For NON Madrid/Barca fans only: If Madrid win the league and Barca win both matches against them, which is the better side?

+40
Lord Awesome
ijomer
ronalessi
windkick
RealGunner
Adit
gnrfan
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Die Borussen
Dnmac4
RED
cyberman
paperbackwriter
REWB
arabprince
FalcaoPunch
Harmonica
Doc
Zealous
che
BarcaLearning
baresi
Giggslegend
aleumdance
lszanto
red&blacklegion
dostoevsky
emassy
stevieg8
SaintJoe
Red Alert
TrezeGent
El Chelsea Fuerte
The Verminator
I Have Mono
jibers
Sushi Master
Blue
serieAkings
BarrileteCosmico
44 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

For NON Madrid/Barca fans only: If Madrid win the league and Barca win both matches against them, which is the better side? - Page 3 Empty Re: For NON Madrid/Barca fans only: If Madrid win the league and Barca win both matches against them, which is the better side?

Post by RealGunner Mon Jan 30, 2012 3:20 pm

Madrid will be the better team.

However if Barca wins the CL, then that gets complicated

RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

For NON Madrid/Barca fans only: If Madrid win the league and Barca win both matches against them, which is the better side? - Page 3 Empty Re: For NON Madrid/Barca fans only: If Madrid win the league and Barca win both matches against them, which is the better side?

Post by windkick Mon Jan 30, 2012 3:39 pm

If Barca dont win anymore trophies this season then yes...R. Madrid were superior this season if they do to win the League. I don't think it could be argued.

If however, Barca win la Copa del Rey and Champions League then Barca were the superior team.

Barca would have 5 trophies this season to R. Madrids 1. (Champions League, Copa Del Rey, UEFA Super Cup, Club World Cup, Super Copa de ESpana > La Liga) Plus they won 2 cups directly through going through R. Madrid (Super Copa de Espana and Copa del Rey) and who knows maybe even the Champions League. To add they already beat R. Madrid at home and could possibly beat them at the Camp Nou (who knows)

If anything I think season it's finally biting Pep in the ass the fact that he has a thin squad. We get injuries and we end up using are starters over and over + we are playing allot of games this season. Our bench for the Villareal squad was a bunch of Barca B kids, compare that to Real Madrids bench that's full of legit starters for other teams. That squad depth in a long season can win you a league. Pep some how always makes it work but right now Barca looks fatigued but hopefully we can still win the Champions League and Copa like I said
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by ronalessi Mon Jan 30, 2012 3:55 pm

At the moment, Barca are still the better side. They had some issues with burgers and Missi luck. Generally, bad luck. :vagi:

If Madrid can beat Barcelona when they meet in the CL and in the upcoming league fixture Chaka , I'll say they are the better side.

Until then... smoking
ronalessi
ronalessi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by ijomer Mon Jan 30, 2012 6:14 pm

WHAT PART OF NON BARCA/MADRID POSTERS DO YOU GUYS NOT GET?

ffs, i want to see some neutral views, PLEASE STOP posting if you are a cule or a madridista... don't ruin this thread, its actually good.

NEUTRALS Keep Posting Smile
ijomer
ijomer
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by baresi Mon Jan 30, 2012 6:26 pm

If Barca wins the CL it doesn't give any indication that they are better than Real Madrid UNLESS the beat them in the final or eliminate them from what ever round, but winning the CL without them playing each other means nothing IMO.
baresi
baresi
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Mon Jan 30, 2012 6:38 pm

Beating them in the Copa del Rey, Super Copa de Espana, League and "potentially" in the Champions League not good enuff for you huh unless they meet in the final of Champions League?

Ok that was my last post Smile
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Awesome Mon Jan 30, 2012 6:59 pm

Has to be Madrid. In a League it's litterally team X vs 19 other teams. If team Y beats team X in 2 fixtures but doesn't accumilate more points then team X in the end then you'd have to admit team X was better overall.

It depends though, you have injuries to vital players, the distance between first and 2nd place matters greatly IMO you could say the team that wins the league sometimes is the team that had the better season and not the best team.

Really we just have to wait and see what happens during the rest of the season to find out who's who.

Last edited by Lord Hispano on Mon Jan 30, 2012 7:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by baresi Mon Jan 30, 2012 7:03 pm

baresi wrote:If Barca wins the CL it doesn't give any indication that they are better than Real Madrid UNLESS the beat them in the final or eliminate them from what ever round, but winning the CL without them playing each other means nothing IMO.
windkick wrote:Beating them in the Copa del Rey, Super Copa de Espana, League and "potentially" in the Champions League not good enuff for you huh unless they meet in the final of Champions League?

yes why would you consider your team any better if you win the CL without beating them? Legit question imo.
baresi
baresi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Die Borussen Mon Jan 30, 2012 7:11 pm

there is no answer to this question

barcelona > real madrid face to face atm

real madrid > barcelona championship battle

its like you are able to lay down your opponent without defeating him by your self.. others do it for you, in this case the other la liga teams...

but thats why its a "league" = the winner should be the one who can beat the most

Die Borussen
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Mon Jan 30, 2012 7:27 pm

baresi wrote:
baresi wrote:If Barca wins the CL it doesn't give any indication that they are better than Real Madrid UNLESS the beat them in the final or eliminate them from what ever round, but winning the CL without them playing each other means nothing IMO.
windkick wrote:Beating them in the Copa del Rey, Super Copa de Espana, League and "potentially" in the Champions League not good enuff for you huh unless they meet in the final of Champions League?

yes why would you consider your team any better if you win the CL without beating them? Legit question imo.

