Red Alert
Art Morte
RedOranje
Le Samourai
Charrua
25 posters

Page 11 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11

Go down

Forest Gump || Jordan Henderson - Page 11 Empty Re: Forest Gump || Jordan Henderson

Post by Red Alert Mon Aug 22, 2016 8:49 am

Dump him from captaincy. Not sure if it's the pressure of being captain or his injured foot but something's affecting his game and we need a leader on the pitch. He is not that. We're turning into Arsenal. I don't like it.

Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Forest Gump || Jordan Henderson - Page 11 Empty Re: Forest Gump || Jordan Henderson

Post by Helmer Mon Aug 22, 2016 9:47 am

I think all our defensive problems arise from our midfield. In last 4-5 seasons, we never had a midfield combination that can controll games at their will so that the defense can have a bit of breather in games when needed. I think all this pressing our players do is useless in games like Burnley. Henderson was so slow to get the ball out of our defense. Right now, the players we have right now at club also dont give me much hope that we will have that midfield dynamism to controll games when needed.

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Sun Sep 18, 2016 9:29 pm

What a performance from the captain. His tracking back, his quick passes, his penetrative passes and ability to switch the play. Of course, the wondergoal as well...but my goodness he was immense against Chelsea.

Molenation
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Sun Sep 18, 2016 10:09 pm

I will take that performance with a pinch of salt. Look Henderson has improved 10 folds in that position. But I watched the game and our MF performance also, it was clear that Chelsea were not pressing him at all. I think his real test will be if he can pick out neat and cool passes when he is put under pressure by the opposition OR when midfield sits deep and he is supposed to do more than just receive the ball from left flank and give it to the right flank.

I think his energy, crosses and intelligent runs will be more useful when he plays in that B2B role imo. But obviously the question arises whom to drop in the current midfield and let us see what Klopp does about it.

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sun Sep 18, 2016 11:03 pm

Heil is right. For me he still should not be playing DM. And hopefully whatever is going on with Emre Can is fixed so he can go back to starting in that position.

Even with his amazing display at Chelsea he was still the main fault for the goal. Something any decent DM would have covered.

Hendo's best is the Gini position as we've come to find out in his best years with us (13-15). And I wouldn't mind him fighting it our with Wijnaldum in that position.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Mon Sep 19, 2016 12:58 am

There's no making you clowns happy. That was a virtuoso performance and he largely avoided pressure by being in great positions all game and offering himself as an outlet to escape pressure for his teammates. Look at his passes and movements aside from the goal against (which was a multi part breakdown but also just a fantastic move by Matic) and he was fantastic.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Fri Sep 23, 2016 4:03 pm

http://www.thisisanfield.com/2016/09/stats-jordan-henderson-shining-new-midfield-role-jurgen-klopp/

Forest Gump || Jordan Henderson - Page 11 Infographic-Jordan-Henderson-600x376

**** the haters. My man Hendo. Molenation
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sat Sep 24, 2016 8:12 am

Wonderful performance against Chelsea.

Looks like he's growing into the role apportioned to him for this season.
Of course, with him having some kind of painful chronic foot injury IIRC, it might as well be that he's having a phase of being fitter and more comfortable again.

If he continues like that, I owe him an apology. Let's hope he does.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Tue Nov 29, 2016 9:45 am

Jordan Henderson this season:

Games - 13
Passes - 1097 (735 forward)
Chances created - 22
Tackles won - 38
Goals - 1
Assists - 3

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Tue Nov 29, 2016 11:36 am

He's been quietly doing a good job. When he's surrounded by those more technical players, he does the jack-of-all-trades CM role quite well.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Tue Nov 29, 2016 11:59 am

as in individual player, he seems as a limited player. But you surround him with players with complementary abilities and Henderdon is not so far from WC.

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Tue Dec 20, 2016 9:53 pm

Has to be said, Alpha Hendo is having a remarkable season so far. Not enough recognition for this man. Only player in the PL with over 1,000 passes and he has over 1,300.

Forest Gump || Jordan Henderson - Page 11 Alphahendo

Molenation Oh captain, my captain.

Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Duronto-Roddur Mon Jan 20, 2020 4:36 pm

Please accept my sincere and humble apologies for ever doubting you Captain. You along with that Dutch Beauty Georginio Wijnaldum are the reincarnation of Lucas Leiva. You don't have any frills, cause you don't need any. While we moron fans kept doubting, abusing, jeering you; you just kept going. Carrying us on the back, the whole time.

Salut Captain, blessed is the hour you blessed our color.

Duronto-Roddur
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Mon Jul 24, 2023 10:43 am

Well, I think he's made a big mistake moving to Saudi Arabia. He might not get a place in next summer's England squad, because since the Saudi league isn't very prestigious or anyway near the quality of the Prem, he might not being in the best of shape to be a part of the England squad. There are so many English midfielders in great form towards the end of last season that Southgate might want to pick one of them instead. Because even if Henderson does amaizing in Saudi Arabia, it won't matter too much since that league doesn't have anywhere near the same prestige as the Premiership, La Liga, Ligue 1, Bundesliga, Seria 1, or almost any of the top 10 European leagues.

And he was still good enough to start in the Liverpool squad, so he could have played for them for a couple more years, potentially eon another trophy, then retired at Liverpool and had a great ending to the club he's been so successful at.

Of course, he absoloutely has every right to play wherever he wants to play, but it just feels like a poor ending to a great and successful career.
Ben
Ben
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11