Cotes
17 posters

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

Juventus vs Catania - Page 5 Empty Re: Juventus vs Catania

Post by Lynx100 Sun Feb 19, 2012 12:09 am

DeviAngel wrote:Quagli + vuci is good

but Boriello + Quagli > Vuci + Matri

dunno why Borriello fills so much the void the thing that matri is not doign atm

Vucinic + Quag > Boriello + Qug

Basically it seems like Quag + anyone > anyone + anyone else!!

Lynx100
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Juveman17 Sun Feb 19, 2012 12:23 am

Quag and Pirlo :bow: :bow: :bow:

Motta :matrix:

nd I realllyy hope del piero gets playing time against milan hes so skillful that he could be a game changer in the last 20 min or so
Juveman17
Juveman17
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

https://www.youtube.com/user/juveman176

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Sun Feb 19, 2012 2:25 am

juveman17 wrote:Quag and Pirlo :bow: :bow: :bow:

Motta :matrix:

nd I realllyy hope del piero gets playing time against milan hes so skillful that he could be a game changer in the last 20 min or so

I think Conte doesn't play ADP because he wants fast attack and transformation if u notice ADP slows us down everytime he gets the ball but I want him to play to Sad
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynx100 Sun Feb 19, 2012 2:32 am

DeviAngel wrote:
I think Conte doesn't play ADP because he wants fast attack and transformation if u notice ADP slows us down everytime he gets the ball but I want him to play to Sad

I think thats spot on actually
I dont think ADPs lack of playing time is because of talent
Its because he was never the quickest player, and naturally, hes slowed down even more...
Saying that, Pirlo is a prime example that you don thave to be quick to be a game changer..
ADP still has a lot to give
Lynx100
Lynx100
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by C.Marchisio #8 Sun Feb 19, 2012 4:10 am

Nobody can deny that Boriello is improving and that he wants to score and wants more playing time.He just need to stop diving so much
C.Marchisio #8
C.Marchisio #8
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by salmano9 Sun Feb 19, 2012 7:36 am

Lovely game PERIOD!!!!!
salmano9
salmano9
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Malaga CF

Back to top Go down

Post by Juveman17 Sun Feb 19, 2012 1:54 pm

Yea thats true it just naturally happens that ADP is gonna get slower as he ages, but in the early stages in the Coppa against Milan he was very skilful and was fighthing like a warrior but if he could do tht in the last 20 min when other players are tiring i think it will be very important.
Juveman17
Juveman17
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

https://www.youtube.com/user/juveman176

Back to top Go down

Post by Ion Creanga Sun Feb 19, 2012 2:09 pm

Del Piero was skillful, he is skillful and he will always be.. But it's hard to play at a high level game (such as Milan game) even with his amazing ball control, the rhytm it's crazy... In other leagues of europe (except a couple) he can easily play even when he'll make 45.. In the last 20 minutes we'd better play with Vucinic from bench, who has very good speed
Ion Creanga
Ion Creanga
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by The_ItalianFool Sun Feb 19, 2012 9:32 pm

Lynx100 wrote:All i can say is -

Thank god Padoin and Boriello were taken off.

And as I said - Boriello wouldnt score.

Sorry but theyre not Juve material.

Looking at the bigger picture - I KNEW padoin would kick Marrone off from a bench spot - thats why I was SOOO against him coming.

Marrone > Padoin anyday for CM.

What a disappointment... a serious disappointment

Atleast we got a good result.

THIS MAY BE THE FIRST TIME MARCO MOTTA WON US A GAME!!!!!

Padoin was not bought to be a starter, how was he a disappointment? Or just that Marrone has been pushed down in the pecking order?

Either way, especially using the 3-5-2, Padoin was a much needed reinforcement. Without him, Marrone would have been the only backup we have....
The_ItalianFool
The_ItalianFool
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynx100 Mon Feb 20, 2012 7:50 am

If hes not bought to be a starter then its all the more reason Im disappointed

Marrone is not a regular starter at this stage either. So if Padoin is here as a sub option, then Marrone gets pushed down the order even more and doesnt even feature on the bench, let alone in the game

Very dissappointed that Marrone is getting bumped because of Padoin. If he gets bumped because of a quality CM who will rotate on equal skill level as M-V-P then thats one thing but for an DISTINCTLY AVERAGE player (padoin) to bump a really talented promising youngster is just sad to see

Its the downfall of Italian football in general.

