Back to top Go down

Xavi vs Pirlo - Page 11 Empty Re: Xavi vs Pirlo

Post by The Sanchez Wed Jun 27, 2012 3:18 am

MrDeeds wrote:
paxtonpale wrote:
MrDeeds wrote:
paxtonpale wrote:
MrDeeds wrote:
The Franchise wrote:Shouted at, is the correct term.

And no, he just been thrown out the entire club lol

Thanks my friend, now let me get your facts straight.

First. Xavi: "Four years ago I was Barcelona's cancer; Rijkaard didn't believe in me"

He stayed in Barcelona because he knew nobody else would want him. Such a flop a player.

Second. Pirlo left Milan. Milan offered a 1 year contract that could keep going til 2050, but Pirlo preferred the 3 years deal Juventus was offering him.

SO, the legend that is Andrea Pirlo since 2002, never was "thrown out" of Milan, he left it. Xavi was Barca's utility player a.k.a trash. The end.
2050? :facepalm:
Riijkard didn't play Xavi to his full potential but still Xavi still played well. Im pretty sure Pirlo wouldn't want to leave Milan to Juventus just becuase of a longer deal. As for Xavi, well your explanation is :facepalm:. He stayed in Barcelona because he thought Guardiola or a new coach would play to his strenghts. Clubs were offering deals for Xavi including Milan, Chelsea and even Manchester United so Im pretty sure no one thought he was what you call 'trash'. As it is today, this 'trash' is now the best midfielder in the world... :coffee:

It's not that Riijkard didn't play Xavi to his full potential, you are making it sound nice. Riijkard simply didn't use/like Xavi, as the rest of the world.

And your last statement is completely delusional. Even at his peak, Iniesta outshined him.

At his peak in the days of Riijkard that is :coffee: Recently (10-12), well Xavi came third for two years in a row and even beat Ronaldo in UEFA Best Player in Europe last season. I can agree with you that Pirlo was better than Xavi at their peak of their careers but recently Xavi has been three times better than Pirlo simply because of the age of Pirlo though Xavi is quite old as well mainly because of Guardiola.

Lmao, so for you, he was better than Sneijder at 2010? The delusion.
Xavi = media. He has it. He is the flag Spain media uses. For example, in Euro 2008, he won MVP unfairly because Senna was clearly the best of the tournament. In the WC he barely did something. Xavi's completely overrated IN IMPORTANT TOURNAMENTS, with the exception of matches against R.Madrid.
And Pirlo is one year older than Xavi and has been playing at top level since 02 :coffee:

Oh, and the peak of Riijkard in Barcelona was the Champions League. Guess what, he didn't play it.
In important tournaments he is overrated... :facepalm: In Euro 08 Xavi was GOAT and the way he dominanted the midfield, his passing was better than anything he did in Riikjard's reign and he really epitomised the Spanish style of play. He was the soul reason why Spain controlled the possession and the midfield. In the final, he really just proved my point and gave in one of the best assists of the tournament that Torres scored the winning goal. From that tournament, Xavi excelled as a brilliant midfielder. In WC, he was immense and again dominanted the midfield with ease. Sure, his freekicks and corners could have been a bit better but still had a 9/10 tournament. A brilliant backheel pass to Villa that led to a crucial goal in the Round of 16 where Spain looked like they could have lost. With Barca, well he missed the Champions League because of the lack of fitness. He came back from injury in April and with Barca already comfortable in the middle, why play a player who has come back from a serious injury in such an importnant game? In 09, he made 29 assists with 7 in the CL including one in the final. Tell me is the CL an important trophy? If you watched him in that year and 2010-11, you would have seen the impact he has on not only Barca but the Spanish team. These are just stats, start watching him and let the magic be revealed... :coffee:
The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by MrDeeds Wed Jun 27, 2012 3:43 am

paxtonpale wrote:
MrDeeds wrote:
paxtonpale wrote:
MrDeeds wrote:
paxtonpale wrote:
MrDeeds wrote:

First. Xavi: "Four years ago I was Barcelona's cancer; Rijkaard didn't believe in me"

He stayed in Barcelona because he knew nobody else would want him. Such a flop a player.

Second. Pirlo left Milan. Milan offered a 1 year contract that could keep going til 2050, but Pirlo preferred the 3 years deal Juventus was offering him.

