nh01
CBarca
fatman123
beatrixasdfghjk.
dostoevsky
16 posters

Page 4 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Official Talk About Whatever Thread - Page 4 Empty Re: The Official Talk About Whatever Thread

Post by beatrixasdfghjk. Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:06 am

I love the way they take bets on political outcomes now Razz.

beatrixasdfghjk.
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

The Official Talk About Whatever Thread - Page 4 Empty Re: The Official Talk About Whatever Thread

Post by CBarca Fri Feb 24, 2012 9:51 pm

fatman123 wrote:
CBarca wrote:Do you mean it wasn't really checked upon?

not checked upon? mate i was surprised the hotel rooms didnt have taps from which vodka flowed rahter then water, just about anywhere and anywhere in vegas you could buy alcohol
and pokies there are mental, as soon as you walk out of the gate at vegas airport, the first thing you see is pokies and at our hotel, to be able to walk to the main desk you had to walk through pokies, there was no way to get into the hotel let alone to your room without wlking through pokies
then again i was on the "the strip" so maybe its more intense there, having said that if gambling, drinking and strip clubs is your thing then as soon as you turn 21 i reccomend you get onto a plane to vegas, although i think its gonna be a while before i go there again

LOL

Well you are in Vegas. I can't think of a single place where it would be as free-flowing and lenient as Vegas. That is the whole attraction of the place.

That's pretty funny though, and ridiculous, I can't say I didn't really expect that sort of response, though, it's Vegas...
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Fri Feb 24, 2012 10:02 pm

Oh, I stapled it too close to the edge ):

The Official Talk About Whatever Thread - Page 4 Ffffuuuu-300x216

I hate when that happens.

Nice you guys are talking about writing, I love writing!

But you were not being serious with that title Beatrix, right? Certainly that was a joke.

I prefer to write in 1st person, in a sort of stream-of-conciousness fashion. It's the absolute best way to capture the main characters personality and really make the main character feel real. It has obvious drawbacks- the lack of being able to bounce between the personalities of other characters like in 3rd person can make it really hard to describe the other characters and make them feel real, especially without attention to detail. This isn't a problem for me, since most of the stories I write are in first person and mainly deal with the main character- since most of the stories I've written for school have been rather short- that is the best way to go about it, in my opinion.

For a longer story, 3rd person is the way to go, it's a lot simpler and easy, but I'm definitely not as good at 3rd person as I am first.

I also like to keep dialogue to a minimum...
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by beatrixasdfghjk. Sat Feb 25, 2012 10:11 am

Title was real Razz.

beatrixasdfghjk.
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Sat Feb 25, 2012 9:35 pm

beatrixasdfghjk. wrote:..
Title was real Razz.

Are you trying to win the longest title for a story award?

That's by far the longest title for just about anything I've ever seen Razz
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by beatrixasdfghjk. Sat Feb 25, 2012 11:05 pm

I was just trying to get a nice name, like Run Dry (X Heart X Fingers), so it started with Inhale/Exhale (A Lengthy Dissertation on the comp—) and then it got so long I felt like making it sound more important than the proper title Razz.

beatrixasdfghjk.
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Sun Feb 26, 2012 5:29 am

beatrixasdfghjk. wrote:I was just trying to get a nice name, like Run Dry (X Heart X Fingers), so it started with Inhale/Exhale (A Lengthy Dissertation on the comp—) and then it got so long I felt like making it sound more important than the proper title Razz.

Are you going to turn it in with that title?

If my student handed in a title like that I'd immediately be unimpressed to be honest, and no offense, of course.

A title is a title for a reason. It is short and succinct, straight to the point, and hopefully can summarize what the hell the whole thing is about in a few short words.

Which is why i always have trouble with them. Succinctness is my greatest weakness, every teacher I've ever had has told me that. I've worked on it, but I always end up rambling on too much anyway Very Happy
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by beatrixasdfghjk. Sun Feb 26, 2012 7:46 am

CBarca wrote:
beatrixasdfghjk. wrote:I was just trying to get a nice name, like Run Dry (X Heart X Fingers), so it started with Inhale/Exhale (A Lengthy Dissertation on the comp—) and then it got so long I felt like making it sound more important than the proper title Razz.

Are you going to turn it in with that title?

If my student handed in a title like that I'd immediately be unimpressed to be honest, and no offense, of course.

A title is a title for a reason. It is short and succinct, straight to the point, and hopefully can summarize what the hell the whole thing is about in a few short words.