Its stupid to see us signing great youth when the most first-team ready young player we have gets sidelined because of an average seria A experience player

Lynx100
Lynx100
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by dronte Mon Feb 20, 2012 9:38 am

Lynx100 wrote:If hes not bought to be a starter then its all the more reason Im disappointed

Marrone is not a regular starter at this stage either. So if Padoin is here as a sub option, then Marrone gets pushed down the order even more and doesnt even feature on the bench, let alone in the game

Very dissappointed that Marrone is getting bumped because of Padoin. If he gets bumped because of a quality CM who will rotate on equal skill level as M-V-P then thats one thing but for an DISTINCTLY AVERAGE player (padoin) to bump a really talented promising youngster is just sad to see

Its the downfall of Italian football in general.

Its stupid to see us signing great youth when the most first-team ready young player we have gets sidelined because of an average seria A experience player

Seriously, MARRONE IS INJURED. Stop being so negative. We needed depth in midfield after Pazienza was sold.

dronte
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynx100 Tue Feb 21, 2012 8:37 am

I know mate.
I wasnt talking abotu this specific game
Marrone has been with the first team all season
Padoin rocks up mid season and starts playing straight away, even when Marrone wasnt injured

You watch, Padoin will get more game time than Marrone

It makes me sick

Lynx100
Lynx100
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The_ItalianFool Tue Feb 21, 2012 3:25 pm

Lynx100 wrote:I know mate.
Padoin rocks up mid season and starts playing straight away, even when Marrone wasnt injured

It makes me sick

:facepalm:

It makes you sick to think that we bought a player for depth?

Marrone is 21! He still has plenty of time to break into the first team, I dont think anyone (besides you apparently) thought this would be his break thru season
The_ItalianFool
The_ItalianFool
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Juventude Tue Feb 21, 2012 4:21 pm

The_ItalianFool wrote:

It makes me sick

Marrone is 21! He still has plenty of time to break into the first team, I dont think anyone (besides you apparently) thought this would be his break thru season

I agree. Juve is in the middle of a title race, they can't just play Marrone for developmental purposes. Even a phenomenal talent like Marchisio didn't break through with Juve until he was 21 and that was during the Serie B season when our squad lost a lot of great players.

Padoin isn't a great player, but he is a more experienced and safer option than Marrone at the moment and we need that consistency to compete for a title and qualify for UCL.

Marrone is still young and getting to train with the first team. He's a good depth option in cases of emergencies, but he is not the solution during tight games.
Juventude
Juventude
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Tue Feb 21, 2012 6:23 pm

Juventude wrote:
The_ItalianFool wrote:

It makes me sick

I agree. Juve is in the middle of a title race, they can't just play Marrone for developmental purposes. Even a phenomenal talent like Marchisio didn't break through with Juve until he was 21 and that was during the Serie B season when our squad lost a lot of great players.

Padoin isn't a great player, but he is a more experienced and safer option than Marrone at the moment and we need that consistency to compete for a title and qualify for UCL.

Marrone is still young and getting to train with the first team. He's a good depth option in cases of emergencies, but he is not the solution during tight games.

+999999 and on another thread about gio +999 same opinion Very Happy
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynx100 Wed Feb 22, 2012 6:43 am

The_ItalianFool wrote:

It makes me sick

No it makes me sick that the youth talent in italy is not being given a fair go

Hes ONLY 21? :facepalm:

Look at the premier league, la liga, eredevisie, bundesliga...... ALL of them give talented youngsters a fair shot over yet time and time again, Serie A fails to realise its mistake.

Ramsey, Wilshire, cleverly, jones, rafa, wellbeck, smalling, chicarito, bale, sturridge, romeu, balotelli, goetze, oezil, neymar, shaqiri, Kroos, Thiago, Hazard.... and a LOT more youngsters.......ALL these people are around Marrone's age.

