The Franchise
7amood11
jibers
82 posters

Page 7 of 20 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 13 ... 20  Next

Go down

Xavi vs Pirlo - Page 7 Empty Re: Xavi vs Pirlo

Post by DuringTheWar Sun Jun 17, 2012 10:47 pm

Kizu wrote:When I said attitude of a champions, I meant character, which he lacks.

'Mourinho won't go down in football history'
'Madrid's players bad losers, animals'
'Inter won the champions league, but nobody talks about them'
'Real Madrid lack respect towards Barcelona'

This man is a REAL CHAMPION :

Xavi vs Pirlo - Page 7 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSp_4o19Ymm4iAMuH15FnQOyXb5kBVSxLXUfyx2wIYZdc98WA-iEyaO_A19eQ

dat champions respect :bow:

DuringTheWar
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Sun Jun 17, 2012 11:28 pm

Diego Armando Maradona wrote:
Kizu wrote:When I said attitude of a champions, I meant character, which he lacks.

'Mourinho won't go down in football history'
'Madrid's players bad losers, animals'
'Inter won the champions league, but nobody talks about them'
'Real Madrid lack respect towards Barcelona'

This man is a REAL CHAMPION :

Xavi vs Pirlo - Page 7 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSp_4o19Ymm4iAMuH15FnQOyXb5kBVSxLXUfyx2wIYZdc98WA-iEyaO_A19eQ

dat champions respect :bow:

He was a kid enthusiastic because he scored against their rivals. The whole stadium was singing about Barca btw. Look at his interviews to make a comparasion with Mr. Humble and Respectful.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by kiranr Mon Jun 18, 2012 1:51 am

sportsczy wrote:
The Franchise wrote:No I cant..but I can think of loads of great players players who didnt completely fall off for 3, 4 years at some point in time so they have to get back to that level.

His fall off had a ton to do with Gattuso and Seedorf dropping massive class. He couldn't carry the midfield himself. Opponents would attack Pirlo and force the others to make the plays. Allegri's hiring made it even worse. Imagine if Xavi had to play with Gattuso and Seedorf when they were old lol.

Dare i say, he would still do well. Definitely not worse than Pirlo.
kiranr
kiranr
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by •MilanDevil• Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:39 am

In my opinion, Pirlo is more direct than Xavi which is something that I like. Xavi exploits spaces in the midfield before providing the killer pass while pirlo requires little amount of pace to execute his own killer pass. I thinks its more difficult to be direct with your movement, opponents expect what your doing but you still do it perfectly, on the other hand, Xavi does the unexpected. My vote has to go to Pirlo but the gap is very small between the 2.
•MilanDevil•
•MilanDevil•
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon Jun 18, 2012 7:18 am

kiranr wrote:
sportsczy wrote:
The Franchise wrote:No I cant..but I can think of loads of great players players who didnt completely fall off for 3, 4 years at some point in time so they have to get back to that level.

His fall off had a ton to do with Gattuso and Seedorf dropping massive class. He couldn't carry the midfield himself. Opponents would attack Pirlo and force the others to make the plays. Allegri's hiring made it even worse. Imagine if Xavi had to play with Gattuso and Seedorf when they were old lol.

Dare i say, he would still do well. Definitely not worse than Pirlo.

I doubt it highly. In fact, i'll say no way. Xavi's game is short passing. Gattuso and Seedorf were old, slow and just meh. Like pirlo, other teams would just bracket xavi and take their chances with those two. Think about it for a second.... Gattuso instead of yaya/busqets and seedorf in place of deco/iniesta.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by kiranr Mon Jun 18, 2012 8:04 am

Xavi does a lot of short passing and he is very good at it. But that does not mean his game is only short passing.

Yeah, he would have struggled with Gattuso probably, but i don't think he would struggled with Seedorf. In any case he has played with Senna very well in the Euros.

Xavi's main strength is movement and always being available for a pass and already knowing where he will pass the ball to next. Put him in any system and he will excel because of this particular quality.

Another one of Xavi's qualities is his passes when conter-attacking. He provides the perfect passes in such scenarios. Considering how they play in Milan, i think Xavi would have done quite well there.

This is why i said, he would not have done worse than Pirlo.
kiranr
kiranr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by billy_gr Mon Jun 18, 2012 8:46 am

Cotes wrote:Xavi should be happy he always had players like Messi, Ronaldhino, Eto'o & Henry to make him look good!
Pirlo makes team & other players look good! example, Kaka & Shevcenko

This is wrong on so many levels.
Putting the Pirlo-Xavi thing aside, one can argue that Sheva at his best was equal if not better than Eto’o and Kaka was above Deco at least for me… Let’s not take anything away from those wonderful players just to make Pirlo look good. Andrea doesn’t even need this
billy_gr
billy_gr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Mon Jun 18, 2012 9:25 am

sportsczy wrote:

Yep, all Gattuso and Seedorf, nothing to do with Pirlo. Thats why Milan let him go while the other two continued on.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Mon Jun 18, 2012 9:36 am

Oh and im laughing so hard at the logic;

Xavi played with better players, therefore Pirlo is better.