Which is why i always have trouble with them. Succinctness is my greatest weakness, every teacher I've ever had has told me that. I've worked on it, but I always end up rambling on too much anyway Very Happy
Exactly why I put succinct into the title Razz. Too late, I've already given it in.

beatrixasdfghjk.
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by beatrixasdfghjk. Sun Feb 26, 2012 8:01 pm

NH01, WHERE ARE YOU?

beatrixasdfghjk.
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 Sun Feb 26, 2012 8:28 pm

beatrixasdfghjk. wrote:NH01, WHERE ARE YOU?
if you have a dig at him here ill be sure to let him know about it
also sorry to disapoint beatrix but i didnt drink much at all on saturday night so i was no state to give you a drunken post, maybe next time
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Mon Feb 27, 2012 5:20 am

beatrixasdfghjk. wrote:I love the way they take bets on political outcomes now Razz.

gillard was at 1.07 to beat rudd today
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

Back to top Go down

Post by beatrixasdfghjk. Mon Feb 27, 2012 6:00 am

Forza Rossoneri wrote:
beatrixasdfghjk. wrote:I love the way they take bets on political outcomes now Razz.

gillard was at 1.07 to beat rudd today
I wanted Rudd to win Sad.

Oh well, looks like a Liberal Australia now :facepalm:.

beatrixasdfghjk.
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaKizz Mon Feb 27, 2012 7:54 am

Yep it'll be crazy Tony now. Would have been nice if they changed because its obvious Labor won't win under Gillard. However, they were never going to completely turn on her anyway.
BarcaKizz
BarcaKizz
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by beatrixasdfghjk. Mon Feb 27, 2012 8:04 am

BarcaKizz wrote:Yep it'll be crazy Tony now. Would have been nice if they changed because its obvious Labor won't win under Gillard. However, they were never going to completely turn on her anyway.
I like the way Tony Abbott thinks he can cut taxes, increase expenditure, AND return us to a budget surplus at the same time :facepalm:.

beatrixasdfghjk.
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Mon Feb 27, 2012 8:46 am

Someone on My Kitchen Rules just put about 150 chillies into the blender for a dish. It's for 12 people. Laughing
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by beatrixasdfghjk. Mon Feb 27, 2012 9:03 am

dostoevsky wrote:Someone on My Kitchen Rules just put about 150 chillies into the blender for a dish. It's for 12 people. Laughing
Someone clarify for me, MKR is saying that their kitchen is really great, not the laws of their kitchen, right?
scratch.

beatrixasdfghjk.
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Mon Feb 27, 2012 9:07 am

Yes :coffee:
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by BiasedMilanFan3 Mon Feb 27, 2012 10:59 am

Who else f**king hates Tom on that show

With his f**ked up lower jaw

if you're reading this, F**k you Tom
BiasedMilanFan3
BiasedMilanFan3
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BiasedMilanFan3 Mon Feb 27, 2012 11:00 am

I'm very passionate about MKR
BiasedMilanFan3
BiasedMilanFan3
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by beatrixasdfghjk. Mon Feb 27, 2012 11:01 am

BiasedMilanFan3 wrote:Who else f**king hates Tom on that show

With his f**ked up lower jaw

if you're reading this, F**k you Tom
I'll get back to you when I watch more than two minutes of it :coffee:.

beatrixasdfghjk.
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Mon Feb 27, 2012 11:01 am

I don't watch it enough to know the names, but I would find it hard to feel sorry for the lawyer if he burnt his home down whilst screwing up a dish.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by beatrixasdfghjk. Mon Feb 27, 2012 11:45 am

Minesweeper Flags is the most anti-competitive game I've ever played Sad.

beatrixasdfghjk.
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 Tue Feb 28, 2012 11:09 am

NRL is back on thursday banana
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Wed Feb 29, 2012 9:53 am

Ha. Might actually leave here. Actually raping tests / sacs. Havn't got lower than 80% yet. Shocked

I'll stay for a bit longer I guess. How is everyone? Saudi Arabia beating Aus at the mo'. LOL
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by beatrixasdfghjk. Wed Feb 29, 2012 10:41 am

ynwa wrote:Ha. Might actually leave here. Actually raping tests / sacs. Havn't got lower than 80% yet. Shocked

I'll stay for a bit longer I guess. How is everyone? Saudi Arabia beating Aus at the mo'. LOL
Sacs?

beatrixasdfghjk.
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 Wed Feb 29, 2012 11:27 am

dat Kewell finish :bow:
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next