Dont tell me hes ONLY 21 and as such needs time to develop. All those above are the best youth talents in their team, just as Marrone is, but see more playing time. Even in clubs that are having worse seasons than Juve. If you want to become the top league in the world, you need to start trusting your top talent. ESPECIALLY if you think they are better than the 'older more experienced alternatives' (e.g Romeu vs Obi/Essien/Ramires/Meriles or Wellbeck > Berbatov/Owen, Balotelli >Dzeko etc etc)

And before you all get up on your high horses - Im all for purchases for depth but ATLEAST buy worthy players - Youngsters if you want talent, Older players if you want experience (eg. Pizzarro).

But dont buy players who are just PLAIN AVERAGE! and then spend 5 Mill on them, and then sign then for FIVE years!

Padoin has achieved NOTHING in his 27 years, he is DISTCINTLY average and will not achieve anything notable with Juve only to be sold for less money after spending next season on the bench (hopefully)

Padoin :facepalm:
And people thinking Padoin move is good? :facepalm: :facepalm:
We need HALF DECENT QUALITY for depth.

Caceras?? now THAT was an excellent purchase - and he was only 10m. Pazienza and Pirlo were FREE. Vidal was 10m. Barzagli was 0.5m.
Now all of those were good business on good players.
Padoin for 5m?? :brickwall:

Marrone doesnt need FURTHER development to play 1st team. AND he wont get FURTHER development if he DOESNT play 1st team. Who said its his breakthrough season anyway? Just because you get time of the bench doesnt make it a breakthrough season...

Youth talent yet again being wasted...and left too late to nurture!
Lynx100
Lynx100
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The_ItalianFool Wed Feb 22, 2012 7:29 am

So youre mad at the whole of Serie A?

I understand that... but you should have accepted that by now, its always been this way. Youth players get promoted later, which is also why Italian players generally peak later (thus have a longer career at the top) than in other leagues.

I hope Padoin proves you wrong. Why do you think he is so bad? cause youve never heard of him?
The_ItalianFool
The_ItalianFool
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynx100 Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:01 am

Yup. Been mad at Serie A about the youth thing for over 2 decades! My anger gets worse every year when it happens over and over and over again! AND my rage triples when seeing how my beloved Juve are just as bad as the rest. And possibly slightly worse now!

Look at Roma - Borini, Pjanic, Bojan... Youngsters getting a good run out. A nice mix of youth and experience... Enrique (love him or hate him) has brough the spanish mentality to Roma... Hope Roma persist with him, because his ideas are so badly needed here and can serve as an example for the rest of the league + I think after a season or so of settling down in a very different football environment, he will do really well. I can see Roma being a top 4 team next year.

Do serie A players have longer careers than other leagues? I dont know the answer to that... it would be an interesting one to look at though

And my dislike of Padoin is not because hes a BAD player. Not at all. Hes an AVERAGE player, not BAD.

Every purchase we make should IMPROVE the club in some way. Look at Barzagli, Pirlo, Vidal, Quag, Matri.... all improvements on what we had.

Boriello and Padoin - Not an improvement

and i REALLY REALLY do hope Padoin prove me wrong. I sincerely do. I dont see it happening though. If it does, Ill be the first to create a 'I was wrong about Padoin' appreciation thread - you can hold me to that Thumbs up
Lynx100
Lynx100
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The_ItalianFool Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:53 am

Lynx100 wrote:Yup. Been mad at Serie A about the youth thing for over 2 decades! My anger gets worse every year when it happens over and over and over again! AND my rage triples when seeing how my beloved Juve are just as bad as the rest. And possibly slightly worse now!

Look at Roma - Borini, Pjanic, Bojan... Youngsters getting a good run out. A nice mix of youth and experience... Enrique (love him or hate him) has brough the spanish mentality to Roma... Hope Roma persist with him, because his ideas are so badly needed here and can serve as an example for the rest of the league + I think after a season or so of settling down in a very different football environment, he will do really well. I can see Roma being a top 4 team next year.

Do serie A players have longer careers than other leagues? I dont know the answer to that... it would be an interesting one to look at though

And my dislike of Padoin is not because hes a BAD player. Not at all. Hes an AVERAGE player, not BAD.

Every purchase we make should IMPROVE the club in some way. Look at Barzagli, Pirlo, Vidal, Quag, Matri.... all improvements on what we had.

Boriello and Padoin - Not an improvement

and i REALLY REALLY do hope Padoin prove me wrong. I sincerely do. I dont see it happening though. If it does, Ill be the first to create a 'I was wrong about Padoin' appreciation thread - you can hold me to that Thumbs up

I dont think youre considering the reconstruction phase that we are going through enough... Although I do agree that Juventus, and most other Serie A teams, need to improve their youth academy system, but now is not the time for us. There is a reason that we are in first and not Roma.

You say average players won't help us; Matri, Pepe, and Giac were all considered average players before Juventus, and are still considered average by most. Look at the contribution they have made before you go say

You can see Roma being a top 4 team next season? I see Juventus being a top 2 team next year--- thanks to our spending.

and I will hold you to that Very Happy
The_ItalianFool
The_ItalianFool
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:39 am

damn I am so drunk Neutral
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynx100 Thu Feb 23, 2012 5:53 am

The_ItalianFool wrote:
I dont think youre considering the reconstruction phase that we are going through enough... Although I do agree that Juventus, and most other Serie A teams, need to improve their youth academy system, but now is not the time for us. There is a reason that we are in first and not Roma.

You say average players won't help us; Matri, Pepe, and Giac were all considered average players before Juventus, and are still considered average by most. Look at the contribution they have made before you go say

And as for the average players - sure theyve helped us but we are not longer an average team after the 1st half ot he season.

You can see Roma being a top 4 team next season? I see Juventus being a top 2 team next year--- thanks to our spending.

and I will hold you to that Very Happy

Sure we WERE in a reconstruction phase. We were well and truly competitive )(and in 1st place) with the team we had up until we bought Padoin. It was no longer a period of 'reconstructing'. Now, given that team, was Padoin REALLY the step up in quality that we needed??

Sure you can say that he was not brought for quality but for versatility. I can accept that, but hes not better than Pepe or Giaccherini who are both also AVERAGE players. in a 3-5-2 formation, we would have had Lich/Caceras/Pepe on the right and a De Ceglie/Esti/Giaccherini on the left. We had enough cover for the Wing back positions. What we didnt have was proper CM's with Pazienza being given away. Now if youre signing Padoin for a CM role and relegating Marrone (who is much more talented) that is stupid to me. and that too, to pay 5 mill for him (when cheaper, better players were available) and that too for FIVE years was just absolutely rubbish.

We are spending so much more money than Roma and we will continue to do so. for whats been achieved at Roma (now THEY are rebuilding) for what little has been spent, for a completely new coach who doesnt speak italian and came from a completely different environment, and with the youth talent they have - I have been very impressed.

sure if you buy 30 players, youre bound to get a few good ones alones with a quite a few more bad ones. The real skill comes in spending little and getting a high percentage of talented players.

Thats a skill that we havent mastered yet.

Im against Boriello coming and Im against Padoin being bought - only time will tell whether my judgment is correct or not.
Lynx100
Lynx100
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The_ItalianFool Thu Feb 23, 2012 6:06 am

We are definitely not done with the reconstructing phase. lets get a respectable league finish then talk about getting the next step up in quality. Depth is needed, and Conte likes the player. Simple as that.

In Conte we trust! cheers
The_ItalianFool
The_ItalianFool
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynx100 Thu Feb 23, 2012 7:13 am

Thats where I disagree with you.

I dont see us as still 'reconstructing'. and even if we are , Padoin is not the person to be 'reconstructing' with.

We have a respectable league position and any signings we make need to reflect our desire to stay there. Padoin isnt that. Simple as that.
Lynx100
Lynx100
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by salmano9 Thu Feb 23, 2012 8:53 am

Relax lynx, conte knows what he is doing
Leave everythinG to hiM.. He will take us to the top but we need to trust him!
salmano9
salmano9
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Malaga CF

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynx100 Thu Feb 23, 2012 8:56 am

salmano9 wrote:Relax lynx, conte knows what he is doing
Leave everythinG to hiM.. He will take us to the top but we need to trust him!

I am relaxed. Its not like I can change anything from sitting behind my keyboard!
Just expressing my opinion, thats all
Conte will do what Conte will do - irrespective of what I say or think
Lynx100
Lynx100
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down