AC Milan CEO Adriano Galliani admits Zlatan Ibrahimovic could be better than Marco van Basten

+14
LeBéninois
Doc
baresi
milanfan7
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Arquitecto
aleumdance
Jonathan28
izzy
Sir Psycho
7amood11
Mr Nick09
The Franchise
BarrileteCosmico
18 posters

Go down

AC Milan CEO Adriano Galliani admits Zlatan Ibrahimovic could be better than Marco van Basten Empty AC Milan CEO Adriano Galliani admits Zlatan Ibrahimovic could be better than Marco van Basten

Post by BarrileteCosmico Mon Jan 23, 2012 5:42 pm

AC Milan CEO Adriano Galliani believes Zlatan Ibrahimovic is capable of surpassing Marco van Basten’s achievements at San Siro.

Former Netherlands striker Van Basten is considered a true Rossoneri legend, having scored 90 goals in 147 Serie A games for the club before his career was cruelly cut short by injury.

Ibrahimovic only arrived at San Siro in the summer of 2010 but after netting 28 times in his first 45 league games for Milan, the Swede is, according to Galliani, well on his way to achieving a similar level of iconic status to that of the Dutchman.

"Zlatan is amazing,” the Rossoneri CEO is quoted as saying by Il Corriere dello Sport. "The player in my heart is Van Basten, but if he [Ibrahimovic] continues like this..."

Meanwhile, Ibrahimovic, who netted twice in Sunday’s 3-0 victory over Novara, believes that he is now the key player in the Milan line-up.

"I'm better than last year and I feel like the leader of this team," he said. "We have to continue like this. Against Novara we played a great game."

Milan currently sit second in Serie A, one point behind leaders Juventus and Ibrahimovic admits that Massimiliano Allegri’s men face a real battle to hold on to their title this season.

"Juve are strong and are playing well. Just like us,” he mused. "It will be a good fight. There are many teams that can win the title."
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

AC Milan CEO Adriano Galliani admits Zlatan Ibrahimovic could be better than Marco van Basten Empty Re: AC Milan CEO Adriano Galliani admits Zlatan Ibrahimovic could be better than Marco van Basten

Post by The Franchise Mon Jan 23, 2012 5:52 pm

Admits lol

Anyway, skill for skill you can see the logic, also Ibra is a winner.

But still...im not sure, I just have the feeling he isnt better.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

AC Milan CEO Adriano Galliani admits Zlatan Ibrahimovic could be better than Marco van Basten Empty Re: AC Milan CEO Adriano Galliani admits Zlatan Ibrahimovic could be better than Marco van Basten

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon Jan 23, 2012 5:54 pm

Maxi Lopez is the next shevchenko too?
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by 7amood11 Mon Jan 23, 2012 5:55 pm

That is ridiculous. Ibra has to spend a lot more time at Milan to come close to Van Basten's status.
7amood11
7amood11
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Mon Jan 23, 2012 6:00 pm

We're talking about a player who has forgotten what it feels like to not win a league title here.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir Psycho Mon Jan 23, 2012 6:01 pm

Just no.

Unless he's comparing Ibra to Van Basten in his current state.
Sir Psycho
Sir Psycho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Mon Jan 23, 2012 6:02 pm

I don't think so. No I don't think he is.
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan28 Mon Jan 23, 2012 6:02 pm

Ahh, my old friend Galliani, still talking BS I see.
Jonathan28
Jonathan28
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by aleumdance Mon Jan 23, 2012 6:09 pm

cocaine is hell of a drug
aleumdance
aleumdance
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Mon Jan 23, 2012 6:20 pm

"The player in my heart is Van Basten, but if he [Ibrahimovic] continues like this..."

Context.

If any of you followed Galliani well you would know he simply is just aloof and known to bluff with the press with his open minded thoughts, not statements.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Jan 23, 2012 6:22 pm

BTW before you people attack Galliani he is not the first person to say this.....

Capello has said the same.....
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by milanfan7 Mon Jan 23, 2012 7:18 pm

Whoever thinks that Ibrahimovic is even close to Van Basten has a very wild imagination.
milanfan7
milanfan7
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by baresi Mon Jan 23, 2012 7:22 pm

just boosting Ibras confidence level at this stage, nothing wrong with it, i doubt he really meant it.
baresi
baresi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Mon Jan 23, 2012 8:28 pm

Immaculate_Mole wrote:BTW before you people attack Galliani he is not the first person to say this.....

Capello has said the same.....

When I saw the thread header, it is Capello quote I literally thought about. He remarked Ibra has/had everything there was to be a forward like Van Basten at his time with Juventus but something in him was missing. Can't remember what though...
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon Jan 23, 2012 8:30 pm

Tevez has said that he will wait for Milan only
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by LeBéninois Mon Jan 23, 2012 8:40 pm

some of you guys are funny. He just want zlatan to keep performing
LeBéninois
LeBéninois
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BiasedMilanFan3 Mon Jan 23, 2012 9:59 pm

I love Ibrahimovic and I am a huge fan of his but if I had to make a list of the top 10 greatest players of all time, Van Basten would honestly be in the top 3. And I don't believe Ibra can be the first or second best player of all time.
BiasedMilanFan3
BiasedMilanFan3
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:33 pm

We all know that Ibra is full of himself. Most probably Galliani is trying to keep him consistently playing well
Soul
Soul
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by aleumdance Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:48 pm

Soul wrote:We all know that Ibra is full of himself. Most probably Galliani is trying to keep him consistently playing well

it works in reverse for players like Bendtner, since he said he was the best in the world , he just got worse
aleumdance
aleumdance
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Senor Penguin Mon Jan 23, 2012 11:10 pm

aleumdance wrote:
Soul wrote:We all know that Ibra is full of himself. Most probably Galliani is trying to keep him consistently playing well

it works in reverse for players like Bendtner, since he said he was the best in the world , he just got worse
Definitely a difference between being asslicked and asslicking oneself. Ibraflop is a flop regardless of the source. :lucas:

Senor Penguin
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by mr.galliani Mon Jan 23, 2012 11:10 pm

Ordinho10 wrote:Ahh, my old friend Galliani, still talking BS I see.

Please don't talk like this about him. Galliani is among the smartest men in Italian football. When he speaks, Italy listens. There is always a second, third meaning behind every statement he makes. Every time he steps out in the media he has a pre-existing intention of what he wants with his words and he (almost) always gets what he wants. He never, ever talks "BS", so sit down please.
mr.galliani
mr.galliani
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down