SO, the legend that is Andrea Pirlo since 2002, never was "thrown out" of Milan, he left it. Xavi was Barca's utility player a.k.a trash. The end.
2050? :facepalm:
Riijkard didn't play Xavi to his full potential but still Xavi still played well. Im pretty sure Pirlo wouldn't want to leave Milan to Juventus just becuase of a longer deal. As for Xavi, well your explanation is :facepalm:. He stayed in Barcelona because he thought Guardiola or a new coach would play to his strenghts. Clubs were offering deals for Xavi including Milan, Chelsea and even Manchester United so Im pretty sure no one thought he was what you call 'trash'. As it is today, this 'trash' is now the best midfielder in the world... :coffee:

It's not that Riijkard didn't play Xavi to his full potential, you are making it sound nice. Riijkard simply didn't use/like Xavi, as the rest of the world.

And your last statement is completely delusional. Even at his peak, Iniesta outshined him.

At his peak in the days of Riijkard that is :coffee: Recently (10-12), well Xavi came third for two years in a row and even beat Ronaldo in UEFA Best Player in Europe last season. I can agree with you that Pirlo was better than Xavi at their peak of their careers but recently Xavi has been three times better than Pirlo simply because of the age of Pirlo though Xavi is quite old as well mainly because of Guardiola.

Lmao, so for you, he was better than Sneijder at 2010? The delusion.
Xavi = media. He has it. He is the flag Spain media uses. For example, in Euro 2008, he won MVP unfairly because Senna was clearly the best of the tournament. In the WC he barely did something. Xavi's completely overrated IN IMPORTANT TOURNAMENTS, with the exception of matches against R.Madrid.
And Pirlo is one year older than Xavi and has been playing at top level since 02 :coffee:

Oh, and the peak of Riijkard in Barcelona was the Champions League. Guess what, he didn't play it.
In important tournaments he is overrated... :facepalm: In Euro 08 Xavi was GOAT and the way he dominanted the midfield, his passing was better than anything he did in Riikjard's reign and he really epitomised the Spanish style of play. He was the soul reason why Spain controlled the possession and the midfield. In the final, he really just proved my point and gave in one of the best assists of the tournament that Torres scored the winning goal. From that tournament, Xavi excelled as a brilliant midfielder. In WC, he was immense and again dominanted the midfield with ease. Sure, his freekicks and corners could have been a bit better but still had a 9/10 tournament. A brilliant backheel pass to Villa that led to a crucial goal in the Round of 16 where Spain looked like they could have lost. With Barca, well he missed the Champions League because of the lack of fitness. He came back from injury in April and with Barca already comfortable in the middle, why play a player who has come back from a serious injury in such an importnant game? In 09, he made 29 assists with 7 in the CL including one in the final. Tell me is the CL an important trophy? If you watched him in that year and 2010-11, you would have seen the impact he has on not only Barca but the Spanish team. These are just stats, start watching him and let the magic be revealed... :coffee:

With this you are telling that you don't watch football, you just read what the media says.
He was not even in the top 5 players of the WC, and Senna was the real MIDFIELDER of the Euro 08.

MrDeeds
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Kev Wed Jun 27, 2012 7:59 am

alexjanosik wrote:
Kev wrote:Xavi will never ever be as big a game changer as Pirlo is.
Yesterday, I watched the Italy- Germany WC 2006 game out of nostalgia and I was wonderfully reminded how much Pirlo steps up when the team needs him.

On the other hand, Xavi plays as well against Tenerife in a Copa Del Rey ro16 match as against the Netherlands in a WC final. He's consistently good, but can never deliver godly moments like Pirlo does.

Xavi plays it too safe for my liking, unlike Pirlo, in tough situations.

Posts like these are simply hilarious.
Let me just remind everyone what Xavi has done.
This Barca midfield is by far the best midfield the game has ever seen.No other midfield in the history of the game has even come close.This midfield has completely and utterly dominated and outplayed every other midfield on the planet week in,week out,year in year out,in the biggest of competitions and on the grandest of stages for going on 4 years.
And Xavi is the MVP of that midfield.He has completely and utterly dominated every single midfield he has come up against and has delivered mind blowing performances in the biggest of games and at the toughest of venues.Multiple CL finals,semifinals,quarter finals,league deciders.You name it and he has performed at a level never before seen from a CM at the grandest of stages.
He has completely and utterly dominated,outplayed and humilated the Madrid midfield countless times over the same period and did it regularly at the Bernabeau.The 6-2 and the 5-0 masterpieces were his creation.The 5-0 is regarded as the greatest performance ever by many.
Its no wonder that after their midfield has been completely and utterly humilated by Xavi all these years Madrid fans feel bitter and feel the need to come out with outright and stupid lies.
Xavi has not just done it at the club level but also at the NT level with Spain dominating every single midfield he comes up against.
In short he is the brain and MVP of the greatest midfield the game has ever seen.Pirlo just isnt in the same league.
Thanks for the input Mr. Freud.

