Red Alert
Art Morte
RedOranje
Le Samourai
Charrua
25 posters

Page 8 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

Forest Gump || Jordan Henderson - Page 8 Empty Re: Forest Gump || Jordan Henderson

Post by Curtinho Wed Jan 28, 2015 3:27 pm

Hendo looked tired but still put in some great shifts against Chelsea. Should have been off, but yeah he needs a rest I don't care how industrious he is.

I really wish he had scored that header though. Would have been legendary.

Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Forest Gump || Jordan Henderson - Page 8 Empty Re: Forest Gump || Jordan Henderson

Post by iftikhar Sat Feb 14, 2015 9:14 am

Was hoping he would be rested in this game. But with Gerrard injured and him being the vice-captain, don't really see that happening. May be if we have a 3-0 advantage against Besiktas, he will be spared for the away-leg.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Thu Mar 05, 2015 5:09 am

Proud
Forest Gump || Jordan Henderson - Page 8 1CCRxV5
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Thu Mar 05, 2015 6:11 am

Wtf is that gif x)
"Through a needle"?

I don't know where his precise long-range passing and through balls have come from, but damn, in what a player this guy has developed to. When Dalglish paid £20m for him I think most of us reaction was "well that's too much", but he is easily worth at least £30m now Proud
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Thu Mar 05, 2015 6:46 am

Yeah, the long range shooting and passing has sharpened up to an unbelievable top level.

He's always had ability at long range shooting and passing as testament to his wonderful long range goal against Norwich in early 2013 and glimpses of some good long range passing earlier in his career with us, but he's developed both even further.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Thu Mar 05, 2015 7:15 am

Thing is, this guy has another year to fully develop. If he makes most of that (playing as well as leadership attributes), we have a world-class in our ranks.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Thu Mar 05, 2015 9:40 am

Btw, the club needs to sort his contract issue out pretty damn quickly, he's only got a year left after this season.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by mr-r34 Thu Mar 05, 2015 11:18 pm

Your right Art, our Core need to be signed on deal past 2020.
mr-r34
mr-r34
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Fri Mar 06, 2015 12:04 am

Well at least Coutinho and Sturridge have been tied down till almost 2020.

Now Sterling and Hendo next.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Fri Mar 06, 2015 8:37 am

Art Morte wrote:Wtf is that gif x)
"Through a needle"?

I don't know where his precise long-range passing and through balls have come from, but damn, in what a player this guy has developed to. When Dalglish paid £20m for him I think most of us reaction was "well that's too much", but he is easily worth at least £30m now Proud

Jordan Henderson has been the subject of much debate since his £16m move from Sunderland to Liverpool

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2011/jul/27/liverpool-jordan-henderson-anfield
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Fri Mar 06, 2015 10:42 am

I cant believe that these deals are taking so long, smh

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Thu Mar 12, 2015 10:42 pm

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/jordan-hendersons-contract-stand-off-continues-5292155
Brendan Rodgers faces a major struggle to keep Jordan Henderson at Anfield.

The 24-year-old captain-elect wants to stay with Liverpool but Sunday Mirror Sport understands there is no sign of agreement on a new contract.

And with his current deal having little over a year to run, that has put a host of top clubs on alert.

Talks about a long-term agreement took place in November but turned sour when an £80k-a-week deal was rejected.

There has been not further talks planned and the player and club are at three-month impasse.

Liverpool operate a relatively strict salary system and the offer to Henderson was understood to be a rise of £15,000 a week.

But after Rodgers made it clear Henderson would be the leader of his new-look Liverpool, that offer was seen as below market value by the player’s camp.

A decade ago, Steven Gerrard was being paid £100,000 a week.

Henderson’s advisers could also point out that key midfielders in other elite teams earn way in excess of - often more than double - £80,000 a week.

MORE: Henderson could be one of Liverpool's great skippers, says the man hoping to ruin his Wembley dream

There is absolutely no suggestion Henderson is looking for a lucrative move. Quite the opposite.

We understand he is keen to commit to the club but this will be the most important contract of his career and as his current deal heads towards its final year, there is bound to be interest from big-name rivals.

Manchester City and Arsenal will both want to be kept informed of developments.

It gives Liverpool another contract headache.
They are keen to tie down Raheem Sterling but the striker’s agents want a deal that reflects his status as one of Europe’s best young players.

With the new £5billion TV deal kicking in the season after next, players and their advisers are likely to hold out for even bigger salaries but Liverpool cannot afford to pay the sort of money dished out by the two Manchester clubs and Chelsea.

