTHING happened to them. Before you waste your time and cry about Ibra.

A. None happened in the box
B. Anything outside the box was called a foul or called a dive, on the whole rightly so
C. None were anything like as blatant as Nesta, therefore making an decision that much harder.

Second, dont go over the speed limit and you wont get puninished..dont grab a shirt, you wont get punished.

You cant do something wrong and then cry that you got called for it..the best you can moan about is consistency, which there was none of.

How can you say that's is a poor analogy. It was spot on.
In California the speed limit on the freeway is 65 yet for 20 years everyone drives 75 yet the CHP never pull anyone over.
So if I'm going 75 and get pulled over you have every right to be pissed because the speed limit of 65 is rarely enforced.
There's this thing called Letter of the law and Spirit of the law. It can be applied to refereeing also.
This ref called the foul according to the Letter of the law which while not illegal is in the minority. While most other refs call fouls off spirit of the law.

If you were doing 75 you'd have every right to be pulled over, simply saying that 'because everyone else is doing it' is not legitimate. It is called appealing to popularity. Additionally, the police have great discretion- can every speeder be arrested? No.

This applies to referees just as well. Referees have great discretion, and more often than not they do make the correct decision.

The way to look at this penalty, look only at this play, not other plays, not other games, not anything else.
Look at the incident, look at the rules.

Is it a penalty?

That's all that matters in the end.

Except it's not I'll go 75 because everyone else is. It's I'll go 75 because the police enforce the speed limit using spirit of the law.
The shirt tug is similar its not I'll pull his shirt because everyone else does it, it's I'll pull his shirt because the red uses discretion and never calls it(spirit of the law)

Except in this case the ref went by the letter of the law and gave a penalty. But like I said its not that he broke a rule or did something illegal but when 99% of refs don't make that call and he does Milan fans have every right to bitch about it.

Well, the next time you get pulled over for speeding. You tell the cop that everyone else was doing it. The next time you're in court, your defense should be everyone else was doing it.

Let me know how it turns out

The judge would dismiss the ticket based on the history of generally not giving that ticket over the course of 20 years.
Where as in soccer there is no process to prevent bullshit like this.
either youre not old enough to drive or you've never had a conversation with a judge. i understand people are going to be upset, but come on, this argument is terrible.
everest1
everest1
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Wed Apr 04, 2012 3:54 am

His logic is just faulty, it's alright. I completely understand where he is coming from and he shows a strong complaint for both football and policing.

Really, in matters of discretion, the law and the referees always rule. You have to try and be as objective as possible and it is difficult sometimes.

Speed limit is 50, you're driving 60, are you speeding? Yes, is that punishable? Of course. If you are the only one of 10 to get pulled over, is that fair? No, maybe not- but would them also getting a ticket make yours worth less? In the end, no.

Referees can alter games too much sometimes though, no arguments here.

Luca
J Council Master

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by zizzle Wed Apr 04, 2012 3:56 am

notice how all barca's CLs stink
undeserved rewards are never satisfying, their fans might celebrate for eternity but they will NEVER feel what a real victory feels like
zizzle
zizzle
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by kiranr Wed Apr 04, 2012 4:00 am

zizzle wrote:notice how all barca's CLs stink
undeserved rewards are never satisfying, their fans might celebrate for eternity but they will NEVER feel what a real victory feels like

Laughing

kiranr
kiranr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Wed Apr 04, 2012 4:03 am

kiranr wrote:This kind of penalty call was ludicrous in the sense that it is called very rarely. And in a game of this magnitude, it shouldn't have been awarded.

Yet, in the Sanchez one of the first leg, the ref was right in not awarding the penalty and not taking a decision that most other refs would have taken?

Inconsistencies galore. The same logic should be applied in all cases and not just selective ones where the calls dont go your way.

The ref saw this and made a point of calling it this time.I personally feel this was not the time to be setting precedents.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Wed Apr 04, 2012 4:03 am

zizzle wrote:notice how all barca's CLs stink

Barcelona-Ac Milan;Champions league's quarter final second leg. - Page 13 Funny-dog-pictures-dog-will-not-get-off-his-high-horse

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Wed Apr 04, 2012 4:07 am

Can't wait for Juve to be in the CL next season.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by zizzle Wed Apr 04, 2012 4:08 am

truth hearts smoking
zizzle
zizzle
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by kiranr Wed Apr 04, 2012 4:09 am

Le Samourai wrote:

The ref saw this and made a point of calling it this time.I personally feel this was not the time to be setting precedents.

Won't disagree with you in this case.
kiranr
kiranr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Wed Apr 04, 2012 4:10 am

Need 2-3 signings to make a splash

It will be so exciting, hopefully Del Piero will still be on the team, or else it will be bittersweet

but this is off topic

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by leemhuis Wed Apr 04, 2012 4:31 am

Le Samourai wrote:Can't wait for Juve to be in the CL next season.

They are back to being the fighters they were before Calciopoli.
leemhuis
leemhuis
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by modernplaymakers Wed Apr 04, 2012 4:44 am

Here's a video of some of the controversial ref decisions: minus.com/mbImVCKXP/

modernplaymakers
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 19 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 19  Next