Anyway, all I said was Pirlo delivers substantially more special moments than Xavi. Xavi controls the tempo of the game better than Pirlo, but Xavi doesn't show flashes of brilliance as often as Pirlo.

Is it that idea that hard to swallow? Since when has Xavi overshadowed Messi or Iniesta in a big match? Exactly... never. Xavi's always there, dictating the pace of the game, but it is always Messi and Iniesta that produces magic out of nothing.

Much is the same for Pirlo in club and country. But, the fact that Pirlo also controls the game gives his moments of inspiration even more awe.

Alex, you must let go of the fact that Xavi isn't the best in every facet of the game. He'll never be as fast as Walcott, have a good a header as Cahill, free kicks as Juninho or technique of Zidane. Similarly, he'll never had moments of glory like Pirlo or long balls like Alonso. But, on the whole, as a package, he's unique. Xavi doesn't have to be the very best as everything to be a GOAT, which he already is, if you're worried that I haven't stated that.

Kev
Kev
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by billy_gr Wed Jun 27, 2012 8:19 am

Xavi, the media construction!!!
This thread keeps improving...
billy_gr
billy_gr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Sanchez Wed Jun 27, 2012 9:44 am

The thread is getting me annoyed... :coffee:
The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by MrDeeds Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:10 am

billy_gr wrote:Xavi, the media construction!!!

The fact that they gave him Euro 08 and WC 10 MVP, proves it.

MrDeeds
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by The Sanchez Wed Jun 27, 2012 11:05 am

MrDeeds wrote:

This is going to be the last time Im going to say this crap. Xavi deserved it. Both judging on what he did on the pitch and on facts. The way he controlled the game into Spain's hand really set both him and Spain to another dimension in football. Anyway, who cares about being MVP really, where was Pirlo? Surely 'the great' could have stopped Italy from coming last in the group stages afterall he is the soul reason why Italy are still in this competition according to you. hmm
The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed Jun 27, 2012 11:14 am

MrDeeds wrote:

While you bring up meaningless qoutes, I watched the games. Utility player who started all the time?

Please. Go watch him in 04 vs your precious Milan, where he ran you ragged.

Noone else wanted him?

Sir Alex and Man Utd tried desperately to get him, everyone knows that. Other than people like you who have no real idea about football.

And keep making up stories about Pirlo leaving on his own terms. He was no longer wanted because he was seen as finished. No new contract. They were so convinced he was finished, they would rather let him go to Juve than sign a new deal. What more do you want lol
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by billy_gr Wed Jun 27, 2012 12:07 pm

MrDeeds wrote:

He wasn’t 2010’s MVP.
And it could be argued that he was joint best player alongside Sena on 2008.
But saying he is just a media overhyped player is just incorrect.
He’s been an integral part of Spain whether he had flashy performances or not.
Most definitely for 2008 he deserved every bit of praise he got. Sena got his share too.
I’m not even gonna argue his importance for Barca.

I can understand your preference to Pirlo, but please stop diminishing Xavi
billy_gr
billy_gr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by billy_gr Wed Jun 27, 2012 12:09 pm

"He stayed in Barcelona because he knew nobody else would want him. Such a flop a player."

lol I just saw this... comedy...
billy_gr
billy_gr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Wed Jun 27, 2012 12:23 pm

Both of them are crap, Zidane won the WC and Euros 'single-handedly'.... :coffee:
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by billy_gr Wed Jun 27, 2012 12:35 pm

Zagorakis also... pirat
billy_gr
billy_gr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed Jun 27, 2012 12:42 pm

It's funny a Milan fan is claiming that Xavi was never wanted by anyone when the closest club that came to signing Xavi away from Barcelona was precisely Milan...
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Wed Jun 27, 2012 12:52 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:It's funny a Milan fan is claiming that Xavi was never wanted by anyone when the closest club that came to signing Xavi away from Barcelona was precisely Milan...