In my opinion ofcourse, the winner of the Champions League has to be considered the best of all of the teams that participated. You can make assumptions that Real Madrid would of also beat Man U last year, but at the end of the day it's just an assumption. The fact remains that Man u came in 2nd and Barca first and everybody else were under them. I would treat it the same if R. Madrid were to win Champions this year
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Mon Jan 30, 2012 7:28 pm

Schalke=Real Madrid :coffee:
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Die Borussen Mon Jan 30, 2012 7:32 pm

windkick wrote:
baresi wrote:

In my opinion ofcourse, the winner of the Champions League has to be considered the best of all of the teams that participated. You can make assumptions that Real Madrid would of also beat Man U last year, but at the end of the day it's just an assumption. The fact remains that Man u came in 2nd and Barca first and everybody else were under them. I would treat it the same if R. Madrid were to win Champions this year

+1 after all you beat the one who beated the one you didnt face..

Die Borussen
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by baresi Mon Jan 30, 2012 7:33 pm

windkick wrote:
baresi wrote:

windkick wrote:
baresi wrote:

since this is a non RM Barca debate, my opinion>>>> yours.
baresi
baresi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Vapotrini Mon Jan 30, 2012 8:14 pm

How can you be the best team if you can't beat the second best team in so many tries? If they played just twice and Barca got the better end of it, I could understand that. But if Real can't win in 6-8 tries in a single year, I don't see how they could be considered better. More consistent? Definitely.

Let's wait and see what happens in the return leg of the league and CL.

Vapotrini
Banned (Temporary)

Back to top Go down

Post by S32TABLANCA Mon Jan 30, 2012 8:16 pm

Vapotrini wrote:How can you be the best team if you can't beat the second best team in so many tries? If they played just twice and Barca got the better end of it, I could understand that. But if Real can't win in 6-8 tries in a single year, I don't see how they could be considered better. More consistent? Definitely.

Because when we actually go at our full quality, we are just as good as you or better?
S32TABLANCA
S32TABLANCA
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Vapotrini Mon Jan 30, 2012 8:18 pm

Saetablanca wrote:
Vapotrini wrote:How can you be the best team if you can't beat the second best team in so many tries? If they played just twice and Barca got the better end of it, I could understand that. But if Real can't win in 6-8 tries in a single year, I don't see how they could be considered better. More consistent? Definitely.

Because when we actually go at our full quality, we are just as good as you or better?

That's opinion.

Fact = Your won/loss record against Barca says otherwise.

Vapotrini
Banned (Temporary)

Back to top Go down

Post by Highburied Mon Jan 30, 2012 8:19 pm

This thread is pathetic.

Since when 2nd best team is better than Champions?

Barca fans :facepalm:
Highburied
Highburied
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by S32TABLANCA Mon Jan 30, 2012 8:23 pm

Vapotrini wrote:
Saetablanca wrote:

That's opinion.

Fact = Your won/loss record against Barca says otherwise.

No, it doesnt. When we went out and attacked, would be the Supercup where we were better in the first leg and in the second Messi made the difference, the 1-3 where we were hugely unlucky, and the Camp Nou Copa vuelta where we were extremely superior and you were only saved by that disgusting refereeing. And the 1-1 in the Camp Nou where we had another fair goal disallowed.

It would be wrong to claim that we are the best team in the world, but by the end of the season I think we could definately claim to be better than Barca if we win the league and win at least one more Clasico.
S32TABLANCA
S32TABLANCA
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Vapotrini Mon Jan 30, 2012 8:26 pm

highburied wrote:This thread is pathetic.

Since when 2nd best team is better than Champions?

Barca fans :facepalm:

It's not really that simple is it?

Barca won Super cup against Real.

Barca put Real out of King's Cup.

Barca have beaten Real in their own home in the league.

If Barca win the return leg, and put Real out of CL, then it becomes a little more complex when asking who is better. Doesn't it? Or does winning the league negate all those other competitions? Maybe for you.

Vapotrini
Banned (Temporary)

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Mon Jan 30, 2012 8:28 pm

Real and Barca fans, I know it's tempting and I've posted here myself, but please do try to keep your contribution on a minimum. If you wish to discuss this subject more in depth find or make another thread for it.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Mon Jan 30, 2012 8:31 pm

If Madrid win Liga and Barca don't win CL = Madrid is superior. All the other competitions are pretty meh and any of Barca or Madrid would steam them.

If Madrid win Liga and Barca win CL... then it's hard as frack to judge.

Even with Madrid winning the league once in like 5 years, I'd still rate Barca more simply due to consistency. If Madrid can keep up winning shit 2 years straight, then I'd agree Madrid > Barca, though.

If we factor in Liga competiveness it's not at all impressive banana
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Highburied Mon Jan 30, 2012 8:50 pm

League >> CL

Highburied
Highburied
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by baresi Mon Jan 30, 2012 8:54 pm

highburied wrote:League >> CL

Especially for RM they have many of it.
baresi
baresi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Mon Jan 30, 2012 11:15 pm

Madrid are obsessed with the Champions League, they'd probably throw away the lead for La Decima.

As I said before, the margin of victory in the league comes into play if Barcelona win the Champions League or even come very close. Say Real Madrid get dumped out in the quarter-finals by Barcelona and can focus solely on the league but only manage to close it out by a point despite all of the distractions Barcelona have?

How much more consistent and focussed would Madrid have had to be to get just one more point whilst Barcelona were battling for European glory for far longer than they were?

Or what if Barcelona win the Champions League but Madrid win the league by 15 points? I'm not going to put a tipping point on the margin, however if Barcelona let the league slip that far then the team would lose a lot from their argument of the more complicated schedule.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3