Latin European and Latin American Styles

+3
BarrileteCosmico
BeautifulGame
Lord Awesome
7 posters

Go down

Latin European and Latin American Styles Empty Latin European and Latin American Styles

Post by Lord Awesome Sat Jun 18, 2011 7:58 am

Here's something I've been meaning to ask lately, even though the game from both sides of the Atlantic revolves around Technique, is there actually a difference between them?
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Latin European and Latin American Styles Empty Re: Latin European and Latin American Styles

Post by BeautifulGame Sat Jun 18, 2011 8:08 am

Sorry about my ignorance but does Latin European teams mean Spain and Portugal?
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Latin European and Latin American Styles Empty Re: Latin European and Latin American Styles

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sat Jun 18, 2011 2:53 pm

Yeah what do you mean by Latin European? Italy + France + Spain + Portugal + Greece?

If that's the case then there is most certainly a difference in styles.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Awesome Sat Jun 18, 2011 5:47 pm

Oops. Sorry if I wasn't clear

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Latin_Europe
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Sat Jun 18, 2011 6:31 pm

The most similar European countries to their American counterparts would be Portugal and Spain. Italy traditionaly play very tactical, cerebral football and not the attacking frenzy of most American countries.

France have adapted very African roots due to their mixed heritage players.

Nowadays most sides play similar football, though. This was more apparent years ago.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Uruguay Sat Jun 18, 2011 6:52 pm

Andorra, France, Italy, Moldova, Monaco, Portugal, Romania, San Marino, Spain and Vatican City are all the Latin European countries, and the last one has a football team too!
Uruguay
Uruguay
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by wigglesworth Sat Jun 18, 2011 7:45 pm

BeautifulGame wrote:Sorry about my ignorance but does Latin European teams mean Spain and Portugal?

The Latins originated in Italy in the region of Latium (Lazio in modern Italian) around Rome. The Romans were a Latin tribe. Why do you mention Spain and Portugal before the original Latin country?
wigglesworth
wigglesworth
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by wigglesworth Sat Jun 18, 2011 7:46 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:Yeah what do you mean by Latin European? Italy + France + Spain + Portugal + Greece?

If that's the case then there is most certainly a difference in styles.

Greece is not a Latin country.
wigglesworth
wigglesworth
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by :{Mr.Mustachio! Sat Jun 18, 2011 8:00 pm

I think there are many similarities, but also some differences. The way Brazilians play the game for instance is not the same as any european nation. Argentina in my view are and have always been quite similar. They lack our tactical qualities, and we lack their vivacity; beyond that they inherit both our best and worst characteristics.

I think the 'Latins' see the game in the same way, even if each has a slightly different interpretation. Those from the north on the other hand, be it the Americas or Europe, see it in a entirely different way.
:{Mr.Mustachio!
:{Mr.Mustachio!
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Sun Jun 19, 2011 7:52 am

wigglesworth wrote:
BeautifulGame wrote:Sorry about my ignorance but does Latin European teams mean Spain and Portugal?

The Latins originated in Italy in the region of Latium (Lazio in modern Italian) around Rome. The Romans were a Latin tribe. Why do you mention Spain and Portugal before the original Latin country?

Well i not familiar with the history and origins of Latin America.Since Latin American countries mostly speak Spanish or Portugese i thought Latin European teams meant Spain and Portugal.
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum