Catracho
red&blacklegion
Rebaño Sagrado
The Madrid One
8 posters

Go down

Question For Any Mexicans in here Empty Question For Any Mexicans in here

Post by The Madrid One Thu Mar 01, 2012 1:57 am

how highly do you rate ur squad, ur coach, and how ur coach is handling the team?

The mexican national football team that is..
The Madrid One
The Madrid One
"Imaybeonthesideoftheangels..."

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Question For Any Mexicans in here Empty Re: Question For Any Mexicans in here

Post by Rebaño Sagrado Thu Mar 01, 2012 3:22 am

I think a 6 or a 7 is about right for our squad and coach. Chepo is doing the best he can with our players.

We were crap tonight. Columbia pressured us throughout the whole game and we did not know how to handle it. And again in attack we did the same thing we do every game which includes random crosses from Barrera and Guardado to Chicha. Gio invisible as always when he is most needed. Our CB's were decent, and our fullbacks were shit.

Columbia were decent. They had few chances, but they knew how to finish them. Cuadrado is a beast and was MOTM for me. Good start for them and Pekerman.
Rebaño Sagrado
Rebaño Sagrado
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich

Back to top Go down

Post by red&blacklegion Thu Mar 01, 2012 3:35 am

now the second question: do u like Burrito or Taco? lol im just kidding.
red&blacklegion
red&blacklegion
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Catracho Thu Mar 01, 2012 3:56 am

red&blacklegion wrote:now the second question: do u like Burrito or Taco? lol im just kidding.

Sopa de Hormiga lijero Laughing Laughing Laughing

Mexico's weakness always seemed to be handling teams who pressure them from the back.. they don't seem to know what to do when a team keeps them constricted from the wings and bottles up their "contencion"
Catracho
Catracho
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Dortmund

Back to top Go down

Post by chinomaster182 Thu Mar 01, 2012 5:05 am

The Madrid One wrote:how highly do you rate ur squad, ur coach, and how ur coach is handling the team?

Our squad is the best we've had seen... Pretty much ever, you could make a case of it being the best Mexican team of all times.

We have 10 players in Europe, the highest ever, some are doing better than others but most are very talented. I'd say Giovani Dos Santos is the most skilled Mexican player ever to don our green jersey, surpassing the mythical Cuauhtemoc Blanco imo.

Our first U-17 WC winning squad is reaching maturity and a very high number of that "golden" squad made it unto first team play and even Europe. Last summer we won the U-17 WC tornament again! Third in the U-20 WC and Panamerican gold. We exported more talents to Europe and some even to big teams like Chelsea. On youngster development we're certainly living in a golden age.

Our coach and his team on the other hand... When we choose our new coach the FA did imo the incredible mistake just limiting their selves to Mexican coaches. This is even worse than the England FA appointing Redknapp, at least someone like him has experience in super high level football and even a minimum clue on modern tactics. Chepo de la torre is a good disciplinarian who has achieved local results... But he has absolutely 0 international experience and lacks so many European knowledge on topics that are second knowledge over there. He knows ZERO about terms like tactical flexibility (4-5-1 ALWAYS), inverted wingers (ALWAYS HOOF THE BALL), first touch, modern central midfielders, fluidity, width vs narrowness, squad rotation, pace, exploiting space, NOT REVEALING YOUR FREAKING LINE UP. We're setting ourselves up for absolute failure once we meet a modern opponent (which will happen on the confederations cup). If say someone like Joachim Low counters his rigid cagey 4-5-1, he won't have a clue on how to respond. Our US rivals appointed a modern coach like Klinsmann and its damn showing, i hope we don't fall to much behind really.

red&blacklegion wrote:now the second question: do u like Burrito or Taco? lol im just kidding.

Tacos because no one does good burritos really (they're just too simple). However both traditional foods are getting their asses severely kicked by McDonalds, Dominos pizza, Carls Jrs, and all those American stuff. Both my generation and our parents enjoy a meal at random American chain than the modern day Mexican fast food chains (not always but i'd say 3/4 times at least).
chinomaster182
chinomaster182
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Catracho Thu Mar 01, 2012 5:15 am

chinomaster182 wrote:
The Madrid One wrote:how highly do you rate ur squad, ur coach, and how ur coach is handling the team?

Our squad is the best we've had seen... Pretty much ever, you could make a case of it being the best Mexican team of all times.

We have 10 players in Europe, the highest ever, some are doing better than others but most are very talented. I'd say Giovani Dos Santos is the most skilled Mexican player ever to don our green jersey, surpassing the mythical Cuauhtemoc Blanco imo.

Tacos because no one does good burritos really (they're just too simple). However both traditional foods are getting their asses severely kicked by McDonalds, Dominos pizza, Carls Jrs, and all those American stuff. Both my generation and our parents enjoy a meal at random American chain than the modern day Mexican fast food chains (not always but i'd say 3/4 times at least).

You sound more like a Californian than a Mexican...

Laughing Laughing Laughing I guess Hugo Sanchez never donned the green jersey before.
Catracho
Catracho
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Dortmund

Back to top Go down

Post by chinomaster182 Thu Mar 01, 2012 5:38 am

Catracho wrote:
chinomaster182 wrote:

You sound more like a Californian than a Mexican...

Laughing Laughing Laughing I guess Hugo Sanchez never donned the green jersey before.

Hugol was crap with it though, more a victim of the circumstances but he never impressed on the national team.

But thats also why i limited myself and used "skilled" instead of "best". Giovanis ball control is second to none in Mexico, its a bit like cheating since he's more Brazilian than Mexican Laughing.

Hugo was always a one touch one goal kind of guy, not demeriting his legend at all.
chinomaster182
chinomaster182
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Internal Thu Mar 01, 2012 6:38 am

Rebaño Sagrado wrote:I think a 6 or a 7 is about right for our squad and coach. Chepo is doing the best he can with our players.

We were crap tonight. Columbia pressured us throughout the whole game and we did not know how to handle it. And again in attack we did the same thing we do every game which includes random crosses from Barrera and Guardado to Chicha. Gio invisible as always when he is most needed. Our CB's were decent, and our fullbacks were shit.

Columbia were decent. They had few chances, but they knew how to finish them. Cuadrado is a beast and was MOTM for me. Good start for them and Pekerman.

cuadrado is fantastic, i would take him at inter in a heart beat. the same with james rodriguez
Internal
Internal
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by barca 2011 Thu Mar 01, 2012 4:11 pm

Internal wrote:
Rebaño Sagrado wrote:I think a 6 or a 7 is about right for our squad and coach. Chepo is doing the best he can with our players.

cuadrado is fantastic, i would take him at inter in a heart beat. the same with james rodriguez
Yes, I've been hyping James up for quite a while now and its great to finally see him on the senior NT. Colombia's future. And last nights match didn't include Inter's own Guarin who is injured I think. He is probably our best midfielder so it was very positive to Colombia play well without him. How long is he out anyways?
barca 2011
barca 2011
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Awesome Thu Mar 01, 2012 6:42 pm

Gio more talented than Blanco? Please. Marquez is more talanted than him.

Anyway, yeah the Fullbacks were the problem IMO. Couldn't cope with Cuadrado and Rodriquez. Juarez should have been on from the start.

At the front, it's becoming more and more obvious Gio is an SS and not so much an AM. If he could mimic the Jonas role in Valencia he'll do fine. Barrera needs to be replaced IMO. Fast and can Cross be not too smart on the ball. Zavala and Jonathan is a no-no. Other than that Mexico performed decently. Not too troubled.

Colombia had the better squad in the end.
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down