Ganso
BiasedMilanFan3
M99
14 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Goalkeeper - Page 2 Empty Re: Goalkeeper

Post by Ganso Sun Feb 26, 2012 7:34 pm

Amelia is 29 though.....I think that getting a cheap young GK (a deal similar to Urby,Nocerino or Mesbah) would be a smart thing to do and see how he does.

honestly though,Abiatti has been really solid,i think he can play for another good 2-4 years

Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Sun Feb 26, 2012 7:39 pm

Ganso wrote:Amelia is 29 though.....I think that getting a cheap young GK (a deal similar to Urby,Nocerino or Mesbah) would be a smart thing to do and see how he does.

honestly though,Abiatti has been really solid,i think he can play for another good 2-4 years

that's what i ve been thinking. Abbiati is really better than ever and we can rely on him to be solid on big nights. As for a cheap buy , well , that's always a risk. Can't really say anything unless someone arrives , though again, age is not a prob with goalies.

They get better as time goes by , well , good ones at least
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Milantildeath Sun Feb 26, 2012 9:55 pm

I hear talk that it will be Antonio Donnarumma who will take the reigns eventually for us. He is our youth product and can really play anywhere in Serie A. I don't know if any of you have seen him play, but I'd for sure take him over Amelia at this point.
Milantildeath
Milantildeath
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by red&blacklegion Mon Feb 27, 2012 12:04 am

We know for sure Milan wont pay big money for a goalie .The only worry I have for Abbiati is his injuries.Amelia is an average goalie,he sometimes looks good but concedes cheap goals and pisses u off.
red&blacklegion
red&blacklegion
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Mon Feb 27, 2012 10:56 pm

Why such disbelief in Amelia ? Pretty much the whole section is somewhat against him and think he isn't good for Milan.

I feel Amelia is seriously under rated in our section, which if true , would be so wrong.
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by I Have Mono Mon Feb 27, 2012 11:08 pm

Dante13 wrote:Why such disbelief in Amelia ? Pretty much the whole section is somewhat against him and think he isn't good for Milan.

I feel Amelia is seriously under rated in our section, which if true , would be so wrong.

If the whole section agrees that he's bad like you say than it might just possibly be a case of you overrating Amelia's ability as a goalie.

I Have Mono
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Tue Feb 28, 2012 12:22 am

I Have Mono wrote:
Dante13 wrote:Why such disbelief in Amelia ? Pretty much the whole section is somewhat against him and think he isn't good for Milan.

If the whole section agrees that he's bad like you say than it might just possibly be a case of you overrating Amelia's ability as a goalie.

Indeed , it could be like that. Or , you should think twice next time

This is just for the record :

if someone cared to explain WHY Amelia is bad for us,
for example give some reasons, then i wouldn't have questioned the whole section in the first place.

In any case , you just assumed i over rate Amelia. Just because i said he might be under rated here , doesn't automaticaly imply that i over rate him.!

Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by I Have Mono Tue Feb 28, 2012 3:08 am

Dante13 wrote:
I Have Mono wrote:

for example give some reasons, then i wouldn't have questioned the whole section in the first place.

In any case , you just assumed i over rate Amelia. Just because i said he might be under rated here , doesn't automaticaly imply that i over rate him.!

Well the general consensus is that Amelia is bad and inconsistent so no one really feels the need to state why he is that way because everyone already agrees with it. If anything you're going against the general consensus and should be trying to convince others why their belief may be wrong.
*insert amelia stats*
"insert you telling/proving how Amelia is better than what everyone believes."

You're right I falsely assumed you over rated him. Maybe you rate him correctly but you didn't make it clear how good of a goalkeeper you feel he is.

I Have Mono
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Tue Feb 28, 2012 5:09 am

Amelia is a good back-up keeper. Not good enough to be 1st choice though.
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Tue Feb 28, 2012 3:39 pm

I Have Mono wrote:
Dante13 wrote:
I Have Mono wrote:

Well the general consensus is that Amelia is bad and inconsistent so no one really feels the need to state why he is that way because everyone already agrees with it. If anything you're going against the general consensus and should be trying to convince others why their belief may be wrong.
*insert amelia stats*
"insert you telling/proving how Amelia is better than what everyone believes."

You're right I falsely assumed you over rated him. Maybe you rate him correctly but you didn't make it clear how good of a goalkeeper you feel he is.

i didn't jump at it in the first place , because i wanted to be sure of what most people think about him. Just by saying he's not good enough , or he's 29... those things mean nothing really.

Perhaps i'll make a thread about Amelia , because i can't possibly explain what i think in a post or two.It requires more opinions.
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Tue Feb 28, 2012 10:13 pm

I'm content with both at the moment.

Abbiati for all his slow weighed reflex provides pre meditative positioning of the shots and provides superb command of his box, instilling confidence within his defensive line.

Amelia on the other hand only has a problem with nerves yet we all see once he is calm on how his world class reflexes can save us. He is good as our backup at the moment.

I say we don't spend on overrated schlubs like Lloris etc and focus much time and attention to one youth product through out world class milanello training and facility until then
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Cotes Tue Feb 28, 2012 10:56 pm

Won't make any difference what keeper Milan sign
None of them can do this Very Happy

But Marc-Andre ter Stegen from Mönchengladbach is a good Keeper for Milan to take a look at!
Cotes
Cotes
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Wed Feb 29, 2012 4:09 am

Cotes wrote:Won't make any difference what keeper Milan sign
None of them can do this Very Happy

But Marc-Andre ter Stegen from Mönchengladbach is a good Keeper for Milan to take a look at!

There won't be another superman for a while. Best 'keeper in the world IMO.

Ter-Stegen would be nice, but his lack of experience worries me. It's only his breakout season, should he be pushed into a big club like Milan so soon?
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BiasedMilanFan3 Wed Feb 29, 2012 4:49 am

Yep
BiasedMilanFan3
BiasedMilanFan3
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Wed Feb 29, 2012 6:06 am

BiasedMilanFan3 wrote:Yep

Ok, I'm convinced now.
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Thu Mar 01, 2012 7:56 am

Ter Stegen is too young, this is just his breakout season. His real test will be next season in the CL with BMG, where he might face the likes of Real, Barca, or even us.

The Basel keeper Sommer interests me. Galliani will be my hero if he manages to get Sommer and Xhaka in a double swoop from Basel.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Thu Mar 01, 2012 10:25 am

Dragan Dovahkiin wrote:Ter Stegen is too young, this is just his breakout season. His real test will be next season in the CL with BMG, where he might face the likes of Real, Barca, or even us.

The Basel keeper Sommer interests me. Galliani will be my hero if he manages to get Sommer and Xhaka in a double swoop from Basel.

Move over Udinese, Milan is the new Swiss team in Serie A.

Edit: Actually after they sold Inler, Abdi has been the only Swiss player in the squad.
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2