But they are going to have to up the ante sharply and quickly if they want to avoid a serious fight for Henderson’s services.
I have no ides if his agent is trying hard to get a better deal OR it is just BS

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Thu Mar 12, 2015 11:54 pm

I love Hendo but he's worth nowhere near double 80k Laughing Hell Suarez was on 160k for us before he left to Barca. That's the most we paid any player.

I don't like reading about every contract situation hindering because of monetary issues. I understand it's part of football and player's agents will always want to hassle the club for every penny. Hopefully it gets resolved swiftly by the summer.

One thing I will say is that Henderson is not a player in world footballer that one would call irreplaceable. I love the guy and he's obviously an integral part of our team but the club isn't built around him like it was around Suarez last season.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Fri Mar 13, 2015 6:01 am

Obviously we have no player in the squad that is worth £160k per week. And I don't think Henderson would be demanding that sort of money. But £80k per week is probably too little. It's the Mirror so I don't know should I believe it or not... But we should offer him more than 80k.

Give him a hundred thousand per week and make him our new captain and it's sorted. If City or Chelsea want to offer him crazy money, then that sucks, but we shouldn't try to compete with them in wages.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Fri Mar 13, 2015 2:20 pm

Henderson is just as important to this team as Suarez was. He needs to be signed. People so often overlook just how important the midfield is and ignore the things that Henderson does that don't show up on the scoresheet.

Like Rodgers said...he knew the title was lost when Hendo got the red at City. We need to do everything in our power to sign him long term.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Fri Mar 13, 2015 3:53 pm

If by "do everything in our power" you mean we should offer him £160k per week (Suarez money), we should not do that.

£100k-£120k would be very good and should sort it out.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Fri Mar 13, 2015 3:58 pm

Art Morte wrote:If by "do everything in our power" you mean we should offer him £160k per week (Suarez money), we should not do that.

£120k...isn't this what Gerrard gets now. £80k-£100k with some yearly incentive/increment sounds fair.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Fri Mar 13, 2015 4:00 pm

Obviously I'm not saying throw all the money in the world at him. But if the sticking point is 20k and we let him go I'd be devastated. He is our midfield. He's also the engine and heart of the team at this point.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Fri Mar 13, 2015 8:59 pm

iftikhar wrote:
Art Morte wrote:If by "do everything in our power" you mean we should offer him £160k per week (Suarez money), we should not do that.

£120k...isn't this what Gerrard gets now. £80k-£100k with some yearly incentive/increment sounds fair.

Henderson is a better player than Gerrard now. Inflation and the increasing money involved in player fees and salaries considered, I think it would be fine to offer Henderson £120k per week.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Fri Mar 13, 2015 11:54 pm

agreed with Marty !!

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by mr-r34 Sat Mar 14, 2015 3:43 am

Same BS with Sterling, i'd rather tie up Hendo then sterling right now.

We need to spend all our money on developing young scousers, sick of this money shit.
mr-r34
mr-r34
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Sat Mar 14, 2015 7:14 am

Art Morte wrote:
iftikhar wrote:

Henderson is a better player than Gerrard now. Inflation and the increasing money involved in player fees and salaries considered, I think it would be fine to offer Henderson £120k per week.
Agreed.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Sat Mar 14, 2015 12:52 pm

mr-r34 wrote:Same BS with Sterling, i'd rather tie up Hendo then sterling right now.

We need to spend all our money on developing young scousers, sick of this money shit.

I dont think it will play such a huge role, when it comes to money.

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sun Mar 15, 2015 2:17 am

80k seems about right for Hendo though...
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sun Mar 15, 2015 6:38 am

Red Alert wrote:80k seems about right for Hendo though...

No it doesn't, considering the circumstances. We would struggle big time trying to replace him and at least City would be willing to offer him more than that. He would be exactly what they need. His next contract is probably going to be the most important one in his career, since he is entering his peak years now, and I totally understand he's looking to get a bit more than 80k.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Sun Mar 15, 2015 7:00 am

Art Morte wrote:
Red Alert wrote:80k seems about right for Hendo though...

No it doesn't, considering the circumstances. We would struggle big time trying to replace him and at least City would be willing to offer him more than that. He would be exactly what they need. His next contract is probably going to be the most important one in his career, since he is entering his peak years now, and I totally understand he's looking to get a bit more than 80k.
Another thing to consider is, if the wage is net or gross amount. EPL/UK has quite high tax rates and 80K as gross amount isn't lucrative at all for Henderson.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next