Xavi vs Pirlo - Page 11 ZeIncident
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by harhar11 Wed Jun 27, 2012 12:54 pm

MrDeeds wrote:

See how the media hyped Xavi after the Euro 08

Xavi vs Pirlo - Page 11 Daily-Mail-Apology

Yes, it is because the media loves Xavi so much that he is rated so highly...

harhar11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Wed Jun 27, 2012 12:58 pm

harhar11 wrote:
MrDeeds wrote:

See how the media hyped Xavi after the Euro 08

Xavi vs Pirlo - Page 11 Daily-Mail-Apology

Yes, it is because the media loves Xavi so much that he is rated so highly...

If anything the media were forced to acknowledge him...
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by harhar11 Wed Jun 27, 2012 1:05 pm

jibers wrote:

If anything the media were forced to acknowledge him...

That right there is much closer to reality than what MrDeeds is saying..

harhar11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Wed Jun 27, 2012 1:19 pm

LOL

THE EVOLUTION OF THIS THREAD

PHASE I
Pirlo fan: Xavi and Pirlo are both great
Xavi fan: Xavi and Pirlo are both great

PHASE II
Pirlo fan: Xavi and Pirlo are both great, but Pirlo is better
Xavi fan: Xavi and Pirlo are both great, but Xavi is better

PHASE III
Pirlo fan: Pirlo is the best by far, Xavi is crap
Xavi fan: Xavi is the best by far, Pirlo is crap

-

-

-

All I have to say is that it's such a shame it had to come to this childish bickering, let's just all agree Pirlo is better and move on. :coffee:
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

Back to top Go down

Post by harhar11 Wed Jun 27, 2012 1:25 pm

Has anyone from the Xavi side said that Pirlo is crap? Maybe alex, but apart from him?

harhar11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by MrDeeds Wed Jun 27, 2012 1:27 pm

The Franchise wrote:
MrDeeds wrote:

While you bring up meaningless qoutes, I watched the games. Utility player who started all the time?

Please. Go watch him in 04 vs your precious Milan, where he ran you ragged.

Noone else wanted him?

Sir Alex and Man Utd tried desperately to get him, everyone knows that. Other than people like you who have no real idea about football.

And keep making up stories about Pirlo leaving on his own terms. He was no longer wanted because he was seen as finished. No new contract. They were so convinced he was finished, they would rather let him go to Juve than sign a new deal. What more do you want lol

Xavi said that, not me.
And Milan offered Milan a 1 year contract, we all know that. He rejected it.

MrDeeds
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by MrDeeds Wed Jun 27, 2012 1:29 pm

harhar11 wrote:Has anyone from the Xavi side said that Pirlo is crap? Maybe alex, but apart from him?

He is obviously not crap, he is just crap when is compared to Pirlo. You know what I mean? :coffee2:

lol
He obviously isn't. He is a great player, but I stand on what I said. Overrated on Euro, and Spain's media favorite.

MrDeeds
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by billy_gr Wed Jun 27, 2012 1:31 pm

Forza Rossoneri wrote:LOL

PHASE I

PHASE II

PHASE III

-

-

-

All I have to say is that it's such a shame it had to come to this childish bickering, let's just all agree Xavi is better and move on. :coffee:

I'm with u all the way
billy_gr
billy_gr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Wed Jun 27, 2012 1:36 pm

To answer the question, Xavi would manage my type of team better, one which infuses counter attacking and possession based styles, simply because as Suarez said he has more range.

Now my type of team may not be better and Pirlo may not be better but I think after 227 posts someone should a least answer the question.

Lol'd at this threat tho, the tangents it took , GL :bow:
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Wed Jun 27, 2012 1:44 pm

billy_gr wrote:

PHASE I

PHASE II

PHASE III

-

-

-

All I have to say is that it's such a shame it had to come to this childish bickering, let's just all agree Xavi is better and move on. :coffee:

I strongly disagree with you
You have changed my mind, Pirlo is better
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

Back to top Go down

Post by billy_gr Wed Jun 27, 2012 1:47 pm

Forza Rossoneri wrote:
billy_gr wrote:

PHASE I

PHASE II

PHASE III

-

-

-

I strongly disagree with you
You have changed my mind, Pirlo is better

touche drinking
billy_gr
billy_gr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content