The Messiah
vivabarca38
BarcaLearning
49 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Milan vs Barca Empty Milan vs Barca

Post by BarcaLearning Fri Mar 16, 2012 2:48 pm

Not a thread on this yet. Surely the biggest game of the QFs. Discuss the tactics, predictions, thoughts, etc!

For me, I think it will be easier than many think for Barca. I just dont see how Milan can trouble us. Unless the counter very well which I dont think they do. They have Emualeuson who carries the ball, or Boateng to shift it forward. But I doubt both's passing quality since we will be all over them and pressure them into giving it back to us fast. Ibra can own it up if he gets it, but link up with the others arent very fluid. Abate is not bad and may offer something, but I dont think their LB will. Their midfield will be defending most of the tie and wont be able to offer much forward.

Opposite side they are solid in defense, with 3 DMs likely to protect so probably wont be easy breaking them down, but Messi is on fire now and should be able to carry this form until the end of the season. By April things should fall into place and we will be on top form as a team so I think we will be able to open up that defense and score and control the game.

Just my humble opinion. Yours?
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Milan vs Barca Empty Re: Milan vs Barca

Post by vivabarca38 Fri Mar 16, 2012 2:51 pm

We need the midfield on top form as thats milan's weakest point.Otherwise we'll have to face the wrath of their explosive attack and we will suffer.
vivabarca38
vivabarca38
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Fri Mar 16, 2012 2:53 pm

Milan to get through
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Chelsea

http://pose-grpp.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Fri Mar 16, 2012 2:55 pm

Idrisozet wrote:Milan to get through

I agree Milan will win both games. :coffee:
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by billy_gr Fri Mar 16, 2012 2:59 pm

APOEL to go through…
Wrong thread my @$$
billy_gr
billy_gr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Milan31 Fri Mar 16, 2012 3:00 pm

Milan won't trouble you? We aren't good on the counter attacks? Have you seen our attacking line? LOL. Anyways, I think this is the best draw for the QF and I am really excited to watch it. Forza Milan!
Milan31
Milan31
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Fri Mar 16, 2012 3:10 pm

What Milan have to do now is destroy the field more so it will turn in to a NFL game, the strongest players will be standing, Ibra will beat them all up. :mental: Clubber

Last edited by Raptorgunner on Fri Mar 16, 2012 3:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by rsinatra Fri Mar 16, 2012 3:14 pm

Barcelona will win it, They showed complete superiority against AC Milan in both games, to be honest. AC Milan were lucky to have only lost one of them.... too bad, I wish the Italians would make it at least to the semi-finals.. but you never know.
rsinatra
rsinatra
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sunderland

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Fri Mar 16, 2012 3:18 pm

Actually Milan would only need two draws. If they draw at Camp Nou 2:2 like in the group stage, they would go through if they manage a 1:1 or 0:0 at home.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Fri Mar 16, 2012 3:20 pm

we play first match at the san siro

4-0 time :mental:
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Fri Mar 16, 2012 3:20 pm

The biggest key to the game is Pato. I have not been paying much attention to him lately but does he have any chance of playing in this matchup?

Barca struggles with elite speed on the counter attack (Like Walcott) and IMO if Pato plays it will be a good match up with Barca going through.

I don't want to sound too cocky but w / o Pato I think Barca get by pretty easily. Barca usually struggle against organized Italian style teams but IMO Milan's defense can be gotten to. There not on the same level of Inter when they knocked us out and Allegri will not do a full park the bus like Mou.

Plus the score line Arsenal just threw up on them has to be very worrying for Milan fans. I know it was a weird situation with Milan being up by so many goals but things can go downhill very fast at the Camp Nou and in an instance your down 2-3 goals in a blink of an eye.

To sum it up I don't think Milan can stop Barca from scoring in any stadium so if they go back to Camp Nou with away goals then it's over with. Barca are ruthless at home in this competition and I don't care who there playing.
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by leemhuis Fri Mar 16, 2012 3:33 pm

rsinatra wrote:Barcelona will win it, They showed complete superiority against AC Milan in both games, to be honest. AC Milan were lucky to have only lost one of them.... too bad, I wish the Italians would make it at least to the semi-finals.. but you never know.