Pele played with Garrincha, Didi, Gerson and Carlos Alberto...I guess that means Platini is better then LOL
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by 7amood11 Mon Jun 18, 2012 9:39 am

BarrileteCosmico wrote:
7amood11 wrote:No, not necessarily. Buffon is a champion and is regarded as one of the best goalkeepers in history, yet he's never won a Champions League.You don't have to win trophies to be a champion.

That's why I said that the amount of trophies you have doesn't accurately reflect how good you are.
Buffon won titles though. And yes being a champion = winning trophies. it's the definition of the word.

Also, I understand you on the green part, but how does that relate to a conversation about Xavi, a footballer who has won absolutely everything?

I guess you do have a point then.
7amood11
7amood11
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by MrDeeds Mon Jun 18, 2012 5:59 pm

Eliminate Xavi's pass to the defense, and he is nothing special #fact

Besides, he is a crybaby, so annoying. Pirlo is better than him, and NEVER bitches about anything.

MrDeeds
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon Jun 18, 2012 7:39 pm

The Franchise wrote:
sportsczy wrote:

Yep, all Gattuso and Seedorf, nothing to do with Pirlo. Thats why Milan let him go while the other two continued on.

Wrong again (no surprise). He left because he asked to and didn't fit into allegri's system.

Platini went to juve when he was 26 btw. He was already a monster player with st etienne that did very well in europe. And yes, he is widely considered a top 10 player ever.

As far as garrincha and the others, they were considered the best by far at their position. Like messi with barca, they transcend the game with their talent.

But keep the logical falacies coming as always...
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Cotes Mon Jun 18, 2012 10:22 pm

One more assist for Pirlo Very Happy
Cotes
Cotes
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by MrDeeds Tue Jun 19, 2012 6:38 am

Can we talk how much Xavi sucked against Croatia? He plays 10 feets in front of Pirlo, and still no goal or assist.

MrDeeds
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by billy_gr Tue Jun 19, 2012 7:51 am

What’s with you kids and this whole judging based on one competition thing?
Or does that mean that Pirlo wasn’t a great player on 2010 because Italy was knocked out early in the WC?
billy_gr
billy_gr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue Jun 19, 2012 7:59 am

sportsczy wrote:
The Franchise wrote:
sportsczy wrote:

Wrong again (no surprise). He left because he asked to and didn't fit into allegri's system.

Platini went to juve when he was 26 btw. He was already a monster player with st etienne that did very well in europe. And yes, he is widely considered a top 10 player ever.

As far as garrincha and the others, they were considered the best by far at their position. Like messi with barca, they transcend the game with their talent.

But keep the logical falacies coming as always...

How very...irrelevant...babling on about nothing as per usual.

As I said, the logic that Pirlo is better because Xavi had better players has mroe holes that most of your arguements. As I pointed out, loads of players have had that luxary and yet...they are still known to be the best.

He left because he didnt fit the system? Or he didnt fit the system and Milan didnt care if he left?

And on that point...he didnt fit the system? The great Pirlo, better than Xavi cannot fit a system..why not build the system around him if he is that great...sort of like how they do for Xavi?

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Tue Jun 19, 2012 8:39 am

Pirlo is the system.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by 7amood11 Tue Jun 19, 2012 9:05 am

Couldn't think of any other place to put this, but Pirlo has either assisted or scored all 4 of Italy's goals so far. 3 assists and 1 goal from 3 games. Vital.
7amood11
7amood11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by MrDeeds Tue Jun 19, 2012 9:25 am

billy_gr wrote:What’s with you kids and this whole judging based on one competition thing?
Or does that mean that Pirlo wasn’t a great player on 2010 because Italy was knocked out early in the WC?

Italy was knocked out early because Pirlo didn't play lol. And nobody is judging based just only on this Euro, it's just more evidence. tongue

PS. Go Greece!! cheers

MrDeeds
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by billy_gr Tue Jun 19, 2012 9:41 am

If that’s the case then it was dumb of me to bring it up.
Anyway the point is that a single competition cannot be evidence for anything, especially when comparing players who are so close in terms of talent and brilliance. For example Xavi had those amazing stats on Euro 2008. Those alone cannot be used to claim superiority. Pirlo is a great player and he is having a great tournament so far. Xavi hasn’t been as good I admit but that is not a testament for the overall comparison. It has to be also noted that Xavi played more and more intense games throughout the year (CL etc) and he’s 31 years old. It’s easy to dismiss a player for having a mediocre tournament but it’s unfair and certainly not final in the overall comparison.
Anyway my two cents… Go Greece :-p
billy_gr
billy_gr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by MrDeeds Tue Jun 19, 2012 8:49 pm

Xavi had no amazing stats on Euro 2008. Senna, Villa and Iniesta were Spain, Xavi is just the flad Spain's media uses.

BTW, Pirlo is 33.

MrDeeds
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed Jun 20, 2012 12:55 am

Sports Pirlo didn't ask to leave Milan, he wanted to renew but the management didn't deem him worth renewing. He made some disillusioned public statements around the time that confirm this.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Cotes Wed Jun 20, 2012 5:06 pm

billy_gr wrote:
Cotes wrote:Xavi should be happy he always had players like Messi, Ronaldhino, Eto'o & Henry to make him look good!
Pirlo makes team & other players look good! example, Kaka & Shevcenko

This is wrong on so many levels.
Putting the Pirlo-Xavi thing aside, one can argue that Sheva at his best was equal if not better than Eto’o and Kaka was above Deco at least for me… Let’s not take anything away from those wonderful players just to make Pirlo look good. Andrea doesn’t even need this

Yh, then why does both Kaka & Shevcenko couldn't live up to the same level when they left Milan?

Eto'o went on to win a treble the year after which shows he didn't need Xavi...
Cotes
Cotes
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Cotes Wed Jun 20, 2012 5:06 pm

billy_gr wrote:What’s with you kids and this whole judging based on one competition thing?

Do some research...
Pirlo was injured!
Cotes
Cotes
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by harhar11 Thu Jun 21, 2012 10:01 pm

MrDeeds wrote:Can we talk how much Xavi sucked against Croatia? He plays 10 feets in front of Pirlo, and still no goal or assist.

Thats the reason why he is playing so average. Alonso needs to play because he plays for real madrid, so Del Bosque moved Xavi from his position further up the pitch to fit Alonso and lets say that that hasnt helped Xavis performance at all...

MrDeeds wrote:Xavi had no amazing stats on Euro 2008. Senna, Villa and Iniesta were Spain, Xavi is just the flad Spain's media uses.

BTW, Pirlo is 33.

:facepalm:

Iniesta is my favorite player but Iniesta didnt play better than Xavi, neither did Villa. Senna maybe but if he did than it wasnt by that much.

And once again stat aint everything but if you want, from the top of my head Xavi scored the opener against Russia in the semis and than made the assist for Torres goal against Germany.

And why do you guys care so much about stat? You do know that if football was all about stat then neither Pirlo,Iniesta nor Zidane would stand a chance against Xavi, Fabregas and Özil? For example, in 08/09 Xavi got 34 assist, yes 3f&cking5 assist, he followed that up with 19 assist, the season after that he got 14 assist and last season he got 12. It was just last season that pirlo got more assist than Xavi, but even than Xavi in his worst season in a long time got just 1 less assist but scored 13 goals more than Pirlos best season in a long time. So statistically Xavi in his worse season for a long time >>>>>>>>>>Pirlo in hus best season in a long time.

harhar11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by MrDeeds Fri Jun 22, 2012 1:43 am

harhar11 wrote:
MrDeeds wrote:Can we talk how much Xavi sucked against Croatia? He plays 10 feets in front of Pirlo, and still no goal or assist.

Thats the reason why he is playing so average. Alonso needs to play because he plays for real madrid, so Del Bosque moved Xavi from his position further up the pitch to fit Alonso and lets say that that hasnt helped Xavis performance at all...

MrDeeds wrote:Xavi had no amazing stats on Euro 2008. Senna, Villa and Iniesta were Spain, Xavi is just the flad Spain's media uses.

BTW, Pirlo is 33.

:facepalm:

Iniesta is my favorite player but Iniesta didnt play better than Xavi, neither did Villa. Senna maybe but if he did than it wasnt by that much.

And once again stat aint everything but if you want, from the top of my head Xavi scored the opener against Russia in the semis and than made the assist for Torres goal against Germany.

And why do you guys care so much about stat? You do know that if football was all about stat then neither Pirlo,Iniesta nor Zidane would stand a chance against Xavi, Fabregas and Özil? For example, in 08/09 Xavi got 34 assist, yes 3f&cking5 assist, he followed that up with 19 assist, the season after that he got 14 assist and last season he got 12. It was just last season that pirlo got more assist than Xavi, but even than Xavi in his worst season in a long time got just 1 less assist but scored 13 goals more than Pirlos best season in a long time. So statistically Xavi in his worse season for a long time >>>>>>>>>>Pirlo in hus best season in a long time.

Delusional.

MrDeeds
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 20 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 13 ... 20  Next