What? Barca outplayed Milan. Barcelona was gifted a penalty and Van Bommel scored an own goal and still it was only 2-3 in the second game. Barcelona was very lucky not to have lost the second game.
leemhuis
leemhuis
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Fri Mar 16, 2012 3:47 pm

Barca will win this. 100%
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri Mar 16, 2012 3:49 pm

Barca will win in the end. Milan surely cant relay the pitch at san siro down the middle lol
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack Daniels Fri Mar 16, 2012 3:54 pm

RealGunner wrote:Barca will win in the end. Milan surely cant relay the pitch at san siro down the middle lol
You never know man..

They may do it and suddenly play wingers lol
Jack Daniels
Jack Daniels
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Fri Mar 16, 2012 3:56 pm

leemhuis wrote:
rsinatra wrote:Barcelona will win it, They showed complete superiority against AC Milan in both games, to be honest. AC Milan were lucky to have only lost one of them.... too bad, I wish the Italians would make it at least to the semi-finals.. but you never know.

What? Barca outplayed Milan. Barcelona was gifted a penalty and Van Bommel scored an own goal and still it was only 2-3 in the second game. Barcelona was very lucky not to have lost the second game.

Uh, Being lucky not to lose is drawing. Winning isn't "lucky not to lose", this isn't basketball where you either win or lose, there is an option in between.

And BTW, own goals do count in fact they have won Man U countless trophies in the past so why do you pretend like it's some defect for Barcelona because they forced an own goal?

An own goal is not a bad call by a ref or something like that. 90% of the time they are forced from pressure from the other team, they are not "lucky", they are brought on by one team forcing the other into a mistake which is pretty much the reason behind all goals.

BTW, I'm not saying Milan played poorly or didn't challenge us or anything like that, I'm just pointing out that your logic is very flawed.
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Fri Mar 16, 2012 3:56 pm

RealGunner wrote:Barca will win in the end. Milan surely cant relay the pitch at san siro down the middle lol

They'll prolly do it to the whole pitch to stop Barca from playing..
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri Mar 16, 2012 3:57 pm

oh btw, If Arsenal had gone through. We would have faced Barcelona for the 3rd time in 3 consecutive seasons lol
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by harhar11 Fri Mar 16, 2012 3:59 pm

leemhuis wrote:

I think that he is saying that we outplayed you because we created more chances than you..

Bad referee decision is apart of the game swo you shouldn't look to much into it but if you really want to get into it then nocerino made a foul on pedro inside the penalty area in camp nou which the ref didnt give and at san siro fabregas was brought down in the penalty area which again was a penalty that the ref didn't give... So in the end it level itself out..

harhar11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by rsinatra Fri Mar 16, 2012 4:00 pm

leemhuis wrote:

Come on, whatever you say,Barcelona did outplay AC Milan. The Italians were lucky to get that draw in the last second, and that 3-2, penalty or no penalty, own goal or no own goal, doesn't even represent their superiority in the game, they ought to have win it by 4 or 5.

Either way, I would love to see AC Milan champions, I really would, but I just don't believe it :/
rsinatra
rsinatra
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sunderland

Back to top Go down

Post by Milan31 Fri Mar 16, 2012 4:07 pm

More possession = more superiority?
Milan31
Milan31
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Fri Mar 16, 2012 4:12 pm

RealGunner wrote:oh btw, If Arsenal had gone through. We would have faced Barcelona for the 3rd time in 3 consecutive seasons lol

It was planned lol, I think we left the CL with our heads high, dont think it would have been good for us to go and face Barce while competing for EPL top 4.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Fri Mar 16, 2012 4:13 pm

Barcelona will win handily.

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by leemhuis Fri Mar 16, 2012 4:35 pm

bump
leemhuis
leemhuis
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Fri Mar 16, 2012 4:40 pm

Milan has been extremely unlucky this year lol.Hope they can pull it off but i doubt it,Barca are clear favorites.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next